Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Emalde posted:

somebody do a bad mspaint of the "healthy meta genies" but with the tapu because holy poo poo. VGC is hell this year, it's like we skipped the baby introduction yay-a-new-generation-year and went straight to hardcore centralized legendary mirrors

I never thought I'd see Marowak everywhere, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Rainuwastaken posted:

Both teams are exactly the same except for one pokemon.
Yup, that's VGC, alright. :effort:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I'm still playing it but I'm enjoying it a lot less than X/Y's VGC. There's no counter to the Tapu other than having your own Tapu cause the terrain benefits are way too strong to play around. Celesteela is one of the most unfun pokemon in the game. Its like Skarmory on steroids.

I haven't been able to find a team that is both comfortable and fun to play. Everytime I change it, some other top tier mon starts loving me over. I'll probably never get much further past 1500 on Showdown without ditching some of the mons I really like.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 4, 2016

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm a Weavile and a handful of legendaries from my completed dex, mostly living.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
ironically, mega-evolutions (which they loving banned) would go a long way to fixing this problem, even if it was limited to alolan-available megas only

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Emalde posted:

somebody do a bad mspaint of the "healthy meta genies" but with the tapu because holy poo poo. VGC is hell this year, it's like we skipped the baby introduction yay-a-new-generation-year and went straight to hardcore centralized legendary mirrors

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I tried that but the only thing it brought was leech seed and heavy slam.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Alternatively:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 4, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Alternatively:

thank you tapus

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

THANK YOU TAPUS

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Wild Pokemon calling for help is the worst mechanic they've ever introduced.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, do we want to add another tab to the BB spreadsheet for the Apricorn balls and stuff like that?

I was thinking about doing that myself, but didn't figure out the best way to do it, so go ahead!

EDIT: I went ahead and added a Beast Ball Score row using your counting function, looks like you're in the lead currently!

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 4, 2016

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My friend went to Japan so my sis and I got some Alolan plushes through him. :3:

Pick your starter. Popplio has been replaced by a superior choice.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i want to do the cool rematches but i dont want to fight the elite four every time, gently caress you gamefreak

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Why did they making Kommo-o a fighting type but not let it learn Close Combat or Focus punch or Cross Chop or something? This is so disappointing.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Rainuwastaken posted:

Is this online?

I'm really really drat bad and I've beaten this team comp about a bajillion times because it's what everyone's playing

Bringing like, a single fake-out friend to this party seems to turbo gently caress it

A Tapu Fini / Togedemaru lead would really hurt those teams.

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 4, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Why did they making Kommo-o a fighting type but not let it learn Close Combat or Focus punch or Cross Chop or something? This is so disappointing.

Future game move tutors/egg moves. Gotta sell sell sell!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What would be my easiest/quickest option for a false-swiper pokemon in the post game?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

What would be my easiest/quickest option for a false-swiper pokemon in the post game?

What are you looking for in it? It's a TM now so a lot of things will do, alternatively the gift munchlax also comes with Hold Back. If you want a good catcher mon in general Smeargle is popular though you might need to go through some effort to give it spore/thunderwave etc.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

Probably a Smeargle

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

If you've got a high-level Decidueye, that works pretty well, the Ghost typing helps if you're SOS chaining certain Pokemon too. Parasect is a pretty good alternative, as it gets Spore for the sleep and Damp as a HA to help you with those Miniors and Geodudes. Also, Tapu Koko can work surprisingly well, the signature move is a Fairy-type Super Fang, and with the Tapunium-Z the first one does 75%, combined with Thunder Wave it's pretty decent if you don't absolutely need something sleeping at 1HP. You'll probably want at least two out of these, as Spore doesn't work on Grass types and TW doesn't work on Ground/Electric.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 4, 2016

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hey, is Dwall around? Spreadsheet says you've got a million BB things I don't have and I want to throw some of mine at you to make mutual benefit happen. PM me or post here or whatever.

