Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Ion fans: Do you think there is a significant damage increase from the new refractor kit? I wasn't feeling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I've gotten rolled every time I play coliseum.

I won one ticket, and spent ten minutes circle strafing someone with the energy ball gun, it was boring as poo poo

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Nailing people with satchel charges after ejecting is my new favorite thing. I don't think I'll ever not use then now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Antoine Silvere posted:

:eyepop: look at these bad opinions

What's the key to having the wingman not be garbo? If it involves having really good aim I'm not interested.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I posted my details to the Google Doc. When can I expect to shoot mans with goons, on PC?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Senethro posted:

Ion fans: Do you think there is a significant damage increase from the new refractor kit? I wasn't feeling it.

Someone was saying that frothy omen is claiming it owns.

Bear in mind that it doesn't really do much extra damage if you run out of energy but unlike other abilities it won't stop you from shooting either, so it can feel wimpy if you are running empty. However a full energies ion with splitter can take about 2/3's health off any atlas class titan (tone, ion).

Vlex posted:

I posted my details to the Google Doc. When can I expect to shoot mans with goons, on PC?

Add both discords to your discord, and look between the two, I swear to god there is almost always at least one group playing on one of them.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vlex posted:

Just get in the Discord instead.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

What's the key to having the wingman not be garbo? If it involves having really good aim I'm not interested.

Ya gotta aim at where they are gonna be, it's pretty good if the dude your shooting at is standing still and it's good for picking off campers or peeps unloading a MGL at titans.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
78/159 games in the top 3, 78/159 games won.

I either carry my team or lose, apparently. :negative:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Help? The Mastiff is unreliable, gimmicky, has a slow ROF and slow projectiles and by all accounts is a bad gun, but I kind of love it? It's so stupid, but I am having so much fun!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Knifegrab posted:

Someone was saying that frothy omen is claiming it owns.

Bear in mind that it doesn't really do much extra damage if you run out of energy but unlike other abilities it won't stop you from shooting either, so it can feel wimpy if you are running empty. However a full energies ion with splitter can take about 2/3's health off any atlas class titan (tone, ion).

Yep, that's exactly what Frothy said. I like the idea but I don't like to get stuck in drawn out engagements dumping all my energy into splitter shots, so I don't really use it. I'd rather pick shots around corners with the laser and be tricksy about it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Help? The Mastiff is unreliable, gimmicky, has a slow ROF and slow projectiles and by all accounts is a bad gun, but I kind of love it? It's so stupid, but I am having so much fun!

Its really satisfying to use and hit people with. I regenned this gun and did well for awhile; but in open spaces where you're trying to duel someone its nearly impossible to hit a guy.Your best bet is to sneak up on people and to fight in closed spaces.

quote:

Assuming they stand there and take it, maybe; but it takes way too long for the damage to ramp up to be worth it. If the guy is brain dead enough for this to work; you could have killed him easily in some other way.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 4, 2016

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just get in the Discord instead.

It's quiet. In as theworstunicorn.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Vlex posted:

It's quiet. In as theworstunicorn.

We're there right now! In reticulated splines!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It feels like the Cold War does more splash damage since I'm getting a lot more kills, I don't remember seeing it in the patch notes though.

Or maybe it's just all free trial newbies I'm annihilating :iiam:

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

ShadowMar posted:

are there any good videos or guides (or just overall tips) for playing ronin? it's my favorite so far and im fairly good at getting kills with it but also it feels like im not doing as much damage as i should be?

Use your speed and dashes to flank people instead of engaging head on if you can, you'll do way more damage if you can blind side somebody and dump your shotgun into them before they can respond.

Don't be afraid to run off and reengage somebody when it's more favourable for you.

Melee bash other titans into walls and corners if you can, they won't be able to move and you'll be able to hit their crit spots much easier, and if you've got a nuke then they won't be able to escape.

Use your phase dash to reload since you'll come out of it nearly fully reloaded and ready to go again.

