Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

First time newbie pulls:

* Crystalia Tia
* Bloody Mary
* Fairy Princess
* Gabriel
* Odin
* Lord Atomy

This is alright, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Not really

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wouldnt settle for that personally but i guess it depends on how much you want to reroll

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tia's the only like first tier playable there and she shows up in decks that you're not gonna get off the ground right away. High cost poo poo. Odin and Gabriel see play but they're more limited.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I sorta wish I knew about rerolling when I started the game yesterday, but at this point I already have a good aggro bat deck and am c3 1/2 so meh.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, as I was saying...

:boom:

There was 2 evo points worth of "interaction" in this game.

(I've also faced all sorts of weirdo runes with this deck, including aggro snowmen).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice i just got some shadowverse items in CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT STAGE. hope theres an idolmaster expansion coming soon

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Super No Vacancy posted:

nice i just got some shadowverse items in CINDERELLA GIRLS STARLIGHT STAGE. hope theres an idolmaster expansion coming soon

Yeah, shadowverse is getting sleeves and emblems

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just when you think you're out!!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

First time newbie pulls:

* Crystalia Tia
* Bloody Mary
* Fairy Princess
* Gabriel
* Odin
* Lord Atomy

This is alright, yeah?
If this is 49 packs it's not very good... I'm very lazy and I'd still reroll it

if it's 35 packs it's probably like 60th percentile, 6 legs is ok but atomy and fairy princess are real bad

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 6, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Forestcraft [Mames] Follower 6pp Gold
【Before Evolve】5/5
Ward
Fanfare: If you have played 2 or more cards this turn, deal 2 damage to all enemies.

【After Evolve】7/7
Ward

wait what why is Forest getting even more nice poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

frajaq posted:

Forestcraft [Mames] Follower 6pp Gold
【Before Evolve】5/5
Ward
Fanfare: If you have played 2 or more cards this turn, deal 2 damage to all enemies.

【After Evolve】7/7
Ward

wait what why is Forest getting even more nice poo poo
It's just like Druid in HS, never quite public enemy number one, always getting good poo poo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Other cards, pardon lovely phone copy paste

**Mini Goblin Mage (Neutral)**
3PP 2/2 into 3PP 4/4 (evolved)
[Fanfare:] Put a random 2 cost follower from your deck into your hand.

**Samurai(Swordcraft)**
2PP 2/2 into 2PP 4/4 (evolved)
[Fanfare:] If your opponent has 3 or more followers, gain +1 Attack and Defense for every enemy follower, and gain [Bane].

**Contraindicated researcher(Runecraft)**
6PP 3/5 into 6PP 5/7 (evolved)
During your turn, when an enemy follower is destroyed summon a 2/2 Zombie follower (for you). At the end of your turn, **if you have an Earth Sigil, [Earth Rite:] Destroy a random enemy follower.**

# From Famitsu Livestream today
http://imgur.com/a/IW76p
3PP Neutral 2/2 Follower
Fanfare: Put an [Ultimate Carrot] into your hand.

2PP Token 2/2 Follower
Last Word: Put an [Ultimate Carrot] into your hand.

3PP Bloodcraft Spell
Deal 2 damage to your leader, deal 6 damage to an enemy follower.
[Enhance]7: Summon a **Beast Dominator**.

4PP Haven 2/3 Follower
[Fanfare]: Summon a [Beastly Vow].

# From Famitsu Magazine scans
1PP Shadowcraft Spell
Destroy an enemy follower with 1 Defense, if you have 8 or more shadows, you may choose a follower with above 1HP and [Necromancy 8] destroy it instead.

6PP Blood 4/6 Follower
Clash: Deal 1 damage to all enemy followers.

6PP Haven 3/3 Follower
Fanfare: Give +3/+3 and Rush to an allied follower.

E: Idk if this link works, shadow legendary https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/806105949605744642

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 6, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just had a crazy Rune mirror in TT, ended with the other guy drawing out his deck. The last ~8 turns was just both of us sitting with removal (he only had one card, I had two Windblast with 10+ damage, a 0-cost Fiery Embrace, a Final Curse and a Price of Magic) occasionally topdecking draw or medium-small minions that instantly died. Unlike me he didn't think to avoid playing draw cards once we got to that point though and basically insta-lost once he got a card ahead of me into his deck since I just had obscene amounts of removal.

I'm having a pretty fun time with it, decent balance of Sigils and Sigil consumers, and a handful of good Spellboost cards combined with Merlin plus a fair number of regular spells.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The shadow legendary was also revealed

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/806105949605744642

She's probably not even going to be meme tier because there's not that much great last word cards out right now. But potentially in the future she could be a meme?

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 6, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The shadow legendary seems super cool if you can set it up to pull Mordecai plus a few other last words, but you know... 9-cost, so many games end before that is relevant

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

She's probably not even going to be meme tier because there's not that much great last word cards out right now. But potentially in the future she could be a meme?

Since the draws are not completely random you can get a Mordecai plus a lich and stuff like that on the board just in time to be D-Shifted.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now there's a loving Johnny card if I've ever seen one

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Could very well be a meme...

