Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The minecraft elements soured me on the new ME. I do hope MvC does end up on the Switch, tho.

MvC: Infinite is SFxT reskinned so it's guaranteed poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In honesty, I haven't seen any of the trailers for the new Mass Effect. I just know Mass Effect fans are unhappy because the blue sex woman is ugly in this game, and apparently it's super important to the plot that she be hot.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

They haven't even shown off gameplay yet.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Guy Goodbody posted:

In honesty, I haven't seen any of the trailers for the new Mass Effect. I just know Mass Effect fans are unhappy because the blue sex woman is ugly in this game, and apparently it's super important to the plot that she be hot.

I kinda got off the Mass Effect train when 2 didn't really hook me and 3 looked like it just turned into Gears of Star Wars. I'll probably give Andromeda a shot since it looks like they're going for a fresh start.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Reiley posted:

Rest assured, everyone. The console shortage crisis of the Gamecube generation is a thing of the past... we've heard your concerns, and are working hard to deliver a fine Switch console to every waiting household. ;)

*sound of a window pane breaking*
Oh, mine came early!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

greatn posted:

It'll do worse than watch_dogs 2 cause gamers hated the last one and they don't care if the next one is better.

Same thing that happened with Assassin's Creed. After unity, effectively dead.

Yeah, you're right, they never made Syndicate, ported the Ezio Collection to current consoles or have a major studio movie starring Fassbender out this month or have another game out next year

Mass Effect Andromeda will do just fine

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There is enough of a delay between ME 3 and Andromeda that it might not have that same effect.

And enough people liked ME besides the ending it'll likely be fine.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I look forward to Mass Effect Andromeda's release on all major platforms - PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I look forward to all of Nintendo's great games on the Nintendo Switch.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
was playing twilight princess with my daughter the other day, wii version

that 2006 game has better gameplay and story than the 3 mass effect combined

(and music)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I look forward to Mass Effect Andromeda's release on all major platforms - PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

This joke gets made like once a week in any Nintendo thread.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SilverSupernova posted:

They haven't even shown off gameplay yet.

Yes they did, it was part of Capcom Cup last night.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

TheScott2K posted:

friend of mine told me square enix just released a jpop simulator on ps4 and xbox one which, apparently, was very bad even after 7 years of development

is that one of the aaa games we won't see on switch

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 5, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kawabata posted:

friend of mine told me square enix just released a jpop simulator on ps4 and xbox one which, apparently, was very bad even after 7 years of development

Ya got a dumb friend there, bud

It owns, actually

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kawabata posted:

"Video games sure do suck" -person posting in a video game forum

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

Ya got a dumb friend there, bud

It owns, actually

i've seen a gameplay vid where three jpop idols were fighting a grey crocodile

at some point the blonde guy told his friend "badass, bro!" and "you're a prince - the prince of PAIN!"

after warping everywhere with the same button, then evading all the crocodiles attack with the same button, the battle was won

the trio disappeared riding chocobos into the sunset - yeah I can understand how that game could own

TheScott2K posted:

"ffXV is all videogames" -a mentally disabled person

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 5, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

There are more console warriors in Nintendo threads than anywhere else

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

welcome to the games subforum

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kawabata posted:

"ffXV is all videogames" -a mentally disabled person

You brought up FFXV as a representative example of all AAA games so yea i guess you are a mentally disabled person.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

You brought up FFXV as a representative example of all AAA games so yea i guess you are a mentally disabled person.

no, I said ffXV is one of the many (not all!) "aaa games" I'm not looking forward to on the switch, it's very different my good friend

you sound like the kind of guy who has trouble doing the platforming parts of uncharted 4

nathan reaches out with his arm whenever he's close to the right ledge, hth

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soul Glo posted:

There are more console warriors in Nintendo threads than anywhere else

I'm proud of my choices.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kawabata posted:

no, I said ffXV is one of the many (not all!) "aaa games" I'm not looking forward to on the switch, it's very different my good friend

you sound like the kind of guy who has trouble doing the platforming parts of uncharted 4

nathan reaches out with his arm whenever he's close to the right ledge, hth

What did the X and the V do that was special enough to warrant you reaching your Pringles dust-encrusted digit over to the shift key just for them?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theres no jpop in ffxv

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You guys don't deserve the first console for extroverts, you all are posting like a bunch of introverts!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What's the deal with FFXV anyway, my Twitter feed is full of people just posting screens of four anime looking dudes standing in a desert with captions like "MY BOYS" and I don't get it.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Tender Bender posted:

people just posting screens of four anime looking dudes standing in a desert with captions like "MY BOYS".

Yah that's the game

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

s.i.r.e. posted:

???

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Just ignore him. People are butthurt because Infinite is a reboot and not Marvel 4.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Tender Bender posted:

What's the deal with FFXV anyway, my Twitter feed is full of people just posting screens of four anime looking dudes standing in a desert with captions like "MY BOYS" and I don't get it.

The game has automated screenshot feature with Twitter support so you can upload random pics the game takes for you.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

What did the X and the V do that was special enough to warrant you reaching your Pringles dust-encrusted digit over to the shift key just for them?

I like my roman numerals like that. Unfortunately I haven't eaten Pringles in forever.

But to elaborate a bit on the AAA games thing: I would be very sad if games like the Dark Souls were not ported to the Switch. Other than them, what I consider AAA today are MOBAs (including Overwatch, a cool new moba with guns!) some of the best indie stuff, most Nintendo games and little else. This is all very arbitrary but being a pretty old gamer I don't like the fact that there's a whole new generation of spectacular, high budget products with the most soul-crushingly monotonous gameplay. It's been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere too, by some of the best people in the business: while games can definitely affect you emotionally they might not be the right media for complex stories or Hollywood-level spectacle. Go write a book or direct a movie if you're that good.

Now the Mass Effect series is almost decent cinema material (except portions of the third and obviously the ending) but as a game, heh. It doesn't do anything great. I think few developers come close to having "story", spectacle and gameplay at the same time, like Kojima with the latest MGS, while others (like Nintendo) are more conservative and go for gameplay first and foremost. Consequently, few other games feel as good to actually play as Nintendo games do.

This is why I'm not looking forward to most AAA stuff on Switch, and I suppose at least some of the other Nintendo die-hard fans agree with me.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 5, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TheScott2K posted:

"Pringles dust"? Is that a thing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheetos got old hat

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

raditts posted:

Every time I eat non-original Pringles I'm surprised at how much dust they put out. I guess I'm alone on that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

raditts posted:

welcome to trump's america

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

welcome to trump's america

goddamn it not in here noooooooo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, you're right, they never made Syndicate, ported the Ezio Collection to current consoles or have a major studio movie starring Fassbender out this month or have another game out next year

Mass Effect Andromeda will do just fine

Syndicate was a flop and so will be the movie.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TheScott2K posted:

Every time I eat non-original Pringles I'm surprised at how much dust they put out. I guess I'm alone on that.
There are also Cheese Pringles, so it works

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres no jpop in ffxv

The protags in XV look like fancy boys who would sing asian songs for yen, was the premise of the joke, I believe.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

The protags in XV look like fancy boys who would sing asian songs for yen, was the premise of the joke, I believe.

whatever personality trait allows you to enjoy ffXV also prevents you from understanding jpop jokes about ffXV i'm afraid

but you can always google image jpop male singers, that would help

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Kawabata posted:

whatever personality trait allows you to enjoy ffXV also prevents you from understanding jpop jokes about ffXV i'm afraid

I got the joke so I will report back once I start playing and let everyone know if I enjoy the game. We'll know if this assertion holds water by the week's end, by god.

• Locked thread