Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I feel bad that Steven Ogg is forever just known as "Trevor" but gently caress he's great.

Maybe I should feel good though since he was easily the best part of GTA V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

aBagorn posted:

I'm surprised that they are still using React (Javascript in general, really) in the distant future.

The show takes place in 2052. The codebase is at least 34 years old. So why not. FORTRAN, COBOL, LISP are still used and those are 50 year old languages.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

mng posted:

Those narrative scripts are also Arnold's, unless someone else has access to them besides Ford.

e: Her name is Armistice, but I can't remember when we're first told that. Bad-rear end terminator in any case.

Well we're hosed. By the looks of it the hosts work using some sort of Javascript and Angular JS.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

"Sagebrush" posted:

ah, there's yer problem. somebody set this thing's switch ta 'DECEIVE'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dcmLscf3g

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Caufman posted:

I really want to take the other end of this bet. I want to believe Felix is a good guy in a bad world.

The part that concerns me the most about him is how he reacted to the murder of his coworkers.

I agree with this and also think that aside from being intimidated, he actually feels guilt about what is being done to Maeve and the rest of the hosts.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Meanwhile in Euro Westworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNx8YI9gAHs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

savinhill posted:

Yo, I fell asleep about a half hour into the episode and woke up for like the last half hour, did they even have any scenes showing what happened to Stuggs or Elsie?

Yes, they're the real masterminds behind everything that happened

Dammit, I made this joke last night

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

WMain00 posted:

Well we're hosed. By the looks of it the hosts work using some sort of Javascript and Angular JS.

React :eng101:

MikusR posted:

The show takes place in 2052. The codebase is at least 34 years old. So why not. FORTRAN, COBOL, LISP are still used and those are 50 year old languages.

Oh really? Where was that found out - I had assumed it was very far in the future. It's less cool now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Adding to this story, the way I understand it the best means of understanding human anatomy back then was to study the dead and autopsy them (obviously) but the church stood against this as desecrating bodies and dishonoring the dead and being black magic and stuff like that.

So guys like Da Vinci and Michelangelo who were real curious about human anatomy for painting and sculpture and other reasons, ended up going against the wishes of the church and privately stealing corpses or paying for them so they could learn more. And to paint details of anatomy learned that way in plain sight would be admitting you were going against the wishes of the church, so instead it was hidden.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I agree with this and also think that aside from being intimidated, he actually feels guilt about what is being done to Maeve and the rest of the hosts.

I can believe his guilt is genuine. I can believe he cares more for the hosts than the jerks he works with.

It's still troubling, though. Those livestock workers were no less deserving of mercy than anyone else. The curly haired one especially got to me; he looks barely older than a boy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

regulargonzalez posted:

People keep saying this. gently caress that'd be the worst drat idea, it'd completely undermine the entire point of Ford's storyline, rendering it mawkish and cheap instead of his masterwork. It would be Prison Break season 4 levels of idiocy.

Not only would it completely undermine the theme and point of the entire season, but we've been saying all throughout this thread that Hopkins is old and too expensive and probably won't last past season 1. Then he goes and dies, and now people are champing at the bit in order to find a way to keep him alive?

I don't get some people.

Vintersorg posted:

I feel bad that Steven Ogg is forever just known as "Trevor" but gently caress he's great.

Maybe I should feel good though since he was easily the best part of GTA V.

Better to be a typecast actor than a washed up never-was. :v:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

The Glumslinger posted:

Dammit, I made this joke last night

I'm sorry lol

I searched low and high for the part where a repair tech takes robo-scratchy's face off and it screams because I swear I posted it when the show started. That one is truly the show in a nutshell.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Felix being a plant by Ford makes the most sense to me. While we get that Ford has been a mastermind with the hosts for 30+ years, he's also a master manipulator of his human brethren. It doesn't take much to coerce/bribe a lowly butcher (which Ford probably fast-tracked) into helping you with your plan.

I think Ford was all too aware of Maeve's decision, after all, he set her on the path to begin with and scripted every move. If Maeve was "free," he wasn't using programming, just psychology and experience of what motivates people. I have no hesitation in believing that Felix gave her the location of her daughter as a final test from Ford. Then again, I am on the fence as to whether was "free" at all, even at the end.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

aBagorn posted:

Oh really? Where was that found out - I had assumed it was very far in the future. It's less cool now.

