Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Does Greg Monroe just outright suck?
no he just doesn't fit with the identity of the team at all. he'd be great on score-first team like the Pelicans. The Bucks identity is getting up and down in transition and defending, so a slow guy who is disinterested in doing that is kind of anathema to them winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

dokmo posted:

Because he's on the court when the opponents best player is on, and sits when some garbage backup is on the court.

Can this really explain all of it? It's such a massive difference.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/mynameisjohn/status/805966123485331456

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Can anyone explain why the Spurs are the best defense in the league with Kawhi off the court but bad when he's on?

I can't make heads or tails of it, he looks way lazier than normal but like he's still playing well.

Holy cow I thought you were doing traditional Bashez Spurs overcriticism but Opponent Ortng drops 15.7 when he steps off the floor

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
haah that Beas bump git some git some :twisted:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pau to Dedmon is worth atleast -20 in opponents ORTG

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

holy poo poo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ErikHorneOK/status/805969125768097792

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

imagine working for the best company in your field, being at the top of your industry, and deciding that this was the best picture to use when they credit your accomplishments:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Trade Greg Monroe for two of the 40 jumpshooting big men Morey has in a cloning facility.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Monroe has been leading the bench unit since last year. Putting him with Jabari is obviously a bad idea.

The only reason Bucks players can look good is because Giannis is loving good.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Greg Monroe for Joakim Noah tbh, it makes sense for both sides

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rick posted:

Trade Greg Monroe for two of the 40 jumpshooting big men Morey has in a cloning facility.

I'd be willing to do Kyle Wiltjer for some pick and John Hammond's immortal soul.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Greg Monroe for Joakim Noah tbh, it makes sense for both sides
Joakim Noah on a 4 year deal doesn't make sense for anyone

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Raptors suck now!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Welp

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

straight up brolic posted:

no he just doesn't fit with the identity of the team at all. he'd be great on score-first team like the Pelicans. The Bucks identity is getting up and down in transition and defending, so a slow guy who is disinterested in doing that is kind of anathema to them winning.

The Pels want to be a fast-paced, transition heavy, offense first team and I'm not sure if Monroe helps with that.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kidd is giving him DNPs and 8 minutes of playing time per game because he isn't physically capable of defending the pnr the way he wants. It's a waste of resources, but they're not really trying that hard to win so I suppose it doesn't matter. It's hurt his trade value, a lot

Historically he's a median starting center defensively, plus minus wise, he gets a lot of steals, he's a good rebounder, and is very large. He just can't jump and he's not agile. He's a good passer and a pretty good scorer

The pelicans would look better with him, and they play at the right pace. To b fair they'd look better with Cole Aldrich and Dwayne Dedmon and a lot of other bigs because poor Asik has a ruined back and hands of stone

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Well that Rockets Celtics game was a rough watch but it's probably even worse if you are a Celtics fan. Go Rocket team.

e: Harden ties another Rockets franchise record Best perfect free throw game at 18-18

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 6, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/805977769075216384

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Raptors suck now!

they depend on Patterson and Caroll hitting open 3s. At least until Bebe turns into his final form

BWV fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 6, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

Houston matched on Donatas. Doesn't say who they cut, but presumably Ennis or Brown (he's still on the roster??).

e: They cut Bobby Brown.

I'm honestly a tiny bit surprised

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/CSNNW/status/805954375751348225

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://streamable.com/4vlg

Bertans and Beasley were ejected with both getting double techs. Dedmon and Monroe both got a tech.

I wish this started early so you could truly appreciate how bad the jump ball call was on this. Monroe has Dedmon's head more than the ball. He was not called for a foul.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Intruder posted:

I'm honestly a tiny bit surprised

Those nonguaranteed years are Morey catnip

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

BWV posted:

they depend on Patterson and Caroll hitting open 3s. At least until Bebe turns into his final form

It's time we all admit JV can't be the player we need to beat the Cavs

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

A lot of good defensive players have weird splits, Kawhi is playing a lot of minutes this year so the teams ups and downs are put on him.

This forum is rely looking box score plus minus a lot, but it doesn't do much in a vacuum. Eye test isn't lying, Kawhi is not having as good of a year as he usually does but he's still a great wing defender.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lessail posted:

It's time we all admit JV can't be the player we need to beat the Cavs

Yea it's tough. He really matches up poorly against them when they go small and Tristan is one of the few guys who can bully him. I think if he could improve 12-14 foot shot they leave him free for things would change. But until then its tough against their first unit.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BWV posted:

imagine working for the best company in your field, being at the top of your industry, and deciding that this was the best picture to use when they credit your accomplishments:

I used to hate Windhorst because I thought everything he said he just made up, but then LeBron left the Heat and I realized he was right the whole time. Now I respect his reporting.

Also Brian Cardinal was the custodian, not the janitor.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bring back Ray Clay!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls announcer wouldn't do that to chicago basketball legend Juice Thompson.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Klay Thompson has 57 points in the third

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Does anyone get hotter than Klay Thompson? He goes cold for stretches at a time but when he gets hot he goes loving supernova

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RW with six straight triple-doubles. Trails only 1989 Jordan and 1962 Oscar with seven straight and 1968 Wilt with nine straight.

Bashez posted:

Tim Duncan is retired and that's a HUGE deal. He's the second most powerful defender in NBA history behind Bill Russell. Last year at the age of 39 he led the entire league with a DBPM of 5.0

The Spurs defense is looking weak. Their relative DRTG is -1.3 (the weakest since 1993). Duncan isn't around to rescue Popovich any longer.

:eyepop:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NBA.com says Klay has 60 points in 29 minutes.

Heh.

That announcer is kind of bad.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my theory is that he assumed meyers leonard was miles plumlee, a classic case of plumlee-madness

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That's a lot of points in just one quarter

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I got plumlee fever and the only cure is even more plumlees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU