Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Falling Cat posted:

Are the emblems/card sleeves from ranked score rewards unique to each month like Hearthstone's monthly cardbacks?

Yes

The first month was Bellringer Angel and Urd, the second was Snowman and Otohime's Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so does anybody know how long the game has been out in japan and when it was released internationally

also when did the first expansion release and how long has it been since the announcement of the second one

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
First expansion was released on August 29, the latest one was announced on December 1, although they hinted at it earlier in interviews.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I'm seeing a lot of different decks in ranked today... what the heck is a sword deck with 5 million wards? It didn't seem to have anything particularly expensive but I just couldn't break through for that last 7 damage

some kind of control variant? It was so weird

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I'm seeing a lot of different decks in ranked today... what the heck is a sword deck with 5 million wards? It didn't seem to have anything particularly expensive but I just couldn't break through for that last 7 damage

some kind of control variant? It was so weird

There's definitely a control version that tries to keep a ward up every single turn. Maybe you ran into some guy's budget version of it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There's definitely a control version that tries to keep a ward up every single turn. Maybe you ran into some guy's budget version of it.

Yeah it was like a goddamn Bellringer Lizardman hydra every turn, kill one, five more pop up

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't really "get" Shadowcraft or how you're supposed to play it. It seems like they only have three really good cards (Death's Breath, Phantom Howl, and Cerberus) and you just sort of muddle around and hope Cerberus gives you enough reach to finish the game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

I don't really "get" Shadowcraft or how you're supposed to play it. It seems like they only have three really good cards (Death's Breath, Phantom Howl, and Cerberus) and you just sort of muddle around and hope Cerberus gives you enough reach to finish the game.

I have no idea either. You never seem to get enough shadows (by design, just like bloodcraft cannot always be on revenge) to do your cool necromancy poo poo for long, which is pretty much required to get value, so you run stuff like Cerberus in part because she doesn't care about that mechanic (and she does produce 3 shadows). My guess is that with more efficient mid-to-late game shadow generators she'll be much better but then you have the problem of balancing that for ptp reasons.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The only Shadowcraft deck I've seen be kind of effective is the PTP version that has very few if any necromancy cards. It just plays as an aggro deck, trying to force you to clear the board and build shadows for it. I'm sure it's still worse than Forest.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
I played against a PTP haven deck yesterday in ranked. It had like 15 shadows before I had lethal. I'm glad every deck has some goofy way to try and activate PTP with varying levels of success.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is Merlin necessary for Dshift, and if so how many copies? I want to try play solitaire.

Earth Sigil Runecraft continues to be my best pick for Take Two.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

Is Merlin necessary for Dshift, and if so how many copies? I want to try play solitaire.

Earth Sigil Runecraft continues to be my best pick for Take Two.

I like playing 2. It's great value card that can help search up dshift or a destroyer, but it's a little slow vs aggro decks, which are the deck's biggest weakness.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Nages posted:

I played against a PTP haven deck yesterday in ranked. It had like 15 shadows before I had lethal. I'm glad every deck has some goofy way to try and activate PTP with varying levels of success.

Wait, how does PTP haven work?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I played 8 games on ladder today and went first in 7 of them. I am 4 points closer to A3 then when I started. :toot: It's a pretty poo poo round of ladder climbing but I guess I ought to be happy that I came out of that much bad RNG slightly ahead.

Dzhay posted:

The decks I've seen use Hare of Illusions since the hare and the amulet both add shadows. Varying amounts of amulet speeders too. Whether it "works" is I guess up to opinion but there's usually a reason a deck is obscure.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 5, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Dzhay posted:

Probably it would look something like this.

The basic idea centers around Hare of Illusions generating infinite shadows over time while stalling with Haven's usual assortment of controlling cards. It's like, probably not a good idea, but the idea is there.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

No Wave posted:

Well, depends on deck archetype I'm sure. I just play tons of Control Shadowcraft, and curving well plus a surprisingly large amount of both taunts and face-damage late-game is generally the recipe to winning whether it's against aggro, combo or control. Compared to the standard control list I subbed out Conjurers for some of those 1-mana Shadow-generating Beasts for more Shadow production and smoother curving myself. You're better off playing aggro if you want a good winrate though (cheaper too).

