Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fyrbrand posted:

That says nothing about the bonus effects. Those come from the UA while the blurb mentions only the main unit. There is no way he has the SSE's bonus effects.

The extra strength for free plus the defensive buff would be loving STUPID in the best way

Unrelated I just put together the old Megalith kit for my girlfriend and I hate it like it stole my dog. Between the pegs for hip joints and the weird slotted shoulders and the hollow fuckin foot and his chest and torso being two separate pieces just gently caress this thing

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

S.J. posted:

uh, yeah, the point scale doubled, so :v:

The amount of points I have to use is only increased x1.5 :v:

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Your warbeast points more than doubled tho. It's very close to MK2 50pts, though ever so slightly less.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is that just a hordes thing? Nearly every beast in circle doubled in price.

For their actual value I mean

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If I didn't want to not buy a second Megalith I would shot put this thing into the loving sun gently caress you PP for ever thinking this was good

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

75 + 28 = 103 though

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
For what it's worth, my friend takes an impaler, bomber, and mauler as his battlegroup with Grim2. Maybe two impalers? I forget. But his feat gives snipe, which mitigates the impaler losing snipe if it's got rage on it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Oh I guess you are right. My stupid brain was reading that as Stone Scribe Elder. I guess he won't then, which kind of sucks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

chutche2 posted:

For what it's worth, my friend takes an impaler, bomber, and mauler as his battlegroup with Grim2. Maybe two impalers? I forget. But his feat gives snipe, which mitigates the impaler losing snipe if it's got rage on it.

Yeah impaler getting rage plus snipe is decent but as is it's kinda butts

The Wrack is worse to assemble than the megalith holy poo poo

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Don't even bother trying to assemble it, walk into your local bead shop and buy a meter of jewellery chain, it costs about $1, attach with a blob of green stuff at each end and you're good.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

S.J. posted:

75 + 28 = 103 though

You're right I didn't really think about that. I don't know how it works out but I swear if I tried to run my mark 2 armies they would be over points.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

xiw posted:

Don't even bother trying to assemble it, walk into your local bead shop and buy a meter of jewellery chain, it costs about $1, attach with a blob of green stuff at each end and you're good.

Putting the main dude on each is already miserable enough gently caress the hangy bits

The birds are dope

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

You're right I didn't really think about that. I don't know how it works out but I swear if I tried to run my mark 2 armies they would be over points.

They might be by a solo or two yeah.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Average WJ points in mk2 was 6, so a MK2 list is 56 points. Double it and that gives you 112 mk3 points, when currently we have 103.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

So these Command books are going to have 2 models, 2 theme forces and...what else exactly for $30?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Well, the pleasure that comes from continuing to pay into the kitty that pays the salaries of Jason Soles and Will Hungerford, of course!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

head58 posted:

So these Command books are going to have 2 models, 2 theme forces and...what else exactly for $30?

You don't have to buy them. All the theme lists get spoiled so you can run them anyway and the new models will still come with cards with all the rules on them.

Or, you know, War Room.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Friendly Fire posted:

You don't have to buy them. All the theme lists get spoiled so you can run them anyway and the new models will still come with cards with all the rules on them.

Or, you know, War Room.

No, I get that, I'm legitimately asking what other content is in these books aside from what that small number of items which will eventually be in war room/on cards anyway. This just seems like a terrible business model.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The same thing you got from the mk2 books after war room was released. You're paying for art and fluff, plus probably painting guides if they're still including those. Lots of people like that, and that's what I'm going to buy the menoth book for.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

head58 posted:

No, I get that, I'm legitimately asking what other content is in these books aside from what that small number of items which will eventually be in war room/on cards anyway. This just seems like a terrible business model.

Oh, fair enough. From what I gathered the command books will mainly be set out like the old faction books with a showcase of certain casters, solos and units.

Nothing you really need but fun to collect if you like that sort of thing.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I assume there will be fiction, plus an entry for each model, plus full-art pages. Really, that's been the status quo for their books for a long time, stat cards have been a thing since Mk1, War Room has been a thing for a while since Mk2, the books have always been for the collector who earnestly wants to read gaming fiction and look at artwork. I assume they don't deal in high volume relative to their actual models.

Edit: beaten. I even forgot the painting guides!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

chutche2 posted:

Average WJ points in mk2 was 6, so a MK2 list is 56 points. Double it and that gives you 112 mk3 points, when currently we have 103.

