Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lol at this dog whistle racism.

Lol gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Basticle posted:

Big John and Perez.

Those two unironically would be great replacements for Nico and would probably give Lewis a bit of trouble.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 4, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

wicka posted:

What the heck is Toto getting at here? http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127386/mercedes-reluctant-to-chase-vettel-or-alonso

It really seems like he's saying "I don't want to gently caress them over this late in the year," which is just bizarre.

It's "didn't want" before the inevitable round of "can't get" or "can't reasonably afford"

I mean even if they did have pick and choice they're going to have to turn down all but one

The not pissing of customer angle is possible but I'm not convinced that's it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Our Nando wears an Arai just like me. We're pretty much the same guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I set up a cytu.be channel with a bunch of old races, season reviews and other f1 videos in a random order. I currently have 110+ hours queued up and will keep adding as I find more. I just watched Frog Dad have a pretty decent wreck at Interlagos 94. Come hang out and watch some racing. 99 Italian GP is next, followed by the 1990 Season Review.

https://cytu.be/r/formula1

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 4, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/804721095114952704

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mercedes acting all jokey, they don't understand jos actually wants to kick and punch Max.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Khablam posted:

Can you like, point to one example or just completely shutup?
No, simply not liking Lewis isn't "dog whistle racism" jfc

I quoted one.

Norns posted:

Lol gently caress you

:qq:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis is bad

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We hate Lewis because he's a man child who comes across as a complete tit on instagram (I blame Ron Dennis), not because of the colour of his skin. He's not even the only mixed race driver on the grid, this year there were three and we couldn't have given less of a poo poo about the other two unless they were annoying Seb by refusing to get out of the way of blue flags.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

So we all agree then, Lewis is poo poo regardless of what he looks like or where he is from. Glad we cleared that up.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think Hamilton is a dickhead (though a very good driver who lost the wdc due to suspiciously high number of failures) but this thread is racist af and I'm just pointing that out.
I'm a die hard Lewis fan and even I'll ask for examples of this racism. Alot of people in this thread don't like Lewis because they don't like him as a person. Can we stop this poo poo of "I don't like this person" "OH BECAUSE HE'S NOT WHITE???"

Currently I'm in a scenario where I don't actually hate any driver. Even Vettel who I used to froth at the mouth with hatred towards I've warmed to. I couldn't hate Rosberg because he was just plain. There was nothing to hate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He lost a championship to Nico Rosberg, who is bad. Embarassing imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

El Hefe posted:

Nando had a fun day

:stwoon:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Rosberg also beat Michael Schumacher 3 years running though, so does that mean that Scumacher is also a Fraud?

Nando gets all the cool toys.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Falken posted:

Rosberg also beat Michael Schumacher 3 years running though, so does that mean that Scumacher is also a Fraud?

Yes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Falken posted:

Old rear end retired Schumacher who later ran into a tree.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, say what you will but I am not ready to accept that Alexander Wurz is a fraud.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Falken posted:

Well, say what you will but I am not ready to accept that Alexander Wurz is a fraud.

He is such a fraud he never won an F1 race.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Falken posted:

Well he was about 60

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Alain Post posted:

It's like if Alonso had lost a WDC to Massa lol.

Lewis should be ashamed of himself.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Falken posted:

Currently I'm in a scenario where I don't actually hate any driver.
What's wrong with you?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Let's let this one go, and get back to talking about fast cars and their drivers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

F1 Offseason:

Hand Knit posted:

Let's let this one go, and get back to talking about fast cars and their drivers.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hand Knit posted:

But I thought this was the F1 thread? :confused:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Hand Knit posted:

That's not fair, we should be able to talk about McLaren too.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Riso posted:

Toto said he doesn't want to hire one of the big boys because of contract issues. At the same time you have Niki on record as saying it's their job to find loopholes in all the contracts.

Also Toto doesn't want Wehrlein because it would create a situation like 2007 with Alonso when the upstart Lewis didn't respect Alonsos achievements and bla bla.

Basically Pascal sucks.

He's clearly going for an experienced race-winner that is out of contract.

Pastor

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

poty posted:

He's clearly going for an experienced race-winner that is out of contract.

Pastor

Toto already said that he's "not keen on replacing Rosberg with big-name driver" so Pastor is sadly out of the question

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-not-keen-on-replacing-rosberg-with-big-name-driver-856691/

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Nico rosberg has really set a new bar for fraud WDC drivers.

Sports Argument Stadium > F1 Offseason 16/17 Thread: It was worth it for Nico******

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

All Mercedes need is another Barrichello; i.e. someone who's....

a) cheap

b) unable to challenge Lewis for the win

c) quick enough to average more podia* than the next best team

* :smug:

Kilmers Elbow fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 4, 2016

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I would love to see Vettel go though. However that doesn't meet your a) requirement :(

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Nico rosberg has really set a new bar for fraud WDC drivers.

Sports Argument Stadium > F1 Offseason 16/17 Thread: It was worth it for Nico******

Still third behind Hill and Villeneuve.

Also I think Mercedes' dilemma is they don't know how their 2017 car will stack up yet. If it's supremely dominant again they can hire anyone [i.e. new kids] and seal the constructors easily. If they've got competition they need someone competent enough, and there's very few people who do this on paper and will meet Toto's criteria.

Both Red Bull and Ferrari have drivers who will be consistent enough to go row-by-row and score points.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 4, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Correct, he is the third shittiest son of a driver to win the WDC.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

Correct, he is the third shittiest son of a driver to win the WDC.

Holy poo poo all the frauds are Sons.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Hill wasn't even that bad when you look at how he drove in 97 and 98 with poo poo cars. Nobody will be able to match Are Jacques in awfulness tbh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Remember how awful Villeneuve was at Sauber? lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Also I think Mercedes' dilemma is they don't know how their 2017 car will stack up yet. If it's supremely dominant again they can hire anyone [i.e. new kids] and seal the constructors easily. If they've got competition they need someone competent enough, and there's very few people who do this on paper and will meet Toto's criteria.

Both Red Bull and Ferrari have drivers who will be consistent enough to go row-by-row and score points.

I think Merc know they have another dominant car and are playing it off as though that's not the case, verbal sandbagging.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I was moderately positive about him until Canada '98, he could've won that and it would've gone down as a career defining race. Instead he was complete garbage and I spit my beer out in laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's going to be Wehrlein.... unless they can get Hulkenberg out of Renault. And give Renault Wehrlein instead.... while somehow compensating Manor with a huge cash injection to keep them going.

• Locked thread