Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

hi venom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

If you want to be in Infinite you need to lose about 150 pounds of muscle and get a lame-looking costume. :v:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

drat, i don't know how to embed a tweet

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

just post the url, it doesnt preview right but it works

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Countblanc posted:

just post the url, it doesnt preview right but it works

thanks radium

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

just copy+paste the url, the forum does it for you automatically

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShADoWxNoBODy/status/805296695005171712

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

of course they whitewash him in the manga :rolleyes:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It looks like the Power Gem gives you a one shot wall-bounce, and the Time Gem gives you a one shot teleport. They're just assists.

That is so fuckin lazy lmao.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

It looks like the Power Gem gives you a one shot wall-bounce, and the Time Gem gives you a one shot teleport. They're just assists.

That is so fuckin lazy lmao.

they give you buffs for a duration. they are also supposed to have another "more rare" power

they are x-factors

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

This is great info! Thanks for bringing it to us.

Also, Jesus you guys are cynical. I mean, I know Capcom's got a pretty bad standing at this point, but this is like, day one reveal; there are still a lot of unknowns about the game. For the moment, I'm happy to just revel in the fact that there's going to be a new Marvel Vs Capcom, and it looks cool :D

ah, yes, spoken like someone who doesnt play fighting games at all (or is terrible at them)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinite will only be good if it has a fusion jazz soundtrack.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

ah, yes, spoken like someone who doesnt play fighting games at all (or is terrible at them)

i think you'll find that what it really needs is x-men characters and better graphics

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
only thing im worried about is the size of the roster

if i cant have back 3v3 or assists, can i ATLEAST have 56 characters like in MvC2?

please, Capcom? :smith:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

it will start with 12 and the other 40 will be dlc

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I don't mind the 2 v 2 but man do the characters tagging in and out look so loving bad.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Race Realists posted:

only thing im worried about is the size of the roster

if i cant have back 3v3 or assists, can i ATLEAST have 56 characters like in MvC2?

please, Capcom? :smith:

You're not getting it at launch if that's what you mean, especially if the game is coming out within a year from now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The roster is going to be sixteen characters and half of them are going to be loser Inhumans and the boring SF characters.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I would be very surprised if Frank West wasn't in it, although it'll probably be his Dead Rising 4 version, so he'll have a bunch of even goofier combo weapons and a new voice actor that nobody likes.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
In a world where SFV did not happen, I would have given this game a chance to prove itself.

The me of this timeline will do no such thing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As much as I bitch about this game, I'm still going to buy it and play it a lot.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm still losing it at the team saying "We want more variety, MvC2 and MvC3 didn't have nearly enough variety" and then looking to loving CvS2 of all games for inspiration.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I remember I got yelled at here before by asking the question if people would really want another Marvel vs Capcom game made by modern Capcom.

I really wish I was wrong. :(

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Zand posted:

I should have realized that conveying mild excitement over a trailer would reveal what a scrub I am.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

I'm still losing it at the team saying "We want more variety, MvC2 and MvC3 didn't have nearly enough variety" and then looking to loving CvS2 of all games for inspiration.

Man, I would be okay with the lack of variety in character selection if MvCI can move away from the year long touch-of-death combos that plagued every high level MVC3 match. Also, I would be forever content not to have to see anything like ChrisG's Morridoom shenanigans ever again. It's Mahvel, not Ikaruga.

Baba Yaga Fanboy fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 4, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I remember I got yelled at here before by asking the question if people would really want another Marvel vs Capcom game made by modern Capcom.

I really wish I was wrong. :(

My dad always said a lovely game is still more fun than a game that doesn't exist.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Man, I would be okay with the lack of variety of MvCI can move away from the year long touch-of-death combos that plagued every high level MVC3 match. Also, I would be forever content not to have to see anything like ChrisG's Morridoom shenanigans ever again. It's Mahvel, not Ikaruga.

Morridoom was badass.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Man, I would be okay with the lack of variety of MvCI can move away from the year long touch-of-death combos that plagued every high level MVC3 match. Also, I would be forever content not to have to see anything like ChrisG's Morridoom shenanigans ever again. It's Mahvel, not Ikaruga.

laugh at all of this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

My dad always said a lovely game is still more fun than a game that doesn't exist.

that would be relevant if marvel vs capcom infinite was the only game in existence

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I cant believe there are still peopel who hate morridoom in 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

that would be relevant if marvel vs capcom infinite was the only game in existence

No, it's actually still very relevant.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The Mahvel Meme

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

fadam posted:

Morridoom was badass.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

You're not getting it at launch if that's what you mean, especially if the game is coming out within a year from now.

of course. im hoping we get as much support for this game as possible.

make this the largest MvC yet!

but this is the real world, so :v:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

No, it's actually still very relevant.

not really sure how

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I should have realized that conveying mild excitement over a trailer would reveal what a scrub I am.

Well, yeah. You successfully demonstrated that you're not aware of a lot of the things the game has shown which have been historically proven to be detrimental. Being uninformed is not your fault, but how you react will say a lot of things both about you and about your future with these games.

MvC∞ will take away a lot of things that lead to a better game (team composition, assists) and add a lot of things that lead to a worse game (even more ways to make longer combos, new ways to bring in characters risk-free, and a new game system which has been demonstrated currently to be primarily a combo extension system and not something that actually improves the game). It's also alarming that they'd advertise making the game more casual when those words have a 100% correlation with making the game worse. Finally, your "mild excitement" could have easily been interpreted as low-effort contrarian shitposting, because it was clearly against the consensus of the thread but without any substantial statements to back it up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i hope each character takes like five god damned combos to kill in this game

better yet make sure one of the infinity stones gives a god damned burst

and give even more characters safe teleports

just poo poo right down my throat capcom

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Using a pair of developers, quickly cut off the assists of the game and 1/3 of the team. This kills the franchise.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Also, I would be forever content not to have to see anything like ChrisG's Morridoom shenanigans ever again. It's Mahvel, not Ikaruga.

Oh Jesus. I should have posted faster. I'm sorry.

You really are very new and you're going to get torn a new one. MoriDoom was one of the best things about MvC3, precisely because it was a clear and very interesting diversion from unblockables, lightning loops, and TAC infinites.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i hope there is even less effective zoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

i hope each character takes like five god damned combos to kill in this game

better yet make sure one of the infinity stones gives a god damned burst

and give even more characters safe teleports

just poo poo right down my throat capcom

Space Gem is going to let you burst, you heard it hear first.