Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Unless mobile is messed up, the thread title still has Sigmar mis-capitalized.

How do you change thread titles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

GreenMarine posted:

Just leave it as it is. It's very fitting for the quality of the game

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

GreenMarine posted:

I think you have to get a mod to do it for you? Not sure how it works nowadays.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

GreenMarine posted:

We don't know how to fix Age of SIgmar, and neither does GW.

:rimshot:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

SRM posted:

The ease of play is a big part of it. The rules are simple, we don't have to cross-reference anything, and we can just play the game.

I totally agree, that's why I also prefer KoW too older warhammer editions

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

GreenMarine posted:

Why change it? Let it spill over to the thread itself, let the minis pile up in the middle. In the end, they'll beg the death thread to recommend them better games.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 4, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
old grogs, ruling the world!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

before i invest waste money on this, is AoS doing well enough that it looks to be around for the foreseeable future?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Percelus posted:

before i invest waste money on this, is AoS doing well enough that it looks to be around for the foreseeable future?

Nobody knows for sure, but all the anecdotal evidence is that it's doing better than Fantasy did

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nobody knows for sure, but all the anecdotal evidence is that it's doing better than Fantasy did

You must be listening to a pretty narrow slice of anecdotes, then.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

You must be listening to a pretty narrow slice of anecdotes, then.

Take it with a grain of salt, but according to the local GW redshirt Fantasy was accounting for all of 11% of NA sales. General rumor-mongering puts WHFB sales at somewhere around 5%~10% usually, but I can't recall ever seeing anybody playing Fantasy at the local shop. Meanwhile there are always people playing AoS. Nerds like their bad models and bad games.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've sort of been wanting to get into this following the GH release but I'm finding that there isn't a single (new) army that really appeals to me. I don't want to get into one of the legacy armies due to the the potential lack of upcoming support. I'm hoping this rumored Dwarf release coming up has some cool models since the current Fyreslayers really don't do anything for me.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 5, 2016

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Hopefully we'll see more situations like Sylvaneth/Flesh Eaters/Beastclaw down the line and more of the legacy armies get updated.

Dispossessed Dorfs and Ironweld Cannon dudes are pretty safe bets though. Pretty solid to, I've been running them alongside my Fyreslayers and they're good, useful additions.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to get into Clan Skyre for Skaven, but I want to make sure they'll get supported. So much of their stuff is still old metal or finecast.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 5, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
fantasy only made about 0.2% profit total each year

where as AoS is making about 75% of the sales that 40k is making, so make of that what you will

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moola posted:

where as AoS is making about 75% of the sales that 40k is making, so make of that what you will

[citation needed]

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

Your icebrains are melting! Stay safe Mr Skeltal!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

SRM posted:

I've gotta figure out how to add some punch to this army. The block of State Troops was nice, but while they were survivable, none of their weapon options are that deadly. Even my Reiksguard aren't that damaging, although their charge was good enough to wipe the Slayers out - unfortunately, the Slayers' postmortem attacks killed half the unit! The crossbows did alright, although if I got to use their stand and shoot ability they could be pretty devastating. I've got a block of handgunners coming up next, and then I've gotta figure out were I can put some real punch in this army. I'm hoping Demigryph Knights and a Hellblaster Volley Gun will be enough to give the army some more dependable damage output, as for a lot of this game I felt like I was swinging wet noodles, despite the near tabling of my opponent.

Awesome pics. I hear very good things about the Celestial Hurricanum but I'm sure Demigryphs or the Helblaster would be pretty fun too.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

[citation needed]

how come i'm not allowed to pull figures out of my rear end and pretend they're real?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Moola posted:

how come i'm not allowed to pull figures out of my rear end and pretend they're real?

A cheap way of doing that Stormcast army you wanted to try?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i really feel in love with the ironjawz range and decided to order the starter box. i'll probably pick up a warboss and run him with the ard boys and gore gruntas for a 500pt army. welp, hopefully the philly or nyc games workshop brick and mortars have an age of sigmar following!

edit- otherwise i just have some models to paint :shobon:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Percelus posted:

i really feel in love with the ironjawz range and decided to order the starter box. i'll probably pick up a warboss and run him with the ard boys and gore gruntas for a 500pt army. welp, hopefully the philly or nyc games workshop brick and mortars have an age of sigmar following!

edit- otherwise i just have some models to paint :shobon:

If I wasn't doing Empire, I'd definitely do Ironjawz. Those models are awesome, and actually seem like a pretty natural progression for Orcs, like they'd fit in just fine next to WHFB boyz.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ironjawz kick serious amounts of rear end, I've never won when going up against them but they always supply a tight, fun game. If I had the cash, and the patience, I'd probably build a little warband of Skybashaz, complete with their flying Scrapships. Crazy, plundering air-pirate Orcs :getin:

I really rather dig the update from Savage Orcs to Bonesplitterz as well. Moving them into being Religious Fundamentalist Monster Hunter Cavemen, rather than super uncomfortable bone-through-the-nose level Darkest African caricatures was a good move imo. Play better to, always a laugh to see a mob of Morboyz use their Dethride ability to kick seven shades of poo poo out of Nagash.

