Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Came in here to post something snarky like "lol should I buy the Windows 10 version" but just wanted to say this is awesome. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

widespread posted:

I got it. Run Marked Target/Cold Blooded/Hardwired/Silenced NV4 (preferrably Flatline but eh whatever works). Boom, you're now part of the meta.

There fallout variation is also acceptable as 99% of the people use it despite never getting near a nuke.

E: Vulture and phase shift. Get involved, it's a lot of fun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Puckish Rogue posted:

There fallout variation is also acceptable as 99% of the people use it despite never getting near a nuke.

E: Vulture and phase shift. Get involved, it's a lot of fun.

Ooh, that sounds like a nice fucker of a class. But uh yeah, I'll try both classes tonight since I CAN SEE AGAIN AFTER DAYS WITHOUT CONTACTS.

I CAN SHOOT MANS IN SPACE AGAIN but eh.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Hi folks. My house was broken into today and my PlayStation was stolen (along with my Xbox). Feel free to send as many offensive messages to me as possible. I'm sure there's a way to get it recovered. They're already trying to change the password on, which I'm getting messages on my phone saying right now. So spam AhChaChaChaCha with tons of dick pics and gay sex pics. Seriously. gently caress those people.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

That loving sucks. I assume you've filed a police report- maybe mention that they are logging in with your system, they might be able to trace the IP? :shrug: I don't know if that would really work, but they would have to work directly with Sony support or something.

A couple of years ago a friend got his house broken into and they stole his 360 and logged in using his account, he tried calling Microsoft but kinda dragged their feet on it saying they aren't really allowed to do that unless working directly with the police.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Wazzit posted:

That loving sucks. I assume you've filed a police report- maybe mention that they are logging in with your system, they might be able to trace the IP? :shrug: I don't know if that would really work, but they would have to work directly with Sony support or something.

A couple of years ago a friend got his house broken into and they stole his 360 and logged in using his account, he tried calling Microsoft but kinda dragged their feet on it saying they aren't really allowed to do that unless working directly with the police.

Yes. There's a police report. Here's the rub: I'm out of the country on vacation. Literally my first day overseas and this happens. It will happen, but will have to happen when I get back home.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Wazzit posted:

That loving sucks. I assume you've filed a police report- maybe mention that they are logging in with your system, they might be able to trace the IP? :shrug:

That only happens on TV. In real life you can walk into a police station with a cerberus dump of your stolen phone's address complete with a shot of the thief's face from the front facing camera and they're like uhhh hes in the next town over so uhhh sorry.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, if it isn't grand theft, they don't care. And even then...
That's a bummer, man. I hope your home insurance covers it. You should lock out your account if you haven't already.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

ENHANCE!!!!!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I uh... yeah. Thanks IW for making this a Level 4 unlock.

Also Hardcore Domination is pretty good. Less likely to worry about getting your needed shots to kill, due to being killed by a gust of wind. Also managed to go positive.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, if it isn't grand theft, they don't care. And even then...
That's a bummer, man. I hope your home insurance covers it. You should lock out your account if you haven't already.

I had two factor enabled already and my password is required for purchases. I was receiving the requests to reset the password via two factor via text message while on the phone with the cops. So I've deactivated the PlayStation. It should have locked them out. If not it will the next time it starts up. No psn or free games for you, assholes!

And my insurance is good so I should be fine. I have either a $250 or $500 deductible and didn't hit nearly the max. I've held renters/home owners for years. Now I know why. The funny things are 1. The cops missed them my minutes, but DID scout the neighborhood looking for them and found my backpack apparently and 2. Stayed at the house until my landlord could get there to shore up the window they smashed.

For the record, I have a Samsung SmartThings security setup and it worked. Like. A. Charm. I knew when they were at the back door trying it and when they successfully got it open and called the cops - from Europe - instantly. God bless technology.

Guess I'll be picking up a pro to replace it once the insurance rolls in. Not sure I'll replace the Xbox though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That sucks ACha. I've been broken into as well except I was really poor at the time and while they stole a bunch of stuff it wasn't enough to hit my deductible so I would have ended up paying for everything either way and couldn't afford it :(

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

widespread posted:

I uh... yeah. Thanks IW for making this a Level 4 unlock.

Also Hardcore Domination is pretty good. Less likely to worry about getting your needed shots to kill, due to being killed by a gust of wind. Also managed to go positive.

The first one ever I got from a drone package was an AP-3X, so I guess that's perfectly fair :v:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I had a match earlier where I got an Apex, followed by an RC8, followed by a Thor from packages :allears:

They went well with the legit earned Apex from the RAW :getin:

Apex challenges are comparatively easy next to the loving insaneo air mastery challenges like 'blow up ground streaks with air streaks' or 'get triple kills with useless bombing streaks that suck rear end against spawn protection'.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

housefly posted:

I had two factor enabled already and my password is required for purchases. I was receiving the requests to reset the password via two factor via text message while on the phone with the cops. So I've deactivated the PlayStation. It should have locked them out. If not it will the next time it starts up. No psn or free games for you, assholes!

And my insurance is good so I should be fine. I have either a $250 or $500 deductible and didn't hit nearly the max. I've held renters/home owners for years. Now I know why. The funny things are 1. The cops missed them my minutes, but DID scout the neighborhood looking for them and found my backpack apparently and 2. Stayed at the house until my landlord could get there to shore up the window they smashed.

For the record, I have a Samsung SmartThings security setup and it worked. Like. A. Charm. I knew when they were at the back door trying it and when they successfully got it open and called the cops - from Europe - instantly. God bless technology.

Guess I'll be picking up a pro to replace it once the insurance rolls in. Not sure I'll replace the Xbox though.

