Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
My entire list of SSB/BSBs from that set of realms is: Excalibur IX, Mace of Zeus, Overture. So yeah, I'm definitely pulling on that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Well that's pushed me over the edge from 'hard pass' to 'holy poo poo pull'

Relm's medica please, game.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, we never got that Buff Soul Lucky I was waiting for but that'll do just fine for me.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Minor downside to that is that Thyrus is an SB, not an SSB.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, I've only got 6 duplicates from that pool, so it's a pretty safe pull for me.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, sweet. I don't have any relics stronger than an SB for XIII, and only one relic at all (SSB) for XIV. Of course, VI and IX are some of my strongest realms, but I'll probably pull anyway.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

KnoxZone posted:

:siren: Tomorrow's DU Lucky Banner is SSB+ :siren:

VI, IX, XIII, XIV

I already have 3 mage rods SSBs (Garnet, Kuja, Vivi) from IX, plus 3 of Eiko's instruments, on top of standard USBs for Zidane/Steiner/Beatrix, so I'm loathe to pull since I very likely won't get anything I need nor want there.

But even then if it's 25 mythril, why the hell not? My VI and XIII synergy could use a fair shot at some boosting. XIV is a bonus, but I'm planning on going in hard on that in a few weeks time and don't need anything from the gacha at this point.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This sounds good. Modern FF6 relics would be good. Anything more for the melee side of FF13 would be good. Certain FF9 items would be good, but not strictly needed. Only SSB from FF14 is Papalymo's enice, so there's plenty of potential there too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I've got:

VI - Relm's Medica (actually my only VI SB)
IX - Steiner's Excalibur, Vivi's Doublecast Decay, Eiko's Reraise
XIII - Lightning's BSB and SSB, Fang's SSB
XIV - Nothing

If I get lucky with the draw, it means I can skip on pulling on the General Leo banners and go straight to the Locke/Celes OSB banners for fixing my VI synergy, and I can't skip out on trying to grab Dagger's Dagger again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hogama posted:

Minor downside to that is that Thyrus is an SB, not an SSB.

Thyrus will be on the first XIV banner that many of us are going to be chucking mythril at regardless. If you still need native wall, it won't be hard to get in the next month between that and SG almost certainly being on a festival banner.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

I will say that Malak's banner looks more attractive to me, among the banners which are guaranteed to have TGCid OSB on them. It has TGCid OSB, Mustadio's BSB which is one of the few really good Machinist BSBs (because it's more of a Support BSB), Malak's BSB which is extremely good from a utility standpoint, Orlandu's BSB again, Orlandu's new SSB which is meh, Malak's SSB which is great for utility, Mustadio's Hyper Break again, Gaffgarion's ether armor (meh), and Ramza's AOE heal.

See, what I'm hearing is that Orlandu's BSB is actually pretty disappointing, while his SSB is really good.

His BSB is strong, but it has a long cast time like his OSB. That's all fine. The real kicker is his burst commands are also suuuper slow, and not good enough to make up for them. They have full SB-length cast times, which means you'll probably only get to use 2-3 of them before burst mode runs out. That makes them terrible for maintaining burst mode, so you'll probably have to spam lifesiphon a couple times between each use. All I can say is I know people who pulled it in japan and never use it because it's just too slow to be efficient.

On the other hand, his SSB is instant-cast, and gives him instant cast 2. That means you can crap out his SSB followed by two Full Charges with 0 cast time on any of them. If you build up SB bars ahead of time, you can easily do SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge, all with no cast time! It's insane for burst damage.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'll probably pull a bunch of IX relics to go with my

Flame Staff
Lightbringer
Ogre
Wizard Rod
Orichalcum
Mace of Zeus
Ultima Sword+
Exploda
Butterfly Sword
Scissor Fangs
Golem's Flute
Thunder Gloves
Power Sash

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

His BSB is strong, but it has a long cast time like his OSB. That's all fine. The real kicker is his burst commands are also suuuper slow, and not good enough to make up for them. They have full SB-length cast times, which means you'll probably only get to use 2-3 of them before burst mode runs out. That makes them terrible for maintaining burst mode, so you'll probably have to spam lifesiphon a couple times between each use. All I can say is I know people who pulled it in japan and never use it because it's just too slow to be efficient.

