Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gortarius posted:

I gave up on watching entire episodes of this poo poo so I usually just find a few clips per episode and leave it at that.

With that said, what the gently caress was Spencer doing when he ran from the car? He just got out of the car and... ran to the woods? Why? Did he somehow know that a wise and powerful woodsman was there with a bow?

Heard the zombie which at this point is probably the dungeon music for finding a treasure chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Gortarius posted:

I gave up on watching entire episodes of this poo poo so I usually just find a few clips per episode and leave it at that.

With that said, what the gently caress was Spencer doing when he ran from the car? He just got out of the car and... ran to the woods? Why? Did he somehow know that a wise and powerful woodsman was there with a bow?

His zombey sense was tingling

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think it was a nod to Practical Magic and Spencer is Sandra Bullock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8bQKXk4At4

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Did anything of consequence happen in the Tara episode? I can't take her character or her face, but i watched the first and last couple of minutes and it seemed like a self-contained episode.

also lol at magically teleporting Jesus

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

People on the internet got mad at her for being fat.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

What was the deal with Jesus at the end? He made it to the compound on foot then got on top of one of the trucks as it was leaving, then disappeared? Logically, I would think he jumped into the truck to ride back out of there. But hell, considering this show, he might have just jumped down and is hiding in the zombie moat. And Daryl noticed him, but the guys on the look out roof didn't? Whatever the hell happened there was poorly narrated, I think.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

cjg posted:

What was the deal with Jesus at the end? He made it to the compound on foot then got on top of one of the trucks as it was leaving, then disappeared? Logically, I would think he jumped into the truck to ride back out of there. But hell, considering this show, he might have just jumped down and is hiding in the zombie moat. And Daryl noticed him, but the guys on the look out roof didn't? Whatever the hell happened there was poorly narrated, I think.

It was just one of those cliche "whoa that guy's such a ninja where'd he go?" things. Like there's a guy standing there on the sidewalk, a bus passes between him and the camera, and once the bus is gone he's not standing there anymore.

Jesus is a hilariously unrealistic ninja in the comic and I'm glad they aren't watering him down.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The truck has a small opening on top, I assumed Jesus slipped into the back of the truck.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
But why would he do that? It's just going to Alexandria.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus works in mysterious ways

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There better be a scene where someone and Jesus have to speed away and the other one grabs a gun and yells "Take the wheel, Jesus!"

Besides Carl being unable to shoot Negan through his plot armor, my favorite part was: "Take me to Negan!"; Next scene - Negan is in Alexandria.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 6, 2016

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't understand why the driver didn't point out that she's Negan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Michonne's storyline for the rest of the season is just be gonna be her going to various locations when Negan's not there.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lycus posted:

Michonne's storyline for the rest of the season is just be gonna be her going to various locations when Negan's not there.

*Michonne arrives at Alexandria* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the Kingdom* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the prison* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at S.T.A.R. Labs via interdimensional portal* Take me to Negan.
Oliver Queen: LISTEN I MICHONNE I NEED TO KEEP A SENSE OF NORMALCY
*Barry Allen is sad about timetravel*

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Lycus posted:

But why would he do that? It's just going to Alexandria.
His whole mission was to find out where the Saviors' base is. He's found it, and now he needs to get out. Alexandria is as good a place as any to return to. Plus he's probably a bit worried about Carl.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Jesus is going to infiltrate the base as one of Negan's wives.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

nooneofconsequence posted:

Jesus is going to infiltrate the base as one of Negan's wives.

gently caress yeah cross-dressing infiltration subplot, FFVII style. Or Mulan. Take your pick.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

Jesus works in mysterious ways

Honestly this show would be much better if it was The Adventures of Kung Fu Jesus in Zombieland.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I can't wait for Into The Badlands either.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Sorta assume Jesus is staying behind to rescue Daryl, might even be who slipped him the key (and we're supposed to be as suspicious as Daryl about it). He was on the roof of the truck, then Daryl looks up at the roof of the truck as he's walking away, before they cut back to the empty roof.

