Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I actually have a full slate of level 80 alts, every single one of them dressed in whatever gear they got from the level-up boxes or whatever whites they started out in. Occasionally I've tried playing them in PvP for the dailies but they only remind me how much of a hamfisted poo poo I am

A bunch of goons convinced me to take one of them to a raid once and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh right that's the time we asked you to bring an Engineer.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

where the red fern gropes posted:

mesmer then never play it

can confirm, mesmer does not get played

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I wish I liked mesmer a lot more. I loved it in gw1.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can kind of understand why they changed the gw1 mesmer to what it is now, what with being one of those classes that can be generally played better 95% of the time by an ai helper, but it definitely was neat for what it was

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

GW1 mesmer was designed solely for pvp and KINDA worked in pve. The pve side of it was reworked a little bit to be more effective in pve parties, but it still never really fit.

It makes sense when designing the GW2 mesmer that it needs an overhaul, considering they were building around the design idea that all classes should be able to solo most pve content.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, the changes make a lot of sense, but man, I miss the builds that would punish doing literally anything.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

mesmer then never play it

or park it at the end of a jumping puzzle and then portal people for dailies.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Brain In A Jar posted:

can confirm, mesmer does not get played

Yep, I have two of them and never rarely touch em.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

AmbientParadox posted:

or park it at the end of a jumping puzzle and then portal people for dailies.

Please put it at Not So Secret because that place is the literal worst

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I highly recommend playing mesmer, what if you end up liking it? You could play it again tomorrow then. Think that's a Dr. Seuss quote.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

neongrey posted:

Yeah, the changes make a lot of sense, but man, I miss the builds that would punish doing literally anything.

Even better, you cast a spell that punishes them for not doing anything, then interrupt them when they try to do something, thereby damaging them for both action and inaction.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Basically gw1 mesmers were the shiz

Also they had nice armor sets :argh:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I want my mesmer to wear a silk night gown.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
It's getting lonely in GOON

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sekkira posted:

I want to wear a silk night gown.

same but irl

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Thanks to the 60 peeps who signed up to SFD's secret snakta, peoples packages have started to arrive and they're postings pics on our forums. Hopefully no one sends me a summer sausage which gets destroyed by Australian customs this year.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
So I started getting back into this after playing during launch, but never really did much with guilds besides making a lovely tiny guild with some friends. How much does your home server affect which of the guilds are available? I guess you can also be in 5 guilds at once, so is there any prohibition or rivalry among the guilds on here?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Residual Toast posted:

So I started getting back into this after playing during launch, but never really did much with guilds besides making a lovely tiny guild with some friends. How much does your home server affect which of the guilds are available? I guess you can also be in 5 guilds at once, so is there any prohibition or rivalry among the guilds on here?

Server affects PvE none since the advent of megaservers, as long as you're playing in the same region. Server does affect WvW, if you're into that. Not really any rivalry between the guilds so to speak, tons of people are members of both!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Except WPAK. They're Tequatl-wrecking jerks.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Visidan posted:

Thanks to the 60 peeps who signed up to SFD's secret snakta, peoples packages have started to arrive and they're postings pics on our forums. Hopefully no one sends me a summer sausage which gets destroyed by Australian customs this year.

You have to send winter sausage during winter or customs will destroy it.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Lonk posted:

You have to send winter sausage during winter or customs will destroy it.
But it is summer in aussie? Has cletus been lying to everyone this whole time??

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Residual Toast posted:

now that you can chat and listen in on multiple guilds at once the only real correct answer is "join both guilds"

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

we should merge sfd into goon squad

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

we should merge sfd into goon squad

Summer sausage eating contest to determine the new guild leader.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eb40K9r6Ig

buy shards of glory now

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
lmao after you posted that I checked the price for shards, which were at 99c. They're already up to nearly 1.40.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

dad on the rag posted:

Summer sausage eating contest to determine the new guild leader.

gently caress, I'll just concede now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

*unzips*

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Schpyder posted:

Not allowed. If you don't want the summer sausage then you can eat sticks of butter.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Goddamnit.

So hey on another note, does anyone still have any alts that need elite specs unlocked? I'll run an HP train tonight if there's interest.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

knowonecanknow posted:

Not allowed. If you don't want the summer sausage then you can eat sticks of butter.

*unzips harder*

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Schpyder posted:

Goddamnit.

So hey on another note, does anyone still have any alts that need elite specs unlocked? I'll run an HP train tonight if there's interest.

I still have 2 alts but in class during train time. I'll be free in 2 weeks though.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Step your game up Arus.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Schpyder posted:

Goddamnit.

I haven't played at all lately because I have been tied up but if I'm on and you're doing it, I am up for it.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Lonk posted:

Step your game up Arus.

Holy poo poo, it's a tiny Guyver.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Schpyder posted:

Goddamnit.

I can have my ele ready in very short time, however I don't see a situation where I'm not working extremely late in the foreseeable future. :(

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So, since the timechange, and with the HoT maps on 2-hour rotations, I could definitely do a train 3 hours after reset, starting at 10PM EST. If that works out for more people.

Let me know!

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Lonk posted:

Step your game up Arus.

Lonk, it is leading up to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIoTKMa3zw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Has ANet added anything new to any event after its initial launch? I've done Halloween now maybe three times and it seems to be the same each time. Wintersday is coming up and will it probably be the same few events (orphan gifts, grawl star achievement event, etc)?

Residual Toast posted:

Some non-goon guilds require 24/7 tagging, and threaten to kick you for switching to another guild tag. But they're a dumb minority and probably aren't fun to play with.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 7, 2016

• Locked thread