Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I looked it up and found that Emily Post says "always give it back," and as a matter of law most state laws treat it as a "no fault" thing where a contract was broken and since it was conditional it should be returned, though that can vary.

I also found this gem:
For example, consider the case of George J. Pavlicic, a 75-year-old man, who had a romance with Sara Jane Mills, aged 26. They became engaged in 1949. He bought her a house, two cars, an engagement ring, and a diamond ring in anticipation of their marriage. George then lent her a significant amount of money, including $5,000 to buy a saloon. Sara Jane then disappeared. The next time she was heard from, she had indeed used the $5,000 to buy a saloon, but it was in another city, and she had married another man.
George went to court. He wanted everything that he'd given Sara Jane back -- and he won. Pavlicic v. Vogtsberger, 136 A.2d 127, 130 (Penn. 1957).

I hope he gets it back and she is made to find gainful and character-improving employment; one hopes not in any field related to childcare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Meaning what he actually should have said was "I decided that I didn't like this child from the moment I saw them". It's not difficult to get a two year old to like you

Well he also blames the women in his wife for provoking him into beating them, soooooo...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Chichevache posted:

Well he also blames the women in his wife for provoking him into beating them, soooooo...

I wouldn't be happy about the women in my wife either!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Chichevache posted:

Ew what a freak. Sounds like a real treasure

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
do you mean that 26 year old girl didn't really love me?! i am definitely entirely the victim here!!!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

I wouldn't be happy about the women in my wife either!

Square :pervert:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
My [26M] step son [4M] has different colored eyes. My brother [21M] told him he has the eyes of the devil.

quote:

Last night my wife and I had a date night. The regular babysitter had to cancel on us, so we had a choice to make. My wife wanted to cancel and just spend the night at home, but we already spent the money for the date in advance. It was a boat ride down a river on some floating restaurant.

My brother does not live to far away so we had the idea to ask him to look after the kids. So he came over to look after them. This morning he walked up to his mom and asked her how he gets rid of the devil. She was so confused because as far as we knew he has no idea what the devil is. He said uncle tom told him his eyes are that of the devil. He has one blue and one brown eye. My wife is handling the step son side of things and told me to handle my brother.

What is the correct action to take with my brother?

tl;dr: Brother told step son he has the eyes of the Devil.

Hmm maybe tell the kid your retard brother was joking???

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
My [24F] girlfriend keeps grabbing my [29M] crotch.

quote:

Hi all,

I've told her to stop. But she always seems to not care about how I feel about it. We've been together for 2 years and she thinks that because we're bf/gf that she can touch my junk whenever she wants.

I told her to stop maybe around 100 times in the last 6 months or so. We'll be in the car, I'll be sleeping, in the grocery store, watching a movie, even the dinner table.

Here's the kicker. She is checking to see if I'm hard.

-Sex scene in a movie, better check that D... -She's talking about sex, which we don't have at all (her choice btw/for over a year/new to religion) Grabs my junk to feel how hard it is. -When I wake up, morning wood.

I don't get it. No sex. Ever. Because Jesus. We used to ALL THE TIME.

I told her that my penis is mine and that she needs to stop grabbing it. It's honestly causing me stress.

She asks me if I masturbate and is now firmly against any self-pleasure.

Because I get so much from her...

Reddit/r... HELP.

tl;dr: No sex but gf always grabs my junk. It's irritating and I want her to stop. She wont. Next step?
Hi all,

I've told her to stop. But she always seems to not care about how I feel about it. We've been together for 2 years and she thinks that because we're bf/gf that she can touch my junk whenever she wants.

I told her to stop maybe around 100 times in the last 6 months or so. We'll be in the car, I'll be sleeping, in the grocery store, watching a movie, even the dinner table.

Here's the kicker. She is checking to see if I'm hard.

-Sex scene in a movie, better check that D... -She's talking about sex, which we don't have at all (her choice btw/for over a year/new to religion) Grabs my junk to feel how hard it is. -When I wake up, morning wood.

I don't get it. No sex. Ever. Because Jesus. We used to ALL THE TIME.

