Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Just play Ryu.

What the hell is this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

nickmeister posted:

Just play Ryu.

What the hell is this from?

Let it Die, a new F2P PS4 game from Suda 51's company Grasshopper

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that game is pretty cool for a low rent dark souls and its got that suda flair but i can't get into 3d roguelikes with random levels like that, the graphics get way more repetitive and cookie cutter feeling than ascii does for me for some reason. i guess the imagination takes over idk.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

they aren't going to suddenly learn because ~missing iframes~.

They'll complain about it for sure though.

i'm not that upset about losing inv dp since hopefully i'll see more character variety, fewer CA's per match since people are using meter on defense to get those i frames, and fewer people blocking outside of throw range on my wake up instead of trying to do something stupid or mistime a meaty.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 6, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

someone compiled changes they noticed in the PSX build:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QBjFjsdMevMnO46a1iewsR0Diav5fbwj4_6Cku1FHUE/preview

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If that's close to final changes then we can safely assume capcom know nothing about their own game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sick birdie changes, not.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

why do they keep saying they'll buff chars and dont/ i hoenstly dont get it lol

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

anime was right posted:

Bison got some good buffs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It reads like Mika is dead. Like, put her in a body bag dead. You will be missed, titty girl.

Chun lost air legs, but she's apparently getting piano legs? And it's +3 on hit because you can combo into cr.lk? Also now she combos from lows and gets to extend combos with V-Trigger? And grey life recovers more slowly and st.HP is even more annoying? So she's still stupid, she just lost a low crush because people gotta mash cr.lp tbf.

I'm kinda not seeing what's the general design philosophy on the rebalancing, even though it doesn't read that bad overall. No meterless DP so pressure is better, but you also gently caress with throw follow-ups so pressure is worse, and then grey life being more of a factor means you'd rather play safe anyway? Ryu seems relatively untouched, so are they aiming for the mythical ~~footsie-based gameplay~~ although you still deal no damage/get no advantage without resources or a jump-in?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
footsie based gameplay where buttons do no damage, have no reach and dont cancel

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Ah, so it is about Street Fighter V

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Dias posted:

It reads like Mika is dead. Like, put her in a body bag dead. You will be missed, titty girl.

Chun lost air legs, but she's apparently getting piano legs? And it's +3 on hit because you can combo into cr.lk? Also now she combos from lows and gets to extend combos with V-Trigger? And grey life recovers more slowly and st.HP is even more annoying? So she's still stupid, she just lost a low crush because people gotta mash cr.lp tbf.

I'm kinda not seeing what's the general design philosophy on the rebalancing, even though it doesn't read that bad overall. No meterless DP so pressure is better, but you also gently caress with throw follow-ups so pressure is worse, and then grey life being more of a factor means you'd rather play safe anyway? Ryu seems relatively untouched, so are they aiming for the mythical ~~footsie-based gameplay~~ although you still deal no damage/get no advantage without resources or a jump-in?

Ryu's moves are slower overall, jumping lk nerfed, dp nerfed, but apparently he gets a bit faster in v-trigger? Also he got his damage overall nerfed (but maybe that's for everyone?). V-trigger doesn't last very long, so faster moves just means a new combo you can cancel into v-trigger from, no actually strategic point to being in v-trigger and playing neutral game or whatever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
[JURI]
-pinwheel motion changed from Kicks -> Punches

Cool. I mean it really should've been that way but a mere half a year later to address it isn't bad.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Instead of nerfing dps, why doesn't Capcom make oki less garbage?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dunno about that list. He listed Fang as having no changes but I thought his v trigger was all different now?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Arzachel posted:

Instead of nerfing dps, why doesn't Capcom make oki less garbage?

Oki is ridiculously strong in SFV, it's just really simplistic: see any throw loops.

e: I mean look at this https://twitter.com/Furious_blog/status/804819356450336773

apple fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 6, 2016

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

Lying to themselves as much as they are the rest of us.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait, it's strong compared to what? Of course it's stronger than going back to neutral but that's most if not all fighting games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I dunno about that list. He listed Fang as having no changes but I thought his v trigger was all different now?

https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/806146490389450752

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Reading that doc it shows now that buster claw for vega now crush counters them into the air instead of a ground spin which is great cuz now I can actually get some damage off the cc instead of a slide.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Dias posted:

Wait, it's strong compared to what? Of course it's stronger than going back to neutral but that's most if not all fighting games.

anytime you kd someone in sf5 it's almost always going to be a 50/50 situation for the person waking up

that's why you get those throw loop situations (because you guessed wrong)

mika (RIP) could make it even more stacked because her options could cover multiple wake up options, especially in the corner

so it's reminiscent of sf4 vortex

General Morden fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 6, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

General Morden posted:

anytime you kd someone in sf5 it's almost always going to be a 50/50 situation for the person waking up

that's why you get those throw loop situations (because you guessed wrong)

mika (RIP) could make it even more stacked because her options could cover multiple wake up options, especially in the corner

a 50/50 should happen tho, why shouldn't it? strike vs throw as a 50/50 could be solved with wake-up throw invuln like in the the plethora of fgs that use this. like st or gg. as opposed to nerfing pressure all together.

this change list reads like a point by point response to YouTube comments on match videos

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

never said it shouldn't happen

just that a lot of chars don't have access to an invincible reversal to get out of that situation so you get those vids where they're just getting dunked on repeatedly

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

with community feedback from people who can't block the 300th slap and/or wakeup dp from supersilver's king ElReyDePuertoRick2003 incorporated into the season 2 patch, Street Fighter 5's future is brighter than ever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the next season of sfv should have that guy aris as a voice dlc and he says nage everytime you throw and okay, okisemmy when someone gets up after knockdown. and if you lose there should be a voice dlc of seth killian crying

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

okizumi

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

not just a 50/50

MORE THAN A 50/50

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
Guess there won't be much in the way of system changes, looking back at the other games post SF4 that seems pretty normal now. It's too bad because like most people I like parts of this game but find grinding away at it impossible, I play with buddies irl like once a month and online a few hours here and there in between.

Wonder if there will be fixes to the player/character stat UI so that it means something now or if we can finally hear character themes in VS lol

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
People can say what they think about DOA5 but at least Team Ninja understood their cast better than Capcom.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I could be wrong, but doesn't that change to Ken's b.mp mean that jab -> b.mp and crush counter hp -> run -> target combo doesn't work anymore?

If so Ken got loving castrated lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

never said it shouldn't happen

just that a lot of chars don't have access to an invincible reversal to get out of that situation so you get those vids where they're just getting dunked on repeatedly

Excuse me as I weep for them over my pool cue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the next season of sfv should have that guy aris as a voice dlc and he says nage everytime you throw and okay, okisemmy when someone gets up after knockdown. and if you lose there should be a voice dlc of seth killian crying

lol

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The followup

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/806298672237461504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:(

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
She was a good doggo. May she rest in peace

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc