Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Samovar posted:

That looked really not funny.

There's always one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ehud posted:

Mission Impossible: Mummy Protocol looks big and dumb and fun.

There's gonna be so many explosions and giant action set pieces:

(Spoilers, obviously)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAgSmpMJdp4

Ehud posted:

I hope Tom Cruise is actually Van Helsing with amnesia, or his descendent or something. Him teaming up with Crowe as Dr. Jekyll to fight Dracula, The Mummy, Wolfman, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon sounds hilarious and awesome.

Well according to the video I just posted it looks like Crowe is on the villains' side

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's gonna be so many explosions and giant action set pieces:

(Spoilers, obviously)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAgSmpMJdp4

Well according to the video I just posted it looks like Crowe is on the villains' side

I mean that's just a standard EPK piece or whatever, but I'll be damned if it didn't get me even more excited. Looks like some really fun stuff in there.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Well, he is playing Dr. Jekyll so that's not a huge surprise.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

Well, he is playing Dr. Jekyll so that's not a huge surprise.

To hide it from most of the audience they only introduce him as "Dr. J" and when we first see him he's throwing up some sweet-rear end skyhooks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Ptolemaic royal family were Greek/Macedonian, not ethnic Coptic.

In some shots she actually looks pretty close to certain busts of Cleopatra VII:

she looks great

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I thought the Tom Cruise screaming owned and made me sympathize with the character.

Bud, you're going to die. You've earned some screaming.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah but it was the same scream twice in a row. Like they dubbed the screaming with the same soundbyte twice in a row

That made no sense

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Yeah but it was the same scream twice in a row. Like they dubbed the screaming with the same soundbyte twice in a row

That made no sense

That plane was falling for a while.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" *breaths in* "Aaaaaaaaaah!"

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Probably an exec on the mix stage 30 minutes before the trailer is supposed to go live going "There's too much dead air, put in another scream. I don't care if you only have the one, just play it again, it sounds fine".

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

That plane was falling for a while.

"Aaaaaaaaaah!" *breaths in* "Aaaaaaaaaah!"
This. I mean, imagine a scenario where a person screams only different, unique screams in rapid succession and thinking it's normal and good and realistic. That is insane.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That trailer looked cool and it was nice to see London wiped off the face of the earth, so I'm in.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

cvnvcnv posted:

This. I mean, imagine a scenario where a person screams only different, unique screams in rapid succession and thinking it's normal and good and realistic. That is insane.

Ha well the same style scream is one thing. A literal same .wav file duplicated and played in rapid succession just sounds like a mistake more than anything

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

Ha well the same style scream is one thing. A literal same .wav file duplicated and played in rapid succession just sounds like a mistake more than anything

Yeah. It may not be that way in the movie, but it's very dumb in the trailer.

Anyway, them shooting the plane scene in a real Zero G plane is actually cool as heck and makes me respect Kurtzman a little more than I did.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Build-a-Boar posted:

That trailer looked cool and it was it's always nice to see London wiped off the face of the earth, so I'm in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Probably an exec on the mix stage 30 minutes before the trailer is supposed to go live going "There's too much dead air, put in another scream. I don't care if you only have the one, just play it again, it sounds fine".

This is way too real.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Not counting Civil War, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk have all fought one another at some point. Just sayin' :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's gangster vs pussy! Cube vs Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rEUGgvVKV4

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

I'll watch it. I love me some Charlie Day and Ice Cube.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kiimo posted:

This is way too real.

They forgot the emails and phone calls from the engineer who noticed it when they first got the mix in.

"Hey, we should probably get some alts for this."

"No prob! we're sending them over in a bit."

"Hey, I have to post this file in a couple hours, any word on them alts?"

"Yep! Just need to wait for our editor to get back from lunch."

"Hey, deadline's almost up, any word on them alts?"

*no reply*

"Uh, hello? Alts, please?"

*still no reply*

"Deadline's almost up, what's the word with this spot?"

"Hey! Can you send me a reference quicktime with the new lines? I want to QC it before we post."

"I would, but you never sent me the new lines."

"Oh....... well let's just go with what we got then."

"...."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If executive interference results in more copy and pasted Tom Cruise screams in trailers then I support it without hesitation. More trailers need them, I know the GitS trailer could've used a Tom Cruise scream or two.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

X-O posted:

Huh, this is not what I was expecting at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg

This looks pretty good, definitely of a better caliber than I was expecting. I'm a big fan of The Mummy and The Mummy Returns from the late 90s, but it'll be interesting to see a different take on the same story.

Also between this, Oblivion, and Edge of Tomorrow, does anyone else get the sense that Tom Cruise is working out some fear of mortality issues?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

Lotta talent in here.

I think I even saw preggo Isla Fisher.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Also between this, Oblivion, and Edge of Tomorrow, does anyone else get the sense that Tom Cruise is working out some fear of mortality issues?

On the contrary. He actually is immortal and he's trying to get us used to the idea before it becomes obvious or he has to reveal himself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If executive interference results in more copy and pasted Tom Cruise screams in trailers then I support it without hesitation. More trailers need them, I know the GitS trailer could've used a Tom Cruise scream or two.

Tom Cruise scream new Wilhelm scream let's get Teagone to make a fan edit full of Cruise Screams

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Optimus Prime straight up murders Bumblebee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA6cpLwr6A

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Gonz posted:

Optimus Prime straight up murders Bumblebee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA6cpLwr6A

This is rad.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm ready for Mecha King Ghidorah vs. Metal Gear Gekkos.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'm ready for Mecha King Ghidorah vs. Metal Gear Gekkos.

Yeah this movie is going to own. Like the previous 3.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like that could be the first good Transformers movie since the first one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hopkins sure does like his killbots of as late.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

Hopkins sure does like his killbots of as late.

His voiceover so soon after the Westworld season 1 finale sure is making the wait for 2018 much harder (yes, season 2 will only arrive in 2018).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The MSJ posted:

His voiceover so soon after the Westworld season 1 finale sure is making the wait for 2018 much harder (yes, season 2 will only arrive in 2018).

I know. :(

Let's do it, MSJ. Let's put each other in medically induced comas until 2018. We can grow gnarly hospital bed coma beards.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarely has a lot of garbage looked as good as it does in that Transformers trailer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's gonna be poo poo. Not gonna waste my time after the last like 2 have been bottom of the barrel trash.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vintersorg posted:

It's gonna be poo poo. Not gonna waste my time after the last like 2 have been bottom of the barrel trash.

I think you are mistaken, because the last two were way way better than the first two. AoE was too long and not nearly as good as DotM, but they're both a drat sight better than Revenge of the Fallen. God what a poo poo movie.

A Deacon
Nov 17, 2016

by exmarx

Vintersorg posted:

Revenge of the Fallen was the only one that rivaled the Star Wars prequels in god-awfulness, my friend.

Age of Extinction was good because of 1) Lockdown, and 2) lack of Shia Labeouf.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That trailer music reminded me a lot of the kind they used for Edge of Tomorrow and Battle: Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eywT-bQhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPH7LXPZFBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAv5zgtsmM

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 6, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
That's a pretty decent trailer for a movie that will probably just be a mess like the rest of them.

I think Revenge of the Fallen is actually the best transformers because it's just so incredibly stupid and terrible that it comes back around to being entertaining because you think there is no way it could get any dumber...but then it does, and it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My hot take is that all transformers movies have been super-poo poo. Super poo poo

• Locked thread