Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

9 and 10 are okay, they're just too expensive for what they are and punishingly difficult compared to the others.

And Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 are so utterly stupid that they're fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MMV GB is neat since after four games of remixing NES stages they went all original, changed up your default weapon (to a rocket punch), and took Wily out of the final boss seat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

9 and 10 are okay, they're just too expensive for what they are

Aren't they like 10 dollars.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Aren't they like 10 dollars.

If they are, they're worth it, they definitely were NOT at release, and both try to sell you on a ton of microtransactions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MM9 has some lovely gotchas, but you have plenty of ways to get around or trivialize threats between a great weaponset and the store.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: doublepost

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

If they are, they're worth it, they definitely were NOT at release, and both try to sell you on a ton of microtransactions.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2008/07/mega_man_9_will_cost_1000_wii_points

"Wed 9th Jul 2008
1000 Wii Points or $10"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got it for £7 on Wii I think

e:beaten but Mega Man 9 is great and people should play it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
MM9 is Instant Death Spikes And Pits: The Game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

huh. I remember it being at least three times that. I stand corrected.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

MM9 is Instant Death Spikes And Pits: The Game

Oh, so Wily finally learned?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Both 9 and 10 are designed by the kid of people who rear end in a top hat Mario and it actually kind of owns.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

7 kind of sucks though, and I remember 8 being a weird collectathon for screws in between anime movies.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

9 also has splash...woman?!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
9's soundtrack also owns pretty hard. It's in the top 5 for the series, possibly top 3.

My favorite part of 10 is the Wily castle twist. Sheep Man also brings me a lot of joy as a phrase to say.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sheep Man just keeps watching the mainstream media and swallowing everything they say!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

They're 0 dollars if you illegally download them :D

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly just play as many as you can, outside of the blatant favorites there's a lot of variation on what games people like.

And you should still play the bad ones just to see how bad they are, you know if you're just emulating them anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

7 kind of sucks though, and I remember 8 being a weird collectathon for screws in between anime movies.

7 does not suck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nothing beats the stylings of a bunch of obviously Canadian voice actors, one of whom is a sex criminal, present in epic storytelling adventure, Mega Man Legends.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mega Man Legends and its sequels have aged terribly.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I don't don't if the Tron Bonne game was any good but she and the ServBots were a gift to mankind from the maker of MML.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

9's soundtrack also owns pretty hard. It's in the top 5 for the series, possibly top 3.

My favorite part of 10 is the Wily castle twist. Sheep Man also brings me a lot of joy as a phrase to say.

What's the wily castle twist

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mega Man 9 has a weapon that shoots bees everywhere.

This makes 9 one of the best in the series hth

Bicyclops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_FSVWR6ZE

also:

Lurdiak posted:

7 does not suck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

*pulling on tie* And they weren't that good in the foist place!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

This was admittedly a large part of the reason I enjoyed playing Bioshock for the first time last month, years after it should have been any good at all.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

The big problem with seven is that they stagger the levels, so that you have to beat the first four robot masters before the next four, and the first four are all less fun than the last four. It's a very backloaded game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the wily castle twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrYwAMKCBaE&t=4288s

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spoderman posted:

The big problem with seven is that they stagger the levels, so that you have to beat the first four robot masters before the next four, and the first four are all less fun than the last four. It's a very backloaded game.

Also making Mega Man big instead of going the Mega Man X route makes you have about 3 Mega Mans worth of screen space. X is just better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spoderman posted:

There's a password that unlocks all 8 bosses from the start.

Bicyclops posted:

Also making Mega Man big instead of going the Mega Man X route makes you have about 3 Mega Mans worth of screen space. X is just better.

You can always play this extremely good fan game if that's a real sticking point. Although it does remove the shop and intro stage from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOn56hpR7w

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

That was cool.

Lurdiak posted:

There's a password that unlocks all 8 bosses from the start.

That does not make it right.

Also MM7 has this rad easter egg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxXAiVXVic

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

That does not make it right.

I'm not bringing that up as a defense of the decision, just a handy way to bypass it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mak0rz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-5Mg_12zo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna fight y-

Bicyclops posted:

*pulling on tie* And they weren't that good in the foist place!

I'M GONNA FIGHT YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also I hope TLOU Part 2 is as much of a ridiculous shift as Jak 2 was

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

Also I hope TLOU Part 2 is as much of a ridiculous shift as Jak 2 was
the ravid rabbids appear

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

the ravid rabbids appear

Instead of fungus is that's contagious face tumor that tazmanian devils get, bringing them full circle to their roots with Australian marsupials.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Weird request, but does anyone know a new game that's similar to the very old Darklands?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Instead of fungus is that's contagious face tumor that tazmanian devils get, bringing them full circle to their roots with Australian marsupials.

The Crashed of Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is there a cheap way to stream so I can show my face on the side and the game I'm playing, if I'm playing on a console on my TV in the living room? I have a laptop and HDMI. I might start streaming in the middle of the month for just my friends and put a donation button to the CF Foundation instead of doing the CF walk this year.

• Locked thread