Sorry I missed this earlier, but I should be around all day today. A heads up, though; I haven't really been breeding what I've caught, so anything like egg moves or good IVs might take me a while to get set up. Other than that, anything I've got is good to go.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dwall posted:

Sorry I missed this earlier, but I should be around all day today. A heads up, though; I haven't really been breeding what I've caught, so anything like egg moves or good IVs might take me a while to get set up. Other than that, anything I've got is good to go.

I'd be interested in some trading too if you're free. Missing the following beasties:

Caterpie
Cottonee
Grubbin
Pikipek
Rattata
Rockruff
Rufflet
Snubbull
Spinarak
Turtonator

IVs, natures, abilities and egg moves are not important for me for any of those. Let me know if you want to trade for some of the ones you're missing!

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

tyblazitar posted:

I'd be interested in some trading too if you're free. Missing the following beasties:

Caterpie
Cottonee
Grubbin
Pikipek
Rattata
Rockruff
Rufflet
Snubbull
Spinarak
Turtonator

IVs, natures, abilities and egg moves are not important for me for any of those. Let me know if you want to trade for some of the ones you're missing!

Since I have Sun, the ones you have that look most interesting are Drampa and Sandshrew. Whatever's on my list that you want, you can have.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Just a heads up, there's now a separate tab on the The Goon Beast Ball Project Spreadsheet for listing any Apricorn balls you have or want to request. Just use the tabs in the lower left, or just click here.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping any bounds, and if you have any ideas for formatting feel free to make them.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

notoriousman posted:

Just a heads up, there's now a separate tab on the The Goon Beast Ball Project Spreadsheet for listing any Apricorn balls you have or want to request. Just use the tabs in the lower left, or just click here.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping any bounds, and if you have any ideas for formatting feel free to make them.
Neat, thanks for adding that!

Dwall posted:

Since I have Sun, the ones you have that look most interesting are Drampa and Sandshrew. Whatever's on my list that you want, you can have.
I'm currently breeding Drampas, so I can get you a 6IV one! Sandshrew is fine too. Like I said, I'm interested in all the 10 I listed, so if you have 8 more you want specifically I'll breed them up, if not I'll just pick some myself that you're missing.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So how do alolan forms work in the pokedex? I feel like adding a bunch of alternate versions of previous pokemon instead of adding new pokemon makes the 'catch them all' thing a lot less binary/intuitive.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ignite Memories posted:

So how do alolan forms work in the pokedex? I feel like adding a bunch of alternate versions of previous pokemon instead of adding new pokemon makes the 'catch them all' thing a lot less binary/intuitive.

The same way forms, which are hardly new to the series, have always worked? They're the same Pokemon, they share a dex number, and you don't need both for completion. If you want both for an insane living dex project that's up to you.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Ignite Memories posted:

You only need to get one individual from the species to get pokedex "owned" status for the species. The pokedex will separately record whether you've encountered the different forms, in both ordinary and shiny colouration, but you don't need to own the pokemon to get those ticks, just see them (in a context where seeing pokemon "counts", so not online battles or a battle facility).

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pokemon science question: :science:

If Minior colors are hereditary, what color would a shiny Minior's children be? Can any of the colors get the shiny flag and the resultant color is random based on what color that Minior would have been if not shiny, or are the colors more of a Forme thing and the color of shiny offspring is automatically set to red or something? Anyone with a Shiny Minior willing to test?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cicadas! posted:

If Minior colors are hereditary, what color would a shiny Minior's children be? Can any of the colors get the shiny flag and the resultant color is random based on what color that Minior would have been if not shiny, or are the colors more of a Forme thing and the color of shiny offspring is automatically set to red or something? Anyone with a Shiny Minior willing to test?

Just because it's shiny doesn't mean it doesn't have a color. You just don't get to see the color. So the kid would have the color you can't see.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

tyblazitar posted:

I'm currently breeding Drampas, so I can get you a 6IV one! Sandshrew is fine too. Like I said, I'm interested in all the 10 I listed, so if you have 8 more you want specifically I'll breed them up, if not I'll just pick some myself that you're missing.

