Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Agrajag posted:

whats that foreigner doing in the picture?

thats the #8 at comet pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Covok posted:

I'm Catholic so only that first addendum will be added to my list. lol

Anyhoo, how is everyone dealing with the looming reality of WWIII?

Contemplation of cyanide pills washed down with Trump vodka.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

kasich eating remains one of my favorite themes from 2016

(im the nbc lady)

I'm the leering gentleman on the left.

Princess Di fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 5, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Covok posted:

I'm Catholic so only that first addendum will be added to my list. lol

Anyhoo, how is everyone dealing with the looming reality of WWIII?

a list of prepper's addresses would be handy to have in case of emergency, they're like little caches of supplies that someone else can guard for you until you kill them and take their food with your raiding party

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
is china exploding right now

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

kibaces posted:

I was going to make a joke about him owning the pizza joint himself but a candidate spending millions of donor money on his own businesses isn't satire anymore

never forget mike crapo

That's Herman Cain you dummy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao

hoo boy

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

blue squares posted:

thats the #8 at comet pizza

Kasich can't afford the locally grown "pizzas" like Trump can, Sad! :smugdon:

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Princess Di posted:

I'm the leering camera man.

that's a woman you cis scum (i dont even think i used this correctly but fuckit)

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

a list of prepper's addresses would be handy to have in case of emergency, they're like little caches of supplies that someone else can guard for you until you kill them and take their food with your raiding party

:getin:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Agrajag posted:

that's a woman you cis scum (i dont even think i used this correctly but fuckit)

I know you're being flippant but "cis" is a person who identifies as the same gender they were assigned at birth. Hoping to be helpful.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Agrajag posted:

There is another individual on the left hand side looking at Kasich from under his baseball cap while holding another camera.

e: I see the issue, he is not in fact holding a camera. Sorry about that.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/LorenThomasTV/status/805886426445479937

Good news on this front at least, hopefully we get the secret kkk member out of the jury next time.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
so apparently the emdrive passed peer review with a panel of experts and, apparently, our understanding of physics on a newtonian level is real off

Serf
May 5, 2011

a shameful boehner posted:

so apparently the emdrive passed peer review with a panel of experts and, apparently, our understanding of physics on a newtonian level is real off

saw someone saying that since it was an engineering journal and not a physics one that it's still not legit

just build the drat thing and test it out in space with all that money they take away from global warming lol

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Global warming is a hoax.

Creationist theory is real.

God is white.

Trump is a legitimate politician who will make America great again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

thanks for breaking my brain

quote:

The engine creates thrust by bouncing microwaves around inside an enclosed space, which means that nothing is being jettisoned from the back, as with a traditional rocket.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Serf posted:

saw someone saying that since it was an engineering journal and not a physics one that it's still not legit

that's fair, i mean if you read old issues of popular mechanics its rife with that poo poo. i'm still waiting on my slug cars

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Hooray!!! We might get to die a quick death on Mars from radiation exposure instead of here starving to death fighting over the last twinkys.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

i need to invest in mexican trampoline companies

http://i.imgur.com/hSLfSnO.mp4

i thought it was just radiation pressure which is something we've understood for a while?

can you link whatever you're seeing that says it's that groundbreaking?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Agrajag posted:

science is some fucky and cool poo poo my man

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lmao he's not even president yet

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Agrajag posted:

yeah it's pretty hosed up. newton's 3rd law is i mean

Serf posted:

just build the drat thing and test it out in space with all that money they take away from global warming lol

they are sending it to space for testing

if it works it could provide enough thrust to get to mars in 10 weeks with 0 propellant

that's pretty fuckin' incredible

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
however they still need to figure out a) how to poop in a spacesuit and b) how to make sure an excessive buildup of cerebrospinal fluid doesnt make all the astronauts go permanently blind by the time they get to mars

amongst other things like cosmic ray shielding lol

we gotta ways to go

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
What's that mean to those of us who aren't currency traders? The Yuan is losing value?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Deal from strength or get crushed every time!

Serf
May 5, 2011

I feel pretty bad for that first colony of sad bastards who die on Mars lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

however they still need to figure out a) how to poop in a spacesuit and b) how to make sure an excessive buildup of cerebrospinal fluid doesnt make all the astronauts go permanently blind by the time they get to mars

amongst other things like cosmic ray shielding lol

we gotta ways to go

We will all die on this dead gay planet as musk and his disciples fly off to their deaths in the cold expanse of space

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Is this a peer-reviewed journal or some popular press rag like Popular Science? Is this emdrive also going to make self-driving cancer-killing phones that hold their charge for weeks?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

China backed down an normalized their currency?

Idk I'm just repeating Trump tweets now

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

lmao

hoo boy

shazbot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

What's that mean to those of us who aren't currency traders? The Yuan is losing value?

the yuan lost bout 9% of its value against the dollar in a day.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
this is like

seriously

:q:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Is this a peer-reviewed journal or some popular press rag like Popular Science? Is this emdrive also going to make self-driving cancer-killing phones that hold their charge for weeks?
Christian Science Monitor reported it passed peer review and "has been published in the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics' Journal of Propulsion and Power."

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/1121/NASA-s-fuel-less-EmDrive-thruster-Viable-propulsion-solution-or-sci-fi

quote:

White and colleagues say the device can produce a thrust of 1.2 ± 0.1 millinewtons per kilowatt of power. That’s nothing compared to the powerful ion drives which power many of NASA’s satellites, but those systems require fuel. The EmDrive, at least in theory, only requires electric power.

"The issue involved here is whether the experiment is seeing something real or not," Jim Woodward, a professor of physics at California State University, told Motherboard. "I know Paul [March] does clean work and to be honest, I suspect there may really be something there. But the result they're seeing can't actually be explained in terms of the theory they're proposing. So the question is: what is causing it?"

That much is unclear. Some proponents have attributed the effect to quantum vacuum effects, claiming that the device harnesses the power of subatomic particles. But conventional physics seem to debunk that possibility. Then there’s the possibility of less “impossible" explanations – Woodward proposes the Mach effect theory, which suggests that momentum could be temporarily stored in accelerating bodies of mass.

still lots of testing needed but still :eyepoop:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Baloogan posted:

this is like

seriously

:q:

stop enjoying it ya peckerwood sadist!!!

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

China backed down an normalized their currency?

Idk I'm just repeating Trump tweets now

Does anyone here understand the fuss about china and their currency tricks?
having DJT as the only source of info is surprisingly confusing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

stop enjoying it ya peckerwood sadist!!!

trump made china become 10% less valuable by TWEetING

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
List of things Donald Trump will stop:
Juan from the south
Yuan from the far east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

most importantly, china will now have to pay 10% more for oil, and the savings will be passed on back to the consumer (america)

• Locked thread