Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Avshalom posted:

why do birds suddenly appear

every time i am near

Kind of a pro nest tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is your redtext a reference to sonic the hoxhaist

Hey don't drag me into this

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
a loving mistrial for someone who shot a black person five times in the back while they were running away

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Chelb posted:

a loving mistrial for someone who shot a black person five times in the back while they were running away

Ugh wait which one was this?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Ugh wait which one was this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/walter-scott-shooting/judge-declares-mistrial-walter-scott-shooting-n692211

A judge declared a mistrial Monday afternoon in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man at the hands of a South Carolina former patrolman, after the jury said they could not come to a unanimous verdict.

In a statement read by Circuit Judge Clifton Newman, the jury said "We as the jury regret to inform the court" that they were unable to come "to a unanimous decision in the case of the state versus Michael Slager" on Monday afternoon after a day of questions and deliberation.

The defense in ex-patrolman Michael Slager's the five-week trial claimed that he feared for his life when 50-year-old Walter Scott got control of the officer's stun gun and pointed it at him.

But Scott was shot five times in the back while running from Slager.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

The court had resumed session at 9 a.m. on Monday after a lone juror on Friday said Friday he could not convict Slager and the jury wanted to continue deliberating.

The jurors had sent a note to the judge earlier Monday saying, "The majority of the jurors are still undecided and we would like help with the following questions."

The jury wanted clarification on why they were given an option of manslaughter. They also wanted definitions of "sufficient provocation," "imminent danger," "forethought" and "self-defense."

ur wrong im right
Dec 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Chelb posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/walter-scott-shooting/judge-declares-mistrial-walter-scott-shooting-n692211

A judge declared a mistrial Monday afternoon in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man at the hands of a South Carolina former patrolman, after the jury said they could not come to a unanimous verdict.

In a statement read by Circuit Judge Clifton Newman, the jury said "We as the jury regret to inform the court" that they were unable to come "to a unanimous decision in the case of the state versus Michael Slager" on Monday afternoon after a day of questions and deliberation.

The defense in ex-patrolman Michael Slager's the five-week trial claimed that he feared for his life when 50-year-old Walter Scott got control of the officer's stun gun and pointed it at him.

But Scott was shot five times in the back while running from Slager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn_AD8ey74Y

You can actually see the cop planting the taser

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/sarasidnerCNN/status/805652077116538880
Oh are you loving kidding me

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

The court had resumed session at 9 a.m. on Monday after a lone juror on Friday said Friday he could not convict Slager and the jury wanted to continue deliberating.

The jurors had sent a note to the judge earlier Monday saying, "The majority of the jurors are still undecided and we would like help with the following questions."

The jury wanted clarification on why they were given an option of manslaughter. They also wanted definitions of "sufficient provocation," "imminent danger," "forethought" and "self-defense."

the fact that only one out of 11 white jurors went for outright nullification is kinda impressive tbqh

on the other hand the fact that the jury was 11 white one black in charleston is unconscionable

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
no matter what distance a black man has run away there's still a chance he might activate his demon powers. anytime a black man (including children under the age of 13) is in your line of sight, your life is in imminent danger

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
We all know that cops have an anti-camera disruption field which is a special kind of electromagnetic field that makes all recording devices around them mysteriously stop working.

I can't wait for the combo 1-2 of Dylann Roof being acquitted of all 5 million charges of gunning down (mostly elderly) black churchgoers next month.

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 5, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no matter what distance a black man has run away there's still a chance he might activate his demon powers. anytime a black man (including children under the age of 13) is in your line of sight, your life is in imminent danger

"He was armed with the sidewalk"

An actual line of defense used in the Trayvon Martin case.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chelb posted:

Ffs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the fact that only one out of 11 white jurors went for outright nullification is kinda impressive tbqh

on the other hand the fact that the jury was 11 white one black in charleston is unconscionable

Frankly the fact that the prosecution managed to get one black juror past the defence is pretty impressive

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

vyelkin posted:

Frankly the fact that the prosecution managed to get one black juror past the defence is pretty impressive

Hey man, the constitution is pretty clear that you get a jury of your peers.