On the other hand, his SSB is instant-cast, and gives him instant cast 2. That means you can crap out his SSB followed by two Full Charges with 0 cast time on any of them. If you build up SB bars ahead of time, you can easily do SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge, all with no cast time! It's insane for burst damage.

He has Celerity 5, which makes cast time concerns much less of a big deal.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

He has Celerity 5, which makes cast time concerns much less of a big deal.

While true, Chainstarter still has cast time and does significantly less damage than full break or SSBs. Chainstarter and full break are nice for some maintained damage output, but not nearly as good for burst damage output. Plus, ya know, it requires you to have a R3+ chainstarter honed and equipped, while Lifesiphon enables the crazy burst damage and is obviously easier to hone.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

While true, Chainstarter still has cast time and does significantly less damage than full break or SSBs. Chainstarter and full break are nice for some maintained damage output, but not nearly as good for burst damage output. Plus, ya know, it requires you to have a R3+ chainstarter honed and equipped, while Lifesiphon enables the crazy burst damage and is obviously easier to hone.

I'm mostly talking about his BSB. His BSB has a Full Charge command which also just happens to have a dual break attached to it. The fact that it's a 3.3 second cast time is irrelevant because he has access to Powercharge. Yeah, you only get 3 shots of his command 1 if you only use it, but you get 6 total attacks (3 Powerchains and 3 command 1s) if you use Powerchain.

I have his BSB in JP (and not his OSB) and it's extremely good if you don't just hit Auto on it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I've always seen Orlandeau's relics as the reverse of the traditional En-element into OSB pattern, where you'd go Powerchain-> OSB to get Thunder God Mode -> BSB.

Like, you'd probably want to just doublecast his OSB if you were lucky enough to have both, but a slightly weaker Full Charge that's either an Holy/Non-elemental ATK/DEF debuff or Dark/Non-elemental two-hit Drain command sound pretty nice to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh yeah that lucky is a sure draw now. Half price for SSB+ is awesome.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
VI, IX and XIII are weird realms for me in that I have the exact same situation going on for all three: SBs for exactly two characters, and doubles of one of the items. Two Stardust Rods and a Gau Gauntlets for VI, two Tridents and a Steinercalibur for IX, two Physician's Staff and a Peacemaker for XIII. It's not perfectly symmetrical since I also have Blazefire Saber for Lightning and Binding Rod for Vanille but I don't equip those SBs so they may as well not exist. Easy pull for me, especially since even though I really like VI it keeps having subpar banners that are flanked by chase banners so if I get something for these characters, it'll be from Lucky Draws or Fest banners.

On the topic of the upcoming Orlandeau banner being a trap... honestly, yeah, kinda. Maybe? Number crunching apparently puts Orlandeau's BSB somewhere high but not at the top, the damage multipliers on it are bananas but just as 0CT keeps being underestimated, it bears keeping in mind that all of his stuff has a long charge time. That said, I don't think I saw a number comparison for his OSB but it has to be sitting drat near the top, if not directly. Also, it has Agrias relics and Agrias is insanely good for how versatile she is. She's the best offensive defensive hero in the game, IMO. She can carry Proshellga, she has an ATK/MAG break if you draw it and can hit all but one element for medal conditions or just some extra damage and soul break gauge generation. Her new relics also make her a lynchpin for any Holy team, either by providing Imperil or just by having an Enholy SB that carries a really bulky multiplier. Really, though, I just want to use Orlandeau because... because. And Agrias.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grozz Nuy posted:

A few weeks now, but it's not every ultimate. The first one was U Mateus from the Ashe BSB event, I believe. Plus it's only the 60 stamina fights so you couldn't farm the 1 stamina bosses for crystals.

