Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My [20M] girlfriend [20F] isn't treating my handheld fairly. How much of a problem is this?

Hello r/relationships, throwaway because she knows I reddit and browses with me.

We're both college students, dating one year and a half now, known each other for two. We've been living together in a frat for an year and also are co-interns for about an year too. I don't think there's anything wrong between us, except this...

More or less in the middle of the year I bought a Nintendo 3DS for myself, used, for the price of two internship salaries. (3DS's are expensive here and my salary is half-time minimum wage.) I never shared it with her because she never was too interested in games, until I got a cartridge that allows me to pirate games.

Trying to make her happy and interest her in games, I suggested her trying Yokai Watch on my 3DS. Just a day after, she damaged the thumbstick with her nails and then after hit it against a hard surface and chipped some plastic. These were both by accident, and only damaged the console aesthetically. I was a bit sad, of course, and she offered to fix it or even buy a new one for me, but I said that was too much. Just change the stick somewhere and glue the plastic, not that much of a biggie.

Today, she was pretty stuck on a Yokai Watch battle. Not used to video games, forgot to save before a boss battle and lost a lot of in-game money. But, as I happened to watch her try, she was getting so pissed at it to the point that she punched the console. What the hell?

I can understand not being careful on day 1 and hurting the console a bit, ok. I can understand being pissed at a game and punching a pillow, ok. I can't understand punching an expensive electronic device that's not even yours.

My question is, how much of a problem is this? Is this something to glance over, or to demand a new console, or an understandable position in between? I am, honestly, stumped.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

TL;DR: Girlfriend abused my (expensive) console a bit, okay. Girlfriend punches it, and now it's a problem. However, how big of a problem is it?

Yokai Watch just kicks you back to the start of the boss battle. She wouldn't lose anything.

Anyway, just tell her that she can't play with your handheld anymore. Why is this a big deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bonster posted:

How would you eat three cake pops? They're balls of frosting and chocolate with a little bit of cake - one is more than enough.

(Note: I do not like cake pops)

All of these people are way fatter than you are picturing them. Like, way fatter.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My [20M] girlfriend [20F] isn't treating my handheld fairly. How much of a problem is this?

I would have her fork over the cash for a new one, and give the busted one to her.

And then :sever: because apparently she is a child that can't be trusted around expensive poo poo that isn't hers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Try calmly asking your girlfriend not to destroy property in a fit of rage over a game for actual children

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

karate kick her favorite thing in front of her, to establish dominance

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Khorne posted:

Some of them seem to just want to differentiate themselves from or feel superior to people who have children. Which is most people. Also odd to me.

Being DINKs is awesome. Well, DINKs that have good incomes and a great relationship, anyway.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

karate kick her favorite thing in front of her, to establish dominance

this but unironically

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I suspect most of the stuff in /r/chilldfree is more like thathappened.txt

Anyway...

Boyfriend (22) wants my (25F) in-game items, I said no. Now I am having second thoughts. Did I have a selfish moment? (Maybe other gamer couples can help lol)

quote:

Hello. Throwaway.

I (25F) met my boyfriend (22M) a year ago, we are great together and I love him. This is not anything serious. I was just hoping for some advice, on what to do with an argument we had yesterday.
We are both gamers, and have in the past 8 months or so played two games together. Almost every single day we would spend several hours playing.

Sometimes I take a break from my games, I leave all my achievements (gold, items) behind and if/when I decide to go back, I know my hard work will be there waiting for me.
I recently happened to lose interest in the games we played, and ended up taking a break.

Knowing I will most likely return at some point. I just left my accounts as they were. Didn't sell them, or give away stuff. I mean, those are memories, and things I worked very very hard for.
Now to the issue! He wants my items/gold, since he still plays He wanted to benefit from it, and help himself with the gold I earned and so on.

I told him that there was no chance of that happening. That it was stuff I spend countless of hours working for, and that I want it to be there when I return to the game.

The argument was yesterday, and now I feel a little silly and perhaps selfish. I love him, and I obviously don't want to make it seem like the game means more to me, than him.

I kinda wish he had never asked me to give up my work, even though I could probably achieve it again. On one side, I feel selfish. On another side I feel like I am entitled to not wanting to give away the things I worked for within the game.

Maybe you guys can shine a light and tell me what is right? I am open for the better. Maybe I am just having a selfish moment.
Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: Played game with boyfriend. I took a break from game. Boyfriend wants my items. I said no. Was that selfish of me?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hello r/relationships, throwaway because she knows I reddit and browses with me.

We're both college students, dating one year and a half now, known each other for two. We've been living together in a frat for an year and also are co-interns for about an year too. I don't think there's anything wrong between us, except this...

More or less in the middle of the year I bought a Nintendo 3DS for myself, used, for the price of two internship salaries. (3DS's are expensive here and my salary is half-time minimum wage.) I never shared it with her because she never was too interested in games, until I got a cartridge that allows me to pirate games.

she should :sever: from the guy who was dumb enough to fork out for an expensive Gateway card in 2016 when you can just install homebrew directly and pirate for free

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
i'm lollin at the mental image of someone punching a 3ds

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
How do you even punch a handheld? Punch it out of your other hand? Put it down and lay into it? Just tell her that that isn't cool and please don't punch my stuff. People who suggest taking it away from her or forcing her to buy a new one (unless it is actually broken for real?), that's pretty weird.

And if it is broken for real, I am impressed by that girl's punching.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Troposphere posted:

i'm lollin at the mental image of someone punching a 3ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1W5mk7u2c

Jeza posted:

How do you even punch a handheld? Punch it out of your other hand? Put it down and lay into it? Just tell her that that isn't cool and please don't punch my stuff. People who suggest taking it away from her or forcing her to buy a new one (unless it is actually broken for real?), that's pretty weird.

I'm assuming it is fairly damaged, because the OP didn't mind much when it was just chipped off.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

HardDiskD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1W5mk7u2c

I'm assuming it is fairly damaged, because the OP didn't mind much when it was just chipped off.
https://youtu.be/i5n78KttjX8

wtf is this

is this a fetish

I'm confused

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Troposphere posted:

wtf is this

is this a fetish

I'm confused

Never attribute to fetish what you can attribute to mental illness...or is that the other way around? Anyway since seeing that guy's channel of him wearing a diaper and sitting on chairs with different glues, nothing on YT has the capacity to surprise me.

brotato
May 14, 2013
How do you get so mad at a game made for 5 year olds that you punch a gameboy. Get that bitch some anger management classes as part of her severance package.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Troposphere posted:

wtf is this

is this a fetish

I'm confused

It's always a fetish, buddy.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Reddit help! My [20F] boyfriend [22M] will only initiate sex after filming himself knocking everyday objects from short heights, also he wants to open our relationship via Youtube Capture

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 6, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Reddit help! My [20F] boyfriend [22M] will only initiate sex after film himself knocking everyday objects from short heights, also he wants to open our relationship via Youtube Capture

I'm not sure if this is made up but I'm not looking.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Please stop posting that impostor and support the real Punching Guy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jeza posted:

I know someone who, upon getting one of those "you have a virus" popups, panicked and elbowed the keyboard of their $2000 macbook. Totally hosed after that.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Khorne posted:

My (24 F) husband (26 M) abruptly adopted a Burmese python. It terrifies me, and I want to rehome it.
The follow up post is great too. She moved out while he was at work, had his reptile friend come over and yell at her husband, and everything ended happily ever after after it was rehomed.

This whole thing had another layer of stupid with him making her feed it and clean the enclosure because she's home more often. It's a drat python, it can wait weeks between feedings. I'm sure he could have worked it into his schedule.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I know someone who, upon getting one of those "you have a virus" popups, panicked and elbowed the keyboard of their $2000 macbook. Totally hosed after that.

I'll take "people born in the wrong generation" for $500

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [27 M] wife [26 F] is very hairy

Alright, I'm going to try my best to represent this situation fairly and clearly.

