Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nodm
Jul 17, 2011

wdarkk posted:

For the last slot on the Dunkirque, damage control 2 or rudder 2?

I really need rudder 2 for angling and dodging torps, cv's especially love that long broadside (but I never do the facetank/reverse thing I see a lot of Dunks doing, in which case I guess DC2 is the better option).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

This seems relevant here

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It would be rather lovely if we could see French and Italian destroyers before 2018, but somehow I doubt it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

wdarkk posted:

For the last slot on the Dunkirque, damage control 2 or rudder 2?

I think it is a playstyle thing. I personally run dc2 because pubbies throw a lot of HE at me because I refuse to not bpw on. On the other hand, atsf suggest rudder to better dodge torpedos. I've been thinking lately that the engine mod might be useful too to fix her slow reaction when shifting to reverse or back forward from reverse.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

underage at the vape shop posted:

IDGI I'm shooting and hitting center mass yet I'm doing no damage to anything at all. I've played around 10 rounds now and killed absolutely nothing. This is with HE too :(

Sounds odd, which ship? And by centre mass do you mean you're hitting the hull, or the superstructure? You're clicking the red botes, not the green ones, right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Heartcatch posted:

It would be rather lovely if we could see French and Italian destroyers before 2018, but somehow I doubt it.

German Destroyers are next, and Russian Battleships will probably come after that, since they were originally meant to come out this year, and hence should be asset complete, but were kicked back for RN cruisers after it started turning into a PR crisis.

I figure once those are done, they'll alternate RN and French lines, with the US cruiser split as a palate cleanser somewhere in the middle.

e: q then e, not just q :doh:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTRabbit posted:

Sounds odd, which ship? And by centre mass do you mean you're hitting the hull, or the superstructure? You're clicking the red botes, not the green ones, right?

The Diana, the starter US/Jap cruisers.

I figured it out I think, I'm getting uptiered

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

German Destroyers are next, and Russian Battleships will probably come after that, since they were originally meant to come out this year, and hence should be asset complete, but were kicked back for RN cruisers after it started turning into a PR crisis.

I figure once those are done, they'll alternate RN and French lines, with the US cruiser split as a palate cleanser somewhere in the middle.

russian battleship line ends at what, tier 4 then its all crap that never existed?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

underage at the vape shop posted:

IDGI I'm shooting and hitting center mass yet I'm doing no damage to anything at all. I've played around 10 rounds now and killed absolutely nothing. This is with HE too :(

That's not at all what you want to do with HE, that's the problem. He damage is reduced by armor, so if you hit a ship's belt plating, you'll do nothing. Ideally you want to hit the deck and superstructure, you'll do more damage and start fires.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Do you reckon we might get RN Battleship line in Q2 next year then? Something like that.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I got the St Louis and all my problems are gone :black101:

i did mean the superstructure yeah. Getting more of the hang of it though, alt tabbed and missed the start of a game just now and ended up getting 4 kills, 3 of which were from full health. The last 2 enemies were a half health Battleship and a destroyer, got the battleship and the destroyer survived on a sliver.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Missouri is 750k free xp.

Elusif fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 6, 2016

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

:vince:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

russian battleship line ends at what, tier 4 then its all crap that never existed?

Pretty much. Presumably there's a bunch of drawings, because Sovetsky Soyuz would have been neither the first, nor the last, of Stalin's dreamboats, but none of it actually happened.

This is partly why, after we got fantasy Russian destroyers and cruisers, the Russian battleships were kicked back and we got RN cruisers this year, because by then even the Russian server was not impressed.

Aramoro posted:

Do you reckon we might get RN Battleship line in Q2 next year then? Something like that.

Couldn't really say. There's enough juice to make all of the RN and French lines with only moderate levels of French paper required, but they could do RN destroyers first, save the battleship kick for the next financial year. Especially since there's enough RN destroyers to make two lines.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 6, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I admit French DDs might bring me back if Steel Ocean doesn't make them first. I want one of those crazy 43 knot ones.

Or Italian ships. One of those 40 knot light cruisers designed to fight the 43 knot french DDs would be fun.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Looking forward to condottieri class. 20mm belts ahoy! (they'll probably just do the thicker Giussani hull rather than let players suffer the magic of DD autopens)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Seriously though all botegames need more Italian ships. They look really cool and fun.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They'd have to reach hard for tier 9 and 10 battleships though, probably copying the "upscale the Bismarck" German idea, because the Italians stopped cold at Littorio.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I dunno, though. "We have to invent 2 ships at the end but otherwise this is an interesting and fun historical navy" isn't nearly as egregious as the Russian lines.

I wonder how they'd model the Italian's Gun Actually Has Too High A Muzzle Velocity deal? Or their total disregard for electronics?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Night10194 posted:

I dunno, though. "We have to invent 2 ships at the end but otherwise this is an interesting and fun historical navy" isn't nearly as egregious as the Russian lines.

I wonder how they'd model the Italian's Gun Actually Has Too High A Muzzle Velocity deal? Or their total disregard for electronics?

Flat trajectories suck for deck pen, and the too high velocity is mainly a problem in terms of wear, which would be either accuracy or outside the scope.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

NTRabbit posted:

From my understanding even the Russian players were like, "why the gently caress do you keep making Russian navy stuff when there is no RN or Kriegsmarine/Kaiserliche Marine ships yet?"

Seriously. The Russian navy Battleships are going to have to be 100% paper from tier IV on.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Night10194 posted:

Probably not at all, but they could give them lower base accuracy.

