Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Runic effect (either through Celes or Exdeath) is utterly game breaking on magic spamming bosses maybe even moreso when you use it as an RW. It allows for anyone to have near-unlimited uses of a strong R1 5/6* ability (Meltdown, Snowspell, Northern Cross, even good ole Bahamut).

But, I'd still kill to have it natively and make Celes herself a Snowspell Striking murderhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Man if I get celes BSB, she is going to be in my a team so fast.

She slots in for Bartz whenever there's a yunalesca or ST spamming boss, and paired with Snowspell strike she's a monster.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
So I just missed mastery on the witch procession U++ by two seconds, give or take.

I'm trying to puzzle out if I care. Every other time I just get the medals out of habit, but I knew Ultimate Ultima's req was stupid going in, tried for it by literally spamming high power SBs on softcapped characters and still failed it. :psyduck:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

SageAcrin posted:

So I just missed mastery on the witch procession U++ by two seconds, give or take.

I'm trying to puzzle out if I care. Every other time I just get the medals out of habit, but I knew Ultimate Ultima's req was stupid going in, tried for it by literally spamming high power SBs on softcapped characters and still failed it. :psyduck:

I had a very similar experience, though I eventually nailed it by starting two BSB uses just before the switch to the last phase. Timed it so that my third DPS was killing the Adepts, making the Elite eat the initial BSB damage, and then spam commands the remaining time.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

SageAcrin posted:

I'm right there with you, missed beating Ultimate Ultima (dumb name) by a fraction of an ATB bar. That's three attempts thus far. Can beat it easily, but is 30x 2 materials really worth bothering? I'll probably make one more attempt, but after that, out ze vindow with zat sheet. (Sorry, ran into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWKHdlofCY on my youtube feed and it's kinda lingering.)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
11x got me 1 relic... Gold Hairpin (IX). :toot: Now to get a Razzmatazz...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11 - Hamelin.

Dang. I mean, it's a fantastic SB, but I really wanted some VI or XIII synergy, and got more made fear. But it could easily have been worse, so.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Streak of mediocrity continues with Kefka's SSB. Lady luck is just waiting to give me some sweet poo poo during Minfilia/Alphinaud, I know it.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ApplesandOranges posted:

1/11 - Hamelin.

Dang. I mean, it's a fantastic SB, but I really wanted some VI or XIII synergy, and got more made fear. But it could easily have been worse, so.

Don't look a BSB in the mouth. :v:

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.

Yay I can deal with that... Let's see wh

Oh... Ok. :suicide:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
OH MAN YOU HAVE GOT TO BE loving KIDDING ME

Inge posted:

The only pull I could do that would be disappointing is 1/11 nephilim flute, and with a fifty fifty stab at a BSB, this banner is pretty drat good for a lucky. Does it drop in 40 mins or 12 hours?

THE SALT IS TRUE

Inge fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 6, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I got...2x maduin's horn (magitek missile) and 1x ragnarok IX (seiken shock). Magitek Missile is outdated and bad at this point, but it's a really solid caster stick when combined, and I needed magical VI synergy and physical IX synergy, so I'm happy! Mblink will help tons in IX CMs too.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

2/11. Pulled Hamelin (:toot:) and Chocobo Brush. More native medicas is never a bad thing!

Hamelin though. Awesome.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Edgar's Chainsaw!
Vivi's Flame Staff!
Zidane's The Ogre!

Really good pull!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Boo, only got Lightning's Peacemaker. I already have an 8* one. Expensive Rosetta Stone. I'm already flush on guns from 13.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11 - Noel's BSB and Shadow's SSB. :toot:

Nice to have another BSB, and Noel's got a pretty decent skillset, even if it's not the most exciting thing since I have Faris's BSB and I'm pretty good for XIII synergy. Shadow's SSB will probably tide me over the General Leo Banners too, so hopefully I can wait it out until the Locke/Celes event to pull and save for OSB banners instead.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

lmao, the two realms I have plenty for. Oh well, I knew the risk.

Kuja's thing conflicts with Sheepsong, I think the Tiara is one of those multi-hit en-element ssbs? That would go really well with my Fire Lash, shame she can't use it. Oh well.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gently caress yea :frogc00l:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
3/11: Cid's Finery, Cid's Finery (oy vey), Flame Fossil. Not... bad? I mean, it'll do and I can field a pretty mean XIII CM team now, I suppose. Not gonna lie, no VI item kind of sucks. Still, my nightmare scenario was 1/11 Trident and this ain't that and this more or less settles my XIII synergy for the foreseeable future so I'll be able to resist the Lightning 2 banner that's coming up, not that what I got is any replacement for the Ninurta/Eagletalon combo or Metamorphosis but I can hope these happen during a Festival banner or something. Still, another banner come and gone with that listless no-win feel.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Locke's BSB, and Snow's SSB. Sweet!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I was relly hoping for some ffvi or ffxiv gear, but I sure as poo poo am not gonna complain about my 4 rainbow orbs.
Hope's hawkeye, snow's power circle, fang's punisher and beatrix's ragnarok.

