Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Your horse is actually the Dragonborn. Sorry.

I mean yeah it is immortal and takes a warband like a champ, definitely a better dragonborn than me so far :( lol

Rinkles posted:

This worked for me. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30913/

You're not using a DS4 are you? In combination with its touchpad, this allows me to have like 7 additional hotkeys on the controller. Note: I had to use "Scan Mode" when binding keys to DS4 shortcuts for skyrim to recognize it (took me forever to find the fix).

Many thanks! My gamepad is the microsoft 360 one, guess it will work just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Being a Vampire lord is a such a disappointment. Awkward to use, takes up the shout key, screwy camera and comes with downsides.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Aw, gently caress it. I messed so much around putting some additional mods that might as well download SPERG given how much praise it has.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Has the user interface issue been solved in the Special Edition already? Kinda stopping me from bothering with it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rinkles posted:

Being a Vampire lord is a such a disappointment. Awkward to use, takes up the shout key, screwy camera and comes with downsides.

Check out Sacrosanct by thread hero EnaiSiaion.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Halser posted:

Has the user interface issue been solved in the Special Edition already? Kinda stopping me from bothering with it.

SkyUI 2.2 with some modifications (you gotta do yourself) to get rid of a the SKSE nag menu -or- if you rock the ultrawide pop this mother in your install for SSE and wonder why people ask if the UI has been taken care of in special edition. Categorized Favorites Menu can be added as well and what else do you need?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Cernunnos posted:

Does he have one for werewolves?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

GunnerJ posted:

Does he have one for werewolves?

Not yet, unfortunately. Hopefully someday.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Monolith. posted:

Obvious enough. Any magic to buff my fists?

I think there's an item or two in the game that boosts unarmed damage?

dwarf74 posted:

Oooh how's that interact with the Sneak Pounce that Imperator gives to khajiit?

To be honest I haven't tried that out yet.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I'd also pump alteration for a punchcat, especially if you're a purist and wearing monk robes like you should be. Mage armor, innate magic lets you cast a few spells every battle without having to boost your mp, energy shield then lets you use your mp as a defence buff. All feels like stuff that suits a warrior monk real well.

Also if you're using apocalypse, you can use that spell that lets you store buff spells that activates every time you get in battle to store your mage armor and whatever else you need without having to cast 'em every time

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

This seems to break something with the main questline. I couldn't "seduce" the moth priest with the mod installed.

e:I don't know if toggling it off and on will gently caress up my save some.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 4, 2016

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

This seems to break something with the main questline. I couldn't "seduce" the moth priest with the mod installed.

e:I don't know if toggling it off and on will gently caress up my save some.

Weird, it worked for me. Do you have another mod that could be messing with it?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MinorRed posted:

Weird, it worked for me. Do you have another mod that could be messing with it?

Don't think so. I got it working after waiting till I was hungry for blood. Thing is, I then wasn't given to option to feed on him. Queue me reloading 5 times until it suddenly worked. Then I retested, and it failed again. Had to try another few times to to get it to work once more.

Sidenote: Dawnguard feels so tedious and boring, and a tier below regular Skyrim in the writing department.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Is there a skyrim special edition lighting fix that works? I'm having some problems with guards torches/braziers/spells not actually showing light.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rinkles posted:

Sidenote: Dawnguard feels so tedious and boring, and a tier below regular Skyrim in the writing department.

yeah, i just got turned into a bat thing and it's kinda dumb and has stopped my full immersion~ 90 hour SSE binge.

Is Dragonborn better? I have another character doing that, could swap...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

sebmojo posted:

yeah, i just got turned into a bat thing and it's kinda dumb and has stopped my full immersion~ 90 hour SSE binge.

Is Dragonborn better? I have another character doing that, could swap...

Dragonborn is the best part of Skyrim.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Haha same. First thing to make me turn off the game unrelated to rl responsibilities. I persevered a fair bit further and it gets worse and worse. Very poorly paced. I'm seriously considering reverting to a 3-4 hour old save because it's a slog.

E: is curing vampirism after finishing the dlc at least fairly straightforward?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

My impression of Dawnguard for a while has been that it's mostly only worth it for getting crossbows in the game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I haven't met vampires yet but I've been jumped a time or two by gibbering lunatics. If one lands an attack I am infected with something. Being unwilling to deal with that I've reloaded each time until I can kill it with it attacking me. I'm assuming this is expansion related? I haven't played there expansions, only the base game modded and unmodded around release.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rinkles posted:

E: is curing vampirism after finishing the dlc at least fairly straightforward?

Yep.

GunnerJ posted:

My impression of Dawnguard for a while has been that it's mostly only worth it for getting crossbows in the game.

And Lost to the Ages.

Personally, I liked Dawnguard, but Dragonborn is amazing.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

GunnerJ posted:

I've been trying dawnguard out for the first time and I dislike it enough that it's put me off skyrim for the time being. Hakon is a tit, his daughter is annoying and you have to have her around for what seems like long periods of time, it requires dealing with vampires a lot which are generally a pain to fight and the vampire lord looks stupid.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Dawnguard sucked and basically forced me to do it in order to stop having to console rez NPCs that were functionally useful from loving vampire attacks.

