Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It's just, having grown up in Louisville, watching the Indiana barbarians cross the Ohio and act like deplorables in my fine city, that makes me feel like dying in Indiana would be the greatest insult I could suffer. Really, I'm just a city boy so if I'm going to die from the apocalypse, I'd rather get it over with immediately in Chicago or D.C. or anywhere else.

I went to college in rural Indiana (from Louisville) and I almost died from drinking to forget I was in Indiana

E: beppe grillo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

yeah like we have with school shootings lol
more die driving in a month than all school shootings combined

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I actually wasn't really worried about the earth as an object or the existence of some form of life

I'm pretty attached to the species "humanity", for sentimental reasons

this is probably a mistake

like getting attached to a snowman or mstg

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Do we still have a country, and if yes can we stop already

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

I went to college in rural Indiana (from Louisville) and I almost died from drinking to forget I was in Indiana

I love that "college campus that still hasn't escaped rural shithole experience" doesn't even narrow anything down in my stupid state

Bloomington is great, not sure why Purdue and Ball State and the rest ended up succumbing to Meth Proliferation Syndrome

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I don't trust most people to get my fast food order right, but somehow every time I drive I'm perfectly okay trusting those same people to not violate the social contract that says "don't pilot your enormous death machine on the left side of this double line".

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
loving Vigo County going for Trump in Indiana was the first ill omen on election day :rip:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

AceRimmer posted:

Did you read the book before watching the movie? I think that made me enjoy it a lot more than I would have otherwise.
ironically the movie changes a few scenes to make alex much less irredeemable and then changes the ending so he isn't redeemed

kubrick is massively over-rated too

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Meth is for 90s kids. Contemporary youth are on adderall

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dairy Days posted:

nobody is nuking anyone and china wont and cant do anything about trump saying things on twitter
why is everyone freaking out about nukes

nukes are silly and fun! :toot:

trump is real and lame :smith:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

kubrick is massively over-rated too
I don't know, that Moon landing movie was pretty good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AceRimmer posted:

I don't know, that Moon landing movie was pretty good

so unconvincing that even tinfoil hobos see through it

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
I will admit that I don't care for 2001 at all, I'm a bad nerd I guess

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

is bepo grillo the new ed balls

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

AceRimmer posted:

I will admit that I don't care for 2001 at all, I'm a bad nerd I guess

it needed an editor who would have stood up to Kubrick, it drags in so many places

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

first time I watched 2001 I did so super high thinking it would blow my mind, but actually I fell asleep

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
My comfort with nukes is I know 100% won't live through it and will be vaporized instantly

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

first time I watched 2001 I did so super high thinking it would blow my mind, but actually I fell asleep

I mean, that tends to happen when they have a 20 minute scene that involves playing the entire Blue Danube Waltz while a ship docks in a space station.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

A clockwork orange is amazing. Alex sticks to his guns and never stops being an irredeemable sociopath. He doesn't give up and after a series of trials he wins in the end.

The film is really about the importance of being true to yourself

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lol @ this thread, y'all never seen a cold war

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Epic High Five posted:

I love that "college campus that still hasn't escaped rural shithole experience" doesn't even narrow anything down in my stupid state

Bloomington is great, not sure why Purdue and Ball State and the rest ended up succumbing to Meth Proliferation Syndrome

lafayette is obv b/c of the blacks coming down from (((chicago)))

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Epic High Five posted:

DePauw, which Princeton consistently ranks as top 10 in "Strained Town and Gown Relations"

Alma Mater of J. Danforth Quayle

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

nobody is nuking anyone and china wont and cant do anything about trump saying things on twitter
why is everyone freaking out about nukes

USA gave the Taiwanese prez a visa in the 90s and in response China threatened a missile crisis

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

a) youtubeeee
b) honestly if a nuke hits indiana you got no chance anyhow, society can get hosed with even a small conflict. like, if we're gonna fight with china, everything will be hosed due to that. like, plan for the likelyest disasters, maybe its tornados, or earthquakes, or fires. Or even someone falling down the stairs. Solve the more likely little problems first, if a nuke hits indiana you (and I) will be hosed so much its not worth thinking about.