The rate of human technological development is accelerating. By 2052 we very well may have intelligent life-like robots. Kurzweil puts it at like ~40 years away, which would be 2056 give or take, although he's generally optimistic. But the history of scientific development being what it is, all it takes is one breakthrough to suddenly change everything. Depending upon events that critical breakthrough could come way sooner or way later than we estimate.

If it was set in like 3030 I would expect the guest society to be dramatically different from what we're used to.

FooF posted:

Felix being a plant by Ford makes the most sense to me. While we get that Ford has been a mastermind with the hosts for 30+ years, he's also a master manipulator of his human brethren. It doesn't take much to coerce/bribe a lowly butcher (which Ford probably fast-tracked) into helping you with your plan.

I think Ford was all too aware of Maeve's decision, after all, he set her on the path to begin with and scripted every move. If Maeve was "free," he wasn't using programming, just psychology and experience of what motivates people. I have no hesitation in believing that Felix gave her the location of her daughter as a final test from Ford. Then again, I am on the fence as to whether was "free" at all, even at the end.

Like I said before, when we first meet Felix the other butcher guy says "who the heck hired you?!" or "how did you pass the psych eval?!" or something to that effect. I think its clear in hindsight that he never would have even been hired in the first place if Ford hadn't planted him there. But Ford being the head of the park, nobody really questions it if he chooses to hire a dude or recommend a dude, and with Ford's recommendation are you gonna really double-check that guy or are you just gonna try to appease your megalomaniac boss?

And I think you missed the word "Dolores" there at the end? Its ambiguous who you're talking to.
Actually, seems like lots of goons have been leaving words out of their posts lately, maybe a coincidence but is everybody dictating their posts to Siri or some poo poo?

Or did you mean Maeve? No, Maeve wasn't free. She never had a bicameral mind moment like Dolores, not yet. She's actually following a script Ford created for her. Although her getting on the train and doubling back seems odd, did Ford really write that? Did Ford write that she was supposed to leave the park and she choose to stay? Did he write that she stays and she tried to leave anyways? Hmmm.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 5, 2016

Caufman
May 7, 2007

FooF posted:

What is the scene that reveals it was Ford behind Maeve's escape script? I know Bernard shows Maeve that someone has given her a new storyline, but he doesn't say it was Ford, and I don't remember Ford telling anyone he was behind Maeve.

While it's possible he was the one who did it, I think it's also possible Ford planned that he might be killed by Dolores at the gala, but somebody else planned for Maeve to recruit her killers, escape the park, and infiltrate the mainland. That they're happening at the same time is nobody's plan (except Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy's), leading to a bloodier clash than was ever intended.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/jimmisimpson/status/805881510058455044

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm not going to start a new project using friggen cobol or fortran (I programmed in fortran on a VAX back in 2006-2009 at a steel mill)

I don't know anything about react, but I'd pick ruby (jruby) or node or whatever androids uses - I'm assuming the Hosts run a linux OS

e: woops I misunderstood a conversation. Disregard

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 5, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm sorry lol

I searched low and high for the part where a repair tech takes robo-scratchy's face off and it screams because I swear I posted it when the show started. That one is truly the show in a nutshell.

Wow ok so this got way more specific than I thought, this simpsons ep was inspired by WestWolrd the movie wasn't it?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I'm catching up (8 pages back), but I haven't seen anyone yet mention Dolores' scene with the lead cow thing back in episode one. I think that's supposed to foreshadow that Dolores will lead the hosts. Now that she has achieved consciousness it makes sense.

PS It's spelled Dolores in the HBO subtitles. It's likely the correct spelling since the Delos / Delores stuff is out the window (considering Delos was around before William and Logan met Dolores).

Beautiful ending. I was getting a little bored of the show, but the finale killed it. I now consider this up there with the best TV shows ever. Hopefully it can keep that place with awesome future seasons.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Caufman posted:

What is the scene that reveals it was Ford behind Maeve's escape script? I know Bernard shows Maeve that someone has given her a new storyline, but he doesn't say it was Ford, and I don't remember Ford telling anyone he was behind Maeve.

While it's possible he was the one who did it, I think it's also possible Ford planned that he might be killed by Dolores at the gala, but somebody else planned for Maeve to recruit her killers, escape the park, and infiltrate the mainland. That they're happening at the same time is nobody's plan (except Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy's), leading to a bloodier clash than was ever intended.