Boinks posted:

I can't wait for Into The Badlands either.

also this

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's not like Eugene is some genius bullet smith. He just knows where the press is. It'd probably take him all of an hour to teach someone else to make them.

I love that he is able to make a bullet in a machine shop. Out of a shell from a gun that is not the same caliber as the one Rosita has, without specific gunpowder, load data, specific primer, reloading press.../sperg

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rosita's gonna push that gun up to Negan's face and the bullet won't fire. Screentime well spent.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Lycus posted:

Rosita's gonna push that gun up to Negan's face and the bullet won't fire. Screentime well spent.

This was my immediate first thought too. Your entire plan revolves around a single makeshift bullet made out of pre-apocalypse scavenged materials that you aren't even sure will work and you've never even tried using before? Good luck with that. She's going to pull it and it won't fire.

And realistically speaking, there's no loving way that casing could be used in her gun. :v:

AbrahamLincolnLog fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 6, 2016

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Dongattack posted:

*Michonne arrives at Alexandria* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the Kingdom* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the prison* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at S.T.A.R. Labs via interdimensional portal* Take me to Negan.
Oliver Queen: LISTEN I MICHONNE I NEED TO KEEP A SENSE OF NORMALCY
*Barry Allen is sad about timetravel*

:perfect:

(oh god now I want a scenery chew-off, Negan vs. Rory/Snart)

Lycus posted:

Rosita's gonna bust in there thinking "wooo, Negan with minimal defense, I can get this one shot off" but Negan's got ultimate armor in having Judith in his arms. She'll get all psyched and then when she sees him get total ballistic blue balls because if she takes the shot, he'll drop the baby either way. That's my call.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
In this 90 minute episode:
Rick sees but doesn't arrive at a house maybe filled with stuff.
Daryl gets help to escape but we don't see him escape.
Michonne decides to take a shot at Negan but doesn't get close and now Negan's back at Alexandria where she should would be if her brain was functioning.
Carl decides to take a shot at Negan but doesn't....well we know what happened.
Rosita decides to take a shot at Negan but...not yet.

Blazing Ownager posted:

texaholic posted:

That walker got it's arms ripped off, I didn't see any head trauma. Thought it was gonna bite that dude's thigh

Same here, I kept laughing because I was sure Spencer was going to get bit in the balls and have to cut his own balls off

The way the scene was shot, it's the only thing you COULD think
I was laughing because it was a visual pun: Spencer disarmed the zombie hunter. See, he took the man's bow, and ALSO sheared off his arms. Much funnier than last week's sand pun.

But the rest of Spencer's arc was ridiculous. He randomly ran into the woods. The hunter had written notes of his supply stashes in Latin. And Spencer can read Latin. Of course.
Bigger coincidence than last week's 2 pairs of roller skates that fit Carl and Enid.

mcmagic posted:

Negan talks too much.

He really does over-explain everything. OTOH brutal dictators (eg Castro) enjoy giving speeches that go on for hours so.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's not like Eugene is some genius bullet smith. He just knows where the press is. It'd probably take him all of an hour to teach someone else to make them.

Who makes or repacks one bullet?! Last time I saw that was probably The Man With The Golden Gun.

quote:

Francisco Scaramanga: A duel between titans. My golden gun against your Walther PPK. Each of us with a 50-50 chance.
James Bond: Six bullets to your one?
Francisco Scaramanga: I only need one.

Next week:
What's-her-name:: Carl I noticed you were feeling down so I baked one regular size cookie. Here ya go.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 6, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

I think I've got a handle on how these writers think, now, so I'm guessing one of two things:

- She makes a dramatic choice to use that one bullet to save someone (probably Eugene) instead of killing Negan after getting a glance at his plot armor
- She makes an attempt, the gun gets confiscated and Negan plays with his bat while going "WHERE DID YOU MAKE THIS BULLET"

Binary Logic posted:

Carl decides to take a shot at Negan but doesn't....well we know what happened.