My wife and I have been married for 2.5 years. We were together for 2.5 years before that. I love her more than anything and I wouldn't dream of leaving even if this never works out in my favor.

The thing is, she is naturally a very hairy girl. She has a lot of body hair for a woman, more than I do, in fact. When we first started dating, she apparently did a lot of grooming so that it wouldn't show. For the first three years of our relationship, I didn't realize how much work she put into it. She must have spent hours every week plucking and shaving.

As we got more comfortable together, she gradually, and quite understandably, stopped taking this grooming so seriously. I'm all for everyone being comfortable in their own skin, and I still think she's beautiful, and she's her own person and can do as she pleases with her own body, so I've never said anything about it. I really believe this with all my heart and I never want to make her feel that she's anything other than beautiful in my eyes.

But truthfully, I've been finding myself less attracted to her physically. What started as less frequent grooming turned into never grooming, and now she has quite a natural amount of hair all over.

I like to think I'm a pretty progressive guy. I think it's deeply unfair that women are expected to shave and men are not. It can be painful and it's certainly not the kind of thing you're going to put yourself through if you feel comfortable with yourself as you are.

But. Lately it has been difficult for me to do things like oral sex, which I normally enjoy, because the amount of hair makes it hard for me not to end up with hair in my throat. Honestly I've begun to dread it because it's just not fun for me anymore. And overall I just don't feel as physically impassioned as I used to. Hairy nipples, hairy legs, hairy belly, these are all fairly new developments.

I don't think it's fair for me to say I don't like it. I don't think I have any right to tell her how she should look. Is there a tactful way to broach this topic without being an absolute terror dickhead? Is this what I signed up for? Should I just eat my cake? I love my wife and I hate that this is my response, but I need some guidance because I honestly don't know how to approach this, or even whether I ever should.

tl;dr: My wife doesn't like to shave like she did when we were dating, but I don't find all that body hair attractive and I feel like a jerk.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

This is my new fav, and I suspect I will be informing people that "my wife; she is very hairy" for a few weeks.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Guy sounds good/ normal. I think he should approach it from that angle, it's making him less attracted to her.

Idk like a comparison would be if your partner was really into beards and you just shaved yours off. Do whatever you want, obviously, but if that's something they are into / attracted to, it's kinda rude ?

Dude should communicate his discomfort or something, and angle it like a preference but not an ultimatum. Stuff like not enjoying going down on her should be really easy to compromise on, just tidy up, he's not even being insane and requesting full body wax or something. And he could frame it like he wouldn't keep his junk super hairy for the same reason. Comfort man. Comfort.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hate my handsome beard and my girlfriend is constantly talking me into keeping it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I have hairs that grow out of the tips of my fingers. My girlfriend has a problem with it. Should I shave them or sever?

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Guy sounds good/ normal. I think he should approach it from that angle, it's making him less attracted to her.

Idk like a comparison would be if your partner was really into beards and you just shaved yours off. Do whatever you want, obviously, but if that's something they are into / attracted to, it's kinda rude ?

Dude should communicate his discomfort or something, and angle it like a preference but not an ultimatum. Stuff like not enjoying going down on her should be really easy to compromise on, just tidy up, he's not even being insane and requesting full body wax or something. And he could frame it like he wouldn't keep his junk super hairy for the same reason. Comfort man. Comfort.

No normal person would post on reddit about this. How can you be MARRIED to someone and not be comfortable enough to say "hey lately I'm finding it kind of difficult to get my tongue in your crotch, could you please clear a pathway so I can sex you eaiser?" Nah better go running to the internet instead of having a 2 minute conversation.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can we put a moratorium on people using sex as a verb? It's not, and just makes you look like you never have.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Can we put a moratorium on people using sex as a verb? It's not, and just makes you look like you never have.

It's way better than Reddit's preference for the term "sexy times" which is just ughhhhhhhh.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WampaLord posted:

It's way better than Reddit's preference for the term "sexy times" which is just ughhhhhhhh.

