Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can't wait to see what the light equivalent to voidsent look like.

Please look forward to New Limbus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can't wait to see what the light equivalent to voidsent look like.

Cuchullain.

Seriously. He was a warrior of light, but absorbed too much primal energy/aether and helped create the flood of darkness which caused the void.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Cuchullain.

Seriously. He was a warrior of light, but absorbed too much primal energy/aether and helped create the flood of darkness which caused the void.

Where do you get this kind of lore? I don't recall it being brought up in Void Ark.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Where do you get this kind of lore? I don't recall it being brought up in Void Ark.

Lord book.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And it's basically a rehash of the lore behind Ivalice Cuchulainn anyway

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Man, while it's kind of dull while you still are leveling up, solo POTD is a ton of fun. Just cleared 130 on WAR and it's been this really great stealth dungeon crawler with a nice resource and time management challenge associated. Highly recommended.

Also I see why 130 is the end of so many DPS solo runs. gently caress that thing hits hard.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So what exactly are you meant to do as a tank when Ravana EX starts putting up his shields? You can't spin him, but surely you aren't supposed to just sit there and wait him out.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

So what exactly are you meant to do as a tank when Ravana EX starts putting up his shields? You can't spin him, but surely you aren't supposed to just sit there and wait him out.

That's exactly what you do. You should have a solid enough threat lead by that point that it doesn't matter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SonicRulez posted:

If you're a PLD cast a stoneskin on yourself or a clemency on someone else.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Use Flash? (I have never actually tanked Ravana but it would be pretty hilarious if Flash triggered the shields).

Alternately, be like some of the tanks I've wound up with who try to spin Ravana to keep Fell Cleaving and gently caress the dps on the logic that the mechanics don't matter and bugdad is gonna die either way.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

Sit there. Flash doesn't do any damage, so if you're a WAR, you can use that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The correct answer is do whatever the gently caress you want because you can kill him in like 2 minutes with an average geared and competent group.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Part of being a competent group is probably not causing everyone to get slowed just saying

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Only you get slowed if you attack the shield. Unless there's other people up front with you but why would they be since that's where the shield is??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ravana's shields are one of the ways the fight asks if you're paying attention. "Stop attacking for a handful of seconds if you're the tank" is pretty simple as far as demands go.

Also "stand still while people with clocks over their heads run at you."

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Only you get slowed if you attack the shield. Unless there's other people up front with you but why would they be since that's where the shield is??

I think slev was saying that the tank shouldn't run around and try to get a hit in because it'll gently caress up all the melee DPS. Although the fact that the counterattack is called Revengeance is pretty great.

(As a caster, hitting the Third Demiurge with Kemono up for the first time was pretty unpleasant.)

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Because hitting the shield also knocks you back, making ravana move and potentially loving melee over.

If you are using something like tempered will then whatever but otherwise I can't really predict the tank is going to get knocked back and suddenly I'm no longer flanking.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

I'm still not sure why you'd choose to slow yourself and take some extra damage though...

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The only thing harder than pressing buttons is not pressing buttons.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Can I migrate/recover the installation when I reinstall windows? Instead of redownloading the whole thing.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
Preserve everything in the "game" folder and transplant it after the launcher is installed in the new location. You'll also want to keep the FFXIV folder inside My Games if you want to keep your hotbars/settings/screenshots/whatever.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

sweet, thanks

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My group was certainly not competent. There were like 3 new people (in a farm party!) and 2 were DPS. Who for some reason forgot how the game works and ran to stand behind me. Ravana killed them in the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SonicRulez posted:

My group was certainly not competent. There were like 3 new people (in a farm party!) and 2 were DPS. Who for some reason forgot how the game works and ran to stand behind me. Ravana killed them in the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Whenever I get ramuh ex on mentor roulette I've started putting the B&C markers at the front of his hitbox a little bit bigger than the cleave aoe and tell dps/healers to stay away from that area. I'll still kill at least 2-3 of them with the cleave because people can't pay attention.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone want to do Palace of the Dead 51-100 and however far we get beyond today?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

Preserve everything in the "game" folder and transplant it after the launcher is installed in the new location. You'll also want to keep the FFXIV folder inside My Games if you want to keep your hotbars/settings/screenshots/whatever.

You may have just saved my life. Did the fresh install on my new SSD (these load times are civilization) but I have to redo everything. Hope this will fix that.

Duncecap
Jul 30, 2003

I lost my phone and got a new one and never bothered logging my emergency code anywhere for the one time passwords. Is my only option contacting the support center? Is there anything I should have handy for when I finally get to talk to someone tomorrow?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Duncecap posted:

Is there anything I should have handy for when I finally get to talk to someone tomorrow?

A notepad to write down your next removal code on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrD9WPkX9pQ

This is a thing that's happening.

https://www.astagereborn.com/canary/

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Duncecap posted:

I lost my phone and got a new one and never bothered logging my emergency code anywhere for the one time passwords. Is my only option contacting the support center? Is there anything I should have handy for when I finally get to talk to someone tomorrow?

I had that happen once and all chat support asked for was my basic personal info that's on my account. Someone else I know got the run around so it probably depends on the CS rep you get.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Duncecap posted:

My roommate had to do this recently and the phone support rep told her that you can use the online chat function for that now instead of having to call.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anoia posted:

I had that happen once and all chat support asked for was my basic personal info that's on my account. Someone else I know got the run around so it probably depends on the CS rep you get.

Probably based on whether or not their supervisors have been checking calls/chats for proper identity verification procedure because in most positions like that, a single gently caress up will end up with you getting fired more often than not.

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

Hey thread, I'm starting too make my first Reconditioned Anima Weapon for my Dragoon, but I'm not exactly sure what stats I need to focus on. I know Accuracy is pretty important, but what should I focus the most?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
always crit

never not crit

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Kuvo posted:

always crit

never not crit

And det if crit isn't an option.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Coughing Hobo posted:

My roommate had to do this recently and the phone support rep told her that you can use the online chat function for that now instead of having to call.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. New phone, hadn't logged in for a while and lost the emergency removal code. Used chat and they removed the authenticator after asking for some basic info.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I think this sounds awesome!

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Is anyone in the guild able to bring people in? Sallymae Elliot on Midgardsormr. I'm in Limsa, and just started and wanting to join the goon fc.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Raid group now is on its 2nd week of A11s after having 9/10 on easy farm status. DPS check feel so much higher trying to get through pillar phase and starting to wonder how much of a difference class comp makes at this point. Running pld/war/sch/ast/brd/nin/mnk/blm.

I feel like we'd get a lot more group dps if I leveled drg instead of playing mnk but don't really enjoy drg and feel we shouldn't have to treat a specific class as near-mandatory for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I've been reading the Christianity Thread in A&T and it got me wondering if anyone made a character that looked like Martin Luther and played through the 3.0 MSQ in that look?

• Locked thread