Not that this is stopping some people. This was posted on the subreddit a couple of days ago.

Check out the Meltdown hones. :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm fully prepared to get duplicates of all the SSBs+ I already have for those three realms. VI and XIII are fairly weak realms for me but I'm sure I'll somehow get a duplicate Lunar Stinger or something.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Aw man I'm definitely pulling on that DU banner now. What do I have that's SSB or above, let's see.

VI - Ichigeki, Valiant Knife, Excalibur
iX - Tin Armor, Trident, Wizard Rod, Fairy Flute
XIII - Peacemaker, Sirius Sidearms, Starseeker, Ninurta
XIV - Omnirod, Ninja Chainmail

Hopefully I won't get too many (or any) dupes.

e: Oh yeah, I remember I have Ninja Chainmail now. Maybe I should level Thancred at some point in time, for CM if nothing else, since Yuffie is my top ninja/thief.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hmh, lessee.

VI - Maduin's Horb, Tiara
IX - Ogre, Orichalcum, Ragnarok, Wizard Staff
XIII - Ninurta, Peacemaker, Physician's Staff
XIV - nothing

Seems like a fairly easy pull for me, though I'll probably get a pile of IX stuff that I don't need.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This game really likes putting XIII stuff on banners.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This game really likes putting XIII stuff on banners.

I wonder if that's something that comes from Squuenix. They really want us to love Lightning.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Attestant posted:

I wonder if that's something that comes from Squuenix. They really want us to love Lightning.

They can want me to love Lightning all I want, she's just girl Cloud. And I probably wouldn't love Cloud if he hadn't come out during my formative years.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Aw man I'm definitely pulling on that DU banner now. What do I have that's SSB or above, let's see.

VI - Ichigeki, Valiant Knife, Excalibur
iX - Tin Armor, Trident, Wizard Rod, Fairy Flute
XIII - Peacemaker, Sirius Sidearms, Starseeker, Ninurta
XIV - Omnirod, Ninja Chainmail

Hopefully I won't get too many (or any) dupes.

e: Oh yeah, I remember I have Ninja Chainmail now. Maybe I should level Thancred at some point in time, for CM if nothing else, since Yuffie is my top ninja/thief.

Ninja Chainmail is just Unique.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huuuhn.

VI: Rune Blade, Lightbringer, Burning Fist, Golden Spear, Maduin's Horn, Magus Rod, Stardust Rod, Cards, Gaia Gear
IX: Mage Masher, Zorlin Shape, Diamond Sword, Coral Sword, Oak Staff, Golem's Flute, Fairy Flute
XIII: Kaiser Fistx3, Raines' Gloves, Hunter's Rod, Wyrmfang, Airwing, Nurata 2, Vega 42, Deneb Duelliers, Rainer's Cloak, Gold Bangle
XIV: Yoshimitsu, Thyrusx2, Ninja Chainmail

huh, my synergy's better than I remembered. Just low on character-based relics on 9.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 5, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So I got my first Mage BSB in Quistis. Are you supposed to give them the start with SB materia and jump right in? Otherwise it feels like a waste of hones getting the SB up.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

VI: No Supers (Terra's Trance Fira, Sabin's Rising Phoenix)
IX: Beatrix's Knight Protector, Quina's Frog Drop, Vivi's Doublecast Decay
XIII: Lightning's Requiem of the Goddess, Snow's Diamond Dust, Raines' Seraphic Ray (Vanille's Oerba's Boon, Sazh's Boon, Lightning's Blaze Rush)
XIV: No Supers (Y'shtola's Stoneskin II, Thancred's Dancing Edge, Thancred's Death Blossom)

Yeah I'm pulling.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Hm, what do I got in that whole mess...