I've been needing a better sb for hope, and a reverse wall for fang is amazing. Snow having an actualul weapon now is great too! That all being said, this is now my 5th sword for ffix. It's a decent upgrade over beatrix's rose of my, but I'd really like an sb for someone who isn't steiner or beatrix.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
3/11, no BSBs but got Locke's SSB (Which, since I already have his BSB, pretty much guarantees him a slot now), Excalibur6 for Celes, and Omnirod for Y'shtola. I'm not gonna complain.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1/11 - Eiko's reraise SSB, when I already have her BSB. No chance of me ever really using it. :(

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hell yeah, Celes' Lightbringer. Only 1/11 but it's something I really wanted. I can finally run a non-gimpy hybrid team when I need to, and my holy team becomes even more fuckin' absurd. I just need Pecil now, because I've got:

Lightbringer (IX)
Lightbringer (VI)
Excalibur (V)
Physician's Staff
Iga Blade
Strange Vision

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

1/11......Excalibur IX :shepicide:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Raines's Glove.

Again.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

3/11: Cid's Finery, Cid's Finery (oy vey), Flame Fossil. Not... bad? I mean, it'll do and I can field a pretty mean XIII CM team now, I suppose. Not gonna lie, no VI item kind of sucks. Still, my nightmare scenario was 1/11 Trident and this ain't that and this more or less settles my XIII synergy for the foreseeable future so I'll be able to resist the Lightning 2 banner that's coming up, not that what I got is any replacement for the Ninurta/Eagletalon combo or Metamorphosis but I can hope these happen during a Festival banner or something. Still, another banner come and gone with that listless no-win feel.
Do Not Be Disappointed In The Excellent Full Break BSB

bilperkins2 posted:

1/11 - Eiko's reraise SSB, when I already have her BSB. No chance of me ever really using it. :(
It's super good in multiplayer.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Freya's Dragon Greatcoat, Serah's Starseeker(the SSB one not the BSB), and Papalymo's Stardust Rod. Not bad at all. Nothing gamebreaking in there but it shores me up in those realms, and I'm particularly happy to have more mage stuff. Freya's thing means that the bad old days of having absolutely nothing in the IX realm are even further behind.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Holy hell that owns. Glad I have Celes' Magnificent Sword of Constant Victory.

Indomitable Blade is seriously my favorite SB even though there are technically better ones. It literally trivializes any magic-heavy boss fight. And you can do just about whatever you want in terms of 5* and 6* Spellblade abilities. Snowspell Strike is my favorite but Saint Cross and Gaea Cross are awesome as well and I wish I had more orbs to make and hone more of the super ridiculous ones.

Oh yeah and add in the RM that does "much more damage with Spellblade abilities" or the one that has a chance to trigger those abilities twice and she's is definitely a GENERAL and not some opera floozy.

edit: Just did my Lucky pull and got Serah's BSB! I also got a second Highwind spear for Fang which I will be combining ASAP. :dance:

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 6, 2016

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hooray for vanille BSB!

also hi to u terra en-fire ssb

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wizard Rod (IX) and Raines's Gloves (XIII), both of which I already had.

I'm never gonna get a relic for Celes or Vivi. :smith:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Won't lie, I would've liked some more than this, especially since I already have Locke's BSB, but it does pretty solidly place him as my top Thief (I should really hone Thief's Revenge when I can afford to).
Would've loved Beatrix's BSB for imperil Holy but I didn't have any of her relics and I'll never say no to another Magic Blink source.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wait 31 mag at level 1 :staredog:

Also my FFVI equipment is mostly weapons

And Kuja's Punisher could be good for Cid Missions since I have one of Vivi's sticks too

I can use this

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
2/11:

Tiara (VI)
Flame Fossil(XIII)

... Flame Fossil is a full breakdown, with Attack/Magic Breakdowns on its commands?
*checks skills on Noel*

Oh you can use Lifesiphon and Shellga? Yeah, welcome to the party buddy. Guess Ramza can drop Full Break for now.

e: Oh he can record dive for 5* thief skills. That's drat tempting too.

With the Tiara I guess if I need to run magic teams for whatever reason, then I can use that with chain firaga and firaja which should be pretty nice damage after sheepsong goes up? :shrug:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 6, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Sabin's Bumrush fists. I'm cool with getting one of the best looking SSBs in the game and a decent Cid Mission weapon too!

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
2/11 - Locke's Valiant Knife and Steiner's Tin Armor. Not that exciting at first glance, but it's not XIII gear (which I have a lot of) and includes an imperil fire.

Kinda hoped for a little bit more but no worries.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Goddamnit. Snow's SSB, and a dupe Vanille SSB. God. Damnit.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tiara is a dupe, but still a nice haul :toot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Inge posted:

OH MAN YOU HAVE GOT TO BE loving KIDDING ME

THE SALT IS TRUE

Goondolences. I'm about to make my pull and I expect nothing good. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I'm hoping you guys can help me confirm how debuffs work/stack.

I normally run with Ramza (Shout) using full break. I also have Vaan with his Burst and Faris with their Burst (both are debuffs). Finally I just drew Noel's debuff Burst. Do all of these stack? Is it insane to run with all of these at once?

• Locked thread