Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Why not just use shears that's what we always used for quail. For chickens as well really. Prolly a lot easier than tearing off their heads with your bear hands christ are you a bogan
these are newly-hatched chicks, they're not exactly tough. this one prolapsed, its guts were hanging out and i didn't want to make it wait until i found the shears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Avshalom posted:

these are newly-hatched chicks, they're not exactly tough. this one prolapsed, its guts were hanging out and i didn't want to make it wait until i found the shears

That makes sense I guess

Two of my cousins when they were younger fought over holding a baby chick and tore it in half.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
dadchat: come for uspol closing, stay for avian death stories

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it was a bit of an upsetting thing to come home to but the important thing is that we now have a new black-breasted red araucana chick, aureliano rano, and he's doing great

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Do you raise for meat or eggs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
eggs and entertainment tbh

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Two of my cousins when they were younger fought over holding a baby chick and tore it in half.
lithuanians

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Avshalom posted:

eggs and entertainment tbh

I really wanna raise quail again ,but they are poo poo ot just have around because they are skittish assholes

Chickens at least are too retarded to know you are eating their young and will let you pet / hold them plus they have personality other than "PECK"

Avshalom posted:

lithuanians

Yes

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i really miss my goats and will be planning my longterm existence to allow for more goats in my future

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
lol, someone went and tried to shoot up the pizzagate location so that they would reveal the truth

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Meal trip report: no booze but suits served us all. Prime rib was acceptable. I wouldn't pay for it in a restaurant but I'd eat it. Had cheesecake, the one true king of baked goods.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mustached Demon posted:

Meal trip report: no booze but suits served us all. Prime rib was acceptable. I wouldn't pay for it in a restaurant but I'd eat it. Had cheesecake, the one true king of baked goods.

no details on the sides? incomplete report

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no details on the sides? incomplete report

My mistake.

Mashed potatoes were garlicky and good. Gravy was meh but I'm not a fan of brown/beef gravy. Green beans had actual chunks of garlic in them. Roll was a roll.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

How was the feigning of the importance of employees ?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Is it true that American cheesecake is served with Kraft "cheese" in a can instead of whipped cream?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

VP dude carving up the beef called me sir. It was weird.

I'm more impressed with the 8 or so suits that came in on a Sunday night. Plus we got stock options on Friday woooo. My company loyalty's totally for sale.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Randler posted:

Is it true that American cheesecake is served with Kraft "cheese" in a can instead of whipped cream?

I prefer huckleberry topping.

Actual cheesecake, around here at least, is made with eggs, sugar, and Philly cream cheese.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
why does the nfl punish players who demonstrate any kind of emotion? is it because black men displaying their feelings scares america?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

merry exmarx posted:

none (until they leave politics), that would obviously be a giant conflict of interest if not outright corruption

Trick question, I couldn't name an NZ company if you put a gun to my head

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why does the nfl punish players who demonstrate any kind of emotion? is it because black men displaying their feelings scares america?

No Fun League

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

Someone probably does this, yeah. America still has a ton of that regional stuff going on.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Randler posted:

No, but there is a version of apple pie that people put a piece of cheese on

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pirate Radar posted:

Trick question, I couldn't name an NZ company if you put a gun to my head

xero

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

correct

the NFL is afraid of frightening its core audience of middle-aged white men who believe in the violent blood-sport of football as an enforcer and exemplar of their social norms

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fishmech posted:

it's a short flight distance so most of the flights are angled towards the business traveler who doesn't have to worry about cost, and then you have christmas time rush on top of things. and as for the rail prices, they're still a lot less than the old private carriers used to charge when you adjust for inflation (and once again, the rail service is primarily angled towards business travelers who take up most of the capacity, at least for this route, unlike the others that are more angled towards tourism).
buses/trains still charge a lot compared to what i am used to. riga-berlin roundtrip (~1500 miles) is $50/person on a bus, couchette car spot on riga-moscow train roundtrip (~1200 miles) is $140/person; $80/person for the bus style car

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fishmech posted:

kalstrams for comparison i could fly all the way down to orlando and back for like $130 roundtrip. or all the way out to atlanta for like $80 round trip, during normal days as opposed to a big holiday at least. airline pricing is very weird
same in europe to be fair - i dont want to know how much will it cost to fly stokcholm-london or something similar around christmas, but then in some random rear end april day or whatever you can buy a roundtrip from riga to oslo for $40

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

what would you eat first dadchat

split pea soup or mushroom soup
what is cheaper :v:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Not ringing a bell tbh

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

But books are always balanced?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Randler posted:

But books are always balanced?

Boo, booooo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chelb posted:

what would you eat first dadchat

split pea soup or mushroom soup

As a proud Mongol I eat split pea soup every Thursday.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

PupsOfWar posted:

correct

the NFL is afraid of frightening its core audience of middle-aged white men who believe in the violent blood-sport of football as an enforcer and exemplar of their social norms
Those same middle-aged white men deny the evolution of the game and still believe in power football as the ideal of football, denying the truth of the spread offense

They're also the ones that like basketball but hate the modern NBA for some reason :iiam:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
also when did everyone decide to get in to F1 simultaneously, I don't understand it, why are so many people I've never seen talk about F1 talking about F1

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

also when did everyone decide to get in to F1 simultaneously, I don't understand it, why are so many people I've never seen talk about F1 talking about F1

F1 is dying actually

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Breakfast was not the correct time to check latest dad chat page

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I don't usually talk about it in dadchat is all, I think

Wolff has now ruled out Wehrlein and has made sad bad noises about them getting anyone who's currently under contract with another top team, so who do you think is getting Rossie's seat? Hulkenberg?

e: also an American guy is in talks to take over Manor so we might get two American teams in it next year which I'm weirdly excited about even though neither of them will probably be very good.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

press f1 to pay respects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My brother-in-law watches F1 and I'm just glad my TV set doesn't have a reader for him to stick his F1-watching card into.

• Locked thread