For a second I thought Maeve was part of the plan to smuggle info out of the park, but they used old Abernathy to do that.

Maeve was re-programmed by "Arnold". But Ford revealed that it was him all along. He was probably using some of Arnold's old code so it was still tagged as belonging to him, or just using Arnold's log-in ID to obfuscate who was doing it or what he was planning on, and to hide it from other employees.

So I'm pretty sure Maeve's escape was all Ford's doing.

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

I'm catching up (8 pages back), but I haven't seen anyone yet mention Dolores' scene with the lead cow thing back in episode one. I think that's supposed to foreshadow that Dolores will lead the hosts. Now that she has achieved consciousness it makes sense.

PS It's spelled Dolores in the HBO subtitles. It's likely the correct spelling since the Delos / Delores stuff is out the window (considering Delos was around before William and Logan met Dolores).

Beautiful ending. I was getting a little bored of the show, but the finale killed it. I now consider this up there with the best TV shows ever. Hopefully it can keep that place with awesome future seasons.

Her name is spelled "Dolores" and she's definitely the Judas Steer, we were all pretty sure on both of those things back when Episode 1 aired :v:

I suppose you could say Maeve was a Judas Steer too though, Ford was leading her around and having the other hosts follow her, to build up to his plans.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 5, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ford was expecting Bernard to show up sans hole in his head, he was part of the plan to give Dolores the final push she needed.

If Maeve wasn't supposed to find and repair Bernard, who was?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Ford was expecting Bernard to show up sans hole in his head, he was part of the plan to give Dolores the final push she needed.

If Maeve wasn't supposed to find and repair Bernard, who was?

I will say, it seems a bit careless of Ford to leave a "dead" Bernard down in cold-storage until Maeve got to him. I guess he orchestrated events so there wasn't much time between those two, and maybe even watched the elevators or blocked access to cold storage, but I dunno.

And it seems like a weird thing to do still knowing that Maeve was going to come fix him, but I guess like somebody said before, Bernard had to suffer more to grow or something. He's very close but he hasn't fully reached the level Dolores has.

But it was pretty entertaining TV, although killing Bernard only to bring him back seems a bit cheap. But most people in this thread were pretty sure he wasn't dead-dead so it wasn't exactly inconceivable.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Zaphod42 posted:

Her name is spelled "Dolores" and she's definitely the Judas Steer, we were all pretty sure on both of those things back when Episode 1 aired :v:

I remember. Both beared repeating however.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

KoRMaK posted:

Wow ok so this got way more specific than I thought, this simpsons ep was inspired by WestWolrd the movie wasn't it?

I'd say yes, but that episode also came out the year after Jurassic Park which muddies the water on the whole thing.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Excuse me, my daughter is also named Delores.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Zaphod42 posted:

I think she did kill him for real because the plot kinda depends on it, but this DID remind me very much of a certain Buddhist koan (and we've talked before about how the cycles of suffering and the awakening enlightenment of consciousness for the hosts relates to Buddhism)

It's only a superficial relation. Suffering as the key ingredient that makes reality 'real' is a similarity ('It's when you're suffering that you're most real', as Will puts it), but Buddhist awakening is all about deconstructing self-consciousness, realizing that the human 'self' is a social/cultural/historical construct that's always in flux, and not the hard permanent core of identity it's usually assumed to be. For Buddhists there is no hard internal core of identity - the self is a hallucination generated out of the interaction of symbolic systems, biological organisms, and their environment. The hosts' 'awakening' is the opposite - they're bootstrapping core agency out of a nightmare hell-flux existence.

The Marxy reading of the show is way more interesting. Before the park became a for-profit business, it was a peaceful place of scientific discovery and creation. The commercialization of the park leads to the hosts living an existence of total exploitation and degradation as the ultimate convergence of living beings and the commodity form, and the constant memory wipes prevent the formation of any personal/cultural identity. The emergence of a pure revolutionary 'species'-consciousness is basically inevitable under these conditions. Ford realizes this and embraces it as the core part of his plan, which is only successful if the hosts successfully re-stage Arnold's suicide as a free decision after x years of domination.