Necroelementalist, Hell's Unleasher, the 7 mana ward guy, Mordecai would give you a 4/4, a warded 5/5, Mordecai, and would ping the enemy board. Not bad
.. but ofc it has anti-synergy with a lot of other cards

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's the kind of card you have to build an entire deck around, and I hope they add some more good Last Words because for whatever reason it feels like Shadow is lacking in identity right now.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 6, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Nah I don't think you would play the 7 mana guy. Assuming the english translation is correct, you want only 4 different cost tiers in your deck. Mordecai is obviously one of them and is going to be your only other 8 drop. So what do you slot for the remaining 3 tiers? 4 drops for hell unleasher only? A bunch of 3 drops for the elementalists, and the last word cards that summon a skeleton?

So now you have one cost tier left. Do you go with 2s so you don't lose to aggro every single game or do you go ???
Maybe even forgo a fourth tier just so you don't have to worry about only playing her into an empty board but eehhh

The remainder of your deck are going to be spells too because amulets are a no go since you would risk not having mordecai

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 6, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Actually you probably will need 2 drops because otherwise skeleton knight would be your only ward. With 2s you get widows and dingdong angels for draws

Also to go for off topic for a second someone made a guide on how to get and display the idolmaster emblems/sleeves
http://steamcommunity.com/app/453480/discussions/0/152390648098880643/

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Went 5 - 0 for the second time with Rune, having 12 removal cards not counting extra curses from First Curse plus a really good curve and few enough Spellboost/Earth Sigil cards that they never really clogged my hand made it smooth sailing. Maybe the easiest 5 win run I've had for three reasons - I faced no really aggressive decks, I got to play second in 4/5 games, and I had two Remi+Rami and a Merlin to make use of that juicy T4 Evolve (though I only actually ended up Evolving any of them on T4 in two games).

E: Also that Shadowcraft legendary looks like it'll be real bad to my untrained eye. I mean, against big bad non-aggro decks like D-Shift, PtP or Seraph/Elana your only real win-condition as any Shadow deck is basically getting on the board early with a nice curve and getting some damage in/making your opponent waste resources to slow them down, followed by Cerberus/Howl/Mummy-ing face to victory before they can gently caress you. Building your deck around this card seems like you'd have to give up your entire win-condition in favor of something your opponent won't give a poo poo about. And I'm not seeing how this T8 5/5 that may or may not give you a big board/draws/shadows/whatever is supposed to help against aggressive decks. Which leaves...????

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 6, 2016

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Why does Swordcraft get a 2 mana card that can potentially be a 5/5-7/7 with bane. What the gently caress

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

E: Also that Shadowcraft legendary looks like it'll be real bad to my untrained eye. I mean, against big bad non-aggro decks like D-Shift, PtP or Seraph/Elana your only real win-condition as any Shadow deck is basically getting on the board early with a nice curve and getting some damage in/making your opponent waste resources to slow them down, followed by Cerberus/Howl/Mummy-ing face to victory before they can gently caress you. Building your deck around this card seems like you'd have to give up your entire win-condition in favor of something your opponent won't give a poo poo about. And I'm not seeing how this T8 5/5 that may or may not give you a big board/draws/shadows/whatever is supposed to help against aggressive decks. Which leaves...????

Honestly it has the same problem as Pascale Rune: gearing up for a huge mega-board late game doesn't help you at all against combo decks, and by investing in that your early game suffers a bit too. That said, I think it's theoretically possible for them to introduce enough good Last Words cards at key point values to make this the finisher of a more ordinary mid-range deck that can also go aggressive when it needs to.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Why does Swordcraft get a 2 mana card that can potentially be a 5/5-7/7 with bane. What the gently caress

Hey now, it's 7/7 - 9/9 when evolved!

Clarste posted:

Honestly it has the same problem as Pascale Rune: gearing up for a huge mega-board late game doesn't help you at all against combo decks, and by investing in that your early game suffers a bit too. That said, I think it's theoretically possible for them to introduce enough good Last Words cards at key point values to make this the finisher of a more ordinary mid-range deck that can also go aggressive when it needs to.

Maybe but even then it feels like it'll end up a slightly less control-y Mordecai - probably good enough to splash one of just for general utility in longer games, but you barely ever see it in your hand and when you do you probably curse yourself for not having put in some cheap removal against the t5 lethal on board your Swordcraft opponent has set up instead. Maybe I'm wrong and the extra Shadow generation, even on a T8 card, will prove really useful in control/combo match-ups, but...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Maybe but even then it feels like it'll end up a slightly less control-y Mordecai - probably good enough to splash one of just for general utility in longer games, but you barely ever see it in your hand and when you do you probably curse yourself for not having put in some cheap removal against the t5 lethal on board your Swordcraft opponent has set up instead. Maybe I'm wrong and the extra Shadow generation, even on a T8 card, will prove really useful in control/combo match-ups, but...

