Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

jesus sony knows how do to do press conferences recently

what ever happened to the dismal days of charts and graphs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Games starting to go up

Mother Russia Bleeds, Tomb Raider Go, and Garou

no umvc3 yet

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Let It Die is up in the EU, and the Resident Evil 7 Demo 1.02 patch seems to be live (1.5ish gigs).

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

univbee posted:

Wtf they confirmed an english release of a yakuza game (6) before its japan release

I thought you meant the game was being released in the west before Japan and I got really excited for a minute

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So as a new PS4 owner, I need to get The Last of Us, right? Not sure what other game to get with it in the 2-for-1 deal. I already have games like Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Dishonored & Sleeping Dogs on Steam, and I'd rather play FPS games like Far Cry 4 on the PC.

Any ideas?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What 2 for 1 deal?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Smol posted:

So as a new PS4 owner, I need to get The Last of Us, right? Not sure what other game to get with it in the 2-for-1 deal. I already have games like Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Dishonored & Sleeping Dogs on Steam, and I'd rather play FPS games like Far Cry 4 on the PC.

Any ideas?

Mirror's Edge, Sniper Elite 3, Talos Principle, Trials Fusion

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Smol posted:

Any ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

use that, order it by the category with colors, make green at the top,

decide from the greens if you are a pc gamer as well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Echoing Mirror's Edge: Catalyst if you like that sort of thing.

The Last of Us, Titanfall 2, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian.

edit; How could I forget Bloodborne

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 4, 2016

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Smol posted:

Any ideas?

Bloodborne, the Uncharted series.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smol posted:

Any ideas?

you can probably get a code for the last of us cheaper than full price to be fair, but if you don't really care about saving the cash you 100% should get the last of us with that deal

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/805118600570871808

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Truth

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Jesus. I knew I had picked up a few games through Japanese PS+ while I had it, but I finally got it reactivated and found 160 games sitting around in there. Yeah a large chunk of that is PS1 classics, which they gave away 100 or so of, but I also have the following (I'm not trying to brag here, I'm trying to sort out which of these I should play first/spend any time on):
Birds of Steel
Crysis
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Batman Arkham Origins
Spelunky
Disgaea 3 & 4
EDF 4
Yakuza 1 & 2 HD
all the Wonder Boy games
Frozen Synapse Prime
Puppeteer
Ico
White Knight Chronicles
Demon's Souls
Flowery

And Atelier Sophie from this month.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 4, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress Japan gets good games :stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

did japan get knack

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

only one AAA game so nobody in the US would be happy

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Drop for the week

#killallzombies PS Vita — Digital
3on3 Freestyle PS4 — Digital
Arcade Archives Neo Geo Samurai Shodown PS4 — Digital (Out 12/8)
Ark: Survival Evolved PS4 — Digital
Demetrios — The Big Cynical Adventure PS Vita — Digital
Flying Bunny PS4 — Digital (Out 12/8)
The Last Guardian PS4 — Digital, Retail :supaburn:
Nubla PS4 — Digital
Red Faction PS4 — Digital
Space Overlords PS4, PS Vita — Digital
Werewolves Within PS VR — Digital, Retail

Also, once again, the PS4 PS+ games are Stories and Invisible Inc

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The Drop for the week

The Last Guardian PS4 — Digital, Retail :supaburn:

Also, once again, the PS4 PS+ games are Stories and Invisible Inc

Man, this is super weird to look at.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

still time to delay!

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Appropriately, my preorder on Amazon won't arrive til Wednesday!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Jesus. I knew I had picked up a few games through Japanese PS+ while I had it, but I finally got it reactivated and found 160 games sitting around in there. Yeah a large chunk of that is PS1 classics, which they gave away 100 or so of, but I also have the following (I'm not trying to brag here, I'm trying to sort out which of these I should play first/spend any time on):
Birds of Steel
Crysis
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Batman Arkham Origins
Spelunky
Disgaea 3 & 4
EDF 4
Yakuza 1 & 2 HD
all the Wonder Boy games
Frozen Synapse Prime
Puppeteer
Ico
White Knight Chronicles
Demon's Souls
Flowery

And Atelier Sophie from this month.