Seriously it's poo poo DLC.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Same, Dawnguard is mostly worth it for the crossbow. I don't care much about playing a vampire, it has always seemed to be too melodramatic and angsty for a proper fantasy hero. (Even when I played V:tM I wanted my characters to be more about being cool and having fun than about either weeping about their lost humanity or relishing in their barbaric monstrosity, which sadly seemed to be the only choices offered by the setting.) I did like puzzling out the Soulcairn, and the vampire lord form was fun for a two minute laugh, but getting back to normal was a no-brainer.

Crossbows are cool, though. Love my crossbows.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't met vampires yet but I've been jumped a time or two by gibbering lunatics. If one lands an attack I am infected with something. Being unwilling to deal with that I've reloaded each time until I can kill it with it attacking me. I'm assuming this is expansion related? I haven't played there expansions, only the base game modded and unmodded around release.

Aren't the gibbering lunatics added by the moonlight tales lycanthropy mod?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't know what mod added them, but they're most probably werewolves in human form, as a throwback to Morrowind+Bloodmoon.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Someone was asking earlier about unarmed combat? This just dropped for special edition, time for FIRE FISTS or LIGHTNING LIMBS or even BLIZZARD BRAWLING

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 4, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Oh hey the gibbering lunatics are a Moonlight Tales thing. Thanks for setting things straight. So far this mod is only spawning gibbering lunatics in really strange places, like the Arch Mages Chambers in Winterhold.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Oh hey the gibbering lunatics are a Moonlight Tales thing. Thanks for setting things straight. So far this mod is only spawning gibbering lunatics in really strange places, like the Arch Mages Chambers in Winterhold.

You'll typically hear a howl when you're wandering around outside and then they'll spawn with you on your next cell change. I had one enter high Hrothgar with me when I was doing the civil war peace council quest. There are some heavy hitters in there for that... Poor lunatic never had a chance. :p

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Seems ridiculous you can't feed off combat enemies (Dawnguard).

And the EnaiSiaion mod makes it so that feeding is more often lethal. Hard to find throwaway characters to consume.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 4, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Anyone use the mod Genesis? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67811/

It's supposed to:
1 Randomly generated hostile population for dungeons--for immersive unpredictability.
2 The NPCs used will be appropriate for the type of location. (ie. Draugr in draugr crypts and so on.)
3 Only three small scripts, and they only run for a few seconds when a dungeon is first entered.
4 No DLCs required
5 Repopulating frequency of cleared dungeons can be set in the MCM menu.
6 Loot can be dynamically added to dungeon containers with parameters specified in MCM

I'm trying to find a way to get more enemies in the world.

edit: I also just installed Immersive Patrols... could have sworn I did that already but I somehow missed it. :(

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 4, 2016

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Cat Mattress posted:

Even when I played V:tM I wanted my characters to be more about being cool and having fun than about either weeping about their lost humanity or relishing in their barbaric monstrosity, which sadly seemed to be the only choices offered by the setting.

This is gold.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Wildtortilla posted:

Anyone use the mod Genesis? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67811/

It's supposed to:
1 Randomly generated hostile population for dungeons--for immersive unpredictability.
2 The NPCs used will be appropriate for the type of location. (ie. Draugr in draugr crypts and so on.)
3 Only three small scripts, and they only run for a few seconds when a dungeon is first entered.
4 No DLCs required
5 Repopulating frequency of cleared dungeons can be set in the MCM menu.
6 Loot can be dynamically added to dungeon containers with parameters specified in MCM

I'm trying to find a way to get more enemies in the world.

edit: I also just installed Immersive Patrols... could have sworn I did that already but I somehow missed it. :(

Why in Talos' name would I want more draugr in Generic Draugr Crypt #83?

Dunno, if it works as advertised and that's the kind of thing that you enjoy then cool, but personally I never re-enter a dungeon I've already cleared on the same playthrough unless I have to for a quest, in which case I want in and the hell out of there ASAP.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I combined it with immersive creatures so hopefully I see bigger numbers of a variety of monsters everywhere.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eric the Mauve posted:

Why in Talos' name would I want more draugr in Generic Draugr Crypt #83?
When I read the description I assumed you could also make fewer draugr appear :shobon:

Clicking the link disabused me of that notion. Why is "more lovely enemies" popular?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Because Skyrim combat is fun and engaging, so people want more of it. Obviously.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

why do we even play this dumb game

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Play?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I went through a dungeon that was populated with wacky new drauger and bandit types because of my mods. To get out if the dungeon I had to fight a bandit group that was lead by a man with a magical thunder hammer. Then a drauger summoner wonder upon us and summoned an army of baby spiders.

My mod decisions are working out!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hey, Dawnguard actually has a whole two nice things in it, crossbows, and Arvak the infinity horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

And Lost to the Ages. Dammit.