Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

The Siege of Murphytown

Warren leads an attack against Murphytown to extract it's smug leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Watch the road for zombie boulders

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Warren unchained is p. awesome. :black101:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Is Murphy intentionally trying to look like Donald Sutherland in the Hunger Games movies?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
/\ Maybe, there are worse precedents.

I was getting a Comstock/Bioshock vibe.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

Is Murphy intentionally trying to look like Donald Sutherland in the Hunger Games movies?

Erghh posted:

/\ Maybe, there are worse precedents.

I was getting a Comstock/Bioshock vibe.

Wardrobe had one design note for Murphy in season 3:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Ha! That's awesome. He did seem unusually stylish this time around.

A lot wound up happening in this episode. The last two are going to be moving pretty fast at this rate.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Erghh posted:

A lot wound up happening in this episode. The last two are going to be moving pretty fast at this rate.
So is Red and 5k are alive? I'm sure Sun Mei saw them both, but they weren't at the aircraft "landing" site...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Uh, is it just me, or did Warren act completely out of character early in this episode?

E: 10k was there when Citien Z landed, you probably just missed him.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Uh, is it just me, or did Warren act completely out of character early in this episode?

Yeah, a lot felt off about this episode. But she did just watch one of her friends die, and then killed her lover the episode prior, so I guess it makes sense. It still felt really weird.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Part of the problem with such a split up season so far, but they have been showing Warren getting more and more lost in her mission to capture Murphy. Hector specifically warned her that the path she was going down was going to be bad for her.

I like the show better when there's not as much interpersonal drama, so I hope that Murphy and Warren going to save Lucy helps patch that up a bit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I'm not even talking about her motivation and methods as much as about her purely technical acting. She used a bunch of weird new quirks that felt like they were using a new unit director for those scenes who wanted to spice things up. Still, I liked the episode, but I feel it increasingly hard to see the Murphy as the baddie. I mean, people ARE flocking to him voluntarily.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
And Murphy is taking advantage of them, which is perfectly a Murphy thing to do. But Im still in the Murphy Bad camp. But maybe now Warren is also going bad. :iiam:

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

They're coming to get you, Barbara.

spookygonk posted:

So is Red and 5k are alive? I'm sure Sun Mei saw them both, but they weren't at the aircraft "landing" site...

God I hope not. I find his attitude of "oh, yeah, I'm totally hallucinating, don't mind me" much funnier.

I only thought Warren was totally out of character when she was beating 10K up - the rest I could chalk up to her basically just snapping after killing Javier, but that did seem....off.

I wish I had gotten to tell my husband I was pregnant through a talking french fry box.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Error 404 posted:

And Murphy is taking advantage of them, which is perfectly a Murphy thing to do. But Im still in the Murphy Bad camp. But maybe now Warren is also going bad. :iiam:

Yeah, Murphy is still ultimately all about the power and control, right down to the throne room.

I took Warren going off as part of her obsession with Murphy. Maybe the Red Hand rubbed off on her since the wheels did kind of come off everything she's been living for (at least more than "normal").

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
They're coming to the "Puget Sound", so I'm hoping they did some filming in my area. Revolution was done in Spokane as I recall and filmed part of the finale in my town so here's to crossing fingers.

Warren slapping 10K around was the only bit that felt odd for me, and I thought it was an extension of her crusade to forcibly save mankind - she has no idea what 10K is and he's clearly been Murphy-ized so as she's losing her grip he's categorized as the enemy now. Warren is certainly pragmatic and intelligent and won't let emotions get in the way of the goal, but it still was an odd thing to watch.

