Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

ashnjack posted:

Got to ask, what's the origin of the thread title?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787475&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post465202793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

I'm imagining just a seemingly endless and dispassionate list of things that happened, as told by an autist.

No, you're thinking of PYF.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Or Karl Ove Knausgård.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a lot articles describing 2016 as, "The year pegging goes mainstream"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

free basket of chips posted:

Theres a lot articles describing 2016 as, "The year pegging goes mainstream"

Always good to meet a fan of my work

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

oldpainless posted:

Always good to meet a fan of my work

More like oldpeg...ful?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

oldpainless would actually be appropriate in this case

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ReidRansom posted:

That is many, many times longer than basically everything.

I can't see any of those have any actual narrative or plot. I'm imagining just a seemingly endless and dispassionate list of things that happened, as told by an autist.

I imagine it as being the exact opposite. A hyperactive excited child making up more and more and more and more as he/she goes along with no idea to where it is going and just enamoured at how awesome it all is.

"...and them mario turned into a dinosaur that could fly and shoot lasers. But it didn't matter because Link had a magic super shield that stopped the lasers, and in fact made the lasers turn into butterflies with unicorn horns. But then Mario used his gun, but it was a magic space gun that fired special bullets. But then my character came in and he was awesome and handsome and powerful and he was riding a crocodile made of swords and special kung fu moves ..." for a few thousand words.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crocodile of Swords would be an awesome metal band name for a group from Egypt.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sources say no

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Hihohe posted:

Sources say no

Good for him on somehow having enough self esteem to think posting this was a good idea. Ignorance must truly be bliss.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Given the before photo, I can't really blame him for being relieved. Looks like he lost some weight, and not looking like he borrowed his dad's suit is good enough, because gently caress tailoring for a tween.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

tyvvm for linking this, somehow I missed it last year

That is probably the most insane internet meltdowns not involving goading that I've ever read, haha, holy poo poo

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Its like, I know what pamphlets are, and I know about ctrl alt Del, but it doesn't make sense

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ugh, memes should stay on the Internet imo. Like a ghetto.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
:dogbutton:
I have no idea how to parse this.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that hidden loss in the title

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Book doesn't fold out into a giant loss pamphlet 0/10.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was the bad thing that happened the haircut?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Book doesn't fold out into a giant loss pamphlet 0/10.

Folding is often harder on the pamphlet.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I really hope that's a picture of mandatory reading for a university course.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

ReidRansom posted:

That is many, many times longer than basically everything.

I can't see any of those have any actual narrative or plot. I'm imagining just a seemingly endless and dispassionate list of things that happened, as told by an autist.

The Guinness Book of World Records says the longest novel is In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust at a measly 1,267,069 words and 13 volumes. Amateur.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No joke, people with memeology degrees would have solid career perspective as content creators for corporate social accounts. It's potentially a more viable option than a social studies/lit degree, imo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bean_shadow posted:

The Guinness Book of World Records says the longest novel is In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust at a measly 1,267,069 words and 13 volumes. Amateur.

Yes but he was clearly a loony.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Intoluene posted:

I just burst out laughing at work. Thanks.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Intoluene posted:

:golfclap:

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Proclick. Thank you for brightening my lovely morning

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am watching the Katy Perry episode of Catfish someone mentioned way back and it's amazing. I am basically doing this face the whole way through

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EmmyOk posted:

I am watching the Katy Perry episode of Catfish someone mentioned way back and it's amazing. I am basically doing this face the whole way through

Ah, another member of the Steve Martin school of "vague disgust."

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Hihohe posted:

Sources say no

If the kid got a haircut he'd be rather unremarkable. At least it looks like he showers though. Unlike most guys with hair that long.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/wtunv0h.jpg

Free Smells

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

When you gotta go you gotta go.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

If there's one image that condenses the American Midwest into one photograph, it's this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

goose willis posted:

If there's one image that condenses the American Midwest into one photograph, it's this

I'm on my phone, but someone ought to repost those excellent "Sounds of Real America" cassette tape covers for you.

Also, I feel like Andy Dick should be in the photo linked above. I think he's made expelling bodily wastes outside chain retail eateries into an entire phase of his career.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

goose willis posted:

Missing a folding table with a plastic table cloth taped to it leaning lengthwise against the back wall for no explainable reason, but yeah. Pretty close.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm on my phone, but someone ought to repost those excellent "Sounds of Real America" cassette tape covers for you.

Also, I feel like Andy Dick should be in the photo linked above. I think he's made expelling bodily wastes outside chain retail eateries into an entire phase of his career.

You mean instead of his aunt Moby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I'm... honestly not sure where the gently caress to post this, but it's deffo awkward sooooo enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKTjh_ykQY

This is loving sublime.

• Locked thread