Debatable, but let's stamp that out too.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

"my kitty"

"my girls"

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My wife [30F] and I [28M] have been having issues since she was promoted at our shared workplace.

quote:

To add to the title, "and I know it's my fault."

To add some background, the company we work for is a huge international banking conglomerate. I've been working for this company for about 5 years now. A few years ago, she needed a job and I put in a good word for her at my workplace. As it turned out, they put her in the same department that I work in. We work in the fraud research department, though I don't think that matters a whole lot.

So about two weeks ago, she was promoted to manager of our department. That's great and I am really proud of her, but one of my ideals is that I'm not going to professionally respect my boss until they prove themselves competent at their job. I say that because at this job I was one of the founding members of my department and I've had managers that have had no idea how to do their job and I've had to show them how to do it. I don't blatantly disrespect them but if I have to train my superior, I'm definitely not happy about it.

After my wife's promotion, she pretty quickly started implementing some of her own rules. Like, for example, I'm only allowed my one smoke break per day, it has to be less than five minutes, and it has to be scheduled and approved. Another rule she's imposed is that if anyone is off of our workflow for more than 5 minutes she will post their name in our internal work chat room that's shared across departments on our site and tell everyone that if they see that person out roaming around the building to send them back to our dept. I feel that these are generally good management choices, all-in-all, but they aren't doing standard employees any favors.

The issues we're having really stem from the fact that I don't professionally respect her. I love her and as a person in our day-to-day lives I respect her immensely. Just not as my manager. There was an incident today where my work computer's fan died, so without telling anyone I went to IT to have them give me a new tower while they popped a new fan into my old one. IT guy was like "Oh hey, in chat they said I'm supposed to send you back to Fraud ASAP."

So I got my tower and headed back, evidently visibly angry. After getting it back and setting it up I went to smoke because I was pissed off, which broke another of managment's new rules. After that and being told to not smoke unless approved, I went home, which is where we're at now.

I've talked about it with my wife briefly. She wants me to respect her as a professional immediately because all of the other people in our department respect me more than her as I'm the senior person in the department. I understand that if I show my support of her the others are likely to follow, but I also don't just bend to the will of others because it's beneficial.

Tldr: Wife is now my manager, this has caused some issues.

Edit: I feel that it's pertinent to mention that I don't want to be a manager, and I didn't apply for the job she has now. It's undue stress and the pay raise isn't worth it, to me.
Lol this dude is a major dickhead and I feel terrible for his wife

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

lol if my wife made workplace rules targeted at me I'd probably ignore them, as well. Offices aren't dictatorships and sometimes you ought to, err, civilly disobey when new policies are unreasonable. Obviously it's extra funny that it's this guy's wife but I don't think it's being "a dickhead" to ignore office policy in general. If anything he's standing up for his coworkers using his cache as a senior non-manager within the department.

One time I lead an insurrection against "weekend work" - our team of 5 was supposed to rotate who covered weekends and the result was no one covered weekends and things were fine.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 6, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My wife [30F] and I [28M] have been having issues since she was promoted at our shared workplace.

quote:

I understand that if I show my support of her the others are likely to follow, but I also don't just bend to the will of others because it's beneficial.
Lol this dude is a major dickhead and I feel terrible for his wife

Holy poo poo that's a special breed of rear end in a top hat

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

They never should have promoted a spouse to be in charge of their partner, it's just asking for trouble.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Those are some weird rear end rules though.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

I have hairs that grow out of the tips of my fingers. My girlfriend has a problem with it. Should I shave them or sever?

Shave the girlfriend, sever the fingers.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Those are some weird rear end rules though.
I don't think the smoke break one is unreasonable. Why do smokers feel they're entitled to more breaks than people that aren't jacking up the group health insurance rates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think the smoke break one is unreasonable. Why do smokers feel they're entitled to more breaks than people that aren't jacking up the group health insurance rates?
It's because telling a human being precisely how many short breaks they can take in a workday is explicitly dehumanizing and unreasonable and it's a drat shame that anyone is forced to tolerate such nonsense. Whether you use that break to smoke or not is orthogonal.