Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

If a series no one watches gets a new sponsor, does it really matter?

forwarded this to Verizon, we'll see what they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

No I have definitely seen people watch Indycar.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they really took a hit, though, now that Keke retired

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

drat beaten to the joke :argh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/804884629333254144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrG_lPS97UA

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bridgestone and ford have done wonders for champ car

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So he's not joining us at the model train club in Coshocton, then :smith:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Courtesy of Viking:

NASCAR 2017: Jet Fuel Can't Melt Red Farmer

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 3, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Nobody watches WRC.

Yes, but people say they do. Kinda the point.

shame on an IGA posted:

The fact that we're asking if the advertiser will draw eyeballs to the entertainment product instead of the other way round says everything to be said about post-tobacco motorsports.

It's really why across the board auto racing is suffering.

Skoal World of Outlaws
Winston Cup
Winston Drag Racing
Camel IMSA GT
Marlboro Team Penske, Marlboro Michigan 500
Marlboro McLaren Honda

Can't subsidize people with free tix to events any more.

Also typing these just makes me want to dig up random rear end clips on synchtube again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chrysler sounds like they're eventually coming back to NASCAR: http://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20161204/chrysler-eyes-return-to-nascar-racing

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also typing these just makes me want to dig up random rear end clips on synchtube again.

That's what the channel is for. :hfive:

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

https://twitter.com/gbiffle/status/805522541506752512

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Biffle eats rear end, this makes more sense than it should

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

HScott Motorsports will not field cars in NASCAR in 2017. "No good driver/sponsor combinations available."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

HScott Motorsports will not field cars in NASCAR in 2017. "No good driver/sponsor combinations available."

I wonder-

Yup.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, bear with me a minute:
-The 15 Charter has been sold to Premium Motorsports.
-The 46 Charter, which was being used by Premium Motorsports on lease from HSM, has been sold to Furniture Row for the 77.
-Premium Motorsports has one Charter to do something with in 2017.

Roush's Charter for the 16 has been leased to JTG for their second car.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

member when people on the internet were like 'i think HScott will really step up its game with bowyer around and bowyer can prove hes the real deal'

lol, what a lovely idea this whole thing was

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

iospace posted:

I wonder-

Yup.

"This makes my blood boil! And my arm itch!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cygni posted:

member when people on the internet were like 'i think HScott will really step up its game with bowyer around and bowyer can prove hes the real deal'

lol, what a lovely idea this whole thing was

It's like Ricky Rudd to the Woods or Bobby Labonte to Petty Enterprises: "It's either going to help the team or pretty much finish the driver's career".

In this case, it ended up killing the team, but I still can't believe Justin Allgaier ran better in that car than Clint Bowyer.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

In this case, it ended up killing the team, but I still can't believe Justin Allgaier ran better in that car than Clint Bowyer.

2 races into the season he was bitching about what a poo poo show HS was.

It shouldn't be a surprise.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Updating the logos at my site.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think Rockstar Recovery is pretty tasty and doesn't make my heart race like Red Bull or 5-Hour

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Neodoomium posted:

I think Rockstar Recovery is pretty tasty and doesn't make my heart race like Red Bull or 5-Hour

defeats the point imo

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's like Ricky Rudd to the Woods or Bobby Labonte to Petty Enterprises: "It's either going to help the team or pretty much finish the driver's career".

Harry either got himself into bad debt this year with the race team or this is the year it all caught up to him depending on who you believe. I'd heard a couple weeks ago that the sherrif padlocked the shop.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bobby Ginn 2.0?

Unrelated, if you've got MAVTV, The Jason Leffler Memorial will be on Thursday night at 7pm and 10pm Eastern, with Ralph Sheheen and Tony Stewart on the mic. Smoke with a microphone always has promise.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I recommend a viewing of this intro at least (and perhaps saving this for synchtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPSFHnAJGuk

It's so bizarre to watch old races and see them not being "Dumbed Down" in the manner that Fox does it. The explanation of what it takes to win the "600" in this clip is pretty amazing.

I like the concept of the people that would want to watch a racing series would be people that are fascinated with cars or engineering. I don't understand why Cup, and their media partners have discouraged this.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
have you seen what the average fan says

I'm surprised they don't have breathing tutorials every 5 minutes

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hey look at that a local kid won the Snowball

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

have you seen what the average fan says

I'm surprised they don't have breathing tutorials every 5 minutes

Just go to the Facebook fan groups we go to and yeah average fan is remarkably dumb.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

FuzzySkinner posted:

I recommend a viewing of this intro at least (and perhaps saving this for synchtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPSFHnAJGuk

It's so bizarre to watch old races and see them not being "Dumbed Down" in the manner that Fox does it. The explanation of what it takes to win the "600" in this clip is pretty amazing.

I like the concept of the people that would want to watch a racing series would be people that are fascinated with cars or engineering. I don't understand why Cup, and their media partners have discouraged this.

Good find. I also like how minimally it's presented. No one would ever do it today, which is a shame because less really is more.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

Just go to the Facebook fan groups we go to and yeah average fan is remarkably dumb.

at least the dodge news made the honda nonsense slow down some

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dale Jr. completed a test at Darlington and has been medically cleared to race in 2017.

Alex Bowman will run the 88 in The Clash.

e- Related, in case you thought you were the only one expecting Junyer to hang it up:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/806894457937395713

e2- BK Racing didn't pay its rent:
https://twitter.com/JerryJordan_KTT/status/807065637419884545

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 9, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the tweet embed ruins the joke

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kaz Grala and Justin Haley to GMS. Haley gets the 24, so I'm guessing Grala replaces SRA in the 23.

Jordan Taylor and Jeff Gordon are having fun on Twitter. Taylor somehow was given Gordon's phone to hold and he took a ton of Jordan Taylor selfies, so here's Gordon's reply:
https://twitter.com/JeffGordonWeb/status/807044185538920449

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
BK clearout

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/807320138454302720

DiBenedetto ran in a Voodoo BBQ car sometimes so I was a fan

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
remember when people thought David Ragan was a good driver

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Still has two more wins than Danica

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

LASTCAR posted:

Still has 3 less wins than Jeremy Mayfield :smug:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

LASTCAR posted:

I couldn't decide between these, so:

:iceburn:
:drat:

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Still has 3 less wins than Jeremy Mayfield :smug:

I don't think Mayfield was a bad driver- just a possible meth head that couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Fox did what it does best in everything.

It brought things down to an intended audience. They did their homework and kept adjusting to meet the bar for their audience. And as time has gone on, the hemorrhaging of fans has left the lowest common denominator as the majority of the base.

This also is the same reason FOXNews is a thing.

• Locked thread