Just buying a first aid kit will help you, next time you cut/burn yourself cooking, use it! Take a first aid course (I have)

i am not drunk OR frozen!!

its not even that cold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFo84MVbVQ8

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

lafayette is obv b/c of the blacks coming down from (((chicago)))

I should hack the original "Echo" plugin to put the three parentheses around absurd keywords and people

(((Cheeseburger))) and fries
American (((Football)))
(((Breitbart)))

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just chewed up a whole habanero pepper for a few secs before i realized what it was ow ow ow ow ow ow oh god

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Oiled and Ready posted:

I should hack the original "Echo" plugin to put the three parentheses around absurd keywords and people

(((Cheeseburger))) and fries
American (((Football)))
(((Breitbart)))

https://twitter.com/dril/status/747822549069926400

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

i just chewed up a whole habanero pepper for a few secs before i realized what it was ow ow ow ow ow ow oh god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRG6rLzWpI

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Al! posted:

I was eating jalapenos once and rubbed my eye afterwards...on the highway, that was fun

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

I don't trust most people to get my fast food order right, but somehow every time I drive I'm perfectly okay trusting those same people to not violate the social contract that says "don't pilot your enormous death machine on the left side of this double line".

My dad lent his car to a neighbor from time to time because he was poor(er) and needed to run some errands and then one day the neighbor went into a diabetic coma while driving, flipped the car and died. Nobody else in the wreck but I was like twelve and felt bad for the guy and his family and my dad since they had become friends but I also thought "Wow, it's that easy to just accidentally kill a bunch of people."

Sometimes when I am driving down two-lane country roads I like to think about the window of time for the oncoming car to have a stroke and not kill me in the process. Driving is loving dumb and I hate that our country is rigged so that it's the only way to get anywhere.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

habaneros aren't so bad but I'm not sure why you felt compelled to do this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wow this cooling fatty beverage sure helped me deal with this spicy food........ what did you call it again??? (looks down at carton gripped in own hand in horror)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

My dad lent his car to a neighbor from time to time because he was poor(er) and needed to run some errands and then one day the neighbor went into a diabetic coma while driving, flipped the car and died. Nobody else in the wreck but I was like twelve and felt bad for the guy and his family and my dad since they had become friends but I also thought "Wow, it's that easy to just accidentally kill a bunch of people."

Sometimes when I am driving down two-lane country roads I like to think about the window of time for the oncoming car to have a stroke and not kill me in the process. Driving is loving dumb and I hate that our country is rigged so that it's the only way to get anywhere.

same but move-in week with all the suburbanites unfamiliar with the concept of "one way streets"

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

get a job in a pharmacy with a drive through and watch people in cars pick up medications that cause severe impairment all day every day... i am defensive as gently caress when driving

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh thank god it was just half and half

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoondick posted:

get a job in a pharmacy with a drive through and watch people in cars pick up medications that cause severe impairment all day every day... i am defensive as gently caress when driving

"I need this prescription immediately, I am on my way to the airport for a flight and am running late"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

same but move-in week with all the suburbanites unfamiliar with the concept of "one way streets"

ugh are bloomington campus streets a clusterfuck too

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Al! posted:

oh thank god it was just half and half

did you check the expiration date

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Al! posted:

one time i made chili with 12 habaneros not knowing how hot they were... i brought most of it to a super-bowl party and was deemed an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

I will do my best to time vacations for move-in week because I moved back to Detroit (from Bloomington) that week and Jesus Christ I hated everything about it. The worst was trying to get some poo poo at Target and there are all these parents and their kids moving around slow as poo poo and mom is like "Oh, honey, these organizers can be really useful." and I just want to go "Odds are she's going to dropout so just get the bare minimum of poo poo so you don't have to help her move it into your basement in December."

• Locked thread