Those two blackclads I could have feel like so many more points I'm missing than it is.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

man I just can't loving get enough different kings

come on guys what kings are we still missing

forest king swinging a giant toadstool. he has a pointy gnome hat

cloud king has wings and flies around

tropical king has shades and a lei

city king has pieces of buildings on his back and a manhole cover shield

other types of king: bog, desert, magical, cool ranch

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

how about a storm king with two dozer guns, two blitzer guns, and he launches storm pods whelps???

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Storm King just straight-up swinging a Storm Strider by the legs as a weapon.

Sky King with an animus that makes warriors sacrifice move or action within CMD range, as they wonder how something that huge gets off the ground.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It actually owns that Trollbloods keep getting more gargantuans. Gonna paint the gently caress out of Sea King. :hellyeah:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I've now played both with and against Zaadesh2 and this guy is my favorite caster in the game right now. He's powerful in a pretty unique way. He's a blast to play, but what I really love about him is that he's a blast to play against. He turns your army into a puzzle for your opponent, a lockbox that he needs to pry open without getting hosed up in the process. He's almost a control caster, but in a very Skorn-ey way.

They've been struggling with Skorne's faction identity, if this guy is any indication of the direction they're taking Skorne in the errata, my Protectorate army is going to be gathering dust for a while. :hellyeah:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

man I just can't loving get enough different kings

come on guys what kings are we still missing

forest king swinging a giant toadstool. he has a pointy gnome hat

cloud king has wings and flies around

tropical king has shades and a lei

city king has pieces of buildings on his back and a manhole cover shield

other types of king: bog, desert, magical, cool ranch

I am hoping for Rasheth 2 riding a Sofa King

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Geisladisk posted:

I've now played both with and against Zaadesh2 and this guy is my favorite caster in the game right now. He's powerful in a pretty unique way. He's a blast to play, but what I really love about him is that he's a blast to play against. He turns your army into a puzzle for your opponent, a lockbox that he needs to pry open without getting hosed up in the process. He's almost a control caster, but in a very Skorn-ey way.

They've been struggling with Skorne's faction identity, if this guy is any indication of the direction they're taking Skorne in the errata, my Protectorate army is going to be gathering dust for a while. :hellyeah:

Yeah, Zaadesh2 is the real deal even pre-Skorne buffs. Holy christ is his feat turn a pain to try and play against.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The more I look at trolls the more I want to play them god DAMNIT

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

The more I look at trolls the more I want to play them god DAMNIT

:getin:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It doesn't help that a bunch of people in my meta all started buying into / switching over to Skorne once the rebalancing stuff got announced so I'm less motivated to play them now.

Plus Ragnor is loving fantastic and I've wanted to play Grissel 1 since forever

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If you want to buy a bunch of trolls, let me know. I have all of them and am moving soon. The thought of shipping these across the country terrifies me.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sky King was spoiled actually he has para-deploy where at the beginning of the game you place a marker within 6" of the center of the table and at the beginning of your second turn you can deviate from that and place the sky king down as if he were thrown to there, dealing collateral equal to his POW.

Sadly it also counts as him falling from 50" up so he takes a POW16 + 25D6

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sky King was spoiled actually he has para-deploy where at the beginning of the game you place a marker within 6" of the center of the table and at the beginning of your second turn you can deviate from that and place the sky king down as if he were thrown to there, dealing collateral equal to his POW.

Sadly it also counts as him falling from 50" up so he takes a POW16 + 25D6

100% worth it auto include

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just traded Circle for Trolls and am super pleased + happy. Trolls rule

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

I am hoping for Rasheth 2 riding a Sofa King

This needs more love a very good joke 100% troll approved

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

S.J. posted:

It doesn't help that a bunch of people in my meta all started buying into / switching over to Skorne once the rebalancing stuff got announced so I'm less motivated to play them now.
At least that means you'll have a lot of cheap Skorne coming your way since they'll all quit as soon as the faction gets so much as a single bad new model in the next book, as is the way of the Skorne.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

My only problem when building lists atm is that almost everything seems cool + good and that makes list building very hard

e: except some of the light beasts, RIP

Wizard Styles posted:

At least that means you'll have a lot of cheap Skorne coming your way since they'll all quit as soon as the faction gets so much as a single bad new model in the next book, as is the way of the Skorne.

the true Hoksune code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

Happy for your troll, sad for your "every month is Christmas" faction.