Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody got Stark'd.

Best day ever for William.

Armistice is gonna be a samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Right yeah that too. The fact that Maeve went to cold storage just so they could fix Bernard is the biggest red flag that it wasn't just her making these decisions.

She went there for Clementine, then found Bernard.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Cael posted:

So options for next year are

A) parallel plotline running in Samurai World

B) Lord of the Flies as the Delos board survives inside the part while being hunted by the hosts

Both awesome.

uhhhhh....year after next I'm afraid

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

SgtSteel91 posted:

So did William kill Logan? That's what I got from that scene with Logan naked on the horse

Wondering this too.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Next season is going to be the walkign dead: robot edition with the surviving humans in the park

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SgtSteel91 posted:

So did William kill Logan? That's what I got from that scene with Logan naked on the horse
I doubt the park would allow one of its guests to die of dehydration. Logan was probably picked up naked, sunburnt, thirsty and incredibly embarrassed a day or so later and never challenged William again.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Also why did Dolores kill Ford? Was it part of his narrative?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

I think he might have just set him up to be embarrassed in a way that will make it difficult for him to take control of Delos, while William marries Logan's sister and looks like the stable one.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
I'm still convinced Stubbs and Elsie are alive, or at least the writers wanted the option. No body = not dead, it's rule number one.

I'm surprised Maeve didn't run into Abernathy. Assuming that plot succeeded, I wonder what happens now. No board to follow up on it.

One question, what was Sizemore planning on doing in the basement?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Who cares??? Yea maybe, I guess but whatever. From that scnene I got the indication the Logan could have died from expousure for the next week or something. But really, like i said, who gives a poo poo right now? becuase it doesnt matter.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

I'm totally hosed

Um what is this and where do I signup? TIA

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
I assume Logan lived and told his sister what William was like in the park, and that's why she was afraid of William: William basically tortured her brother.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Factor Mystic posted:

I'm still convinced Stubbs and Elsie are alive, or at least the writers wanted the option. No body = not dead, it's rule number one.

I'm surprised Maeve didn't run into Abernathy. Assuming that plot succeeded, I wonder what happens now. No board to follow up on it.

Get Abernathy, which should explain why Maeve didn't run into him.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

JT Jag posted:

I doubt the park would allow one of its guests to die of dehydration. Logan was probably picked up naked, sunburnt, thirsty and incredibly embarrassed a day or so later and never challenged William again.

Except he wasn't in the park. William said they were at the boundary, and he sent him off the edge.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Samurai world would be fun if only to see all the guests being completely poo poo at real sword fighting. Not as easy as aiming a gun I imagine.

HOW DO KATANAS WORK???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

succ posted:

Also why did Dolores kill Ford? Was it part of his narrative?

Dolores finally achieved genuine consciousness and decided on her own that it was time to kill humans and free themselves. She started with Ford because he's the one who forced them to endure all this poo poo in the first place, even though it was for the ultimate purpose of freeing them. So it was part of his narrative in the sense that he figured it's what she would choose to do, but not in the sense that he programmed her to do it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mr. Nemo posted:

Samurai world would be fun if only to see all the guests being completely poo poo at real sword fighting. Not as easy as aiming a gun I imagine.

HOW DO KATANAS WORK???

Its probably a lot easier to look competent when your opponent is just there to make you feel like a badass

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yo is this the two scren epxiernce this show was offering???

Also, shout out to all the theory haters out there of whatever theroy: get hosed. everything was on the table lol

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Trash Trick posted:

Snake tattoo girl cutting her arm with a knife and keeping up the fight

Her name is Armistice, get it?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You know, I really thought Felix and maybe Sylvester were going to turn out to be hosts

If Ford was smart enough to program Maeve's escape, he could program selective ability to detect hosts.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

logan got rescued by a bunch of security personnel who insisted that, "this sort of thing happens all the time."

he and william spent an awkward train ride back together

logan gets inexplicably embarrassed and angry whenever anyone mentions westworld

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Factor Mystic posted:

He was supposed to jigger Abernathy to take crucial data out of the park, in case Ford tried to take Westworld with him in his retirement.