That said, it's not very good right now because all Shadow decks are basically stuck beating the other redheaded stepchidren of constructed while losing to Sword/Forest/especially Haven anyway.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Dzhay posted:

Not well. Amulets make shadows every time they die and the things that come out of them make shadows as well so beast call would be 3 shadows. The problem with that is that it is slow so it doesn't matter if you have the infinite shadows from hare of illusion or whatever because the other person is just going to win before you actually have 30 shadows. That game I bricked with 2 tias in my hand when I was going first and at no point during the game did I ever feel like I wasn't in complete control of the game.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

No Wave posted:

This is how you win as shadow

The ayyy lmao answer to turn 7 satan

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008

trucutru posted:

I have no idea either. You never seem to get enough shadows (by design, just like bloodcraft cannot always be on revenge) to do your cool necromancy poo poo for long, which is pretty much required to get value, so you run stuff like Cerberus in part because she doesn't care about that mechanic (and she does produce 3 shadows). My guess is that with more efficient mid-to-late game shadow generators she'll be much better but then you have the problem of balancing that for ptp reasons.

My experience with it has been only using necromancy as a way to punish clears & trades, while accelerating from a strong early game. I just beat the heck out of a very money-ed shadowcraft mirror and a very meta healing/Glory Be haven, but I can't really explain how I managed it beyond that. It could just be that netdeckers don't understand evolve & trades.

I guess what i'm trying to say is :confused:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MagusProject posted:

It could just be that netdeckers don't understand evolve & trades.

That's probably a little too generalized, but a strong deck can certainly carry someone who lacks fundamentals further than that same lack of fundamentals and a weaker deck. There's a ton of badly played mid-sword at low A0 that I haven't seen ever since I got into A1 and A2.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Lord Ephraim posted:

I swear the AI cheats their deck to perfect curve.

Urias' final level in story mode is Erika with a perfect budget banner deck. 14 games in a row banner was out by turn 4 and floral turn 5.

Blood (also shadow) are so awful to play, I'll never finish those storylines :(
I lost the second Urias level ffs against the 10hp bot. Twice.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

This is how you win as shadow

The ayyy lmao answer to turn 7 satan

I don't actually understand what's going on in that screenshot, so your clever remark was totally wasted on people to whom shadowcraft cards are somewhat alien.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

All I can see is the bane symbol tbh, the rest is mush on mobile.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pluto is going to eat the 13/13.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't think I've ever seen Pluto outside of Take 2. I didn't recognize her there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol at the heal haven player i just beat not playing around the topdeck garuda. if the board is going to bring you to 2hp, maybe you should clear some of my dudes instead of going face.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

sauer kraut posted:

Blood (also shadow) are so awful to play, I'll never finish those storylines :(
I lost the second Urias level ffs against the 10hp bot. Twice.

Blood is fun. A victory is good in inverse proportion to how many hitpoints you have when you win, imho.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Blood is kinda like hunter in hearthstone, you could make a janky control deck but its really about hitting the opponent in the face and using beast (bat) synergy cards for extra value. definitely my goto deck when i want some fast and braindead wins

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAM-1mogDU

The low quality version has actually been out in Japanese for a while now, but whatever. I assume the characters shown are the new leaders in the shop.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 5, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Shadow is actually really fun to play, it's just an incredibly bad matchup with haven

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Indecisive posted:

Blood is kinda like hunter in hearthstone, you could make a janky control deck but its really about hitting the opponent in the face and using beast (bat) synergy cards for extra value. definitely my goto deck when i want some fast and braindead wins
I like face dragoncraft for that right now

Although 3x forte is absolutely mandatory

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

I like face dragoncraft for that right now

Although 3x forte is absolutely mandatory

Well, basically any flavour of dragon is hosed without 3 fortes soo...

And discodragon is hosed even with forte.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Five times being first against five Havens in a row. Ask me about B rank.