I told her that my penis is mine and that she needs to stop grabbing it. It's honestly causing me stress.

She asks me if I masturbate and is now firmly against any self-pleasure.

Because I get so much from her...

Reddit/r... HELP.

tl;dr: No sex but gf always grabs my junk. It's irritating and I want her to stop. She wont. Next step?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Sever, she opened their relationship and now is with Jesus.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that story is pretty funny until you get to the part where they don't have any sex and she doesn't allow him to masturbate and then it becomes that it's an actual torture method

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I dont understand how the no masturbating rule is even enforceable.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Glenn Quebec posted:

I dont understand how the no masturbating rule is even enforceable.
Obviously it's only enforceable in certain jurisdictions but the law's long specter of unease blankets even the safest of venues.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I mean if she gets to check to see if he's sexually excited, it's only fair that he gets to do the same to her.

Whenever she grabs the D, he should reach into her with a digit to check the fluid levels.

Either she'll realize why it's bad, or she'll be into it and they can start loving again like normal people and forget about ol' Jesus. Win-win.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that dude is gonna end up waking up to find his dick's been cut off by his gf, jesus christ

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

that dude is gonna end up waking up to find his dick's been cut off by his gf, jesus christ
I think he's mentally handicapped. I can't think of any other reason for the post to be structured that way or for the situation to exist as it does.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Syncopated posted:

My [24F] girlfriend keeps grabbing my [29M] crotch.

You forgot the most important thing.

quote:

Don't know if this matters much but she's really really jealous. I have a scifi Christmas tree and I put star wars and star trek ornaments on it from Hallmark. She took the Princess Leia (ROTJ-Bikini outfit) ornament from the top/front of the tree and put it out of sight in the back/bottom of the tree. She almost broke it she was so upset I had it. She doesn't want it on the tree at all... my tree. At my house.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't understand how a 24-year-old with a boyfriend can possibly already be a crabby old spinster

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Lonely Virgil posted:

You forgot the most important thing.

I am also curious about why the guy decided to stay after they were having sex, then she found Jesus and decided no sex. Religion is whatever, but he does not seem into it at all.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

are they even a couple at that point?

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I looked it up and found that Emily Post says "always give it back," and as a matter of law most state laws treat it as a "no fault" thing where a contract was broken and since it was conditional it should be returned, though that can vary.

Sidenote: in law school (in New York), our family law prof told us that engagement rings given on birthdays or Christmas had been held by courts to be gifts. It had been mentioned as an aside, I have no recollection as to where she had gotten this...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

are they even a couple at that point?

She's gonna bang someone from her church group.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Also, dick-grabbed dude secretly has a fetish for this kind of thing. Enjoy your chastity cage, friendo.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
There's literally no point in bothering with a relationship any longer once your SO finds religion, assuming that wasn't the case before. Dude is never going to bang her again and she's going to become progressively weirder about it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

There's literally no point in bothering with a relationship any longer once your SO finds religion, assuming that wasn't the case before. Dude is never going to bang her again and she's going to become progressively weirder about it.

If she's being this weird about sex already she's probably gonna turn out to be one of those fundie women who are so hung up about sex that they can't bear to have it after marriage either

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
They should adopt a kid.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Obviously it's only enforceable in certain jurisdictions but the law's long specter of unease blankets even the safest of venues.

*is alone, staring at his increasingly uncomfortable thirteen day erection, begins to unzip* Whelp, a deals a deal and the laws the law. :shrug:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I can't imagine staying with any woman I've dated if they suddenly found Jesus and stopped loving.

Like why would she want to stay with this guy either? I hate people who can't be alone, which is why I love this thread.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This guy is really chill about this whole situation.

quote:

My [30f] wife is trying to keep me [29m] away from her gym break up party

This weekend coming up is my wife's gym break up party, in which they all get drunk and celebrate being fit and poo poo. They held one of these events just over 2 months ago, and I attended with my wife and her friends, the night was a standard drunk night out, we all had fun. Her friend did keep making fun of my wife for having a crush on her 'The Rock' lookalike personal trainer though.

