Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They also teased Adam Rose as a Real American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sami and Neville had some good matches but I only got back into wrestling after Cesaro's "deadlift guy from cradle position into pop-up uppercut" botch recovery spot, that was something else

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bowens_official/status/804452042836242432

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Basic Chunnel posted:

You're not wrong but, you're also wrong. Having a defined, immediately recognizable character does you no favors in the transition from NXT to the main roster. Rusev is the exception that proves the rule
Seems to have worked okay for Kevin Owens, and to a lesser degree Enzo/Cass. I don't think it *hurt* Zayn or any of the women either, and honestly as badly as they've handled them is a lack of repackaging really the reason that [Breeze/Crews/Corbin/etc] floundering? The only real cases of this loving up a person I can remember are Bo Dallas, Emma, and I guess you could argue the Vaudvillains, since they all either had to revert or were just sort of tossed out there with the expectations people would understand the two-dimensional (as opposed to one-dimensional) aspects of their gimmick.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

At least the dude is alive. Christ that was ugly.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
nakamura won

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is it normal for odds to be ridiculous on a Saturday night

Styles -2750
Alexa -1200
Miz -1625
Nikki -1850
Corbin -2450
Wyatts -2075

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2750
Alexa -1200
Miz -1625
Nikki -1850
Corbin -2450
Wyatts -2075

Yeah, nobody who knows anything bets until very close to the start of the PPV

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2750
Alexa -1200
Miz -1625
Nikki -1850
Corbin -2450
Wyatts -2075

Not at all, but Styles/Corbin/Wyatts/maybe Nikki can be locks at that point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a shitload of heel wins, I wonder if one or two of them will flip before the show.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im happy with all those results except Carmella and the One Man beast should win IMO

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Becky's mystery surgery made her reign feel really short and thin

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Becky will win, actually. That's what all the booking has lead me to believe.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Becky will win, actually. That's what all the booking has lead me to believe.

That'll take Alexa going through a table. It just doesn't make any sense, like when Kane won that first blood match to win the title

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sounds silly and it is. But people in WWE think Alexa is too small to be Champion.

I would prefer Alexa to win. Then feud with Nikki. Have Nikki win at the Rumble. Then Becky vs Nikki at Wrestlemania. As Becky is better chasing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Alexa is too small to be champion in the same way as Sasha, i.e. they can't be put through a table because the goddamn thing won't break.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

other than that, Alexa 4-champ 4-evah

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i like becky a lot and would prefer her to retain, but if their match has a false finish where alexa won't go through the table due to being tiny i'll be alright.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rovert posted:

Sounds silly and it is. But people in WWE think Alexa is too small to be Champion.

I would prefer Alexa to win. Then feud with Nikki. Have Nikki win at the Rumble. Then Becky vs Nikki at Wrestlemania. As Becky is better chasing.

Yeah this is what I'm hoping to see. Beat for beat it'd be a good and easy to book few months.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
if i'm gonna be real honest, i'm guessing alexa wins because I can't believe that she'd break a table and they don't want to risk another Hell in the Cell finish.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sawyer Fulton is injured not fired.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2750
Alexa -1200
Miz -1625
Nikki -1850
Corbin -2450
Wyatts -2075

Styles -2450
Alexa -1350
Miz -1425
Nikki -1500
Corbin -2450
Wyatts -2150

So yeah they were ridiculous and basically didn't change. Weird, first time I've seen something called on a Saturday

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm so ready for Big Banter to squash the lovely vanilla midgets

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Sawyer Fulton is injured not fired.

Kind of blowing his big chance then unless it's not too serious.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/12/5/13833980/rumor-roundup-dec-5-2016-wyatts-title-run-wwe-celebrity-guests-network-cancellations-tajiri

Rumors have it the Wyatts will indeed Freebird the belt, RAW and SD pre-shows are on the chopping block and Tajiri is probably returning to the Cruiserweight division and might be working as a coach. All good rumors that I hope are true

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is an entrance spoiler

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNpEppYj-ok/

Becky is going to have rad wings, probably at Mania

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Wonder what the other participants of the 6 woman tag will have

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says the new Bullet Club member being revealed this week is Cody Rhodes

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cool, I guess? He hasn't really blown me away with his RoH or TNA stuff so far.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says the new Bullet Club member being revealed this week is Cody Rhodes

I can't believe Cody Rhodes is going to finally kill anyones interest in the Bullet Club.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that boy is truly committed to the lamest post-wwe dream run ever

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Good to see Cody finally settling in with workers on his level

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Good to see Cody finally settling in with workers on his level

How dare you say that about the Tokyo Pimp

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Honestly think Cody would be doing us all a favor if it kills Bullet Club at this point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder how much Cody's tepid indie run can be attributed to him coming up in the WWE system, where he was never trained to do more than the milquetoast, cookie-cutter style they push on everybody. I'm not surprised he's floundering in environments that demand a more dynamic, energetic type of wrestling.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

KungFu Grip posted:

Honestly think Cody would be doing us all a favor if it kills Bullet Club at this point

I'd be pretty happy with Bullet Club winding down and splitting off into a few of its own factions. But I think its still spinning too much cash

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well I think you can attribute the lackluster Cody stuff due to him not really spending any time anywhere. He is having one or two off matches everywhere. No booker in their right mind is going to throw a guy that might only do 2 or 3 matches for you into a real storyline. When/if he sticks around somewhere longer term then we will likely see some good stuff, although it is looking like he might be going to act full time in the near future.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Djarum posted:

Well I think you can attribute the lackluster Cody stuff due to him not really spending any time anywhere. He is having one or two off matches everywhere. No booker in their right mind is going to throw a guy that might only do 2 or 3 matches for you into a real storyline. When/if he sticks around somewhere longer term then we will likely see some good stuff, although it is looking like he might be going to act full time in the near future.

Yeah, this is also true. He's got a bucket list of guys he wants to wrestle, and he's dead-set on completing that list, so he keeps hopping from promotion to promotion with no obvious kayfabe reason for why he's fighting these guys. Add on top my previous concerns about his vanilla style, and ... yeah, a lot of not-good matches stacked in a row.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

extradite THIS! posted:

RAW and SD pre-shows are on the chopping block

I'm fine with PPV kickoff shows, but I don't know a single person who watches these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cody Rhodes Was Always Bad