Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Are you implying they drink alcohol at movie theatres?

Because that's probably correct.

I don't know but they sure like to drink when they talk about movies. Poor Mike's body is a sad tale of alcoholism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not a big fan of movies like vvitch. I much prefer good television like vvestvvorld.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish they still did Best of the Worst

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

but then we'd have to see and hear Josh

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Best of the VVorst

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

They do. In a Patreon update that went out on the first they said they're editing a new BotW.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's time for Christmas movies :jihad:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Best of the VVorst

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

They do. In a Patreon update that went out on the first they said they're editing a new BotW.

You're lying

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The VVitch was awesome. But I saw Neon Demon after the non-nerdy guy recommended it, and it sucked rear end.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're lying

I wouldn't normally do this, but the RLM thread loves to lie about poo poo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

The VVitch was awesome. But I saw Neon Demon after the non-nerdy guy recommended it, and it sucked rear end.

Thanks, I've been wondering if I should watch it but it looks pretty terrible.

Sometimes I think Jay trips over himself when a movie has "amazing visuals".

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you want a slow, boring movie with great visuals; go watch Stalker

It's the best boring, slow plodding movie youll ever see

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zzulu posted:

best film ever made

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

a bone to pick posted:

Thanks, I've been wondering if I should watch it but it looks pretty terrible.

Sometimes I think Jay trips over himself when a movie has "amazing visuals".

The RLM crew often overlook a lot of bad stuff if one aspect of the film is strong enough to carry it in their eyes. The craft of these components, after a film gets busted over their knees, is what drives them after all. gently caress movies.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i really like every other movie that nicolas vvinding refn has done except neon demon. just didnt do it for me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i really like every other movie that nicolas vvinding refn has done except neon demon. just didnt do it for me

I was one of two people in the cinema laughing at it. A lot of walkouts during the necrophilia scene. I burst out laughing at the eyeball bit. Tough crowd.
I thought it was hilarious but nowhere near as good as Drive or OGF. Valhalla Rising is still my favourite of his.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

mike12345 posted:

the non-nerdy guy

People in this RLM thread have very, very bad opinions. Neon Demon isn't a masterpiece or anything, but it's a good movie and it's good that there are directors out there with the balls to make this kind of thing. The eyeball scene with the lip twitch is loving awesome, and anybody who didn't stay for it is a loser.

Comments about people walking out of a movie really don't matter anymore either. I've recently seen hipsters show up to a screening of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and laugh at it like they'd walked into a Screening of The Room then leave early on when they figured out it wasn't ironic. Because the movie shows bad films sometimes, so they got confused. I think. Because if a theater shows bad movies sometimes, then it must just be a theater that does that and so you laugh at all the movies? Goddamn I hate people.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

revdrkevind posted:

People in this RLM thread have very, very bad opinions. Neon Demon isn't a masterpiece or anything, but it's a good movie and it's good that there are directors out there with the balls to make this kind of thing. The eyeball scene with the lip twitch is loving awesome, and anybody who didn't stay for it is a loser.

Comments about people walking out of a movie really don't matter anymore either. I've recently seen hipsters show up to a screening of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and laugh at it like they'd walked into a Screening of The Room then leave early on when they figured out it wasn't ironic. Because the movie shows bad films sometimes, so they got confused. I think. Because if a theater shows bad movies sometimes, then it must just be a theater that does that and so you laugh at all the movies? Goddamn I hate people.

What are your thoughts on Zootopia?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I actually hope it's max landis instead of josh. but imagine if they botw with max AND josh. hell on earth.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Max Landis, Josh and Jack only.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
if max landis is in i hope he doesn't try so loving hard this time

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

best film ever made

Get outta here

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

What are your thoughts on Zootopia?

Didn't see it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

revdrkevind posted:

Didn't see it.

You're missing out.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

LordArgh posted:

if max landis is in i hope he doesn't try so loving hard this time

I think him harassing Rich during his description of Double Down made up for most of that. It makes me laugh every time.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The McCauley caulkin (idk how to spell it) cameo was worth every second of Max Landis.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

The McCauley caulkin (idk how to spell it) cameo was worth every second of Max Landis.

Agreed. He was a good sport to play up his creepy weirdo-ness for laughs on YouTube.

Also I liked Max Landis' appearance but I can totally understand people being turned off because he was trying too hard.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I feel like when he did dirk gently he told the main guy "look at me, this is your character, do this on the tv" because goddamn is dirk gently just max landis with a more symmetrical haircut.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Krinkle posted:

dirk gently just max landis with a more symmetrical haircut.

Medium Landis

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Maccaucau

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Max was also desperately trying to have sex with everyone at the table.

But I mean who wouldn't?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Zzulu posted:

I will never get sick of the slavic nihilism of Stalker and the fiction it came from/produced.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Neon Demon is trash for deviants.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Get out of here, Stalker"

haha just a little video game humor for all us pre-rec fans

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Max Landis should write and direct the next Star Trek

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Max Landis should write and direct the next Stalker

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

People mention Stalker, but the visual style of neon demon felt more like a 2016 update of Suspiria, set in LA. If you want gorgeous visuals, hot chicks, and murder, go watch that instead.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Paladinus posted:

Neon Demon is trash for deviants.

The trailer made it look like a feature-length Lady Gaga video. Never bothered watching it.

I did, however, finally get around to watching Krampus. loving loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was one of two people in the cinema laughing at it. A lot of walkouts during the necrophilia scene. I burst out laughing at the eyeball bit. Tough crowd.
I thought it was hilarious but nowhere near as good as Drive or OGF. Valhalla Rising is still my favourite of his.

bronson is my fav. though i have trouble articulating why other than i loved everything about it.

• Locked thread