These jokes didn't bother me on the night, and I even joined in myself. It wasn't until the next few weeks, my wife claimed to be going to some free PT sessions to help train one of the new ones. I believed her at the start, until week 2 or 3 I noticed withdrawals from our account of the exact amount a PT session with The Rock would cost, taken out about 10 minutes before she was due to start. I also noticed her texting him later on those days, either saying thanks or booking the next weeks.

I have no idea why she needed to lie about these, but it happened anyway. It wasn't until I was doing our tax, I questioned her on the withdrawals, but she still claimed they were free. At this point I also suggested he was a rip off, as $80 for one hour of training is a lot of money. This resulted in her not really talking to me for 3-4 days (lol).

When she began talking to me again, I was told she was changing to 'group training' which was half the price of a 1 on 1. I seemed happy with this, until I noticed the same amount of money being taken from the account, or a build up of withdrawals during the week to cover a 1 on 1 session. I've let this ride until this week, which is now her break up party.

I asked last week what the go was, what time and where we are going etc. She said she was bringing a girlfriend who went last time, and that she wanted to catch up with her at the break up party, and pretty much uninviting me from the event.

This is where I unfortunately checked her iPad with her messenger open, and checked out the chat between my wife and her friend. The main parts I got from this conversation were that my wife was one of her PTs favourite clients and that she had been invited to predrinks at his house, her friend also offered to be her 'wingman' so she could chase The Rock on the dance floor later in the night. So this is why I was uninvited I guess.

I don't really want this to become about me checking through her messages, but I will if I have to. I don't think she is cheating, he has a lot of girls chasing him looking at his insta, and I don't know why he'd bother with a married woman.

Part of me wants to leave this be, part of me wants to confront. Any advice on how to approach this?

tl;dr: wife wants to hang out with her PT who looks like The Rock on a drunken night out that I was uninvited from. I know why but don't know how to approach.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gaunab posted:

This guy is really chill about this whole situation.

I don't know if this dude's restraint is admirable (definitely not to me, but maybe to other people who don't have a problem with their spouses trying to cheat) or if he just has serious esteem issues. Start planning on leaving, I say.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't advocate snooping but I personally think that if you do see shady poo poo it's open season. Hope he dumps her because that's awful

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

LethalGeek posted:

I can't imagine staying with any woman I've dated if they suddenly found Jesus and stopped loving.

Like why would she want to stay with this guy either? I hate people who can't be alone, which is why I love this thread.

When one partner finds religion that the other doesnt it does not end well. But some people try anyway. For whatever reason.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

When your wife lies to you it should be things like "No, I think Channing Tatum is ugly" or "No, I think you're more handsome than when we started dating"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm guessing the religious convert has previous hangups about sex she never told he bf about before. Converting means the things that make her feel guilty don't have to anymore and she can start fresh.

I've seen quite a few people treat being a born again Christian as some kind of get out of jail free card. They get to walk away from bad feelings or actions without having to put any effort in dealing with the actual problem.

I'm surprised she stayed with him honestly. If he wasn't willing to convert and she doesn't want to have sex anymore and hates his Christmas ornaments what's she getting out of it?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Here's a little r/relationships novella

quote:

I (22M) just walked in on my girlfriend (21F) of 7 years having sex with my roommate (22M).

Throwaway, my girlfriend and roommate reddit.

My last class of the day was cancelled, so I decided to come home and surprise my girlfriend. I went to the store and grabbed everything to make her favorite meal (lasagna). I was carrying the bags up the stairs and put them down in front of the door to fish my keys out of my pocket and then I heard my girlfriend moaning.

I thought that she was "taking care of herself" because I know that she likes to do that sometimes when I'm not around, so I didn't have a sudden "ah-ha" moment or anything. I walked in and there were her and my roommate on the couch.

I opened the door and kind of just froze when I saw it. She looked up and me and he turned around and saw it was me, and I just saw red. As much as I wanted to, I didn't kick his rear end. I just dropped the bags and walked away.

As I was getting into my car, they both came running out and yelling at me to stop, but I just floored it and got out of there as quickly as I could. I called my best friend and talked to him about it. He offered to come kick his rear end, I told him no. I didn't want him to get in trouble from it.