If you're farming AI, then use the sword since you'll kill most of them at once with the larger strike and you'll be able to respond quicker to somebody if you've got your shotgun ready.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I mean it's a pistol so it'll almost always be worse than just using an anti Titan weapon unless you're playing pilot vs pilot but as far as pistols go it's the best one. Two body shots or one headshot will kill a guy

zolthorg posted:

:eyepop: look at these bad opinions

Lol, just lol, if you are trying to imply the spitfire is anything but hot garbage

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

They need to remove 90% of the titan build time generated by a nuke eject. All it takes is a single terrible player or two on your team to completely negate the 60-120 seconds you wasted safely poking down an enemy titan while preserving your own health for them to instantly build another titan

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I finally regenerated today. This is a good game. Ya'll should play it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Antoine Silvere posted:

Lol, just lol, if you are trying to imply the spitfire is anything but hot garbage

It's so disappointing in this game. In Titanfall 1 I used to run Spitfire a lot thanks to its Titan-destroying ability when rodeoing, as well as its deceptive DPS at a distance (I "sniped" many an unsuspecting pilot from a long way away).

In Titanfall 2 though, it's just a bad gun.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

keyframe posted:

Is there a worse weapon than Sidewinder in this game?

Actually, Sidewinder Is Good. You use it in close quarters and for excellent Titan harass, paired with Wingman for bread and butter murder.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Actually, Sidewinder Is Good. You use it in close quarters and for excellent Titan harass, paired with Wingman for bread and butter murder.

Yeah, I've been using almost nothing else for the trial. Admittedly I hadn't unlocked that many other guns to compare it with, but it served me really well for the time. It seems like just two direct hits kill a player, and you poo poo out so many rockets so quickly that you can kill people in a blink once you get down how much you need to lead. Most of the time I just used it from the hip while sprinting around, but when you do zoom in it's accurate enough to snipe the occasional grunt or titan from a distance. Being able to damage titans and quickly kill Stalkers/Reapers on top of that is just gravy.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

i've noticed you take a huge chunk of damage if someone pulls out your battery but dunno what the benefit of getting it back is

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

i've noticed you take a huge chunk of damage if someone pulls out your battery but dunno what the benefit of getting it back is

It gives you a shield, which is represented by a thinner health bar on top of the regular health bar.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
In LTS just now I bumrushed some lone rear end in a top hat with the rest of the team and he nuked every single one of us at once when he died. gently caress.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

il serpente cosmico posted:

It gives you a shield, which is represented by a thinner health bar on top of the regular health bar.

It also gives you a bit of standard health. If you already have a shield it gives a lot of standard health

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Also, both stealing batteries and installing them in teammates titans builds quite a bit of meter.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

i see, thanks! this game is pretty fun, cant stop playing scorch, there's nothing better than roasting some overconfident dudes alive and nailing ejecting pilots with a thermite nade

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Thanks wazzit for helping me put together this video about the wonders of phase shift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYww2yca2ag

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 5, 2016

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Is there another Xbone network for this? The BOYS network seems super dead most of the time.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hackan Slash posted:

Thanks wazzit for helping me put together this video about the wonders of phase shift

https://youtu.be/eYww2yca2ag

Jesus I would kill these for opponents...

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

squidgee posted:

Is there another Xbone network for this? The BOYS network seems super dead most of the time.

One issue is that it doesn't show currently partied up people as in the network. Try friending some people in the network, we usually have people on every night.

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 5, 2016

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Knifegrab posted:

Jesus I would kill these for opponents...

I know, they're just standing there! :sludgepal:

Watching clips recorded on console always look weird to me, the movement seems off somehow, and the gameplay is always so much slower. Still, really cool video!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I hate playing against people with phase shift. You get the drop on someone, take them down to half health, and then they just disappear :(

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYww2yca2ag

lol console is terrible.

Not to bag on you, as you're clearly doing way better than your opponents here, but that's pretty much a different game that just looks like Titanfall 2 PC. Being able to turn is a really big part of the game, and between the aim assist and people's inability to turn or move at all it looks like a radically different experience.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

il serpente cosmico posted:

I hate playing against people with phase shift. You get the drop on someone, take them down to half health, and then they just disappear :(

Also if you Gravity Nade them? Phase Shift out. EMP nade? Phase Shift out.

I use it exclusively and it's really, really drat good for all situations. If two players Phase at the same time can they see each other in the alternate dimension? What about when Ronin Phases?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate complex more than any multiplayer map in any game I have ever played.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

s.i.r.e. posted:

I use it exclusively and it's really, really drat good for all situations. If two players Phase at the same time can they see each other in the alternate dimension? What about when Ronin Phases?

According to the loading screen tips people can see each other in phase shift, but I've never actually had the situation come up yet.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I've only seen it in Colosseum but yeah you can see each other when you're both phase shifted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I hate complex more than any multiplayer map in any game I have ever played.

Why do you hate it more than crash? I much prefer complex to crash. They're basically the same style map but at least complex is easier to wall run.