Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Somfin posted:

The one issue I've got with them is how the spawns occasionally are like on the far side of a wall that's only passable via a fairly distant door because of where the bubble starts from.

On the other hand the sheer clusterfuckery is really nice to see. The first few I got in Normal were really sparse and I almost had to go hunting in order to keep the bubble going, but now that I'm in Cruel it's like, okay, tap the breach WOAH gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Cruel is nothing, the breaches in merciless are murder :stare:. I think I'm gonna avoid opening them until I cap my resistances. The rares feel tankier than they need to be, I murder anything around my level without much of a problem, but the rares in breaches seem to have almost as much health as some bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
This league I'm doing a life-based, max block phys cyclone Gladiator mostly to make use of the new shield that gives life on a block. What are the pros/cons of facebreakers vs rare weapons? I plan on using Bringer of Rain probably.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gonadic io posted:

This league I'm doing a life-based, max block phys cyclone Gladiator mostly to make use of the new shield that gives life on a block. What are the pros/cons of facebreakers vs rare weapons? I plan on using Bringer of Rain probably.

Just use Varunastra.

FB doesn't let you use any worthwhile skill and eats up a glove slot in a build that has no chest and a unique helmet and shield.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I got a cast on channeling gem, what spell should I be using with blade flurry? I've been trying stuff like fireballs and arctic breaths with multi-projectile gems, but I dunno. It does do a lot of damage, but it feels like I'm on the verge of missing something big, or not taking full advantage of how powerful cast-while-channel can be. I'm a dual-wielding shadow that's mostly been taking +damage, dexterity and life nodes.

It's my first character and I don't really have any builds going on, just simply discovering everything along the way. Just started on cruel.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
cast while channel isn't powerful at all, don't diminish your weapoon dps by using it

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I put enfeeble on it instead, and it's helped my survivability loads

My output was alright but I was dying a bit too quickly sometimes, this has helped a bit. I've been trying to get more damage output but I seem to have hit a deadend for now, hence putting enfeeble on it. I'm already using blasphemy+poachers mark as well. I'm only at the start of cruel anyway I'm sure when I hit merciless I'll have a lot more options available to me

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Following my usual "play a league, skip a league", any chance I can get invited to the guild? Character name is Vru.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm really having fun with 3x golem + SRS, just waiting to get a primordial might to get agressive AI for the golems. So much damage.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I just noticed that demon king portal effect exists and I want it. Seems like a waste of money but drat. In a similar vein, is it likely scorching ray is going to get an mtx to mimic the shaper's laser? We seem to have gotten his other block hole effect stuff.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Some of the size scaling on new 3d art is uhh... interesting.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I havent even launched the game yet, but if I want to eventually end up with a super lazy dont have to push many buttons build, what should I start working towards?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

The Pell posted:

I havent even launched the game yet, but if I want to eventually end up with a super lazy dont have to push many buttons build, what should I start working towards?

Totems, either Flameblast or Ancestral Warchief.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The Pell posted:

Aurabot, though you'll need to party up

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Anyone else getting a ton of weird lag spikes/ disconnects this league? The last 3 times I've tried to run Lab the game disconnected after freezing my character for a few seconds while enemies kept moving.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mince Pieface posted:

Anyone else getting a ton of weird lag spikes/ disconnects this league? The last 3 times I've tried to run Lab the game disconnected after freezing my character for a few seconds while enemies kept moving.

Are you playing blade flurry?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Yeah, is this a Thing with blade flurry? I messed around with it before the new patch and it seemed fine.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

It's the balancing mechanism

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I honestly don't understand how anyone is supposed to survive Merciless Breaches without Vaal Summon Skeletons. That gem is so, so useful at just putting meat in between you and them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fennesz posted:

I honestly don't understand how anyone is supposed to survive Merciless Breaches without Vaal Summon Skeletons. That gem is so, so useful at just putting meat in between you and them.

Zerker leech and Vaal pact for me. Only problem is getting actually to the goodies and temp bosses

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Zerker leech and Vaal pact for me. Only problem is getting actually to the goodies and temp bosses

I'm level 75 and haven't done a single ascension yet. loving :effort:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I've decided to abandon my idea of a full lightning raider, and instead do a full phys-fire raider. I'll be using Xoph's Nurture (~30c and dropping) and The Signal Fire for 100% fire conversion. Xoph's is a 325ish pdps bow with 1.25 aps, so it hits like a loving truck. I'll be getting some crit from the usual suspects, but this won't be a crit bow build.

I'm thinking of using: Tornado Shot / Pierce / Weapon Elemental Damage / Added Fire Damage / Physical Projectile Attack Damage / Fire Penetration for my universal 6L, probably in a tabula until I can get real gear later in the league. Eventually I'll use Split Arrow (or just keep Tshot) and probably Barrage.

Since I get 35% of phys as extra fire from The Signal Fire, 15% from Herald of Ash, and 44% from Added Fire Damage, any flat phys + WED items are going to be nutso.

Can't wait.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Vasudus posted:

So I've decided to abandon my idea of a full lightning raider, and instead do a full phys-fire raider. I'll be using Xoph's Nurture (~30c and dropping) and The Signal Fire for 100% fire conversion. Xoph's is a 325ish pdps bow with 1.25 aps, so it hits like a loving truck. I'll be getting some crit from the usual suspects, but this won't be a crit bow build.