I even had the engagement ring that I planned to use to propose to her this summer when we went on vacation. It's in my safe that I keep in the closet, so I know that she doesn't know about it. But I planned to spend the REST OF MY LIFE WITH HER! Why didn't I see this coming?

My last class was supposed to start at 12, but since it was cancelled, I was home by 12.30. So it's been 4+ hours. My phone has been blowing up from both of them, I haven't looked at any of the messages or answered any of the calls.

I called my bank and made sure that she wasn't on any of my accounts for anything. I'm going to go back later tonight and pack up all of her stuff and drop it off at her place tomorrow. Then I'll probably take a bag of clothes to my friend's house and stay there until school ends (3 weeks).

What do I do next?

tl;dr: Found girlfriend having sex with my roommate. I left. Already made sure she wasn't on my bank accounts. Had no contact with either of them. Have a place to stay until school ends.

quote:

UPDATE: I (22M) just walked in on my girlfriend (21F) of 7 years having sex with my roommate (22M).

First, I want to thank everybody for the help and many kind words that were sent my way. Seriously, thank you.

I'll start with what happened afterwards, and work my way up to today, and that's the only reason that I'm making an update only a week later.

Emily (my best friend's sister), texted both of them informing them informing that I'd be coming by to get stuff (Emily would be going to my ex-SO's). I went with my best friend (Trevor) and Emily to get some stuff from my apartment, my roommate wasn't there, but he left me a note saying that he's sorry, and attempting to explain the situation. I threw it away (after reading it), grabbed some stuff and loaded it into my car. I drove back to their house while the two of them then went to my ex's apartment to grab my stuff.

My ex was there and at first, she wouldn't let them in. She yelled at them to go away through the door, and after about 15 minutes of them sitting there, she eventually opened up and let them in to collect my things. They grabbed my PS4, movies, cookware, clothes and some random other things. She cried the whole time and asked them if they would tell me that "she's sorry", "it was a one time thing", "I would do anything to change it." They didn't say a word, although she was crying into an older hoodie of mine, so they left that there. I'm not too torn up about that.

I told a few select friends what happened, and asked if they would watch the doors to my classroom when I had classes as I didn't want to cause a scene. Nothing on Wednesday, but she stood outside one of my teaching classes on Thursday. I went in through a different door, and thankfully she didn't see me.

Friday is the day that really upsets me. As I said in the last post (in a reply), I'm an Education Major and I have my practicums this semester. Our Education building has two floors, and the 1st floor is a laboratory school (an elementary school that has a lot of Education students come in and do their practicums, or observations), while the 2nd floor has classrooms for Education students.

My practicum is with 3rd graders, and she stood OUTSIDE the door to my 3rd grade classroom waiting for me (we have name tags, and only have to show those to the desk to get in). She used to be an education major, but switched majors, therefore it wasn't too uncommon for her to be in there. I saw her and my heart immediately sank. I decided to just walk by her and ignore her. She saw me and started crying and trying to talk to me. I didn't say a word, but just walked into the classroom. My cooperating teacher asked her to leave, but all my students that were there had already seen it. They started bombarding me with questions, but I just stuck with, "It's nothing important right now. We can talk about it later, but we need to focus on our learning right now." But honestly, it killed me inside. I explained the situation to my cooperating teacher, and asked her to watch out for if she came back again. She said that she would and would ask her to leave if she saw her again.

I received a few text messages this weekend from her (and her roommate - that was extremely annoying), I got an insane amount of phone calls, and I got a ton of Facebook messages. Trevor and Emily also received quite a few as well. I worked all weekend, and threw myself into lesson plans and projects due. I also went and played a round of golf with some friends.

Today is really why I'm updating. I got a text from my ex at around 7.15p. She told me that she was pregnant and that it was mine. I screenshotted the conversation. I'm trying to stay calm, but if she truly is pregnant (and the baby is mine), then that throws a whole wrench into everything.

Can anybody give me some advice on what to do next? I'm trying to remain as calm as I can, but this is really big and I'm starting to freak out.