Turtonator for Drampa and Snubbull for Sandshrew sound good?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

I tested it, it keeps the same color as the shiny one's parent. The icon of the shiny also stays the same color (indigo in my case).

Dwall posted:

Turtonator for Drampa and Snubbull for Sandshrew sound good?

Sure! Going online now!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Cicadas! posted:

Far as I know, each variation of Minior has the black form as its shiny, so you wouldn't technically know what the original inheritable color was unless you did breed it. Also it seems the brown circle on the lower part of Minior's left "eye" when Shields Down is inactive moves to the right for its shiny form?

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Ignite Memories posted:

When you go to the pokedex entry and press Y (Appearance/Cry) you can see all the different forms of a pokemon using the left and right arrows, including Alolan/Kantoan, gender differences, and stuff like school form Wishiwashi.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Just because it's shiny doesn't mean it doesn't have a color. You just don't get to see the color. So the kid would have the color you can't see.

tyblazitar posted:

I tested it, it keeps the same color as the shiny one's parent. The icon of the shiny also stays the same color (indigo in my case).

notoriousman posted:

Far as I know, each variation of Minior has the black form as its shiny, so you wouldn't technically know what the original inheritable color was unless you did breed it. Also it seems the brown circle on the lower part of Minior's left "eye" when Shields Down is inactive moves to the right for its shiny form?

So it's like the Flabebe line where the color variations are counted individually for inheritance purposes but each technically has its own shiny form, even if they're all the same in Minior's case. Neat.

:ms:, thanks fellas.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I fought the Elite Four and the Elite Four didn't win.

L-R: Hoothood, Sia, Gubreppaz, Valdez, Knuffel and SeksiBack.

It was rough to stick with the electric bug. Late evolution, the sudden switch from attack to special and obviously its abysmal speed (it had a Quick Claw on it for most of the game). It was a good feeling to get that final evolution right after the fight with Hapu in Poni Canyon tho. Charjabug is also still a very cute bug.
I didn't evolve Stuffel until the champion fight. Originally I wanted it to be in the hall of fame, but after OHKOing Snorlax (Kukui's final Pokemon) with Hammer Arm I just had to let my lil buddy grow up.
Primarina came straight from the GTS after the second island when it became clear I needed some water to deal with rock/ground types. I originally wanted to breed it but it had the right nature, Ice hidden power... and it was named Sia. Perfect.
Turtonator was a very late pick-up which just perfectly fit into my "dual-types with no overlap" philosophy. It didn't catch up in levels so it couldn't go toe-to-toe with other dragons, but it's fiery attacks definitely were appreciated. That design has really grown on me.
Special shout-outs to my support crew: Buddha the Snorlax and Ketchum the Smeargle.

Good game. Now onwards to me get some beast balls and have some IVs checked!

notoriousman posted:

That's neat. Today I was handed a HA Fomantis in a Love Ball by means of Wonder Trade, so I guess I got something to offer. It has a modest nature tho, that doesn't seem to fit the bill. Breeding reject?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 4, 2016

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I like using fearow just because it's fast and can get roost

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

my "dual-types with no overlap" philosophy
Haha, I thought I was the only one who did this. Gotta get that 12 type STAB team!

quote:

That's neat. Today I was handed a HA Fomantis in a Love Ball by means of Wonder Trade, so I guess I got something to offer. It has a modest nature tho, that doesn't seem to fit the bill. Breeding reject?
The nice thing is, you can breed everything else onto it with the ball, so it's never useless. Breed one of those with a different-nature Ditto holding an Everstone and you'll only need one egg, if you don't have a Ditto with the right type just don't use Everstone and you'll find the right nature eventually and then you can breed from there. Same thing with abilities, natures and IVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

tyblazitar posted:

I'm currently breeding Drampas, so I can get you a 6IV one!

Wow, I thought that was just an estimate, but you weren't kidding. Thanks!