Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

clicking the president of the united states' tweets and seeing a bunch of people calling him a big dumb idiot is really weird

e: president elect. whatever. go to trump's twitter and click a few of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

this unironically
only reason i buy brandy is cause yang wen-li likes it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fiction posted:

Did you see him get humbled by that lady at the church. He's a pushover.

in person he tends to be a total wuss as part of his "wants everyone to like him/believes last person he met" thing, see also not bringing up the "and mexico will pay for it" thing when he took a trip there

when there's a safe distance he suddenly just starts spewing poo poo again

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's pretty much only one target in Indiana that's on any MAD map and even then as a relic - Fort Ben, which used to handle military payroll

Even if that gets hit I'm an hour away from the outside edge of the radiation zone and surrounded by hills :c00lbert:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Our next president is basically an Internet Tough Guy

e: but, you know, now with nukes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

Trash Trick posted:

clicking the president of the united states' tweets and seeing a bunch of people calling him a big dumb idiot is really weird

My favorite thing is this sorta stern, know-it-all tone people use on social media when talking about Trump, it's really fuckin weird and they come off as huge losers. Like Dave Chappelle white news guy voice.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

he's an internet tough guy who has multiple branches of government dedicated solely to carrying out his tough guy threats

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

lol

My favorite thing is this sorta stern, know-it-all tone people use on social media when talking about Trump, it's really fuckin weird and they come off as huge losers. Like Dave Chappelle white news guy voice

got any examples, because sounding smarter than trump isn't hard

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

so when is it time to start arzying about global stability because i was starting to arzy right after hillary's bad email press before the election and have been doing so sporadically since that long night

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also lmao is Alex Jones going to be brought in for being the mastermind behind a program of radicalization that ended in a young man shooting up a crowded restaurant now?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Monohydrate posted:

so when is it time to start arzying about global stability because i was starting to arzy right after hillary's bad email press before the election and have been doing so sporadically since that long night

Like, two years ago, dude.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Monohydrate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Trash Trick posted:

This is kind of an example of our digital isolation

people have been doing this for YEARS. just not the people we usually pay attention to

https://twitter.com/GregoryMaul/status/804371993277497344

It's undoubtably 1000x worse against Trump now, but people have been digitally yelling at the president for a while now

of course, barack was probably far less likely to ever see any mentions or DMs. Trump probably reads them more religiously than his national security briefings

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

the guy with the torch at the end is trump

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yinlock posted:

got any examples, because sounding smarter than trump isn't hard

basically, every top tweet at him imploring him to act presidential or just look on /r/politics or something and it's always like the top post

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apparently the PA recounts are back on now. Stein may be a craven hack but she knows how to keep Trump at a rolling boil

Monohydrate posted:

the guy with the torch at the end is trump

No, Trump is the blowtorch. The guy is Bannon

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This is kind of an example of our digital isolation

people have been doing this for YEARS. just not the people we usually pay attention to

https://twitter.com/GregoryMaul/status/804371993277497344

It's undoubtably 1000x worse against Trump now, but people have been digitally yelling at the president for a while now

of course, barack was probably far less likely to ever see any mentions or DMs. Trump probably reads them more religiously than his national security briefings

I mean like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

I mean like this

I'm glad Republicans finally get their turn on the ideological purity circular firing squad

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thats the first thing that pops up when you click a trump tweet. I know obama probably had the same sort of stuff, but his tweets weren't ridiculous and inflammatory themselves.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'm definitely not going to get upset about popular tweets telling the PEOTUS to stop acting like a loving child no matter how cringey the posting voice they use is.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Trash Trick posted:

I mean like this

:lol: @ HEY COATES - GROW UP

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fiction posted:

The military still has to agree to using the nukes if there's no good reason to. So because trump is dumb he'll only try to use them when he shouldn't, he'll get lip from the military about it and back off like a coward.

Uh if he says fire nukes he gets the secretary of defense to confirm order and they're fired. If secretary moron disagrees he can be fired and replaced.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao at all the rubes who thought Trump was just putting on a facade

for what, 50 years in a row? This is exactly who he has always been. I may be an Atheist but at least I didn't vote for someone who literally fits the exact description of the anti-christ

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

lmao at all the rubes who thought Trump was just putting on a facade

for what, 50 years in a row? This is exactly who he has always been. I may be an Atheist but at least I didn't vote for someone who literally fits the exact description of the anti-christ

We're already up to the plague of frogs so I hope this dies down before the firstborn children die

lmbo it won't :negative:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

We're already up to the plague of frogs so I hope this dies down before the firstborn children die

lmbo it won't :negative:

those don't fit my argument as well so they were obviously intended as metaphor

im rich so God loves me more and that means I'm more right furthermor

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Can someone summarize what I missed today since I was drinking/sleeping through family xmas dinner

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

Can someone summarize what I missed today since I was drinking/sleeping

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Der Meister posted:

Can someone summarize what I missed today since I was drinking/sleeping through family xmas dinner

neckbeard shoots up pizza parlor after failing to find a sex dungeon, tho apparently missed everybody and may not have fired? Either way, deffo marched in with a gun on roders from Alex Jones

other than that iunno, Trump probably called King of China's wife a shameful fat hog or smtg

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Der Meister posted:

We're all going to die, bigly

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Also Taiwan #1

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

GobiasIndustries posted:

e: but, you know, now with nukes
"Come fight me IRL" - Donald J. Trump to Hu Jintao, via Twitter

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

"Come fight me IRL" - Donald J. Trump to Hu Jintao, via Twitter

it's xi jingping now

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's xi jingping now

Goddammit :doh:

E: I mean I meant to do that because I was pretending to be Trump, who's dumb enough not to know the current President of China

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Der Meister posted:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
unrelated, but can anyone explain wtf is going on in new zealand right now

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trump is gonna visit Pyongyang with Ambassador Dennis Rodman to announce he's marrying off Tiffany to Fatty Kim in exchange for that big unfinished concrete motel to have a bunch of gold leaf and TRUMP slapped on it

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
i have a high family history of diabetes, but not until their 50s

should i just chug coke for alike a week straight to get my diabetes now while i can still get healthcare

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

okay so it looks like if MAD happens I should be safe in the short term unless the Sino-Ruskie alliance opts to nuke Cape Girardeau, MO in which case I will eat some fallout

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fiction posted:

The military still has to agree to using the nukes if there's no good reason to. So because trump is dumb he'll only try to use them when he shouldn't, he'll get lip from the military about it and back off like a coward.

As a holdover from the Cold War era and the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction as a means of nuclear deterrence, the entire process from deciding to launch to actually launching is very fast — taking less than five minutes from decision to launch. This is purposeful by design: the process must be quick, otherwise a nuclear aggressor might be able to execute a first strike that disables nuclear launch capability, thereby eliminating the threat of retaliation. Due in part to this need for speed, the only legal challenge to a presidential order to use nuclear weapons is that of his identity — which he confirms with a series of authentication codes that are carried on his person or by a military aide. While individuals involved in carrying out the President’s order might refuse the order or resign, this is unlikely because the people involved are specifically screened and trained. At least one person — Air Force Major Harold Hering — has been discharged for “failure to demonstrate acceptable qualities of leadership” as a result of asking the following questions: “How can I know that an order I receive to launch my missiles came from a sane president?” and “Can he launch despite displaying symptoms of imbalance?” The order, if given, is very likely to be followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

HorseRenoir posted:

unrelated, but can anyone explain wtf is going on in new zealand right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1x4JkZTfPs

• Locked thread