VI: Relm's SSB, Locke's SSB
IX: Freya's SSB, Eiko's BSB
XIII: Sazh's SSB, Cid Raines's SSB
XIV: Papalymo's SSB

I'm guaranteed to get one of those if I pull. Comedy option, I get more than three 5* for the first time ever and they're all Eiko flutes.

Still gonna do it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have a single SSB, BSB, or physical sword/dagger for IX or XIV and 2 BSBs apiece and an 8* sword in both VI and XIII

I know what I'm pullin!

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I could have everything on the banner and I would still pull as long as it's half price.

VI: Excalibur (Celes)
IX: Garnet's Burst, Beatrix's Burst, Excalibur (Steiner)
XIII: Lightning's Burst, Hope's Burst, Battle Standard (Snow), Sirius Sidearms (Sazh)
XIV: HAHA

Wow, I uh... thought I had more than that :v: Hopefully tomorrow will be an exciting pull.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Hmm, I've got quite a few duplicates:

VI: Celes' Indomitable Blade, Locke's Valiant Strike, Terra's Fire Beam
IX: Steiner's Climhazard, Freya's Six Dragons, Garnet's Divine Guardian (x3 combined already into an 8*), Zidane's Stellar Circle 5
XIII: Lightning's Crushing Blow, Snow's Diamond Dust
XIV: Yshtola's Aetherial Pulse

So I have almost 20% of the items on the banner already... oh well I'll still probably pull because I've already pulled on literally every half-priced draw.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My only SSBs for any of those realms are Steiner's crappy Climhazzard, Freya's dragon SSB, and Relm's medica SSB. Looking forward to my dupe

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I've got a high chance at a dupe, especially in IX.

VI: Fixed Dice, Valiant Knife
IX: Hamelin, Punisher, Mace of Zeus, Wizard Rod, Fairy Flute
XIII: Canopus AMPs, Power Circle, Hawkeye
XIV: Air Knives

Still gonna pull anyway. Half price is half price. Getting anything mage-y from IX is gonna be a bit of a letdown, but I will be :unsmith: for a physical SSB. Anything but dupes in VI or XIII would be nice. I've got two XIII guns and a first already, so a damned sword (or medica!) for that realm would be nice. VI can give me basically anything at this point and I'd be happy with it. XIV would again, be a nice bonus but I've got at least three pulls budgeted for those upcoming banners.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So I got my first Mage BSB in Quistis. Are you supposed to give them the start with SB materia and jump right in? Otherwise it feels like a waste of hones getting the SB up.

Quistis is one of the lucky mages with Support 4, so you can give her Wrath and Ace Striker and have a full SB bar in two turns. Otherwise, yeah, it helps to give your mage a SB RM, or alternately have them hit an elemental weakness for a few turns to build gauge.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well since we're listing them:

VI - Maduin's Horn
IX - Punisher, Ragnarok, Excalibur, Dagger of Resolve, Flame Staff
XIII - Lunar Stinger
XIV - None

Some potential repeats on IX, but otherwise, nothing too bad.

I actually wouldn't even mind a Sabin or Snow relic, they're pretty outdated but I just want my Monks to be good again. Haven't drawn a Monk SB since... Refia's first thrown weapon and haven't had a new fist since Zack's.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mithross posted:

They can want me to love Lightning all I want, she's just girl Cloud. And I probably wouldn't love Cloud if he hadn't come out during my formative years.
Cloud is legitimately a good character though.

Not gonna post all my dupes right now but I have 8 of the items that will appear on the Lucky Draw. Could be worse.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
I need some help if nobody minds.

So I can't level up Irvine further than 65 because I don't have his second memory crystal. *Can't get one either*

I'd be happy to list my tier five support to ask for advice on who I should use in order to tackle the ultimate dungeon for eight.

Any help is appreciated and greatly encouraged. From me but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lately we've had a rash of enelement BSBs, and the latest belongs to Quistis complete with poison element. Try using that as your RW and bursting Seifer down.

Though to back that up, what do you natively have in terms of Wall/hastega/faithga/medicas?

• Locked thread