I was wondering about your security system! I wonder if the thieves knew you were going out of town...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ccj_7DWgA

Bunch of new variants/camos/taunts etc.

Shockingly, all the variants are buyable with salvage immediately, none are crate locked.

There are also new rare variants (including a faster burst version of the R3K!)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yes but good luck ever affording three epics from salvage. First with your 8000 from mission teams, second from the leftover + grind then it's over two months to get one if you average 100 salvage a day.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Do you suppose they'll ever let you purchase armor pieces for salvage? I've got the epics I want at this point, and would love to finally get my hands on some of the merc pieces ive been waiting to open.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

Yes but good luck ever affording three epics from salvage. First with your 8000 from mission teams, second from the leftover + grind then it's over two months to get one if you average 100 salvage a day.

have you considered spending more money on crates for salvage

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

People who spent tokens on stupid poo poo like the drone package are going to be refunded. Thank you based god.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/806215916727844864

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Deofuta posted:

People who spent tokens on stupid poo poo like the drone package are going to be refunded. Thank you based god.

I should get one of these because even though I just prestiged after the change I would have done it sooner had the loving double xp actually worked :colbert:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Starting the "no silencers in my loadouts" club but offsetting this by noobtubing from great heights and finishing with airborne hip fired headshots so that people still call me a cheap prick.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Deofuta posted:

How about giving us more scrap for those drat duplicates? :argh:

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Leaving the pre patch volk unlockers in the dirt.

Where they belong.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Deofuta posted:

booyah

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Ok, so the new ones are:
  • R3K - Spearhead (Rare): Decreased delay between bursts, increased recoil. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Type-2 - Atomic (Legendary): Gets nukes. Reduced spread while sliding.
  • Mauler - Grizzly (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Move faster while crouched.
  • Titan - Vile (Common): Move faster while crouched.
  • KBS - Affliction (Legendary): Damage reduces movement speed. Faster melee.
  • EBR-800 - Bomber (Epic): Charged 3-round burst. Infinite breath hold duration.
  • Banshee - Slither (Common): Reduced spread while sliding.
  • DCM-8 - Epitatch (Epic): Each shot reduces hip fire spread. Reduced recoil.
  • Rack-9 - Volatile (Legendary): Random attachment on spawn. Move faster while crouched.
  • EMC - Heavy Weight (Common): Faster melee.
  • Oni - Amped (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Hailstorm - Thunder (Epic): Fast-cycling auto-burst, increased recoil. Reduced sway.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They seriously expect people to take down scorestreaks with the R3K or Oni?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
up until the vulture buff that was completely justified

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

They seriously expect people to take down scorestreaks with the R3K or Oni?

It's probably for people who never want an anti-scorestreak class ever.

Which is dumb, since the ERAD Reckoning exists and needs just a laser to function even though I'm conditioned to ADS all day.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Ok, so the new ones are:
  • R3K - Spearhead (Rare): Decreased delay between bursts, increased recoil. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Type-2 - Atomic (Legendary): Gets nukes. Reduced spread while sliding.
  • Mauler - Grizzly (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Move faster while crouched.
  • Titan - Vile (Common): Move faster while crouched.
  • KBS - Affliction (Legendary): Damage reduces movement speed. Faster melee.
  • EBR-800 - Bomber (Epic): Charged 3-round burst. Infinite breath hold duration.
  • Banshee - Slither (Common): Reduced spread while sliding.
  • DCM-8 - Epitatch (Epic): Each shot reduces hip fire spread. Reduced recoil.
  • Rack-9 - Volatile (Legendary): Random attachment on spawn. Move faster while crouched.
  • EMC - Heavy Weight (Common): Faster melee.
  • Oni - Amped (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Hailstorm - Thunder (Epic): Fast-cycling auto-burst, increased recoil. Reduced sway.

That's a lot of words to just say "nothing worth getting".

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

56 kills, an apex, two AUAVs, 5 man party, 5/6 players (very) positive, the 6th was negative due to being afk half the match. And we lost the Dom game :cripes:

We are literally the worst.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ABC

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

victrix posted:

56 kills, an apex, two AUAVs, 5 man party, 5/6 players (very) positive, the 6th was negative due to being afk half the match. And we lost the Dom game :cripes:

I went 47-13 in TDM solo, and I lost. Pubbies ain't poo poo. :sigh::respek::(

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

victrix posted:

oh and remind me to quote this when people complain about playing tdm too much

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Protip for anyone dumb enough to be going for camo challenges:

For the slide kills, take gung ho. Normally if you fire, it'll cancel your sprint and prevent you from sliding. Gung ho you can start shooting, slide, and finish the kill. It also helps with the registration of the loving slide kills because half of them seem to not count if you get the kill near the end of the slide even if the low blow medal pops up.

This assumes you have a controller you can shoot and slide at the same time with of course :v:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I bought the legacy bundle just for MW. I am a big stupid baby.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
So it looks like the support our troops camo pack thing is up for sale now.

The emblem on the right needs a third line on either side imo.

and cant forget the ring!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

This assumes you have a controller you can shoot and slide at the same time with of course :v:

Sliding is way easier to do with a normal controller since you can just use Tactical and not give up anything with the removal of panic knifing. Heck, I have a pro controller and still use Tactical for sliding.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
I'm tempted to double dip for COD IW/MW:R, already have on Bone, thinking of getting for PS4. Am I a broken person ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

mfny posted:

I'm tempted to double dip for COD IW/MW:R, already have on Bone, thinking of getting for PS4. Am I a broken person ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWrtXA_wvK8

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 7, 2016

• Locked thread