Thank you all!

Here's the text conversation:

Her: I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry that I messed up our future, but I think that we just got a second chance. I know that this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I'm pregnant. Maybe this is why I made my mistake.

Me: You can't use a pregnancy to explain cheating, it doesn't work like that. I want a pregnancy test. Not one from the store, but to actually go to the doctor and have them do that. If it turns out that you are pregnant, then I want a paternity test.

Her: Fine. I'll call the doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment. But if I am pregnant, can we have a second chance?

Me: No. All I want to know from you is when and where the appointment is.

She seems to calm for this to this to just be a joke. She's been bat-poo poo crazy for almost the past week, and now she's extremely calm. I'm honestly extremely scared.

tl;dr: Ex-SO waits outside my classroom for me and says that she's pregnant. What do I do next?

quote:

UPDATE2: I (22M) just walked in on my girlfriend (21F) of 7 years having sex with my roommate (22M).

Hey everybody. I've been asked multiple times for an update, but it's been super busy, and I actually have a little time today, so I thought I would update everybody on my situation.

My ex made a doctor's appointment for a couple of days after my last post. She sent me a text with the date and time, and asked me if I would be going with her; I told her that I wouldn't but that I wanted Emily to go with her. She straight up refused and said this was "our baby" and that if I didn't go, she would cancel the appointment and wait until I was ready to go. We argued for a little bit until I gave in. I told her that I would meet her there, and I would stay for the entire thing, but I was going to be stone silent the whole time unless the doctor asked me a question.

Her appointment was at 9.15 that morning, I showed up at 9.10 and sat across from her in the waiting room. The doctor called her back a couple of minutes later. They talked for a couple of minutes, she asked her some questions, and then she had her go to the restroom to pee in a cup (I made sure that her purse and everything stayed in the room - somebody warned me she would be crazy enough to buy a pregnant woman's pee and use that instead). After she gave the cup to the doctor, the doctor left and then she tried to talk to me. I sat there and ignored her and texted my friends until the doctor came back and confirmed that she was pregnant. I started shaking and tried to control my breathing, but my ex was so excited, and the doctor was excited with her. Then came the ultrasound, and my ex was roughly 11 weeks pregnant. After a couple of minutes, I excused myself and left. I texted her as I was leaving that before anything else happens, we're having a paternity test.

First off, Noninvasive Prenatal Testing is super expensive. I told her that I would pay for half, but that if the child wasn't mine, then she would have to pay me back for that. She told me that her parents were willing to pay for it. Her parents have more money than I would know what to do with. Like... millionaries money. I told her that my ex-roommate was taking the test as well. She said that he didn't need to and I snapped saying that, "I guess I can wait another 6 months. Because they won't put my name on the birth certificate until they prove I'm the father." She finally agreed with me and made him take the test as well.

There's a place around here that actually specializes in DNA testing, so we were able to get in just a couple days later. SHE BROUGHT HER MOM WITH HER! They told us that they would have the results in 10 days and that we could come pick them up or they could mail them to us, we said we would pick them up in person.

I was too nervous to go to the results. Emily and Trevor both went in place for me. According to them, my ex wasn't happy that I wasn't there and almost refused to let them see the results, but her mom told her that she could understand why I didn't want to be there.

I'll never forget that phone call from Emily

E (Emily): Hey!

M (Me): Well...?

E: You're not the dad! You should have seen the look on your ex-roommate's face though! He's the dad, I didn't make this clear. Sorry!

At this point I squealed like a little girl.

My ex attempted to text me later and I just ignored all of them. Both of her parents did text me though saying that they wish me well with teaching. That really meant a lot to me.

As for other things in my personal life... I've gotten a new apartment over by Trevor and Emily. My ex doesn't know where I live at the moment, her number is blocked, she's blocked on facebook, and everything else that I could think of to block her on.