Best part was Citizen Z actually meeting half the crew. Long time coming.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Error 404 posted:

That seemed to be what they were getting at, during the battle they made it just ugly and awful for everyone on both sides- instead of good guys vs bad the show took the totally unexpected route of humanizing both the hybrids and the red hand.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I thought they were going for a fake out type thing. The way they were showing 10k's vision I was expecting a feign that she was beating up on him because Murphy was able to see it and they were tricking him

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was nice that the lady told Warren that Murphy loves her because it's been like that for a long time and he won't say it himself. At this point I'm in camp Murphy because her mission is dumb and hasn't been relevant since the end of last season. Maybe it's time to give them a new mission.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I kinda thought she just meant it in a messianic Jesus loves you kind of way, but with Murphy. it seemed a bit odd otherwise to me because why would he talk to some random minion about that stuff, or even about Warren in general to her. But it works either way, I guess. we'll see!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

QwertySanchez posted:

I kinda thought she just meant it in a messianic Jesus loves you kind of way, but with Murphy. it seemed a bit odd otherwise to me because why would he talk to some random minion about that stuff, or even about Warren in general to her. But it works either way, I guess. we'll see!

I figure either brain connections work both ways, or Murphy has been talking a little too much about Warren lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave orders specifically to not kill her to his minions. Despite his order to 10K to kill her I guess?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Best part of the episode was the toy plane on a string.

rip discount Snake Plissken.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

Hahaha, poo poo that's funny. He totally was.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Best part of the episode was the toy plane on a string.

I don't get this reference, maybe I skipped over a part of it or something, who exactly was the discount Snake Plissken?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Duel

Addy is being pummeled with whatever The Man can throw at her, and Lucy does the same to The Man.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Pattycake with a zombie

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

This episode has been so drat badass, while not actually going overboard on fight scenes.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
i love addy and i'm not afraid to say it :3:

doc's not so bad either

did anyone catch the outro song? sounded really familiar but couldn't place it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JossiRossi posted:

This episode has been so drat badass, while not actually going overboard on fight scenes.

According to an interview with Anastasia Baranova she genuinely hurt herself filming this episode:

Anastasia Baranova posted:

The nickname for the episode was “Addy’s Revenant episode,” to shed some light on that. “…basically by the end I’ve got two black eyes, a broken nose, a busted collarbone—she’s just honestly on her last thread, so by the end of the season, I was covered in bruises, you know, really banged up, because that kind of action stuff—you can only fake so much. If you’re taking a hit, you’re taking a hit; if you’ve gotta fall, at some point you’ve gotta fall.”

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

How can you not love this show?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
They were up in my neck of Western Washington for this episode. Would really like to try and catch them filming some day.

That's how you do filler episodes. I wonder if they're going to do anything with the fact that zombies may still be aware and have people inside them or if it's just to highlight Lucy's uniqueness.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm all caught up. This is a good show, and the characterizations are pretty strong. There's a lot of filler with little to no payoff, but I feel like it tells way more fun and interesting stories with the setting than something like TWD. Also, is Z Weed literally weed grown in zombies? gently caress that.

Also it took some googling, but The Man was the albino prisoner dude who molested our favorite phony sheriff in Banshee, another goon favorite. The one who taught him to block a punch with your elbow and gently caress someone's hand up. Poor guy has been completely bald since age 14.

Akumos posted:

I don't get this reference, maybe I skipped over a part of it or something, who exactly was the discount Snake Plissken?

He looked like chubby Woody Harrelson to me.

Or, better yet, since his name was HOPPER...

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 12, 2016

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I love this show, I love Doc, I love the clever things they entertain us with, I even love The Man and his begrudged father/daughter thing with Lucy for Zonas. And I love whatever GRANDPA zombie is up to.

This is a good show to watch. See y'all for the finale!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So is The Man like an android or something? he got shot in the chest and pulled the bullet out right? Not just from his vest

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

So is The Man like an android or something? he got shot in the chest and pulled the bullet out right? Not just from his vest

The Terminator.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bring back old gbs posted:

His vest had a thin layer of Kevlar in it.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TMMadman posted:

His vest had a thin layer of Kevlar in it.

He actually said something like, "Thank god for kevlar," when he pulled the bullet out.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Evidently, the little girl in the car at the end is Cassandra's niece.

https://twitter.com/pisaypao/status/807683735990640641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

GreenNight posted:

The Terminator.

No that it clearly Addy.

Addy holy poo poo :stare:

• Locked thread