E: And holy poo poo the SV reddit is catty as gently caress.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

Five times being first against five Havens in a row. Ask me about B rank.

E: And holy poo poo the SV reddit is catty as gently caress.

Did you say something less than praising about giant cartoon titties? Because they lose their poo poo if you do that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did you say something less than praising about giant cartoon titties? Because they lose their poo poo if you do that.

Lately I haven't seen any cartoon baps discussion, it's mostly nerf vs anti-nerf noise and general shitposting.

Like, you could try to reason with them but ahahaha, that's five downvotes for ya. It would be more but nobody really plays this game in the US.

In short...

quote:

I did not misunderstand you, because I am not stating that it is your personal opinion. I am refuting the opinion of the majority, who complain about the deck having a bad mechanic, and complain about it being uninteractive. I do not believe that the majority always have enough perspective or experience with other card games to understand the different forms of player interaction.

There are two major issues with this argument, in general. The first, is that "interaction" is limited solely to creatures. Without sufficient experience in other card games (or game theory), the player in the majority will observe that their deck (usually the aggro deck) cannot "interact" with spells, and thus, they believe they are not interacting with the other player. In actuality, this is not true. Interaction takes place in any of the situations I quoted above, and even in other ways.

The second, is that people in the majority tend to lack empathy, and often do not have the ability to fully comprehend how a person can enjoy something that they do not enjoy themselves. They like their own deck or playstyle, but anything that undermines their deck (not beat, undermine) is seen as a bad mechanic or a bad deck. These players lack the ability to see things from the other side of the table, or to understand that they are not the only player in this game; that the other player across from them is here to enjoy the game to, with the deck they like. This is a hard concept for many to grasp or accept.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 6, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Christ I love people who argue about video games like middle school debate club.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I somehow stalled a Dshift player into running outta cards. That was both hilarious and dumb.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Don't try to argue with the staunch defenders of DShift. (Especially that particular poster that always comes running in with a wall of text.)

The entire match boils down to two questions. "Did your minions last long enough to attack?" and "Did Tits McGee draw into DShift in the first 3 or 4 turns?"

Y/N - Auto-Win.
Y/Y - Win if you can end it by turn 7-8.
N/N - Lose by turn 10+.
N/Y - Auto-Lose.

And then that guy writes an essay about how hoping the stuff you play lasts a single turn is interactivity.

The only interactivity is to mulligan for things they can't Solitaire away.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sophism posted:

Don't try to argue with the staunch defenders of DShift. (Especially that particular poster that always comes running in with a wall of text.)

The entire match boils down to two questions. "Did your minions last long enough to attack?" and "Did Tits McGee draw into DShift in the first 3 or 4 turns?"

Y/N - Auto-Win.
Y/Y - Win if you can end it by turn 7-8.
N/N - Lose by turn 10+.
N/Y - Auto-Lose.

And then that guy writes an essay about how hoping the stuff you play lasts a single turn is interactivity.

The only interactivity is to mulligan for things they can't Solitaire away.

You're just one of those braindead plebs who doesn't have the empathy to realize how much fun the other player is having.

BTW, for doing dailies I have an anti-Dshift deck that I use in ranked. Since I have to tank my score anyways I just concede until I find a victim and then I confuse them by playing poo poo like Elana and Guardian Sun. Zero minions for them to "interact". All the card draw I can run plus emergency prism princesses (I try to avoid playing them) to fish for the Seraph on turn 7. Ahahaha.

It's pretty funny to see them realize what's going on by turn 7 or so, when they drop their Flame Destroyers into the field just to have me Death-Dance their asses. Ahahahah.

I have close to a 80% disconnect rating with this. Boy, do those assholes hate to be on the receiving end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Nothing like getting nonstop bm'd in arena by a master player after he lord of flies and spawns bane storm follower into my evolved hydra and tilting me off the face of earth and then I stabilize the board with 3 hp left and he ends the match by disconnecting and making me wait instead of conceding. A piece of poo poo through and through

• Locked thread