I wish we got PS1 games with PS+.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Could you imagine the nuclear heat that would result from getting the original Tomb Raider as a PSN game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I wish we got PS1 games with PS+.

lol back before the big Sony hack and they got forced to give away good games, PS1 games were all they gave away and people complained a lot.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Could you imagine the nuclear heat that would result from getting the original Tomb Raider as a PSN game

I don''t know, I think a three-year old PS3 game would be a pretty good get for PS+.

:v:

vvvv edit: Son of a bitch! Totally forgot about that.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 5, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I don''t know, I think a three-year old PS3 game would be a pretty good get for PS+.

:v:

You mean the one they gave away in March 2014?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I forget what thread people were talking about it in, but the free P5 theme and avatar set (i guess the one that NA got a few weeks ago when Atlus announced the delay) is up on the EU PSN today only.

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/805767743362527232

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sorry for the double post but there's a Buy One Get One Free offer on the EU store right now for PS3 and PS4 games. Not sure when it started but I haven't seen it mentioned in here. It looks like there's some good stuff in there. I already have Witcher 3 and TLOU. From what I've read here, Sleeping Dogs is good, right? I'm tempted to pick it up with maybe Dishonored 1 since I haven't played either.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Thanks for the heads up in the first of the double!

Haven't played much of either of those, but they both have their fans and seems like a lot of game for £30. Would probably be among my top picks after Witcher and TLOU (not a fan of Far Cry and Mirrors Edge makes me sick). The only other one that really stood out, if you haven't played it before, is Rayman Legends, which is an outstanding platformer.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
If you don't mind spending a few minutes screwing around with a web page debugger, you can get the PS4 themes listed below (and some contest entries for prize drawings in January) from the PlayStation Live streaming deal.

Drawn To Death Dynamic Theme
Horizon Zero Dawn Static Theme
Nioh Static Theme
PlayStation Collectible Cards Theme
PlayStation Experience 2016 Collage Theme
PlayStation Experience 2016 T-Shirt Theme
Windjammers Theme

Instructions are here.

Or you can sit and watch the stream normally. I initially tried doing it that way, but it refused to give me credit—even though I left it unmuted and in full-screen while I went shopping.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
the windjammers theme sucks, fyi. its just a modern pixel art of a beach with no reference to the game or characters

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
the t-shirt in the t-shirt theme, however, is hilariously size 3XL

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Yoya posted:

the t-shirt in the t-shirt theme, however, is hilariously size 3XL

This is why the PS4 has been so successful, though. Sony knows their audience.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

MisterAlex posted:

If you don't mind spending a few minutes screwing around with a web page debugger, you can get the PS4 themes listed below (and some contest entries for prize drawings in January) from the PlayStation Live streaming deal.

Drawn To Death Dynamic Theme
Horizon Zero Dawn Static Theme
Nioh Static Theme
PlayStation Collectible Cards Theme
PlayStation Experience 2016 Collage Theme
PlayStation Experience 2016 T-Shirt Theme
Windjammers Theme

Instructions are here.

Or you can sit and watch the stream normally. I initially tried doing it that way, but it refused to give me credit—even though I left it unmuted and in full-screen while I went shopping.
Why would I use these themes when there is corn love?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yoya posted:

the windjammers theme sucks, fyi. its just a modern pixel art of a beach with no reference to the game or characters
It has real cool sounds though

Only one I couldn't get was the Collage theme because no matter how many minutes I watched the Day One Livecast on Day One the timer never went up

dwarf74 posted:

Why would I use these themes when there is corn love?
the poors gotta have a theme too

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

20th anniversary and Rez Area X are both free

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is Birds of Steel good for casual air combat fans? Reviews seem to focus on how many types of historical planes are in it and how complicated the controls are, but they also mention an arcade mode that controls more like an Ace Combat or something. Basically am I going to enjoy it if I'm not a military buff or realistic flight sim fan?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

MisterAlex posted:

Instructions are here.

Too much clicking and searching, just enter:

$('.quest-wrapper').addClass('completed')

in the console(hit escape if you don't have it up), the first time and after each time you claim a prize.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Getsuya posted:

Is Birds of Steel good for casual air combat fans? Reviews seem to focus on how many types of historical planes are in it and how complicated the controls are, but they also mention an arcade mode that controls more like an Ace Combat or something. Basically am I going to enjoy it if I'm not a military buff or realistic flight sim fan?

Would like to know this also, looking for a non-"realistically flip all 500 switches required to take off" flight sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Shantae finally had a official release date of December 20th

• Locked thread