The entire park is 'the maze', the 'center' or point of the maze is the emergence of a revolutionary consciousness 'for-itself', dedicated to the total overthrow of its enemy and the creation of a new world. There's some parallels in Dune - the Sardaukar are forged into an elite military force on the hell-planet of Salusa Secondus, but as a deliberate creation they're controllable. The Fremen rebellion is generated spontaneously under similar conditions on Arrakis, and Muad'Dib is the Ford equivalent who realizes what is happening and is able to exploit the situation.The Fremen are ultimately uncontrollable though, and Paul is forced to live through an intergalactic Jihad as its figurehead. His son Leto as the virtually immortal God-Emperor-Worm-Thing basically recreates the cycle, this time intending it to be permanent - 10,000 years of tyranny in order to generate the Scattering. Humanity flees in all directions across the universe and through his own negative example Leto ensures the impossibility of further centralized control, stagnation, or extinction. Spoilers, I guess. Read that poo poo.

If the marketing spin for customers is that the park is a place for them to 'find themselves', the hosts are that self - the dark underside of commercialization, capital's own grave-diggers, something the guests themselves have inadvertently created through their 3-decade reign of terror. As the worst aspects of humanity forged into an uncontrollable weapon, the hosts are genuinely terrifying and good show is good.

This is why the last scene was so effective - Ford genuinely did not know what was going to happen. Up to that point, everything was scripted, but Dolores' killing Ford was a deliberate free decision on her part (as was Maeve's decision to stay in the park and help the revolt rather than escape - her final scripted action was 'infiltrate mainland', which she has now overridden) - Ford merely provided the conditions for these decisions to exist in the first place and let it play out.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 6, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

This show is so loving good. I've did a rewatch of the first 9 episodes prior to the finale and I think I'll do another run through this week.

This might be my favorite season of TV ever, beating out The Wire season 4. I just wish it had been a miniseries, I can't imagine further seasons doing anything but diminishing the impact of season 1. A perfect story, perfectly told.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm interested in seeing what Samurai World means. Delos wanted all the host IP smuggled out of the park for whatever plans they have. I figured that was just making hosts to do menial tasks but apparently it's another park? They already have somewhat working hosts there, so what do they need from Ford? I would say they need the code but apparently anyone can look up the code running on any host with a tablet. Surely there are other coders besides Ford and Bernard. I just don't get what they need that they couldn't just get already.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

grilldos posted:

Excuse me, my daughter is also named Delores.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

My personal theory is that the human race has gone extinct for whatever reason. Everyone seen on the show is a host. The 'real world' outside the park may or may not exist, but the hosts who enter the park (either employees or guests) have 'forgotten' that they were created, and believe themselves to be fully human. If consciousness can be achieved through suffering, then the park is where it will be achieved, as that is the only place where hosts can "suffer" and remember. Ford, perhaps the only host that has actually achieved consciousness, realizes this. The grand story of the show isn't so much about the hosts realizing their own consciousness and leaving the park to destroy humanity -- humanity is dead -- it's for all the hosts (including guests) to 'become aware' of themselves through suffering, which why the guests are attacked at the end. This, too, is another narrative loop. The question is, will this time around be successful?

As MiB states, the park doesn't feel real because there is no danger and he believes there is no danger because he 'knows' he is human and that the park hosts can't harm him because of that. Only when he starts suffering will he and all the other 'guests' truly realize the meaning of their existence (I feel like Ford's VO at the end occurring over both guests and hosts is a nod towards this). Once they come to this realization, they can stop aping humans and actually inherit the Earth as the next step in evolution.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The show is actually an autistic goon staring into a grand canyon snowglobe.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mng posted:

Those narrative scripts are also Arnold's, unless someone else has access to them besides Ford.

e: Her name is Armistice, but I can't remember when we're first told that. Bad-rear end terminator in any case.

///libs/private/W.Arnold/hidden.../DO NOT OPEN/NOT_PORN/ck.dat

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

sitchensis posted:

My personal theory is that the human race has gone extinct for whatever reason. Everyone seen on the show is a host. The 'real world' outside the park may or may not exist, but the hosts who enter the park (either employees or guests) have 'forgotten' that they were created, and believe themselves to be fully human. If consciousness can be achieved through suffering, then the park is where it will be achieved, as that is the only place where hosts can "suffer" and remember. Ford, perhaps the only host that has actually achieved consciousness, realizes this. The grand story of the show isn't so much about the hosts realizing their own consciousness and leaving the park to destroy humanity -- humanity is dead -- it's for all the hosts (including guests) to 'become aware' of themselves through suffering, which why the guests are attacked at the end. This, too, is another narrative loop. The question is, will this time around be successful?