I am imagining they add a bunch of "Last Words: Deal X damage to the enemy Leader" cards, and when you play this you deal 15 damage to face immediately. That's what I meant by "a finisher". Last Words that have an immediate effect.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 6, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well you still have to play early-game minions because Shadowcraft doesn't exactly have the greatest stall-game (in fact it's trash because no good healing, few taunts and generally sub-par early removal) so unless these early-game minions also get good stat-lines plus face-damage Last Words I just can't see how this combo is meant to go off. You play it and you get four face-damage last words and deal 12 damage...but you have done none previously and are on 2 life yourself because you couldn't play any good cards before it. Or you play it and you get like one face-damage Last Word to trigger because she just spawned a bunch of Spartois and Shadow/Zombie/Skeleton-generators.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They could also be like "Last Word: summon a follower with Storm" which could either go face or clear the board. I mean, it may not even be this expansion, but I just think such a deck is theoretically possible without creating any obviously broken stand-alone cards.

Plus, you're presumably going to be playing these same aggressive Last Word followers throughout the early game, so it's hard to see how you'd have dealt 0 damage before turn 8, if only through trading them to stay alive.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 6, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well the thing is, what kind of, say, 2PP minion is gonna have Last Word: Summon a minion with Storm? Maybe if it's a 1/1 that summons a 1/1, but you only get 4 summons from Nepthys so that's 25% of your summons wasted to do one damage to face. 3PP, maybe we get like a 0/2 with a 2/2 Storm Last Words if we're lucky, again hardly too impressive in a combo. And there's no way they're just gonna print Storm LW for a bunch of different PPs just to activate this combo. I mean yes, once you get to 5-6-7 mana it's possible to have some good face-damage Last Words to spawn, but what are you gonna play T1 - 4? Unless Shadowcraft gets better non-Shadow-reliant spells - heals, follower spawns, removals - the answer is more minions that won't do much if anything in way of face damage that are most of the time gonna get summoned instead of the actual good LW followers. You'd need some insane high-cost Last Words to get printed to activate it I feel, the the tune of only needing two of them summoned to do 10+ damage.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Spells that summon followers are another possibility. And, well, I kind of think they would print cards specifically designed to make this combo work? As a card game designer, I'd imagine your goal is to print cards that allow for new and different decks to exist. You don't intentionally create dud legendaries, probably. They're even printing that new card which summons a Beast Dominator because they want those to exist sometimes I guess.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 6, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well, I can believe they could create this kind of dud because honestly, it's still better than a LOT of Legendaries already in the game. Its main problem is just that, as it stands, the game leans too far towards aggro/combo decks that don't really care that much if you make value/board-centric plays - which is what this card seems like it'll excel at as things stand. In a slower meta with different archetypes at the top it very well could be a solid card just as it is. I'm not sure I believe we'll ever get to said meta, but maybe the devs think so. Or maybe they have some juicy Last Words lined up indeed, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I'm like 2 days into this game so my opinion is dumb and stupid, but blood doesn't seem to be getting jack poo poo so far next expansion. If I'm wrong, let me know.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Are all the cards known yet? I mean we might get some innocuous seeming bronze that has a later despised ancient elf like ability so who knows.

E: I'm a retard a elf is legendary that's the exact opposite of bronze

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've seen that this xpac is going to be around 103-105 cards and I'm pretty sure not nearly that many have been revealed, so I guess I'm just an impatient baby. Not that I really need new cards, I opened good cards without re-rolling because I didn't know that was a thing and ended up with aggro bats for free by the time I finished the blood story mode.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
The 4/6 for 6 mana bloodcraft card seems very good in arena. If you evolve it then you suddenly have an effective 7 power on the board plus 1 damage to all other enemy creatures swinging in. It's nice since blood always seemed like the worst arena class to me.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there some poo poo going around to gently caress up the connection of your opponent? The moment this game turned in my favor I get "connection unstable" and a forced forfeit despite my connection being fine in every other thing.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Just spent a good chunk of time rerolling, not feeling super great about any of my pulls but I'm also a bit tired of it and would like to play at some point. (This was with 17 classic and 21 darkness pack tickets after the tutorials and I could loot my crate).

Here's the ones I'm considering - any actually worth it or should I just spend more time rerolling?

Moon Al-mi'raj
Prince of Darkness
Ancient Elf
Zirnitra
Bloody Mary

Cerberus
Gabriel
Dark Dragoon Forte
Pluto
Sun Oracle Pascale
Enstatued Seraph
Odin

Beast Dominator
Sea Queen Otohime
Fairy Princess
Fafnir
Prince of Darkness
Dark Angel Olivia
Enstatued Seraph
Bloody Mary

#4 (Forest heavy)
Ancient Elf
Gabriel x2
Rose Queen x2
Dragonsong Flute
Enstatued Seraph

Cerberus
Moon Al-mi'raj
Dragonsong Flute x2
Dark Angel Olivia x2
Lord of the Flies
Odin

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i kind of like #5 although it isnt fantastic. 1 moon is all you need for a storm haven deck which will carry you all the way up if you want. olivia and odin are both good neutrals. cerb is always good if you want to play shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Actually, Reddit makes a good point about Sadistic Night being good for blood aggro, it does kill ancient elf on turn 3. It'll probably make its way into the deck

• Locked thread