Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Stux posted:

"but not bad"
So, Metroid Prime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So, Metroid Prime?

Don't engage with Stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So, Metroid Prime?

metroid prime is perfectly good game but its a poo poo metroid game and i want super metroid 2 thank you nintendo pls

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't engage with Stux

e: whoops, hit the emptyquote button, no that was totally an accident, really

Anyway, without Megaman 7 we would never have had this:

Which I think is a pretty good strike against Megaman 7.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 6, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bob and George is totally inoffensive.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's a dumb webcomic, sure, but it kept me entertained for at least one year in high school, and for that I salute it. :patriot:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://i.imgur.com/ZbRS9l6.mp4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

New Titanfall 2 DLC looking good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snmGTtyELkQ

Palpek posted:

New Titanfall 2 DLC looking good.
Titan Fall x Metal Gear

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
bob and george was harmless enough, but it did lead directly to me making sprite comics for a brief period of my life, so it wasn't too harmless

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bob and George and That's My Sonic inspired me to start doing sprite comics that I never bothered posting anywhere, and I am unashamed to admit this fact to the internet. I will shout it from the balconies: I am a huge fuckin nerd that made sprite comics that I never showed anyone in MS Paint and I had fun doing it!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Bob and George and That's My Sonic inspired me to start doing sprite comics that I never bothered posting anywhere, and I am unashamed to admit this fact to the internet. I will shout it from the balconies: I am a huge fuckin nerd that made sprite comics that I never showed anyone in MS Paint and I had fun doing it!

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Post them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Don't forget Rockman & Bass

(Do forget Rockman & Bass)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CJacobs posted:

I had a webcomic when I was 15.
I tried to do single panel stuff. One of them was a spooky picture of slenderman but as you scroll down you see that he isn't wearing any pants and has hearts underwear.

Your comic can't be more embarrassing than that so

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
An old internet friend of mine did a subcomic on bob and george that he hand-drew most of the sprites for it himself. It was nearly 15 years ago, but I remember it being pretty decent, and I can't remember the guy's name but he had a ferret for an avatar. Don't remember what it was called, but it told a story following the games in order. I remember it being way better than anything else on that site.

BnG got me doing a bunch of sprite stuff and comics, and I started out making frankensteins and then started making scratch sprites pixel-by-pixel, the last one I did was a few of Sora from Kingdom Hearts about 12 years ago. Sprites are real hard to do good! The comics seem to have disappeared at some point during multiple PC transitions.

It's not very good and I probably could've gotten better but instead focused on other things. Some folks I knew went on to become professional sprite artists who made games though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/crokcrokcrok/status/782906874018529281

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

haha. it really was big...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

You're about 10 home computers too late to ask me to do that unfortunately.

edit: To give an idea of what they were though: Imagine me using the sprites from Sonic Battle, the GBA game, to try and emulate the already-dated pop culture humor and gags of That's My Sonic, and you will probably have a good idea of what it was like.

I felt like a real cool guy when I learned how to make smooth gradients in MS Paint because I didn't know about LimeWire and pirating stuff yet way back in the early 2000s.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 6, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Why yes, Gamercat is better than 90% of video game webcomics within the past decade (except for Brawl in the Family, Awkward Zombie, and Castle Vidcons of course)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I tried to make a good emulation of what they were like

im going to jump off a bridge

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 6, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The thing about that comic, is that its really good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

do you have a patreon I could not donate to

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snooze Cruise posted:

The thing about that comic, is that its really good.

ohhh noooooo I hope you mean gamercat and not the one I just made

I was the laziest motherfucker about speech bubbles. Not having access to photoshop meant I had to make speech bubbles by hand so I just drew rectangles around the dialogue and filled it in by hand with the paint bucket tool. Young teen me should have just downloaded GIMP and made things easy on himself. This conversation is bringing back some fond memories of spending time editing sprites to have mouths and chopping up/pasting their arms and bodies so I could make custom poses. :allears:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 6, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

you're describing Zelda not dark souls

if your next post is to trash Zelda i will tell shigeru miyamoto personally of your transgression

To be fair, comparing Souls to Zelda isn't a terrible comparison, especially if you're thinking of the first Legend of Zelda. Souls doesn't have much in the way of puzzles and it doesn't do that Zelda thing of "get an item that unlocks new things, go back to old areas to find hidden items with it," but the first Zelda game hadn't really fully established that formula yet. I don't think it'd be too off-base to say that Dark Souls is like if you took the first Legend of Zelda and made it 3D (and more grimdark).

(I say Dark Souls and not Demon's Souls because Demon's Souls doesn't have an "overworld," so it's not quite as apt a comparison.)

I think that Souls compares more easily to Castlevania than Zelda, but Zelda comparisons aren't totally off, either.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CJacobs posted:

I tried to make a good emulation of what they were like

im going to jump off a bridge

A satire of post-truth politics a la Trump? Very topical.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also drew this for the early fps games thread a while back at someone's request:

CJacobs posted:

You got it.

q&a with doomguy part 1: secret hunting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mspa's back in a BIG way

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A Sonic webcomic in 2016 that is safe for work? Now that's a weird niche with potential.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Palpek posted:

A Sonic webcomic in 2016 that is safe for work? Now that's a weird niche with potential.

A million Sonic fans with a million webcomics will eventually write something SFW.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh sonic talk

flying battery zone had the best music and stage design i m o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I drew a terrible comic when I was a kid combining my two favorite media at the time: Captain Underpants and Pokemon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In Training posted:

It's OK but it seems super uninspired. I've only beaten 3 of the first 4 levels (WTF only being able to choose from half...)

I told you about the password and fangame already.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

boy are my arms tired posted:

oh sonic talk

Can I get an amen

amen

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

I also drew this for the early fps games thread a while back at someone's request:

Lol I remember that. Don't forget how the conversation started.

How does Doomguy hold the BFG?

CJacobs posted:

There's probably an official render of him holding it out there somewhere, but in the meantime, I have a couple theories.

We already know Doomguy has the upper body strength of a loving juggernaut, so this layout assumes that the top handle is the trigger to fire it, and the bottom bar-looking-thing is an auxiliary handle for your other hand, like on a minigun. This one is less logical, but more likely than the second option, because this way corresponds with how the sprite doesn't show either of Doomguy's hands.

This one assumes the same of the handle on top, but also assumes that the grooved surface on the bottom is supposed to be a handguard of some kind. This makes slightly more sense logically because the BFG is presumably heavy as poo poo, but if it were held this way you'd probably be able to see Doomguy's arm coming out of the bottom.

Of the three I drew, though, I feel this one makes the most sense.

edit: Some people assume the grey bars are a harness and it goes around your shoulders, but I like my ideas better, particularly the third one

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

CJacobs posted:

Can I get an amen

amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7hdIh-gtw

when i was a wee lad my uncle gave me his genesis and S&K as my first game console/game

i only ever saw flying battery zone as knuckles because i could not figure out the rope swing in mushroom hill zone as sonic lmao

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

boy are my arms tired posted:

oh sonic talk

the best sonic songs are: toxic caves, sonic boom, and metal harbor. and live and learn obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sonic Boom is terrible you malicious liar.

• Locked thread