Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I have not watched The Witch but I watched Edge of Tomorrow which is a much better movie about witches imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Michaellaneous posted:

I have not watched The Witch but I watched Edge of Tomorrow which is a much better movie about witches imho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're both very good

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
what about Hail, Caesar!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Delthalaz posted:

what about Hail, Caesar!

gently caress movies! (About movies)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Delthalaz posted:

what about Hail, Caesar!

I give this film 20 out of 23 stabs.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping they would talk about Godzilla at least a little bit. Since they choke down every wet fart that DC puts out it's not out of the question.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

I was hoping they would talk about Godzilla at least a little bit. Since they choke down every wet fart that DC puts out it's not out of the question.

Was there a Godzilla movie this year or something?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
One of my favorite things is looking for bad movies and finding accidental gems, so the best things about RLM were when I got to see them experience Robot Jox and Xtro. Jox really was almost a great Verhoeven movie. And since I discovered Xtro at a tape rental place in my childhood it has always stuck with me as the greatest secret gem. The scene with the monster by the road still creeps me out.

a bone to pick posted:

Shin Godzilla. Apparently I made a mistake when I passed it up at My Local Movie Theater.

Light Gun Man posted:

So comic books + talking animal = Guardians should be the most profitable movie ever

Unironically.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think it got talked about on a pre-rec and it was okay iirc.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Capntastic posted:

Visually it was good and it did a great job of making really tense moments out of family distrust but holy poo poo it became a loving Looney Tune in the last twenty minutes or so and diffused all of the tension and actual conflict it had spent hours building up in exchange for "witches!!!"

I don't want no witches in my witch movies. No vvitches neither.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
According to imdb, VVitch is a 2015 movie. Hack frauds!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 5, 2016

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i'm a wytch

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That movie was very disrespectful to wiccans.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Holiday Special was very disrespectful to Wookies.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
The correct spelling is vytcz. Which is Polish for disappointed in the cohesion of the ending.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Did they push back the opening of Sing? It seems like they were advertising Pets, Zootopia and Sing at the same time but the studio realized that was too many talking animal movies.

I predict winter time will be the new summer time fo- *strangling noises*

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

a bone to pick posted:

That movie was very disrespectful to wiccans.

No one should respect wiccans

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Xtro is an experience. Its the perfect insomnia fever dream 2AM and bored movie to watch.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go! posted:

No one should respect wiccans

You're gettin a curse tonight

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

Yes it was a 1 week limited release by Funimation the anime distributor. Not a bad movie by any means and the city destruction was really cool.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

man there are always two camps for horror movies. one camp is always, 'they should never show the monster it is all about tension" and the other group is always, "what the gently caress they never even showed the monster it is boring!" you just cant win. the vvitch was good though so drat. you people cannot be pleased. i thought the supernatural stuff felt real and good minus the last shot which yeah i get why people didnt like that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You gotta show Godzilla though, cuz he's the loving star. You don't go to Godzilla for Human Persons #1-25.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Light Gun Man posted:

You gotta show Godzilla though, cuz he's the loving star. You don't go to Godzilla for Human Persons #1-25.

it would be funny though if the movie was more like the first trailer for the brian cranston godzilla. its just people talking about godzilla and the devastation. but we never get to see the monster. its just implied.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that Garth Edwards Godzilla film is loving garbage

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

it would be funny though if the movie was more like the first trailer for the brian cranston godzilla. its just people talking about godzilla and the devastation. but we never get to see the monster. its just implied.

Waiting for Godzilla, they could call it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

man there are always two camps for horror movies. one camp is always, 'they should never show the monster it is all about tension" and the other group is always, "what the gently caress they never even showed the monster it is boring!" you just cant win. the vvitch was good though so drat. you people cannot be pleased. i thought the supernatural stuff felt real and good minus the last shot which yeah i get why people didnt like that.

It's not that. It's that whole movie was about a family tearing itself apart with fear, but this completely undermined by knowing there is an actual witch pulling the strings. Didn't help that the witch was a cartoon character in an otherwise serious movie.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's probably the same people who want stuff to be darker and more mature, so we end up with poo poo like Batman vs Superman and James Bond movies where the main villian is some lame water baron with no personality.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

eSporks posted:

It's not that. It's that whole movie was about a family tearing itself apart with fear, but this completely undermined by knowing there is an actual witch pulling the strings. Didn't help that the witch was a cartoon character in an otherwise serious movie.
I don't remember any cartoon characters and horror reveal the monster and still be a horror.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Paladinus posted:

Waiting for Godzilla, they could call it.

"We need to get out of here! We need to leave!"
"We can't!"
"Why not? Why can't we?"
"Cause Godzilla's going to kill us!"
"Ah that's right...suppose we hang ourselves?"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'll be watching the VVitch momentarily so I can give you guys a definite authoritative opinion settling this debate once and for all. Stay tuned!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Michaellaneous posted:

VVitch is good and has really good acting, but the scene design leaves a little to be desired, especially in the latter half of the movie. i still really liked it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When the father talks in the VVitch is sounds like:

"GGGRRRMRMMMRRRMMMMMRRM."

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
i had a sex dream about the zootopia girl rabbit, but she had Jay's face........

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Why is witch being spelled with two vs. I am angry about this movie I hadn't heard of for writing it that way

naem
May 29, 2011

MrSlam posted:

I predict winter time will be the new summer time fo- *strangling noises*

M-mike??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rubellavator posted:

Why is witch being spelled with two vs. I am angry about this movie I hadn't heard of for writing it that way

That's how people used to do w

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator posted:

I think because its Olde English

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why is the letter called a double-you and not a double-vee then?!
Wait, on old churches they'd write u as v. Nothing makes sense.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

When the father talks in the VVitch is sounds like:

"GGGRRRMRMMMRRRMMMMMRRM."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'll say this about Vicious Lips: The first 20-30 minutes is actually I think a pretty interesting film. If they'd focused on a sci-fi all-girl rock group in space having adventures, it'd be like a live-action 80s anime or even Jem and the Hologram (almost, as JatH wasn't going into space). But the moment they crash on that planet the movie just dies and it never recovers until nearly the end for just a short burst or so. There felt like there was such a better movie with that concept than what we got.

Someone has been working on an Empire Pictures documentary that now that I'm aware of it I'm sort of looking forward to seeing.

I would love to see the behind the scenes on 'The Eliminators'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU

• Locked thread