I've joined a summer baseball league and I play for that 2 times a week. I'm volunteering in the preschool classrooms on campus in the mornings. My job is giving me more hours (requested). I'm taking 3 summer classes, and I'm the ASL tutor for the summer classes now that they have started. I also bought a bike, and now I ride that daily as well. I also got a kitty. His name is Jasper. And I read a lot more now. I realize that I wasn't reading as much as I normally did while I was with my ex, but I've gotten back to reading!

My friends are saying that I'm too busy now and that I have even less time than I did when I was with my ex. I like that. The busier I stay, the less I think about her, and the happier I am. There's a week between the summer classes that I'm tutoring this summer, and Emily, Trevor, Emily's best friend and I are going on a 5 day hiking/camping trip.

I want to say thank you for everybody that helped me through this. The support that you've all given me has really helped me. There are still the people that are saying "This isn't true", but I'm receiving a lot more positive support than negative.

No, Emily and I are not going to date. For the many people that have asked, I'm sorry to disappoint you and say that we're not. I don't see her in a romantic way, and I plan on staying single for a while.

I'll be finishing up my BS in Elementary Education this upcoming school year, and then I still need to decide whether to continue schooling and pursue my MS in Deaf Education and Deaf Studies, or whether I should start teaching.

I'm sorry, I had to take the link down of Jasper. I was reminded that you are not allowed to post links.

tl;dr: She is pregnant! But I'm NOT THE DAD! Now to move on with my life

quote:

My ex (23f) has moved closer to me (24m) with the baby from the guy she cheated on me with and won't leave me alone.

Posted on my teacher account. I'm sorry. So I'm posting it again under this account. I apologize.

I don't know what flair to use, so I'm using infidelity.

I'm not updating a previous story. If you need background, please read my last posts about this. This is a new problem.

I moved closer to home (about an hour away) so that I could help my parents (my dad is sick) and because I got a job. I teach 1st grade.

I came home from school one day and saw a letter taped to my door. Not in my mailbox, but taped to the door, so I took it inside and read it. It was from my ex. It included a long 4 page letter giving me reasons why I should take her back, and why we are great together. There were also multiple pictures of the baby who is not mine.

First, I have no idea how she figured out where I live. Second, she moved closer to here hoping that I would take her back. I asked Trevor and Emily and they said that her place was now up for rent, so she's not there anymore. The post office won't just tape stuff to your door, so she had to have done it.

She has called my school twice, pretending to be a parent of a child in my class. Once, I got called to the office to take the call. The second time, the secretary asked her to stop calling the school (after I informed her and the principal of the situation). I gave both of them a picture of her so that they won't buzz her in.

I live in a house, and not an apartment building or anything, so there's not really much I can do. I can let my landlord know about it, but he's not often over here, so he wouldn't know if she's here. My other neighbors work during the day, so I don't think they would notice if she was here. I do plan on letting them know just in case though since one of them does have a spare key to my house.

I informed my parents of what's going on, but they said that she hasn't been by their house, so that's a relief. My 2 best friends don't live here to help, so that stinks. Plus, most of the friends that I've made are other teachers at the school and I don't want to burden them with this, especially since I'm new.

I'm VERY CLOSE to getting a restraining order, but I don't know how to go about it, or how to get her served with one since I don't know exactly where she is.

I'm afraid that she's going to drive by the school and try to come up to me while I'm outside at recess, or attempt to add parents of the kids that I teach on facebook. I don't want this to destroy my career, so I'm completely stumped on what to do. I have no idea how she knew where I moved to, or anything.

I haven't heard from her in months, so I thought that all was going well, and then this happens.

The girl that I'm talking to is furious (not with me), and wants to help, but she doesn't know how. Plus, I would prefer for them never to meet.

