Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah, see they dont give a poo poo about class, so its fine. well maybe one or two do, but they believe in bullshit like this. http://www.participatoryeconomics.info/

Really says everything that needs to be said about... this.

I recommend checking the file name for full effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

credo fuckin' mobile:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Part of their business model is using online petitions to gather data on potential customers.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

if you genuinely want an answer it came from the good and valid concept of 'it's good to try to support people who are normally shut out of the greater business world, be they minorities or just kinda situations like stay at home moms and poo poo'. Places like, say, Etsy and all started out really good for this, where you didn't have to rely on storefronts and politics around that aspect of selling your poo poo.

The problem came when people decided 'this is a decent way to try to do things' meant 'this is an inherently moral act' because the target audience of those places became upper middle class white people who felt that by patronizing them they somehow are buying a privilege indulgence or something.
you misunderstood my question. i didn't mean "when did buying goods and services from women and nonwhite people become a moral good," i meant "when did straight-up giving money to less privileged people become a moral good?" as in, stuff like this

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

you misunderstood my question. i didn't mean "when did buying goods and services from women and nonwhite people become a moral good," i meant "when did straight-up giving money to less privileged people become a moral good?" as in, stuff like this

Tatum Girlparts posted:

buying a privilege indulgence

the sort of people who work themselves into legitimately feeling guilty for being white are also the ones who immediately feel better after throwing some money at something that reaffirms their virtue

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fullhouse posted:

the sort of people who work themselves into legitimately feeling guilty for being white are also the ones who immediately feel better after throwing some money at something that reaffirms their virtue

The point of all those schemes is personal promotion. They're trying to denigrate all whites except themselves.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Really says everything that needs to be said about... this.

I recommend checking the file name for full effect.

im the guy in designer punk clothing

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

e: also fuckin lol 'I pay reparations' is the whitest shirt ever made

No it's not cuz we don't

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

ScrubLeague posted:

No it's not cuz we don't

We shouldnt

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

No it's not cuz we don't
looks like someone didn't buy a Safety Pin Box

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Onion is dead now

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

For the next four years the Onion will publish only sober, sincere news and opinion articles

And nobody will notice

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

can we lock the thread?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hattiesoykan/powerpoint-presentations-that-give-zero-fucks?bffbmain&ref=bffbmain&utm_term=.bw8mxAlO2a#.va84ev6MPa

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, this poo poo totally helped the lefts cause.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This is how people are falling for the safety pin poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's almost as if that young black woman's cause, and the cause of Democrats in national elections, aren't the same thing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

using buzzfeed is cheating. if you look there for five minutes you'll find twenty different half-baked tumblr "social justice" posts made into articles or listicles

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's almost as if that young black woman's cause, and the cause of Democrats in national elections, aren't the same thing.
if she had a cause that people gave a poo poo about, then we could be in business

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Dec 6, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why are we making fun of a random college student? She's fine lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also college students are not mega corporations spending money being woke. I'd rather see more #woke #brands.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, I was too distracted by White People Stay 😒 Colonizing 😒 to notice that it was part of a BuzzFeed listicle, meaning that the publishers of the masterpiece Can We Talk About How Woke Matt McGorry Was In 2015? have finally dug so deep they've ended up unknowingly celebrating criticism of themselves.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

credo fuckin' mobile:

They work for anti-union Sprint. Their competitor, AT&T, is union though. (Dissent)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think, of all the absolutely pointless comments, of all the shamelessly self serving things like safety pin boxes, and of all the spicy hot takes, this kinda poo poo is actually the most boring thing to possibly say.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

platzapS posted:

They work for anti-union Sprint. Their competitor, AT&T, is union though. (Dissent)
verizon also is union, although around my neck of the woods (NYC) they've had a few labor skirmishes recently

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3QyPeywCY

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

this but the worker seizing state power and the means of production instead of tacos

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The comparison to indulgence is dead on.

Turns out if you raise a generation without religion, they just direct those feelings to something else.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Ninety-Five Times Martin Luther Totally Called It In 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

jarofpiss posted:

this but the worker seizing state power and the means of production instead of tacos

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nonsense posted:

Also college students are not mega corporations spending money being woke. I'd rather see more #woke #brands.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Saw the actual letter show up in my fb feed as a sponsored post.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/02/1606235/-Penzey-Spice-s-Open-Letter-to-CEOs-of-America

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Best Giraffe posted:

Ninety-Five Times Martin Luther Totally Called It In 2016

to be fair it was the first viral list content

liked' and shared' across the german lands

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nonsense posted:

The #WokeBrand is how her University's board is probably filled with vampire capitalists or their endowment invests in Qatari slave workshops, but the woke students are the face of the university so the other stuff doesn't get criticized.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

It's called pay-pigging, and your husband may be doing it right now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the pussy sjws are at it again, bein' concerned about police violence

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

btw this is literally the thing "virtue signaling" was invented to describe, before internet videogamesmen turned it into something useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Also reminder that they don't pay taxes on this.

“The joke about Harvard is that it’s a hedge fund with a university attached to it,”