Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Okay. But. Support Soul Breaks are basically never about the damage in the first place, it's about the utility. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Lunafreya, if she's not the 15 healer or maybe even if she is?

15 spoilers: A Leviathan SSB/BSB would kinda make sense for her

I imagined her as a healer too, but Water on Luna makes a lot of sense. Make her a Summoner/White Mage like Yuna or Garnet.

It makes me wonder whether FFXV will launch with just the main four, or whether they'll stick Luna with them too. I sort of want Iris to show up eventually too, if only so they can make a character who can borrow Lulu's Dolls.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Okay. But. Support Soul Breaks are basically never about the damage in the first place, it's about the utility. :shrug:

I'd normally agree with this, although I just finished using Leila's Mug ATK/RES SSB in multiplayer which completely outclasses Setzer's in everyway.

And while damage isn't my priority in support SBs, if it's always going to be doing lovely damage on average they might as well have replaced the damage with Heavy Regen or some other effect.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Terra chat: the only SBs you should care about using on her are her enFire SSB into 99999 OSB. Wrath and meltdown/chain firaga.

Her niche is to be the Goddess of fire.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hmh, seems like a good way to maintain sanity with multiplayer raids is just doing the, a few days after they start. I been doing some testing with my En-Wind Luneth + Imperil-Wind Zidane, and so far every single group has been pretty darned good.

What is also good, is getting a 8x9500~ Swordshower from Luneth. After a +20% Wind armor, EnWind, Imperil Wind, Mug Bloodlust, Armor Breakdown, Full-break, Vessel of Fate, and his own stacking +Atk/-Res command. I don't think I've ever done as much damage in a single action. :stare:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 6, 2016

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pichupal posted:

It makes me wonder whether FFXV will launch with just the main four, or whether they'll stick Luna with them too. I sort of want Iris to show up eventually too, if only so they can make a character who can borrow Lulu's Dolls.

There's honestly a huge pool of characters for it. The Four Bros, Luna, Iris, Aranea, Ravus, Ardyn, Cor...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

There's honestly a huge pool of characters for it. The Four Bros, Luna, Iris, Aranea, Ravus, Ardyn, Cor...

I hope Cor's SB is just a dramatic snapshot of him standing in front of an explosion because that's literally all I remember about him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Heck, that's already more than FFV. :v:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cid or Cindy doing Machinist stuff, either.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Sirius Sidearms, Starseeker and Chainsaw. Three rainbows is good but this feels like a pretty mediocre pull especially since I already have hella XIII and VI synergy. At least I get a cool animation for Edgar I guess.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sirius Sidearms is actually getting better with the shift to Vessel of Fate RWs - if you're not bringing Sheepsong, Godsend gels perfectly with Vessel of Fate while also applying two useful buffs. The Faithga could be stronger but it's still pretty solid.

Also I now have Prayer of the Lost for my physical teams, and Evanescence for my magical teams. And I always have Dreamstage if I really need more magical mitigation, so I'm pretty set for healer relics for now. Y'shtola BSB would still be nice, but I don't think it'd be life or death without it now.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
1/11 gave me a Mace of Zeus. A bit disappointing but I am severely lacking in mage SBs and have trouble running a mage team despite two stacking faithgas so in the long run it's probably better than another physical SB.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ravus would be a great character. I really enjoyed that amazing fight with Ravus where he really unleashed his [insert class] skills. I bet his BSB and SSB will be [work in progress] themed.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

1/11 Valiant Knife (Locke's SSB). Ah well, it's disappointing but at least it's new to me. Gotta stock up on RNG before OSBfest anyway (that's how RNG works).

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

3/11 - not complaining

VI: Edgar's Chainsaw (high slow proc)
IX: Steiner's Tin Armor (imperil fire)
XIII: Serah's Starseeker (imperil poison)

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

djfooboo posted:

3/11 - not complaining

VI: Edgar's Chainsaw (high slow proc)
IX: Steiner's Tin Armor (imperil fire)
XIII: Serah's Starseeker (imperil poison)

Does Chainsaw slow? The description just says it lowers poison resistance.