Is there any advice on what I should do?

tl;dr: Ex has moved closer to where I live. Taped a letter to my door. Keeps trying to get us back together. Has called the school twice. Considering a restraining order. Unsure of what to do next.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gaunab posted:

Here's a little r/relationships novella

Fake; nobody gets a permanent full-time teaching job right out of college these days

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I was really happy for him moving on, but yea this looks like restraining order type of stuff. Poor guy, he seems to be handling it like a champ. Also dating from 14-21, egad.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

quote:

My ex (23f) has moved closer to me (24m) with the baby from the guy she cheated on me with and won't leave me alone.
UPDATE: My ex (23f) boiled a rabbit in my(24m) house, which is weird considering I didn't own a rabbit.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm (M26) planning on breaking up with my (F23) girlfriend of over 3 years but I need her to hate me.

quote:

I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years but I've decided, for a number of reasons, that's it's time for me to move on. The problem is that I don't want her to get hung up on me, I want her to move on and live her life. She has a bright future ahead of her and I don't want her to give up on it because I broke up with her.
It needs to be a clean break, I dont want her to have lingering feelings for me as it would only make her life harder. The only way I can see this happening is by getting her to absolutely despise me. How do I accomplish this? I've considered telling her that I cheated since I know that would work. And yes I know how messed up this all sounds, but the truth is I don't know what else to do.
I'm planning on waiting until after the holidays so I have time.
TL;DR I'm going to break up with my girlfriend but she has to hate me so it can be a clean break.

ooo another good one

[21M] what to do when you're not affectionate, don't smile much, and somewhat "blunt"?

quote:

Since I was like 12 people have accused me of being constantly angry or unhappy, I never smiled that much as a child. I'm not constantly angry or unhappy I just don't want to smile unless I feel like it or there's something worth smiling about. I hear people whining about how I 'have a stick up my arse' or ask me if I'm okay all the time. Otherwise I get people who are like 'can you do me a favour? Smile more' or say 'someone needs to smile' then when I look at them they quickly look away or deny they're being snide when I ask them how me not smiling is affecting their life.
Also when people try hug me I almost on impulse put my hand up between us and say 'no' especially by the fact I don't like people touching me. I also cannot hide when I do not like someone, I don't personally go out of my way to be nasty and at work I try remain civil but when they try pretend being nice to me, start being passive aggressive to me, or say rude things to me I usually say something to them which apparently makes me bad. To mention people have this thing in their head about me that it's okay to insult me because 'I can take it' but if I say something back that upsets someone being rude to me I'm in the wrong.
I occasionally get people come up to me and ask "do you like me?" and I'll say yes or no depending if I like or dislike them. Their question is already stupid but if I say 'yes' people act like I must be in love with that person because I said I like them and if I say I dislike them I'm being mean, yet they're asking. I cannot pretend to like someone, I also cannot hide when I find something stupid or annoying.
Sometimes I think people must be paranoid if they think me not smiling means I'm unhappy, angry, or bored. But even when I was younger about 4 or 5 in long car trips I would stare out the window and not talk where my mother would constantly tap my shoulder and ask me if I was okay- however as far as I was concerned I was never upset. I don't know why people constantly want me to be smiling or want to hug or touch me, or why they ask questions they don't want the answer to. Yet I absolutely hate being told to smile especially at work, I'm not paid to smile nor would I smile on command- that's when I actually do get annoyed or angry and certainly am not going to be smiling.
tl;dr: people constantly think I'm unhappy and nasty when I'm not

Some choice quotes:

quote:

I want to be treated the way I treat others which ultimately leaving them alone, I don't run up and hug them from behind or try find out their life story- trying to find out their personal details. I don't understand why as human beings we have to entertain each other.
Also I don't like sex and I get along fine with my managers.

quote:

Why do I need to pretend to like someone? That's shallow and makes them hang around you more. Also it's not like they pretend to like you, I said I try remain civil yet when they start I'll say something back otherwise they will keep going, I have no reason to pretend to like them

quote:

Promotions are from hard work not smiling and acting how you want, if your manager is so pathetic that they would turn over a hard worker for someone that smiles a lot, so be it. It's the manager's choice to destroy the business.
:spergin:

Anony Mouse fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 5, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Anony Mouse posted:

I'm (M26) planning on breaking up with my (F23) girlfriend of over 3 years but I need her to hate me.

What an ego on this dude where he assumes she's gonna be obsessed with him afterwards.

Don't wreck her trust in future partners by lying about cheating. Just break up. Say it's cause of feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have a terrible personality with no warmth or empathy. How can I score a faultlessly loyal supermodel who will also do my laundry?