"You should kill yourself because you're already dead!" says the idiot who spent the day carrying a weapon while the guy he's threatening has his back turned near a railing, forgiving even the intro scene.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 6, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Binary Logic posted:

In this 90 minute episode:
Rick sees but doesn't arrive at a house maybe filled with stuff.

I think the zombie moat may have slowed him down. Just a guess.

quote:

He randomly ran into the woods.

He got out of the car to confront/sucker-punch/apologize after the preacher called him a poo poo and heard the zombie in the woods. It's probably fairly quiet in zombieland when their is near zero traffic, no airplanes overhead, etc. It's not like he ran three miles into the woods. He barely ran into the trees looked around confused until he looked up and saw where the noise was coming from.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

As bad as the writing has gotten, I like the idea of the villain essentially winning and thought it was a great way to open the season. My problem is they've spent the entire rest of the season with that villain gloating and dancing and mugging for the camera, and even the episodes where he's not around have everyone yelling "but what about... NEGAN?" I like JDM as an actor but good god is this character being overplayed. I liked the ridiculous Ezekiel episode, and then we don't go back there for months.

we are the Funyuns posted:

I think the zombie moat may have slowed him down. Just a guess.
I wish we'd seen that in this episode instead of dragging it out to next.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The next ep is the mid season finale, right? At least it's looking to be ending the first half season on guuuuuts.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

And realistically speaking, there's no loving way that casing could be used in her gun. :v:

Yup, I cannot recall what she picked up (revolver?) or it's caliber. But I am pretty damned certain it wasn't a deagle. As far as necessity of having the proper case, powder, primer and such, Eugene would have spent his time better making an ied.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

My problem is they've spent the entire rest of the season with that villain gloating and dancing and mugging for the camera

I think I narrowed down my problem. It's not that, or the mugging, or ANYTHING he's doing with the character: It's the plot armor.

The fact he's constantly doing all that while putting himself in situations where the motherfucker should die fifty times over and that's why it's jarring. All of his mugging goes from swagger over a beaten enemy to drat near breaking the 4th wall and giving a Deadpool-style discussion as to why he knows nobody can hurt him, the writers need him.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wish his wives had been happy, or his lieutenants, or anyone. Show me a reason for this dictatorship to work, even if it's just an elite few. There is no one who wouldn't be happier with this guy dead, even if someone else took his place. I mean there were a lot of poor choices with The Governor but for the average dude in Woodbury and his closest soldiers, things were pretty good.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

People aren't supposed to like him. They respect and fear him.

I think we're supposed to assume that many of his nameless background thugs are happy with the arrangement.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I don't see why any of them respect him either.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Maybe he just thinks they do. In that kneeling scene he told Carl they were showing him respect. But then he also seems to think that his wives are with him completely willingly.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

If Rosita/Michonne/etc publicly murder Negan and his crew cheers them on I'd forgive a lot of this season's nonsense.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm already hoping that Negan's Crew becomes the new Woodsbury citizenry for huge group of extra that almost immediately gets slaughtered next season.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zebulon posted:

I'm already hoping that Negan's Crew becomes the new Woodsbury citizenry for huge group of extra that almost immediately gets slaughtered next season.

They already have, right? Satellite outpost, biker dudes on the highway, truckload that Carol sleeve-uzi'd, they're not getting a whole lot of screentime other than D and Negan. Fat Joe takes a close second place, though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Johnny Truant posted:

They already have, right? Satellite outpost, biker dudes on the highway, truckload that Carol sleeve-uzi'd, they're not getting a whole lot of screentime other than D and Negan. Fat Joe takes a close second place, though.

Well, I meant in the sense that Rick's group takes them in at the end of the season to show there's no hard feelings and then they get turned into ablative extras for the big dramatic start to the next season. Because god drat was it hilarious to have everyone wondering just how they were going to deal with all those Woodbury citizens on the show, only for the answer to be that they all get murdered on a bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

cjg posted:

The next episode is a special extended one where we follow Jesus during the same events and get a new perspective.

Character development and poo poo.