Related: I picked up Chainsaw and Stardust Rod(XIV). Not super thrilled but it's better than nothing.
Edit: OK I'm a little happier now that I've seen Luneth swing a chainsaw around while attacking :black101:

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i got Freya's Trident and Eiko's Fairy Flute. i'd be more excited if my IX synergy wasn't already excellent and Freya wasn't a rat

Geocities Homepage King posted:

he mixed up Chainsaw (7,92/6 single-target phys damage, imperil poison) and Starseeker (14,2 /5 AoE non-elem magic damage, 100% slow)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Related: I picked up Chainsaw and Stardust Rod(XIV). Not super thrilled but it's better than nothing.
Edit: OK I'm a little happier now that I've seen Luneth swing a chainsaw around while attacking :black101:

Derp, got starseeker and chainsaw mixed :downs:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I didn't even realize this, but both the SSBs I have for Freya are wind element. So now I have Fang's BSB, Cloud's OSB/Climhazzard, Bartz's BSB, and now both Freya's SSBs, so that's a pretty good wind team I guess!

And here I am wasting 48 stamina because I have to go back into Pandemonium Part 1 and do it with the "right" party members (well, 54 stamina, since there's six "right" members and only 5 slots, also I'm annoyed Quina didn't get her line).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I didn't even realize this, but both the SSBs I have for Freya are wind element. So now I have Fang's BSB, Cloud's OSB/Climhazzard, Bartz's BSB, and now both Freya's SSBs, so that's a pretty good wind team I guess!

And here I am wasting 48 stamina because I have to go back into Pandemonium Part 1 and do it with the "right" party members (well, 54 stamina, since there's six "right" members and only 5 slots, also I'm annoyed Quina didn't get her line).

You don't need Quina just for that reason, you just need Zidane/Freya/Amarant/Steiner/Garnet.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015

I was so surprised to see more than one or two rainbows I flubbed the screenshot :v:

XIII - Lightning's Overture
XIII - Noel's Flame Fossil
XIII - Sazh's Canopus AMPs
XII - Hope's Hawkeye
IX - Quina's Golden Hairpin

Overture is a dupe but a welcome one, bring on the next XIII event!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Things I learned last night:

1: There are two Lightbringers in the game
2: They have the same model

Went from "Oh well, at least I'm pretty sure that it's a decent BSB and a 6+ BSB sword will have a TON of attack :shobon:" to ":aaaaa:" REAL quick. I also have Indomitable Blade already so Celes has fully activated her Waifu mode. I guess I need to record dive her and give her Snowspell Strike now :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

You don't need Quina just for that reason, you just need Zidane/Freya/Amarant/Steiner/Garnet.

I didn't know they cut Quina's line due to that before going it, but that makes sense. :v: I still wanted Quina to have her line, because she's my favorite FFIX character.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Got Lightbringer IX, Sirius Sidearms, and Excalibur VI. Can't complain in the slightest - now I have every SB of Celes's that matters. (Nobody wants Rune Edge/Spinning Blade. We have Tornado Strike and Snowspell Strike now.)

EDIT: Well, no, I can complain mildly, I have no more mythril and Alphinaud is getting closer with every passing day. :qq:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Dr Mog's Teachings finally dropped, so I officially have both SB RMs :toot: Things are starting to take shape!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Kefka's thing will be nice if I get a faithga. Making a mage party able to cast faster seems pretty good.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

EDIT: Well, no, I can complain mildly, I have no more mythril and Alphinaud is getting closer with every passing day. :qq:

Yeah all these good banners lately drained me. I have 17 mythril at the moment after having done 5 of the new dungeons, I don't think I'm going to be able to do more than one 11 pull on Alphinaud. :(

