Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
i can finally lift after 2 weeks off due to surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

My bench dropped drastically 4 years ago because of shoulder or chest pain I don't remember exactly but it was the impetus for me starting juicing. By the time the steroids arrived I remember my bench was back to normal but I was like gently caress it and sat on a needle filled with mystery eastern euro hormones anyway.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

E_P posted:

My bench dropped drastically 4 years ago because of shoulder or chest pain I don't remember exactly but it was the impetus for me starting juicing. By the time the steroids arrived I remember my bench was back to normal but I was like gently caress it and sat on a needle filled with mystery eastern euro hormones anyway.

Share your ways

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Its probably easier to just not injure your self in the first place

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Share your ways
Find ur own plug nerd. Casually drop a blister pack of tylonel with STAIROIDS written in sharpie on it infront of the biggest guy in your gym and see what happens.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
guys i found tiny lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZelBJtWIWQ

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
like ive mentioned before in these threads, i do have a friend who is on steroids (test-e) and I've been observing how it goes for him. He hasn't hulked out or anything yet but he definitely looks a bit bigger. He hasn't mentioned any negative side effects yet apart from some acne on his back . Though I'm not sure he'd be willing to share any penis problems with me tbh

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

There arent any sides until you come off. Then its a lowered sex drive and increased acne for a month or 2. Idk why they were so vilified in the 90s.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Fallows posted:

Its probably easier to just not injure your self in the first place

well actually every passing moment is you getting that much closer to death, the ultimate injury

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
death is just a phase

what is swole may never die

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Serious post: my penis has been shrinking the last couple years. Will test help ?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

You're just getting fat

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You're just getting fat

So, yes, test will help

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

E_P posted:

There arent any sides until you come off. Then its a lowered sex drive and increased acne for a month or 2. Idk why they were so vilified in the 90s.

Because a couple high school kids murdered their gfs while on em if I remember right. Wasn't Ben Affleck in a movie about it

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just because I am curious, aren't steroids illegal?

Or is it just illegal in competition?

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
Where are you? Steroids are illegal in many many places, but not all.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

U.S. Barryl posted:

Where are you? Steroids are illegal in many many places, but not all.

I'm in the midwest, and I'm not making any judgements. I just know nothing about the legality of them, because I've never been exposed to the steroid culture. I always assumed they were illegal but peeps in here are all casual about them, so it got me to wondering.

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
They're illegal in the US. They're everywhere though. People are way more casual with weed in the US. Steroid users are way more secretive than weed users, I've found. Steroids have a stigma in the US that even law enforcement knows is bullshit.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Gotcha.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

A cop from a local police department was selling steroids. He was obviously roided up, dude was huge. He got arrested for it.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

jonathan posted:

Serious post: my penis has been shrinking the last couple years. Will test help ?

It could shrink your balls making your Penis at least look bigger

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I did a lift this week.

Deadlift: 445x1
Bench: 265x2
OHP: 190x1
Squat: 385x2

All PR's. Hoping to round out the year by adding another 5 pounds on top of all of those.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

bamhand posted:

I did a lift this week.

Deadlift: 445x1
Bench: 265x2
OHP: 190x1
Squat: 385x2

All PR's. Hoping to round out the year by adding another 5 pounds on top of all of those.

Why

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I accidentally squatted a personal best today because my math sucks and I put more plates on the bar than intended

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
yeah I hit 315 in deads this weekend as a pr and also as a lifetime goal. i'm going to get it up to 5x5 (actually not that far off) but why keep increasing weight if i'm always just going to be a fatstrong who would only end up killing himself with lovely injuries? I'm already badass enough by lifting up very heavy poo poo; I don't need to be so badass I gently caress up my back and become a cripple, which I would eventually do because lol form is hard.

also I saved a 135 bench beginner from certain barbell death today because i'm just a standup kind of guy, and i couldn't help but feel like my balls were all up in his face. obviously my solo gym tendancies are showing, but why would you ever work out with a gym buddy just to get his balls in your

oh. oh i get it now.

Green Crayons fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 4, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Word of warning, if you don't have straps or hooks, get some.

As soon as I got above 300, the limiting factor became grip strength.

... I still haven't bought straps so I haven't gone above 320 5x5 (345 1 rep max. All weights approximate because I can't remember exactly. +/- 5 lbs MOE.)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Word of warning, if you don't have straps or hooks, get some.

As soon as I got above 300, the limiting factor became grip strength.

... I still haven't bought straps so I haven't gone above 320 5x5 (345 1 rep max. All weights approximate because I can't remember exactly. +/- 5 lbs MOE.)

Why are you doing 5x5 deadlifts. How are you alive?

Also I got these straps recently and they're really good. Just need to chalk them up if your hands get sweaty.

https://www.amazon.com/Alternative-...ds=cobra+straps

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

bamhand posted:

Also I got these straps recently and they're really good. Just need to chalk them up if your hands get sweaty.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure how I even got above 300 lbs, that's over twice my weight. I am not a large man.

And my gym doesn't allow chalk because they're terrible people, I guess :/ But thanks, I've been meaning to look into straps.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Recovery week making me all antsy, want to get back to the gym. Still, think I needed it, been feeling lethargic for a few days, and then ended up sleeping 12 hours last night.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Why didn't you just spend a tenth of that getting normal straps that don't need chalk?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol @ $35 straps

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Bet they dont have a picture of a sweet rear end cobra on them tho

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Homestar Runner posted:

I accidentally squatted a personal best today because my math sucks and I put more plates on the bar than intended

That mental trickery is amazing. Sometimes you fail because you THINK you will fail. Then one day you accidentally put on too much weight, don't realize it, and lift it easily.

Being stupid is an advantage in the gym.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's snowing, I want to go to the gym and just marinate in the outdoor hot tub.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

It's like 85 outside right now here in FL :\

you marinate just going outside

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

sassassin posted:

Why didn't you just spend a tenth of that getting normal straps that don't need chalk?

Those are way more comfortable. I wear 2 layers of wrist bands and regular straps still hurt my wrists. Maybe I'm a huge wuss.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I finally reached 150kg deadlifts x3 and the crazy thing is they don't feel that hard suddenly. I can lift twice my weight three times and now my life is complete

My bulking is WORKING.

#fatstrength

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Those are way more comfortable. I wear 2 layers of wrist bands and regular straps still hurt my wrists. Maybe I'm a huge wuss.

You're definitely using them wrong.

Zzulu posted:

I finally reached 150kg deadlifts x3 and the crazy thing is they don't feel that hard suddenly. I can lift twice my weight three times and now my life is complete

My bulking is WORKING.

#fatstrength

I assumed you were bigger than that tbqh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I\ve never aimed for bigness, only aesthetics

but now that i am bulking i might as well shoot for a new highscore in the gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm bulking!

*weighs 160lbs*