An Italian battleship line wouldn't be anywhere near as egregious as the Russian one, but I think it and the French line both have an issue at tier 7: they have to take undergunned 8x 13.5"/12x 12" design proposals, or 8/6 x 16" armed alternatives from the same process, which then have to step back down to 15" at tier 8.

Cruisers seem to be the bigger problem for Italy, and Wargaming won't make a tree unless they can complete a cruiser line for it first.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 6, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
750k feels about as much as I thought it would be.

Seems like a slightly better Iowa, which in my opinion isn't a very fun boat to play.

With 750k you can skip several tier 9's that you don't like playing...

Most people would say the Izumo, any of the cv.... just doesn't seem worth it.

Get a tier 9 premium?

Or I could literally have both tier 10 cv's fully upgraded, with some leftover.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

From my understanding even the Russian players were like, "why the gently caress do you keep making Russian navy stuff when there is no RN or Kriegsmarine/Kaiserliche Marine ships yet?"

Seriously. The Russian navy Battleships are going to have to be 100% paper from tier IV on.

I will forgive them if they give us the circular coastal defence battleship from the late 1800's

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Polyakov posted:

I will forgive them if they give us the circular coastal defence battleship from the late 1800's

The Novograd? I doubt it! That was one of the awesomest ships ever though, and it was more of river ironclad than a coastal battleship.

Speaking of which, I bought the Mikasa for 10 bucks. And it is terrible. So loving terrible, it is awesome.

It makes me wish there was a version of this game that covered ships from about 1875 to 1906.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ZombieLenin posted:

The Novograd? I doubt it! That was one of the awesomest ships ever though, and it was more of river ironclad than a coastal battleship.

Speaking of which, I bought the Mikasa for 10 bucks. And it is terrible. So loving terrible, it is awesome.

It makes me wish there was a version of this game that covered ships from about 1875 to 1906.

World of Rule The Waves: The Kaiser Demands Something Stupid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Novograd should be part of a special event mode a bit like the Moonbase in Tanks - bumper ships

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Night10194 posted:

Seriously though all botegames need more Italian ships. They look really cool and fun.

The war thunder thread has been saying this about planes for so long its a meme

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ZombieLenin posted:

Mikasa is torture. You will get dunked on by anyone and everyone. It is ludicrously unfair that it gets to see T3 battleships.

I got one for free and I still feel like I overpaid.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

jownzy posted:

750k feels about as much as I thought it would be.

Seems like a slightly better Iowa, which in my opinion isn't a very fun boat to play.

With 750k you can skip several tier 9's that you don't like playing...

Most people would say the Izumo, any of the cv.... just doesn't seem worth it.

Get a tier 9 premium?

Or I could literally have both tier 10 cv's fully upgraded, with some leftover.

I had saved up about 86k since the rumors started, but with 750k confirmed and already owning an Iowa I opted to use it to jump up the IJN DDs to Shiratsuyu instead.

EDIT: Actually, want captain skills do you want on the Shiratsuyu? The first three are easy (BFT -> Last Stand -> Superintendent), but after that should I pick up Expert Marksman, or Demolition Expert?

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 6, 2016

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Yeah, I'm never ever going to get one of those unless I somehow pull another half dozen 100k free exp supercontainers out of my rear end.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

AfroSquirrel posted:

I had saved up about 86k since the rumors started, but with 750k confirmed and already owning an Iowa I opted to use it to jump up the IJN DDs to Shiratsuyu instead.

EDIT: Actually, want captain skills do you want on the Shiratsuyu? The first three are easy (BFT -> Last Stand -> Superintendent), but after that should I pick up Expert Marksman, or Demolition Expert?

you mean AFT? that's what i went with since it's going toward Akiducky who is not an HE monster. if it was purely for shiratsuyu, demolition must be pretty drat good for when you're trying to bait out someone's damecon with flooding and fires.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Space Flower posted:

you mean AFT? that's what i went with since it's going toward Akiducky who is not an HE monster. if it was purely for shiratsuyu, demolition must be pretty drat good for when you're trying to bait out someone's damecon with flooding and fires.

I wasn't actually planning to move on to T8, since I like having both torps and guns. Still, looking at concealment and IJN arcs AFT might beat out DE. The real question was more whether or not EM is worth it to deal with that painful DD turret turn.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I am perversely enjoying the New Orleans, specifically liking supporting friendly dd's which are contesting caps. Also, it shits on cruisets that show broadside. The real downside is Tier X matches.

I also considered getting the Mikasa because history, but I felt it would be very unfun to play.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ZombieLenin posted:

The Mikasa exists so you can help pubbie and seal-clubbers clear their torpedo missions quickly.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Took the old Yubari out for a spin and :staredog:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Will the game eventually have anime ships for every class or are there just going to be a slew of cruisers and BBs?

I would like an anime carrier that send anime planes that make anime explosions.

:lol:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Chill la Chill posted:

Will the game eventually have anime ships for every class or are there just going to be a slew of cruisers and BBs?

I would like an anime carrier that send anime planes that make anime explosions.

:lol:

The collaboration is over at the end of December, so what we've got is what we're getting. And if you don't get your Takao or whatever before the end of December, you're totally out of luck.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I've been seeing people clamoring about devs saying stealth fire is getting removed at some point in the future. Does anyone know if that's a thing or did someone just missread a dev post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

wdarkk posted:

The collaboration is over at the end of December, so what we've got is what we're getting. And if you don't get your Takao or whatever before the end of December, you're totally out of luck.

We are, however, about to wind up with High School Fleet as a collab. So. Uh. We have not yet seen the end of anime ships and anime girls.

But everything I can think of in High School Fleet is a Destroyer, Cruiser or Battleship.

Japan doesn't think Carriers are sexy.