Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHXXtIbrjy4

Is he awakened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Start that bitch. Start that bitch. Start that bitch.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Hey shut up and start that bitch

don't die though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

My Gatorade I stole from the van froze.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
How are you supposed to start it without the plug wires?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

How are you supposed to start it without the plug wires?

Its a work in progress there's still wiring up the fuel pump relay, starter, battery cables, fuel lines, and ignition switch to go but I'm pushing as hard as I can

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I thought the point of getting the engine running was so you didn't have to push it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

joat mon posted:

On its way to Iowa, I think.

gently caress you, keep your goddamn snow. I don't want it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Its a work in progress there's still wiring up the fuel pump relay, starter, battery cables, fuel lines, and ignition switch to go but I'm pushing as hard as I can

Don't get frostbite, man.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not so sure eating a whole jar of pickled jalapeņo quail eggs is a good idea but welp no turning back now

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I dunno, I'm pretty sure your farts will melt the snow.

And the soil.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, that's one way to start a fire, of sorts.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man there's whole clove garlic in the bottom of the jar too I thought it was egg chunks

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Homemade starting spray

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm p sure it'll be more like spray and pray soon

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Oh man there's whole clove garlic in the bottom of the jar too I thought it was egg chunks

Buckees will sell you a whole jar of the garlic.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
May the devil drive you forth to oblivion, Wretched Harbinger. Fuel thine chariot with the souls of the damned!

(I'm seriously hoping you get that fucker started tonight, but don't freeze to death!)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm slowing down. I don't think it'll be tonight. Its too cold and too windy to hang on top of my sinus infection. But I don't see any reason why tomorrow is unreasonable.

I'm gonna start bringing power tools in. Got some prics from earlier I haven't posted yet

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So where's Dan? Have you run him off?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Dave and Dan have become one.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My Man Shran posted:

We are The Borg

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So where's Dan? Have you run him off?

WELL IM DEFINITELY NOT WEARING HIM NOW AM I

AHA

HA

HA
HAHAHA

HAAHAHAHAHA

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

And soon all the cars and tractors in Dave/Dans yard will congeal into one unholy mass.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My Man Shran posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P-t8VX6Pw

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ExplodingSims posted:

And soon all the cars and tractors in Dave/Dans yard will congeal into one unholy mass.

If by unholy mass, you mean doof wagon...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dan has obviously escaped the oncoming pickled egg blitzkrieg and is probably in Colorado by now

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Somebody should've addressed a gas mask to danno in one of those care packages.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah Dan's fine and totally not dead pinky promise

See, brimming with vitality!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Weekend At Danno's

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So the knock sensor. The header didn't like where it went.

Hard to get a photo to show it but its aimed directly into the center of the collector.

So I just barely got it to work on the other side.

Now go back to the first picture and think about how the phone is where the starter is supposed to fit.

More on that tomorrow.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't know about SBC TBI setups needing it or not, but I can tell you that renix 4.0Ls have a knock sensor that is basically useless as long as you maintain the ignition system and put gas that isn't poo poo in it. So like, regular old 87 octane that is fresh, basically.

What I'm saying is you should look into whether the ECU even really cares before wasting time trying to hook it up without the header frying it. As for the starter, I assume that is gonna need like a compact aftermarket one or something...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

I don't know about SBC TBI setups needing it or not, but I can tell you that renix 4.0Ls have a knock sensor that is basically useless as long as you maintain the ignition system and put gas that isn't poo poo in it. So like, regular old 87 octane that is fresh, basically.

What I'm saying is you should look into whether the ECU even really cares before wasting time trying to hook it up without the header frying it. As for the starter, I assume that is gonna need like a compact aftermarket one or something...

Yep. Perfect is the enemy of good. You don't care about proper, long-term engine management, it needs fuel, spark and air. Knock sensor is nice, but unnecessary.

Connect what is necessary and start that bitch.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Some cars don't even care enough about a knock sensor to pull timing if it's disconnected. Or turn on the CEL.

My 99 Altima would barely break 55 with it hooked up, timed properly and running good gas (but it had an $11 ebay sensor when the OEM is around $300-400). With it unhooked it would bury the speedometer. No CEL, just a stored code that didn't even show up during emissions testing.

Then you have Hondas, which throw the car into :flaccid: if it's disconnected. :downs: I suspect a TBI Chevy is gonna be more of the former.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 6, 2016

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well, the starter is certainly aftermarket, but compact...uhhh...not so much.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Glad you liked them because they were legit hard to find but holy poo poo you ate the entire jar in one sitting? Did they send you the complimentary Gas-X logo t-shirt, or did you get the tote bag?

Also save those raisins raisens for the ride because everyone knows a few of them is all you need to eat during a trip across the country. And if one of the wheels falls off, don't just leave the truck in a national park ok

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'M DOING JUST FINE GUYS! WHAT A GREAT MORNING THIS IS. SO HAPPY TO HAVE DAVE HE'S A GREAT HOUSE GUEST.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

djdanno13 posted:

I'M DOING JUST FINE GUYS! WHAT A GREAT MORNING THIS IS. SO HAPPY TO HAVE DAVE HE'S A GREAT HOUSE GUEST.

Totally not under duress. He absolutely hasn't found dead animals on his porch as gifts, or a bed in the attic for when 14 decides to stay. Just fine.

blink if you want us to send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

djdanno13 posted:

So what are the methane levels like inside?

• Locked thread