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah all these good banners lately drained me. I have 17 mythril at the moment after having done 5 of the new dungeons, I don't think I'm going to be able to do more than one 11 pull on Alphinaud. :(

:10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm at 50 Mythril right now so I think between the next three events, daily mythril, random giveaways, and dungeons I haven't done yet (I'm only halfway through the previous update) I can get to 150 before the XIV event :toot:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I will always pull on half price. Steiner's Excalibur, Serah's Burst. Didn't have an EnIce yet so that's nice. Would it be helpful against Mote Ifrit? Still haven't done him yet.

And Cecil now has two whole swords he can use.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
15 FFRK roster will probably end up with: Noctis (Spellblade), Prompto (Support/Mech), Gladiolus (Knight), Ignis (Thief with 3/4* DRG), Cor (SAM), Iris (MNK), Aranea (DRG) and Lunafreya (WHM/SMN).

Varance fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 6, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The pull you guys are making today is the "realm dungeon lucky relic draw", right? I am still 10 mithril away from being able to pull but should be able to get that in a couple days, if I keep trucking through realm dungeons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

big cummers ONLY posted:

The pull you guys are making today is the "realm dungeon lucky relic draw", right? I am still 10 mithril away from being able to pull but should be able to get that in a couple days, if I keep trucking through realm dungeons.

Yeah, that's the one. It should only cost you 25 mythril, so if it doesn't you're in the wrong one.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

All according to DeNa's plan.

:homebrew:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I have consigned myself to basically spending half a paycheck on the loving XIV banner

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beasteh posted:

I have consigned myself to basically spending half a paycheck on the loving XIV banner

Thanks for helping keep this game awesome, Beasteh :)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
All I got for my luck draw was Enochian Blizzard. I guess EnIce is better than nothing, especially since I've also got the only Imperil Ice in the game. Shame I've got no Ice BSBs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beasteh posted:

Terra chat: the only SBs you should care about using on her are her enFire SSB into 99999 OSB. Wrath and meltdown/chain firaga.

Her niche is to be the Goddess of fire.

This is the only use I could think of for her when I got her SSB from the lucky banner. I don't run magic nearly often enough to consider making something like r3 chain firaga though but I can definitely see the appeal for people who can and do run mage squads primarily.

Attestant posted:

Hmh, seems like a good way to maintain sanity with multiplayer raids is just doing the, a few days after they start. I been doing some testing with my En-Wind Luneth + Imperil-Wind Zidane, and so far every single group has been pretty darned good.

What is also good, is getting a 8x9500~ Swordshower from Luneth. After a +20% Wind armor, EnWind, Imperil Wind, Mug Bloodlust, Armor Breakdown, Full-break, Vessel of Fate, and his own stacking +Atk/-Res command. I don't think I've ever done as much damage in a single action. :stare:

Get Cid's SSB and you could do 12x9999 to a boss weak against wind. :iia:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Guys, Vessel of Fate is a great RW for the realm dungeons. Stick it on your main DPS and enjoy the carnage you can only get when bosses don't resist Breaks.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Get Cid's SSB and you could do 12x9999 to a boss weak against wind. :iia:

One time I did 250k damage in a single shot - Lightning's SSB against a multi-boss, 5 of them, for 5x9999 each.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McDragon posted:

I will always pull on half price. Steiner's Excalibur, Serah's Burst. Didn't have an EnIce yet so that's nice. Would it be helpful against Mote Ifrit? Still haven't done him yet.

Serah's burst is like Rinoa's but better in every concievable way. It is the de-facto Ifrit Killer. Now you just need to work out the "survival" part of murdering him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks for helping keep this game awesome, Beasteh :)

It's too bad the prices for Mithril are so insane. I like this game way more than FFBE, which has an incredibly hateful gacha system, but the cost for draws is too high for me to justify spending on it.

• Locked thread