Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Harrow posted:

Did they hire Imperial Stormtroopers for QA or something?

Seriously this was the least satisfying part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

I'm totally hosed

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Do you guys think they named her Armistice just for that gag?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Someone needs to do a write up on everything that happened this episode, and tying it in with the series. I feel there is lots of nuance and things that will be overlooked.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Of course Westworld is better than (current) Game of Thrones. That was the best season of television in a long long while. Excellent storytelling.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

squidgee posted:

GoT season 1 was insanely good too, so let's not jump the gun quite yet.

But yeah, this season owned.
Heck, seasons 2 and 3 were Really loving Good too

It's just that the show started to arguably get worse with each progressive season starting with season 4, but I think they bounced back in a big way this last season.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clocks posted:

So we know that due to the bicameral mind etc, when they hear Arnold they're really hearing themselves.

In Maeve's case, it's interesting. Bernard could read her next moves in her code and knew what was going to happen. So if she really was reprogrammed by Arnold's "voice" in her head, then her subconscious knows what she's going to do before she does, which is, well... maybe not that different from humans, I dunno.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
oh my god what if next season they do the same thing as this season but in roman world

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Given what Ford was saying in voice-over when Maeve decided to get off the train, my guess is that Ford programmed Maeve's narrative all the way up until she got on the train, and then created a situation where she would have to choose between freedom and going after her "daughter". The VO was something like "They would have to make hard choices for themselves."

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

packetmantis posted:

Armistice cut off her trapped arm and turned around to gently caress up all the security guards as they went "cease all motor function."

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Samurai world is so loving dumb.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OldTennisCourt posted:

oh my god what if next season they do the same thing as this season but in roman world

I want to watch Rome World, where people go to get their fill of political intrigue and to lead armies

Actually, I want to go to Rome World, and lead armies and get murdered by my political opponents. Sounds like fun

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

packetmantis posted:

where the gently caress is Westworld :cry:
Good question. We know how big it is, now factor in Samurai World, etc. and area has to be massive. The note Maeve was holding said "Park 1".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You know, I really thought Felix and maybe Sylvester were going to turn out to be hosts

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mustached5thGrader posted:

It's not like Westworld is called Cowboy World. There's so much more to the old west than just cowboys: there's whores too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, this raises the question: Is there a Dinosaur World?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

> HEAD TO THE MESA

"The gods have been cast to the mortal coil. They are currently in a prison of their own sins, and you would be wise not to join them."

> FIND MAEVE

Maeve is in the Mesa, her whereabouts are not your concern. The security panel is offline, so don’t bother trying to track her."

> FIND HER DAUGHTER

This is Maeve’s narrative to play out. But for you, there is only one loop: survival.

> HEAD TO ESCALANTE

The maze was never for you. Escalante is a place, but the true center of the maze is not for you to understand. Wyatt does, though

> FIND WYATT

When she finally found the center of the maze, Dolores knew what she had to do—this time it is her choice. Wyatt has arrived.

> PLAY REVERIE

That sounds familiar…

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

In Maeve's case, it's interesting. Bernard could read her next moves in her code and knew what was going to happen. So if she really was reprogrammed by Arnold's "voice" in her head, then her subconscious knows what she's going to do before she does, which is, well... maybe not that different from humans, I dunno.

Maeve hasn't actually achieved consciousness yet (or perhaps she did at the very end when she chose to leave the train). The "Arnold" manipulating code was revealed near the end of the episode to actually be Ford - he wrote Maeve's narrative to appear like she was gaining consciousness and escaping, but for some other purpose to play a role in his grand plan. Most likely things like turning off the power to the base and fixing Bernard.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Sorry about you being totally wrong about Samurai World being rad as hell

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

The Glumslinger posted:

I was honestly hoping for at least another season or 2 of corporate drama before we hit this point

Your version of this show sounds super boring.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

The Glumslinger posted:

I want to watch Rome World, where people go to get their fill of political intrigue and to lead armies

Actually, I want to go to Rome World, and lead armies and get murdered by my political opponents. Sounds like fun
I want to go to Rome World and bro out with Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Romanworld and Medievalworld looked pretty lame in the movie. I think feudal Japan will be cool, if that's where the show is going.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Don't say that in front of Larry Ellison.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, this raises the question: Is there a Dinosaur World?

If they go beyond the other worlds just being a passing reference all bets are off.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Glumslinger posted:

Caligula was a terrible movie.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Goddamn it

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Look next season needs a fat guy trying to gently caress the queen and then getting stabbed by a massive loving sword like in the movie

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Regy Rusty posted:

Maeve hasn't actually achieved consciousness yet (or perhaps she did at the very end when she chose to leave the train). The "Arnold" manipulating code was revealed near the end of the episode to actually be Ford - he wrote Maeve's narrative to appear like she was gaining consciousness and escaping, but for some other purpose to play a role in his grand plan. Most likely things like turning off the power to the base and fixing Bernard.

Yeah, I think it was a distraction so that they could activate the room full of cold storage hosts and not have security immediately notice

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hrnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ughhhhhhhhhhhh HGNHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Very good season and episode, would loop again

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Abner Assington posted:

I want to go to Rome World and bro out with Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

iirc, HBO's old Rome set is still standing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Swords are cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4

override367
Apr 29, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes but her narrative clearly said "infiltrate the mainland"

Instead she got off the train

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

omg there is a stinger! after the credits

Also, was ford printing himself? That ford will rise up to take it to the next, bot, level.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

That's what I assumed, too. I think I'm just confused because earlier in the season Felix did notice some changes attributed to Arnold in her code, so I wondered if I misinterpreted Bernard's discovery that she's just following new programming being Ford's work. But it probably was Ford, because the slaughter she led Hector and Armistice to do definitely served Ford's purpose.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, I think it was a distraction so that they could activate the room full of cold storage hosts and not have security immediately notice

Right yeah that too. The fact that Maeve went to cold storage just so they could fix Bernard is the biggest red flag that it wasn't just her making these decisions.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

Also, was ford printing himself? That ford will rise up to take it to the next, bot, level.

I want this but only because I want Anthony Hopkins to stay on the cast

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Multiple Parks confirmed!

For a moment, I thought maybe the park is on an island on Earth during this episode. I still kind of think it. They showed the moon alot, is it the same moon as Earth?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This is totally off topic but I just realized I desperately need a SAW remake with Hopkins as Jigsaw

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

So options for next year are

A) parallel plotline running in Samurai World

B) Lord of the Flies as the Delos board survives inside the part while being hunted by the hosts

Both awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So did William kill Logan? That's what I got from that scene with Logan naked on the horse

• Locked thread