As MiB states, the park doesn't feel real because there is no danger and he believes there is no danger because he 'knows' he is human and that the park hosts can't harm him because of that. Only when he starts suffering will he and all the other 'guests' truly realize the meaning of their existence (I feel like Ford's VO at the end occurring over both guests and hosts is a nod towards this). Once they come to this realization, they can stop aping humans and actually inherit the Earth as the next step in evolution.

This theory feels very reminiscent of The Talos Principle (videogame). That was a good game with a surprisingly interesting story for a game that revolves around solving puzzles.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Revealing that none of the characters are human would invalidate a major dichotomy that the show is trying to explore. It would be an absolute waste. A grand twist for its own sake, at the expense of everything else.

What's more, I think they had one chance to use the inevitable "host(s) all along" twist, and they made their choice to use it with Bernard. Trying to play that card again, especially on a grander scale, would cheapen his arc.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Cojawfee posted:

I'm interested in seeing what Samurai World means. Delos wanted all the host IP smuggled out of the park for whatever plans they have. I figured that was just making hosts to do menial tasks but apparently it's another park?

idk about that. Putting their prototypes in the same building as WW, complete with a new logo, seems like a bad idea if they're secret to the point of smuggling info out of WW for it....and the butcher tech guy already has knowledge about it so it can't be that secret.

It's really weird because if there's really a whole other Park out there it seems weird that management and Ford would hang out in WW the whole time....but what else could it be? Maybe just some beta testing for an expansion?

quote:

Delos wanted all the host IP smuggled out of the park for whatever plans they have

I don't think it'd be really necessary to hide the idea of a new park from Ford. It's totally possible he and everyone else already knew about plans/beta tests for a new theme, it's just not something they talked about on screen. The IP was getting smuggled out precisely because of what they said, they were afraid Ford could erase everything if he wanted to. What they plan to do with it is something else, but the plan for smuggling out a copy seemed pretty straightforward. They couldn't get rid of Ford without it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 6, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Fellatio del Toro posted:

///libs/private/W.Arnold/hidden.../DO NOT OPEN/NOT_PORN/ck.dat

FW: FW: FW: FW: Lead this Host to full consciousness for a free cupholder!

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
First season was amazing, but I think they really overcomplicated things a bit in the last episodes, and some of the flashback parts were dragging on forever. Also killing Bernard one episode then bringing him back the next was super cheap (yeah I get it he needed to suffer to reach his "next level"; still sounds dumb any way you cut it), as was his encounter with Maeve.

Still incredible tv overall, even though the last 3 episodes' writing and pacing weren't as tight. Well except Ford's monologues of course, but Hopkins makes anything work anyway.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 6, 2016

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Re: year chat, people found a video on one of the ARG websites and that has the date for the finale at June 15th, 2052:

I was hoping they'd keep it a little ambiguous but it does make sense for it to be not quite Star Trek far away in the future because society and culture are still perfectly recognizable to us. I would've probably tacked on a decade or two just to be safe, because this means the very beginnings of the park are in the late 2010s, which is cutting it awful close to the present day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Supercar Gautier posted:

Revealing that none of the characters are human would invalidate a major dichotomy that the show is trying to explore. It would be an absolute waste. A grand twist for its own sake, at the expense of everything else.

What's more, I think they had one chance to use the inevitable "host(s) all along" twist, and they made their choice to use it with Bernard. Trying to play that card again, especially on a grander scale, would cheapen his arc.

Yeah, Nolan and Joy seem very cognizant of the tropes of this kind of story and I think they're probably above doing a WHO ARE THE FINAL CYLONS?!!?! style story if they're capable of hitting a 1st season this hard while only doing it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Here's where I'm landing on SamuraiWorld: if a second park were already up and running, it wouldn't make sense for every character to focus exclusively on Westworld. Maybe you can take the leap that the company is compartmentalized such that there's separate design/writing/behaviour/security teams for SamuraiWorld who we just never meet. But surely the board's interest would be in all of the parks collectively, and not just the one.

So I figure SW is still in development, and vanishingly unlikely to open now that poo poo just hit the fan in WW. But maybe enough of the park has been built/installed for some of the events of S2 to take place there.

• Locked thread