Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

these look painted on the back of someone's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Have some respect for commander Shepard, saviour of the galaxy

Bane of Reapers and fucker of all men and women in the cosmos

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 5, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Zzulu posted:

Have some respect for Kermmanderf Shhhephart, *wet sucking sound* shavirrrr of the ghalashyy

;)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Zzulu posted:

Have some respect for commander Shepard, saviour of the galaxy

Bane of Reapers and fucker of all men and women in the cosmos

Man, Hugo Weaving's looking rough these days.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

But he doesn't even want to advance humanity.

Elon Musk fits the bill better. It'll just take something mind-controlling him before he turns evil.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Man I sure will be glad when the internet stops sucking Musk dick

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Top left looks sorta like if you took my Shep and smashed his face in repeatedly via Krogan headbutt

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GBS.jpg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8cI4HHUvQ

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
me reading this thread

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is that a glitch or is there a way to play the whole game that way. Because I think it would be fun.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that a glitch or is there a way to play the whole game that way. Because I think it would be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4x_BRqIpI

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is a video made by a dead person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V46KYxFav24

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The MSJ posted:

"This video contains content from Victor Entertainment, Inc.. It is not available in your country."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

You unlucky bastard, we miss you. I hope you're making gmod animations for the Angels up there. A salute to you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the version not blocked in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hu8EJ36MBw

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

marshmallow creep posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the version not blocked in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hu8EJ36MBw

My goodness, that was a thing.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I wonder if there are no Geth in Andromeda if they will replace the Juggernaut with something else for multiplayer. That filled such a cool niche.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hope some pre-Pinocchio Geth stowed away somewhere

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Moola posted:

That would be awesome as I love the Geth. Especially the ME2 style Geth before their writer left to do other things. If they replace them with some sort of robot knockoffs it will seem like a waste of effort.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a good thing that Andromeda is fully committed to telling a brand new story apart from the events of the original trilogy without any obvious knockoffs or lazy retreads of previous material.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'd be interesting if the Krogan in Andromeda tried to do what Wrex and the Scientist Krogan in Grunts recruitment mission was doing in ME 2: not so much trying to make/demanding a cure for the Genophage but rebuilding their society past it. That thread kind of fell in ME3 into curing the Genophage or not.

With what I hope is a smaller Krogan population in Andromeda (it looks like there's enough of them to start a colony) they can go forward in that direction.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 7, 2016

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, since they passed on a release date during the awards show, are there any upcoming big gaming events where they could do the reveal? The only other huge thing I think they could do is another Super Bowl ad.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 7, 2016

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It really is a bummer what ME3 did to the geth. The whole point of them is that they're a distributed consciousness who only have individuality as separated temporary collectives. The fact that Legion still exists as an individual, can "die" in a meaningful sense, or was the same individual in the images you see of the initial uprising against the Quarians is so clearly written by someone who just glanced at the source material and went, "oh, so they're robots, right? Bleep, what is love, that kind of thing?".

Then there's the whole Pinnochio good end for them. I liked ME3 but Rannoch was the low point for me for sure.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Mass Effect Andromeda - XBox One: Does this platform have a soul?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's called a platform because it's literally an empty, mechanical shell the actual geth temporarily inhabit to perform physical tasks! It isn't just another word for "robot person", Mass Effect 3 ahhhh

Serf
May 5, 2011

Do we know if the geth will be in Andromeda? They were one of my favorite things about the original trilogy, it'd be sad to not see them around.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if not the actual Geth then they'll probably be a lovely knock off AI race

probably even a genocidal one to back up the ending lol

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Moola posted:

if not the actual Geth then they'll probably be a lovely knock off AI race

probably even a genocidal one to back up the ending lol

There will be an EDI backup. Also that loopy nutbar who wanted to be a spectre.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it'd be crazy if there's no geth analogue in Andromeda, I.E robots

It was such a big part of the original Mass Effect, even going so far as making Shepard himself half robotic in the sequels:

I mean, if they're gonna include most of the original citadel races in Andromeda, why wouldn't they also include a geth ship that decided to shadow the andromeda fleet or even a geth ship that had already been exploring andromeda on its own? THe developers have arguably put more time in developing the Geth than any other race in the setting, including making a ton of unique models for them

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It would be cool if Andromeda somehow ended up as a case study on what happens when you don't have the Reaper cycle -- IE, 'oh man we thought we had it bad with the whole genocide thing but I guess ______ is worse!' -- but I somehow doubt that's the direction they'll go with it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Moola posted:

I loved playing the Geth Prime. 8000 shields with an IV booster, the lower damage but higher armor and shield spec, plus the Typhoon. Good times.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

NmareBfly posted:

It would be cool if Andromeda somehow ended up as a case study on what happens when you don't have the Reaper cycle -- IE, 'oh man we thought we had it bad with the whole genocide thing but I guess ______ is worse!' -- but I somehow doubt that's the direction they'll go with it.

We traveled to another galaxy to escape the memes.. but as it so often goes, the memes found us.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
memes are good tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao ME3 geth

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You can choose to destroy the Reapers once and for all, Commander Shepard, but know this: All memes, even the ones you think are really funny + share with your friends on Facebook all the time, will be destroyed as well.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Shepard was a brain dead charred corpse and he was rebuilt exactly as they were.

I don't see how Edi and the Geth can not be rebuilt exactly as they were.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

You can choose to destroy the Reapers once and for all, Commander Shepard, but know this: All memes, even the ones you think are really funny + share with your friends on Facebook all the time, will be destroyed as well.
A fair trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I always enjoyed shooting the tanks off of the flamethrower geths. They weren't a problem until someone ignored a flank. If they did it would go something like this....

Human Adept: "Hey did you hear a geth where is that OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE WHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSH!"