Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Karl Sharks posted:

he's good when he's got dumbass trump surrogates on, but he's not gonna be like jon stewart and able to just clown on them for 60 minutes, he still works at cnn ffs they're going to try to make it ""even and balanced"" because modern media/journalism is dead

jon stewart never clowned on his guests. that was when you knew to turn it off because for all that was great about stewart, he was a terrible interviewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Salt Fish posted:

Have you ever noticed that every time someone posts a video of a person "getting owned" on 24 hour cable news it sucks and the person does not get suitably owned?

after 11/8 we all live in a post-ownage society

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i'm giving my body to science. hopefully my body can unlock the secrets of the em drive's physics.

the wikipedia page on this emdrive poo poo does not definitively state that the controversy has been settled. and obv wiki is the final arbiter on science so sorry bro

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
I really want to see a movie where zombie Hunter S. Thompson goes on a rampage, just gunning down all these fake motherfucking journalists

Thatim posted:

If podcasts are your thing, there is a good interview with him about an hour on a show called The Axfiles. I have a ton of respect for Van Jones since then.
Word of warning, don't accidentally download the interview with Tim Kaine, you just might die.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Serf posted:

just lmao if your grandkids don't use your synthetic diamond as the focusing crystal for their sick-rear end beam katana

...okay they're gonna have a ring they put into their beam katana

brb writing that into my will

Thatim posted:

He is the bomb.

If podcasts are your thing, there is a good interview with him about an hour on a show called The Axfiles. I have a ton of respect for Van Jones since then.

i can't really remember when i got respect for him, but when i saw him on cnn panels and he was saying poo poo i was like "yeah, i feel you" and he's been my boy ever since

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Leviathan posted:

the greenhouse gases from my cremated corpse will be my final gift to the cause of accelerationism

suck it up you sonsabitches

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Leviathan posted:

the wikipedia page on this emdrive poo poo does not definitively state that the controversy has been settled. and obv wiki is the final arbiter on science so sorry bro

that is what my body is for duh. scientists will figure it out!

(not really. science funding is going to dry up and the overwhelming number of peer-reviewed articles with results that aren't able to be reproduced harkens the end of science. death is both certain and uncertain.)

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

quote:

“Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.”

Serf
May 5, 2011

AceRimmer posted:

I really want to see a movie where zombie Hunter S. Thompson goes on a rampage, just gunning down all these fake motherfucking journalists

lol remember when he ran for sheriff of that town in Colorado and shaved his head so that he could refer to his opponent, the guy with a crew-cut, as his "long-haired opponent"?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Bury me face down so the nuclear fireball can scorch my rear end hair

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idhq-CLU21g

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Phyresis posted:

Yo kung fu movie's startin in 30 min, pre-show soon

ip man

im told about a man who invented a very linear style of martial arts

movie at 7-8-9-10

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

jon stewart never clowned on his guests. that was when you knew to turn it off because for all that was great about stewart, he was a terrible interviewer.

Michael Steele is the one exception, since he pulled out of an interview at the last second and we got Muppet Michael Steele instead

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i meant if jon was able to just do whatever he wanted on cnn, he would clown on them

point is the job of a moderator/panelist anchor isn't to clown on whatever panelists they have to have on

ofc don and coop don't want the dumbass trump surrogates on, but they're trying to get the ""moderate"" viewers in the country that aren't solely watching FNC or MSNBC so :shrug:

i only watched cnn when they had panels really, watch msnbc for maddow/hayes sometimes, but other than that i stick with thinkprogress/mojo and aljazeera, with wapo thrown in when it gets linked here for news

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGE9153VFE
News

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

AceRimmer posted:

Bury me face down so the nuclear fireball can scorch my rear end hair

p much

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

i stick with thinkprogress/mojo and aljazeera, with wapo thrown in when it gets linked here for news
In addition to this, I've started reading Jacobin, please send help

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

ip man

im told about a man who invented a very linear style of martial arts

movie at 7-8-9-10

he was also apparently addicted to opium, but that is in none of the movies afaik

he smokes a fair amount tho, so obviously he's cool

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/805963458797772804

Serf
May 5, 2011

CNN is the worst channel because they have no ideological slant or bias. They just want you to watch them and have no message or platform. The whole "report on things and let the viewer decide" is fine in theory but when the thing in question is poo poo like "are Jews people" then your praxis is broken and it must be discarded

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Post the best trump incest pics ya got

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

i meant if jon was able to just do whatever he wanted on cnn, he would clown on them

point is the job of a moderator/panelist anchor isn't to clown on whatever panelists they have to have on

ofc don and coop don't want the dumbass trump surrogates on, but they're trying to get the ""moderate"" viewers in the country that aren't solely watching FNC or MSNBC so :shrug:

i only watched cnn when they had panels really, watch msnbc for maddow/hayes sometimes, but other than that i stick with thinkprogress/mojo and aljazeera, with wapo thrown in when it gets linked here for news

it isn't their job to clown on them, no. that is a true thing you wrote. but you seem to also be aware that news panels are one big appeal to moderation and that this is a terrible thing that is killing our country, so, while don lemon has a producer in his ear and can't go off script, he is still part of an overall apparatus--the visible part of that apparatus--that is contributing to our collective loving idiocy.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

In addition to this, I've started reading Jacobin, please send help

is it a bad mag or something?

FYI anyone in here who doesn't know, mother jones is a dope magazine/news outlet and has some awesome long articles, poo poo like solitary confinement, private prisons and border militia (all by one of the guys who got captured by iran, i know we like journalists who aren't captured, but trust me) and poo poo like bail bondsmen, mormon MLM schemes about health poo poo, all kinds of weird/cool stuff

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
One thing I'm getting from all this is that the PRC's leadership has been cynically using nationalism for a very long time but now they're legitimately afraid they will be unable to control it, is that fair?

edit: Beppe no Pepe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Sharks posted:

he was also apparently addicted to opium, but that is in none of the movies afaik

he smokes a fair amount tho, so obviously he's cool

listen kids: smoking makes you look cool. We were supposed to say it doesnt but this is trumps world now.

smoke up, johnny

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

CNN is the worst channel because they have no ideological slant or bias. They just want you to watch them and have no message or platform. The whole "report on things and let the viewer decide" is fine in theory but when the thing in question is poo poo like "are Jews people" then your praxis is broken and it must be discarded

my understanding is that anderson cooper doesn't do a whole lot of the "are jews people' thing on his show, but i really don't watch enough of it to confirm/deny

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Karl Sharks posted:

is it a bad mag or something?

FYI anyone in here who doesn't know, mother jones is a dope magazine/news outlet and has some awesome long articles, poo poo like solitary confinement, private prisons and border militia (all by one of the guys who got captured by iran, i know we like journalists who aren't captured, but trust me) and poo poo like bail bondsmen, mormon MLM schemes about health poo poo, all kinds of weird/cool stuff

Jacobin is the magazine that published a serious "Pokemon Go is immoral because it relies on GPS TRACKING TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPED BY THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX" article this summer

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it isn't their job to clown on them, no. that is a true thing you wrote. but you seem to also be aware that news panels are one big appeal to moderation and that this is a terrible thing that is killing our country, so, while don lemon has a producer in his ear and can't go off script, he is still part of an overall apparatus--the visible part of that apparatus--that is contributing to our collective loving idiocy.

:agreed: but he will still point out when trump surrogates are being dumb and poo poo, so that's good imo, but i get what you're saying

i watched the panels just to see what crazy poo poo kayleigh or lord would say lol

god those were good times, before The Incident

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/ABPolitical/status/805916765377085441

There is a lot to take in from this tweet.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

Post the best trump incest pics ya got

mister president parrotfuckery . png

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

change my name posted:

Jacobin is the magazine that published a serious "Pokemon Go is immoral because it relies on GPS TRACKING TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPED BY THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX" article this summer

poo poo, sign me up

pokemon go to hell :unsmigghh:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

AceRimmer posted:

Word of warning, don't accidentally download the interview with Tim Kaine, you just might die.

Yea it is a strange show. Sometimes there are great people. Sometimes you get Tim kaine

Serf
May 5, 2011

Leviathan posted:

my understanding is that anderson cooper doesn't do a whole lot of the "are jews people' thing on his show, but i really don't watch enough of it to confirm/deny

yeah, I don't watch Anderson either, so I dunno. I watch bits that are posted online and whatever is on when I head through the den and usually it is trash. I get most of my info from non-mainstream news sites and poo poo nowadays

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

they hate their own free propaganda wing so loving much

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

poo poo, sign me up

pokemon go to hell :unsmigghh:
This Mother Jones article on militarized policing is great, tfw you realize NASA has a SWAT team. :psyduck:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

okay guys "ip man" isn't a bad movie, it is a good one though and if you haven't seen it but like kung fu movies, come check it out with us

15 minutes

he's very chill, owns some dudes, chinese get invaded by japanese army, poo poo sucks but he's still cool

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Thatim posted:

Yea it is a strange show. Sometimes there are great people. Sometimes you get Tim kaine
The worst thing is he had a genuinely interesting life story, he was just....Tim Kaine af

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

This Mother Jones article on militarized policing is great, tfw you realize NASA has a SWAT team. :psyduck:

how else are you going to stop Space Crimes

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

ohhh poo poo i have that issue around here somewhere but forgot to read it

thanks for reminding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Are there any good magazines/sites for jewish issues? I was following a few on facebook but slowly stopped after they all posted some variation of the "DUMB college students are boycotting ISRAEL because they're DUMB and their brains aren't FULLY FORMED YET. IDIOT BABIES" type-article

• Locked thread