Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
EG gonna tie with NP lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

steakmancer posted:

im insanely against rubick as a pick but zfreek definitely put on a clinic on that hero

rubick rools, invoker drools

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What was the point of group stages if it's single elimination anyway

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

I would think seeding is even more important in single elim?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Wezlar posted:

Should have rigged the ballot selection, FIFA style

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just pick names from a hat

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Wezlar posted:

Not when in the double elim half the teams get seeded straight into the lower bracket.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Having a group stage where nobody gets dropped in a single elimination tournament is really dumb.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

having 4 different groups in a single elim is stupid

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Except the Group stage brackets don't appear to be seeded so Valve's already hosed up there.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Kild posted:

having 4 different groups in a single elim is stupid

If it was a round robin BO2 I wouldn't mind these kind of groups for seeding, (especially because you can take map score and make an overall rank of teams' performance and seed 1-16) but this is really stupid. LGD gets a top seed without playing EG at all. iG.V loses two close BO3's and now has to play the tournament favorite (VP). If teams that finish fourth can upset the first ranked teams, they arguably have an advantage over the 2nd/3rd seeds because they will have less games for the other teams to analyze.

This type of group is fun in Starcraft GSL because you have four players in quick matches, you're guaranteed different racial matchups, and losing the loser's game or the last game means you drop down a whole ranking so it's very meaningful. It's not fun here at all.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
These types of groups work really well in CSGO where you send the 2 shittest teams home and then do single-elim bo3s with 8 teams :shrug:

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Rip EG last place lmao

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

more like dICK posted:

Rip EG last place lmao

spiritually TSM is always in last place, so they can take solace in that :unsmith:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Imagine a professional Defense of the Ancients 2 team losing 2 best of 3 series to Complexity in one day.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

to screw over EG

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Imagine having a team with Zai, Cr1t, Arteezy, Universe and Sumail and being completely incapable of properly drafting and team fighting, which ultimately leads you to lose two best of 3s to Complexity in one day.

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger
Anyone wanna talk about why CoL is prioritizing leshrac so hard and no one else is at all? Is Lesh actually good and no one knew it but swindlemelonzz!?

I mean, he was one of the least popular heroes for the entire patch and now he's getting 1st picked by CoL. Is it just a player thing? It seems like zfreek on rubick is more standout and impactful.

I'm trying to figure out the lesh pick. It isn't one of the versatile openers (like SK or mirana) where you can kinda lane (or jungle) them all over....lesh is either a 2 or a 4....and cancel doesn't play lesh. Is swindles only good (err decent) on a couple heroes including lesh?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Lesh hs a stun and a slowing nuke and can kite well, but that's about all I've got. Lesh is not winning these games for coL, zfreek is.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The chaotic events of global warming has empowered Leshrac. Beware

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Zurreco posted:

Lesh hs a stun and a slowing nuke and can kite well, but that's about all I've got. Lesh is not winning these games for coL, zfreek is.

He's a support that can hit buildings as well.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
How many teams with RTZ on them need to become dumpster tier before teams stop trading away arms and legs to have him on their team?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

EG lost 2 bests of 3s in one day to a team that had Swindle and Monkeys Forever.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

EG lost 2 bests of 3s in one day to a team that had Swindle and Monkeys Forever.

you keep posting this as if its a bad thing

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I basically can't process it and am having a slight meltdown

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mikeraskol posted:

Imagine having a team with Zai, Cr1t, Arteezy, Universe and Sumail and being completely incapable of properly drafting and team fighting, which ultimately leads you to lose two best of 3s to Complexity in one day.

Imagine having a team without PPD doing all of these things, and it starts to make sense.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Bracket predictions are out in the client but you can only access them through the messages icon in the top right and not through the Compendium itself.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
There is no shame to lose to a team who has the finest mid player of Romania playing for them.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

its almost like ppd was the reason for EG's success all along !

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's almost like drafting is really important unless you are Wings Gaming and can just pick whatever

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I don't think EG's drafting has been great but man their team fight execution has just been awful as well. Which doesn't seem to make sense given the players on the squad, but maybe they just aren't coming together well.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
PPD had his own problems drafting against aggressive teamfight/push strats. Back in TI4, in what was at the time the biggest series of his career, he produced two inexplicable drafts that both sunk without a trace to miss the grand final.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/787871901
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/787943161

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Remember EG.mason? good times.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Kainser posted:

it's kinda wild seeing how the VG roster has split compared to how EG is back together (notable toxic exception aside)

Majuju fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 6, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

more like dICK posted:

He's a support that can hit buildings as well.

Chen is a better support pick HE CAN DO IT ALL

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kainser posted:

hahaha yeah i do lol. good times.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kainser posted:

:member:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

botany posted:

hahaha yeah i do lol. good times.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I'm in boston. Gonna walk around Chinatown, maybe I'll run into envy.
Also gently caress boston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Zurreco posted:

he's maxing edict the thing that turns an early fight win into guaranteed towers and mid game tier 3 pushes into raxes hth

• Locked thread