I'm thinking of using: Tornado Shot / Pierce / Weapon Elemental Damage / Added Fire Damage / Physical Projectile Attack Damage / Fire Penetration for my universal 6L, probably in a tabula until I can get real gear later in the league. Eventually I'll use Split Arrow (or just keep Tshot) and probably Barrage.

Since I get 35% of phys as extra fire from The Signal Fire, 15% from Herald of Ash, and 44% from Added Fire Damage, any flat phys + WED items are going to be nutso.

Can't wait.

Can you stack proliferating ignites with Emberwake?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I suppose you could, but that would have to be A LOT of ignites to be worth it. I just don't see it happening. I'm planning on using two steel rings with WED eventually, along with Xoph's Blood (10% fire pen / life).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey when I start buying gear in Merciless for a WI character, what is the minimum acceptable ES on gear to start mapping?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

4-5k ES is a good mark to shoot for. That should protect you from most early one-shots, which is all you have to really worry about when you leech as much life as WI builds do.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Does all that leech come from Warlord's Mark or am I missing something? Additionally how should you deal with stun- the build I was looking at just stacked up a shitload of stun recovery.

(Also are the servers down for everyone?)

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ya servers died i was doing cruel lab with 1.3k life and had just killed izaro second form

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
glad I waited to try uber!

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Does all that leech come from Warlord's Mark or am I missing something? Additionally how should you deal with stun- the build I was looking at just stacked up a shitload of stun recovery.

(Also are the servers down for everyone?)

You won't want to give up Astramentis for Eye of Chayula, but Valyrium will work.

As far as leech, you can also get a boot enchantment that leeches up to 0.6% of damage as mana and life if you've killed recently.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Servers died a couple seconds after clicking the ascension device in merc lab.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Servers died a couple seconds after clicking the ascension device in merc lab.

This kids is why you always make a bee-line for that altar immediately after killing Izaro.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
While we're waiting for the servers to come back up, a question about the story (I know, I know - I just like to have some context to my zombie-smashing)...

The whole thing with the Vaal Oversoul in Act 2 - is that literally just "the Exile was in such a race to beat Piety to her next act of super-dickery that they accidentally unleashed an ancient evil"? I mean, it's kind of funny, but it's always struck me as a little odd, and vaguely comedic how quickly we stuff not-Gozer back in its hole after letting it out in the first place.

Edit: ...and the only reason that happened at all was because "lol no way around better push this conspicuous ancient orb out of the way"?

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 5, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Ok so I'm playing Blade Flurry rear end-sassin and I've been using LiftingNerd's build and I don't know if I'm just not skilling this in a proper order or what but it's starting to feel like poo poo mid-Cruel. Is there a better build I should try restarting on/trying to transition to? People in guild chat were recommending Mathil's guide but I couldn't find a writeup for it anywhere and video guides that just give general overviews of everything without at the very least a cliffnotes of them with the skill tree and gear or whatever give me sadbrains a bad case of brain aids

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Ok so I'm playing Blade Flurry rear end-sassin and I've been using LiftingNerd's build and I don't know if I'm just not skilling this in a proper order or what but it's starting to feel like poo poo mid-Cruel. Is there a better build I should try restarting on/trying to transition to? People in guild chat were recommending Mathil's guide but I couldn't find a writeup for it anywhere and video guides that just give general overviews of everything without at the very least a cliffnotes of them with the skill tree and gear or whatever give me sadbrains a bad case of brain aids

I'm following mathil's beginner BF based off just the passive tree and video and it's pretty decent in a2c thus far. I am falling behind a bit and struggling with breaches due to low damage against breach rares, though and my fire res isn't capped which is a pain in the rear end due to the red poo poo everywhere "hiding" flame effects.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone else feel like the performance of this league has been worse then before? When I open breaches the game starts to get choppy as hell and my latency bar turns into a 4.0 earth quake seismograph. I am using dx11 on a 1070 gtx. I7 sandy bridge.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone else feel like the performance of this league has been worse then before? When I open breaches the game starts to get choppy as hell and my latency bar turns into a 4.0 earth quake seismograph. I am using dx11 on a 1070 gtx. I7 sandy bridge.

Same for me with same gpu.

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
I have a question on the max block duelist build. the build on the PoE forums has the following level 91 skill tree: http://tinyurl.com/jkkbatq.

I was considering this route to RT: http://tinyurl.com/gpxv2r2 over the route shown in the thread: http://tinyurl.com/h5t26ko

the path I'm considering looks a little bit shorter and to my untrained eye also looks to go by nicer nodes. Is there a strong reason I'm missing for going up by scion to get to RT instead of down through the marauder section?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Shamshel posted:

I have a question on the max block duelist build. the build on the PoE forums has the following level 91 skill tree: http://tinyurl.com/jkkbatq.

I was considering this route to RT: http://tinyurl.com/gpxv2r2 over the route shown in the thread: http://tinyurl.com/h5t26ko

the path I'm considering looks a little bit shorter and to my untrained eye also looks to go by nicer nodes. Is there a strong reason I'm missing for going up by scion to get to RT instead of down through the marauder section?

You're not going to the giant Scion life section that way, that's a pretty big thing to skip.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Holyshoot posted:

Do you have updated drivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Nothing quite like doing a breach and having Bameth spawn in the middle of it. Never seen such a display of detonate dead

• Locked thread