It's obviously a mistrial because the jury wasn't packed with cops.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0R-7BTMZo&t=1824s

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Phone posted:

Hey man, the constitution is pretty clear that you get a jury of your peers.

It's obviously a mistrial because the jury wasn't packed with cops.

Even the cops I've talked to here in South Carolina think Slager needs to burn. They've written him off in their heads as a Bad Apple.

This was either outright nullification or profound stupidity coupled with deep racism.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Even the cops I've talked to here in South Carolina think Slager needs to burn. They've written him off in their heads as a Bad Apple.

This was either outright nullification or profound stupidity coupled with deep racism.

It's South Carolina so

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gin and Juche posted:

It's South Carolina so

Yeah it's basically six of one and half a dozen of the other there

Keep in mind Dylan Roof trial is in the same county and coming up soon

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
at least dylann roof is a federal trial and he's representing himself

e: nope never mind he's getting his lawyers back for the important part

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Muppets On PCP posted:

at least dylann roof is a federal trial and he's representing himself

e: nope never mind he's getting his lawyers back for the important part

dYlAnn RooF
age 7

e: Slager still has a federal trial in the works. I'm hoping that he gets nailed to the wall and that the judge drops a taser by his feet.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's just mind boggling because there's literally video of him murdering that man

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Hollismason posted:

It's just mind boggling because there's literally video of him murdering that man

hasn't worked for all the other videos of black people getting murdered

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Chelb posted:

hasn't worked for all the other videos of black people getting murdered

No of course not but in this one it's so loving clear that the man posed no threat and he just gunned him down then threw a weapon near his body

Also the whole "Lying about what happened " until the guy released the video.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sylink posted:

I hope the general poverty is helping push consumerism down the toilet. Buying poo poo is a soulless experience and I've tried to minimize personally. Its like that lovely cube city from the Reboot cartoon plopped down in every suburb forever.

loving things everywhere are annoying as gently caress I cannot possibly relate to the person going into stores like World Market that infect these spiritless retail landscape. Who is buying this cheap chinese poo poo that has no functional purpose?

I get decorations can be nice, but most of it is absolute poo poo in quality. I'd rather a nice handmade thing with some soul put into it than a thousand faux art pieces.

Same with pretty much everything is, disposable garbage that fills nothing other than a mental illness that makes people buy as much poo poo as possible to fulfill an addiction.

hmm

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

DnD is pretty much on the way to Nihilism Now so that makes sense

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i wonder if it's possible to troll that guy into approving of le corb

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i, too, saw fight club at some point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hmm, the 16 year old white supremacist has better hand-writing then me, dang

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

i, too, saw fight club at some point

how do you feel about *spits* home decor

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

hmm, the 16 year old white supremacist has better hand-writing then me, dang

Is that real I thought it was a joke

Anyway this is creepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2iLIrKjqc

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Long legs and short skirts
A-these girls hit me where it hurts
I can't wait to get my hands on them
I won't give up until they give in

Now I'm not lookin' for a love that lasts
I need a shot and I, I need it fast
If I can't have her, I'll take her and make her

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there's at least a half dozen monographs that cite that verse in mainstreaming rape culture in pop music

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Badger of Basra posted:

It's real important

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

i am jack's violent hatred of an ikea chair

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Most of my furniture is from Ikea does that make me a bougie

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Most of my furniture is from Ikea does that make me a bougie

no it makes you poor

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Badger of Basra posted:

no it makes you poor

I dunno, Ikea does have a lot of expensive garbage.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I appropriated most of my furniture from the homes of dead elderfolk whose relatives were too infirm or out-of-shape to move their stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
my furniture is handmade quality, that I made myself, using garbage bags full of sand cobbled together with duct tape,

• Locked thread