KoRMaK posted:

Um what is this and where do I signup? TIA

discoverwestworld.com

Prior to tonight, it was a promotional site for Westworld- had a map of the park, info for planning and pricing a trip, etc., and an AI named Aeden who would answer questions about the park.

there was also delosincorporated.com, but now that's completely FUBAR too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

He was supposed to jigger Abernathy to take crucial data out of the park, in case Ford tried to take Westworld with him in his retirement.

discoverwestworld.com

Prior to tonight, it was a promotional site for Westworld- had a map of the park, info for planning and pricing a trip, etc., and an AI named Aeden who would answer questions about the park.

there was also delosincorporated.com, but now that's completely FUBAR too

So there was no psuedo ssh-ing into it and ls -la ing files like its a unix server or something? I was hoping they did something in depth like that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

No, he did not.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

Kithkar posted:

Except he wasn't in the park. William said they were at the boundary, and he sent him off the edge.

Oooo, I hadn't put that together. So maybe Logan's sister was afraid of William because William and Logan went to Westworld but only William came back?.. And even after that, William buys Westworld? I might could buy that since we know that other people have died in the park before.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JT Jag posted:

It seems like the early park had far less surveillance

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Phi230 posted:

No, he did not.

Yes.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
http://www.delosincorporated.com/

anyone got the admin password?

Edit: Reverie hits something.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
William was talking about "his" company and how Logan's father was going to need a stable replacement for the wild loose cannon Logan so I think the implication is that yes, William was killing him off to steal the company from him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No wonder the board was so eager for a new story line, the central town was still the exact same it was 30 years earlier. WoW isn't even that bad

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://gfycat.com/ImmaculateSlowEastsiberianlaika

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Ford's apparent 35 year plan to reach consciousness with the hosts probably would have been accelerated if he didn't keep wiping their memories every few weeks. He probably could have done it in a couple months.

So much baffling in this last episode.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

Dr. Abysmal posted:

William was talking about "his" company and how Logan's father was going to need a stable replacement for the wild loose cannon Logan so I think the implication is that yes, William was killing him off to steal the company from him

Would that not count as having done "something truly evil"?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

KoRMaK posted:

So there was no psuedo ssh-ing into it and ls -la ing files like its a unix server or something? I was hoping they did something in depth like that.

I don't know what that means, but if you repeated certain phrases and poo poo to Aeden, he would act weird and give cryptic clues about what was in store

Like, if you told him "These violent delights have violent ends," he would have an electronic stroke, then act like you had just now shown up at the site

If you told him that 3 times, he would tell you that "Arnold is coming," and then he would reset like normal

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

I just want people to stop calling others retards for trying to have fun exploring ideas in a fantasy fictional narrative setting :smith:

KoRMaK posted:

nah, disagree but just dont be a dirtbag about it. a request too tall here i forgot

KoRMaK posted:

Yo is this the two scren epxiernce this show was offering???

Also, shout out to all the theory haters out there of whatever theroy: get hosed. everything was on the table lol

An amusing progression.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I dunno, I found that ending really disappointing.

Ford's master plan was to just copy what Arnold did but on a grander scale?

There was no conflict that the audience cared about. A character portrayed as being malevolent executed an extremely convoluted master plan effortlessly. Meanwhile some robots shot up some goons. Really flat and really dull in my opinion. I was convinced Elsie and Stubbs were going to thwart him. Nope.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

My question: What happened to the girl guest that was with Teddy when he went after Wyatt originally? She stayed behind when they got pinned down by the cannibals and then nothing happened. Was that her at the end with the rifle?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I would like to get a nice robot shave as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Delos incorporated site confirms Elsie still alive

• Locked thread