Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I don't gooncam very often, but i just had to conserve her "Yup, i just banished your rear end to antarctica"-face :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

bou posted:

I don't gooncam very often, but i just had to conserve her "Yup, i just banished your rear end to antarctica"-face :angel:

She really is the best part of the whole DC:CW enterprise. :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of goofy that she went with her fake glasses with a group of people who already know she's Supergirl.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

howe_sam posted:

Also, Mon-El as the prince of Daxim theory confirmed?

I keep going back and forth between him being the prince (there've been a couple dialogue moments that seem to call it out, Kara asking him if he's ever worked a day in his life for instance) or him actually being a guard, but being greedy/a coward and stealing the pod out from under that actual prince or something similar (his attempt to unburden his guilt in the Cadmus cell would dovetail with this).

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

muscles like this! posted:

Its kind of goofy that she went with her fake glasses with a group of people who already know she's Supergirl.

They're lead-lined so she doesn't accidentally see people's bits.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kara's been "Kara Danvers" for a long time and "Supergirl" for only a year and "Kara Zor El" was hidden for like a decade. So she's just probably naturally most comfortable in the geeky clothes and fake glasses. Its not a secret identity, its her identity she's had since she was a teen.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Didn't the aliens at the end of the episode call him "Mon-El Daxam", and wouldn't that imply he's a member of the royal family?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was Mon-El OF Daxam wasn't it?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

All of this makes me wonder if they're going to keep his name as Mon-El or if they're going to go full-comics and say his actual name is Lar Gand and just tweak it a little by saying he's the Daxamite prince.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It was Mon-El OF Daxam wasn't it?

Yeah I think so. So if those lady aliens knew him by name he probably isn't/wasn't some no-name guard. Might be some weird nobility-as-honorguard or a situation where he knew the prince as kids and basically grew up in the royal circles, but I think him being the actual prince is the most likely explanation. Nobody is going to track down a random guard across space (unless he stole the prince's escape pod :tinfoil:)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why exactly aren't Kara and Jimmy together anymore? Cause he's her boss?

That's a decent reason I just don't remember them ever actually addressing it, like I missed a scene where they came to an understanding of what their relationship was now.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I can't hear an "of" but subtitles say it's there. I'll blame this on the voice distortion effect and hearing loss.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

greatn posted:

That's a decent reason I just don't remember them ever actually addressing it, like I missed a scene where they came to an understanding of what their relationship was now.

They had a balcony scene at Catco in the first season (I think Jimmy broke it off because he was waffling over Lana - who basically disappeared from the show shortly after).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

At the end of the premier they decide that it just isn't going to work. They don't really give a good explanation. Most likely the whole thing was a victim of the network change and them having to rebalance some stuff behind the scenes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe they didn't want to have Supergirl dating her boss.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

WarLocke posted:

They had a balcony scene at Catco in the first season (I think Jimmy broke it off because he was waffling over Lana - who basically disappeared from the show shortly after).

No, the first episode this season Kara friendzoned him so she could figure out "how to be Kara" aka find a white boyfriend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or an anthropomorphized horse.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Mon-El might as well be that

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

howe_sam posted:

She really is the best part of the whole DC:CW enterprise. :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kara and frozen treats is the confirmed canon pairing

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
The James/Kara thing getting unceremoniously shoved out the door feels weird when there hasn't even been a cursory hint of it since the break-up. Like, not even a funny look from James when Mon-El outright asked if Kara was 'mated'. I'd guess it was a combination of wanting to have Mon-El on the show but not deal with a love triangle for a second season in a row, and also maybe to make it easier to run with the Guardian storyline without having to worry about the added layer of how Kara doesn't know about it when she's dating the guy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It seems doubtful they ended it because James was black, considering Iris and Wally on the next show over, but yeah when you take that whole season of buildup and sweep it completely under the rug immediately to give a white love interest it isn't a good look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

xeria posted:

The James/Kara thing getting unceremoniously shoved out the door feels weird when there hasn't even been a cursory hint of it since the break-up. Like, not even a funny look from James when Mon-El outright asked if Kara was 'mated'. I'd guess it was a combination of wanting to have Mon-El on the show but not deal with a love triangle for a second season in a row, and also maybe to make it easier to run with the Guardian storyline without having to worry about the added layer of how Kara doesn't know about it when she's dating the guy.

There was a bit where Winn and James joked about how she rejected them both.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I think they wrote it off because there wasn't much chemistry. I think they handle minorities fairly well on the show.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Yet they ended up with a pairing with even worse chemistry.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I think Kara and MonEl is pretty steamy. That's all I have on this shows relationships thanks.

Kraps fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 4, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

They lost the only believable love interest for Kara when Calista Flockhart left.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
But then they bought in Lena.

Come on writers, let us have this one. And Jimmy and Winn while you're at it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wynn only has eyes for *~the armor~*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

One of the best bits of the crossover was definitely Barry and Kara tag teaming the evil cyborg lady.

Yep. Those two together are fun no matter what but because it was the Arrow episode it turned into "let's beat the everliving gently caress out of this person"

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Here's a wide ranging article on Benoist while she wears fancy clothes, she talks about the upcoming movie about the Boston Marathon bombing in which she plays... Tamerlan Tsarnaev's wife?????

http://nypost.com/2016/12/01/how-supergirl-melissa-benoist-channeled-a-boston-marathon-bombers-widow/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the scale of Arrowverse movie roles I'd say that ranks below Casey Jones, but above naked schizophrenic.

But hey at least it's not a mobile game commercial.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Kraps posted:

Here's a wide ranging article on Benoist while she wears fancy clothes, she talks about the upcoming movie about the Boston Marathon bombing in which she plays... Tamerlan Tsarnaev's wife?????

http://nypost.com/2016/12/01/how-supergirl-melissa-benoist-channeled-a-boston-marathon-bombers-widow/

She could be Blake Lively's sister.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I just started this show and finished episode 3. So Supergirl is getting beat up by reactor man or whatever his name was and Superman shows up and saves her. Then she wakes up in her apartment and pretty soon the bad guy is back and she has to fight him again. WTF? Did Superman just save her and then leave the bad guy to continue on? How the gently caress does that make any sense? I really want to like this show, but does it continue being this stupid?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first season has a solid amount of :ughh:

Some of the outfits are hilariously stupid.

Woden
May 6, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's a CW show, it has to have a love triangle and angst.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

The first season has a solid amount of :ughh:

Some of the outfits are hilariously stupid.

None so horrible as the Red Tornado episode. Dude looked like a can of red tomatoes spray painted with some red glitter.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pan Dulce posted:

None so horrible as the Red Tornado episode. Dude looked like a can of red tomatoes spray painted with some red glitter.

Silver Banshee's dollar store Halloween outfit was way worse than Red Tornado.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Silver Banshee's dollar store Halloween outfit was way worse than Red Tornado.

Silver Banshee was just a woman dressing up like evil, we were supposed to think this was a military robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Silver Banshee was just a woman dressing up like evil, we were supposed to think this was a military robot

Seeing it in relatively low res, behind CGI, and in motion, it looked okay. Standing still like this unobstructed and in loving detail, it's amazing how unrobotic it is.