Personally I'd love to see some more Orc/Goblins stuff over the next year. From the way they keep popping up in the campaign books/battletomes I'm fully expecting we'll see a properly updated Forest Goblin faction down the line.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

If I wasn't doing Empire, I'd definitely do Ironjawz. Those models are awesome, and actually seem like a pretty natural progression for Orcs, like they'd fit in just fine next to WHFB boyz.

have to disagree

AoS Orruckes have rounded, soft almost organic designs to their armour:

It looks more like chitin than actual crafted armour; or at least it doesn't look like it was crafted by Orcs. It looks more like it was grown than produced. It gives them more of a tribal / Davey Jones sea people look.

Fantasy Orcs armour is hard, dangerous and sharp by comparison:

It's lots of simple shaped pieces of metal layered on top of each other, lots of metal spikes and rivets; most of it looks like its been stolen by the empire or other humans. There's also very little organic additions such as horns or bones, there's a few, but way less than their AoS counterparts. It makes them look like they've poorly crafted some of their armour, but probably just looted and modified most of it.

In conclusion, they look completely distinct from each other. Even the orc vs Orruk-hai faces look different and don't really match up well.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

fair enough, but if you look at any of the older edition models compared with later edition they will look quite different

there have been more drastic changes in just 1 generation before

2nd edition (i think) 40k orks vs the still quite old 3rd edition orks

what matters is how much you like the model yourself i suppose :jerry:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Those Ironjawz are p fukkin sweet. It'd be perfectly orky to just sorta grow your armor as a flesh extension.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Percelus posted:

fair enough, but if you look at any of the older edition models compared with later edition they will look quite different

there have been more drastic changes in just 1 generation before

2nd edition (i think) 40k orks vs the still quite old 3rd edition orks

what matters is how much you like the model yourself i suppose :jerry:

I actually like some of the Orrukui designs, but i'm just responding to his comment that they would fit alongside Orcs

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Aren't 'ardboyz the old models? They seem to fit alongside just fine.

Is this where someone tries to derail the debate my mentioning how awesome the Maw-Krusha is?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Maw-Krushas are pretty awesome, it've been super cool if Ironjawz got the option to take unmounted ones.

I really dig the Magmadroth things as well. Can't wait to get my hands on one, gonna be attempting all kinds of lizard-y patterns on its hide.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If anyone wants to get into Tomb Kings, I have 3 NiB Batallions I've decided to sell, plus Bow Ushabti, Carrion, Sphynxes and Scorpions in various states of built/primed. Just PM me.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

TKIY posted:

If anyone wants to get into Tomb Kings, I have 3 NiB Batallions I've decided to sell, plus Bow Ushabti, Carrion, Sphynxes and Scorpions in various states of built/primed. Just PM me.

US or UK?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Canada.

We have a weak dollar right now, good news for international undead pharoah types! Also have some catapults and a NiB Bone Giant, 5 or 6 characters, the Codex, I think I have the magic cards, and some new Reaper character blisters for the army..

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
New rumor has them re-releasing Isle of Blood starter box as an AoS starter for $100 with narrative and pitched battle rules in the box by the end of December.

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

Most likely BOLShit, the screenshot is riddled with typos and no one is dumb enough to release something Dec. 23 (even GW).

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Yeah, it's complete horse-poo poo. They've already listed out the releases for the rest of the year and that's not how GW formats its Internal/Independant stockist product sheets, not even close.

Why does anyone actually go to BoLS? They're known for making up/accepting complete horseshit, their hobby and tactics articles are garbage and their site is riddled with security leaks and bad ads. Clickbait can only carry you so far, surely.

In the realm of actual rumours, another one went up on the Community site:

Seen a lot of speculation that this is a Tzeentch thing, but the eye motifs line up with that obviously Elven staff we saw a few weeks back. Guessing some kind of Cauldron of Blood kinda shrine thingy?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what is that man doing to his anus???

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Aelves have tapped into the power of Goatsie.

All is lost.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Pendent posted:

I've sort of been wanting to get into this following the GH release but I'm finding that there isn't a single (new) army that really appeals to me. I don't want to get into one of the legacy armies due to the the potential lack of upcoming support. I'm hoping this rumored Dwarf release coming up has some cool models since the current Fyreslayers really don't do anything for me.

Why do you want to get in a game that you're already worried won't have armies that exist/be supported in the future? I mean, AoS is barely 18 months old.

Horace-Noah
Mar 30, 2012

The Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

TKIY posted:

Hey! I don't have pm's but I'm very interested

Could you send me an email with what you're hoping to get for it? Tristanjohngray at gmail

I am also in Canada 🇨🇦

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Tomb Kings are really Good and Fun, I highly recommend Necropolis Knights + Settra

• Locked thread