Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally pumped my whirligig saw to 10 from 7 and used it on Laurence in ng+3

Holy poo poo it devoured him. I thought it was good before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The only downside to the whirligig is the sound gets annoying.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh Long Johnson posted:

My PS4 is in the living room so usually when I'm playing my wife is also sitting in the room and she hates it when I play bloodborne because there's 0 music and dialogue and just buzzsaw noises and flesh being torn apart

Lol the orphan fight with the buzzsaw I muted it myself after like 30 tries

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My PS4 is in the living room so usually when I'm playing my wife is also sitting in the room and she hates it when I play bloodborne because there's 0 music and dialogue and just buzzsaw noises and flesh being torn apart

it scares the poo poo out of my roommate's dog, because it's nothing but animals dying, screaming, and blood noises, so i have to play it w/ headphones

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

music: 10 voice: 10 fx: 0

unless orphan's cries are categorized under voice

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

music: 10 voice: 10 fx: 0

unless orphan's cries are categorized under voice

Idk what your trying to say here.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm saying if the blood and carnage noises are too much just mute them and keep the music/voice on in the sound menu. the only hiccup is if orphan's wailing is a "voice" sound and not an "fx" one

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'm saying if the blood and carnage noises are too much just mute them and keep the music/voice on in the sound menu. the only hiccup is if orphan's wailing is a "voice" sound and not an "fx" one

I actually already turned down the sfx a bunch and music up but sometimes you actually want to hear what's going on too, like if I'm remembering right a lot of the time you'll hear enemies sneaking up before you see them

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Oh Long Johnson posted:

lol WRONG

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the sound. its like popping bubble wrap to me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I wish I didnt mind the Beast Claws sound so much, but the whirligig is all good to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have to use headphones 100% of the time when using ps4 but even if I didn't have to I would anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend just got a ps4 since they're cheap now that the pro is out and I've lent him bloodborne. I hope it brings him joy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

I wish I didnt mind the Beast Claws sound so much, but the whirligig is all good to me

They really hosed up making the l2 attack on the parasite make the wolf howl sound effect. Wtf

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
guys guys guys what's the best skill weapon in the game? I need to know

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You should decide for yourself

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Well I already have my own answer, I'm just interested in what you guys have to say as well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, excuse me. well i personally think the rakuyo is the best, but i like the scythe too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh and the church pick

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
churchpick transformed l2 is my favorite move in the drat game

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I could never get into the rakuyo, it always felt like a slow blades of mercy and the reason I liked the blades was that I could mash R1 and have a good time watching my character stab things, quickly.

Burial blade is best though. Bloodborne is already the best game because of the rally system so a weapon that boosts it makes it immensely better. Basically it makes me very glad that the tankiest weapon in the game is a wicked scythe and not some kind of poo poo mace. Too bad you can't get it until the postgame

whatis posted:

churchpick transformed l2 is my favorite move in the drat game

I really enjoy the untransformed church pick just because it has that umph-y feeling and it goes together nicely with the burial blade since I hate the blade form of that weapon but love the hell out of the scythe form. The transformed pick is ehhhhh for me, the only move I really like is the R2 charge, especially on enemies with ball heads that are a few feet off the ground.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ArtIsResistance posted:

guys guys guys what's the best skill weapon in the game? I need to know

it's the beasthunter saif all the way for this guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite is the classic Cane.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Not sure why anybody would pick a loadout other than cane + morpheus glasses + top hat when starting this game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Saw Cleaver.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
church pick

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

:discourse:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i love the saif

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Not sure why anybody would pick a loadout other than cane + morpheus glasses + top hat when starting this game

Im not really into the top hat and cane fashion aesthetic

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

I.N.R.I posted:

i love the saif

Same, the untransformed move set is maybe a little lacking though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the untransformed chikage

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

blade of mercy is too much fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

:yeah:

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

no question for me yeah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't get that weapon at all. i tried it, and it seemed too clumsy.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

saif's transformed attacks are amazing, but I've never found a decent use for the untransformed ones. too slow for crowd control imo.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Im not really into the top hat and cane fashion aesthetic

It is said that some men are born beasts...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

saif's transformed attacks are amazing, but I've never found a decent use for the untransformed ones. too slow for crowd control imo.

It's mobility is incredible, you can dance in and out on almost every combo while doing damage instead of just normal quick stepping

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i don't get that weapon at all. i tried it, and it seemed too clumsy.

It feels weird at first but basically turns your movement into ice skating and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you only need to use it transformed :P its good enough for any fight in the game like that. although a heavy weapon is maybe better for brain frenzy enemies since they poise through regular hits.