Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I would love to play FFXV but I don't own the PS4 or Xbone. I am saving my money for the Switch.

Make sure you also save enough for the power cord unless you have Wii U already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Make sure you also save enough for the power cord unless you have Wii U already.

I ADORE my WiiU. It has been the best console that I have owned.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I have a PS4 but am not currently planning on playing Final Fantasy XV.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

irlZaphod posted:

i guess you could just cut the middleman and become a jpop fan right away

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

irlZaphod posted:

You should because it looks really fun. Do it for me because I keep wanting to play it but then end up stuck at work all night.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

There was a Final Fantasy where the end-boss was Gackt. Final Fantasy has always been about Japanese boy bands.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

oddium posted:

wow stux looking good there

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, stux is a pretty boy.

thank u friends i try

greatn posted:

A lot of the love for FFXV seems to be ironic "Look at me I'm in a boy band lol I'm traveling with a bunch of dudes and am super effeminate ROFL".

But this is good. I think ironic love for something comes from an unironic desire to experience something from a new perspective in a safe non-committal way. Players are being enabled to experience a different, non traditional mode of masculinity they aren't used to and deriving joy from it, and that's great.

i unironically want to make out and possibly more with all 4 ffxv anime boys

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Cicadas! posted:

There was a Final Fantasy where the end-boss was Gackt. Final Fantasy has always been about Japanese boy bands.

Which is apt, considering Square Enix pretty much ripped off Gackt when they designed FF8's Squall.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yet if someone says they want to bone down on Rosalina they're a pervert. Double standard.

I didn't say that though. A person I know said that.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

greatn posted:

Yet if someone says they want to bone down on Rosalina they're a pervert. Double standard.

Sever.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Stux posted:

i unironically want to make out and possibly more with all 4 ffxv anime boys

well, i see that my post did not have the effect i thought it would

the guy in the picture is Gackt by the way(E:beaten); bafflingly he isn't in ffXV

greatn posted:

please leave rosalina alone

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

greatn posted:

I haven't seen excels post in a while though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/806198457493024769

Good news, basically exactly what I was hoping the dock would do.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sounds about as expected and pretty neat. I love how it ends with "we wanted to go but Nintendo doesn't like us anymore."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

greatn posted:

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/806198457493024769

Good news, basically exactly what I was hoping the dock would do.
Reminds me of the "unrested penalty" from World of Warcraft. Rather than say it's decreased performance when on battery like laptops do, it's being framed as increased performance when plugged in. :laugh:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there will be a market for a portable charging adapter that will do the performance boost while plugged in?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Laura's been blacklisted by Nintendo so now she has no fucks left to give. She also tweeted that From has Dark Souls 3 running on devkits and might be porting all three games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dehry posted:

I wonder if there will be a market for a portable charging adapter that will do the performance boost while plugged in?

If the performance boost puts it at 1080p it wouldn't matter since the screen is purportedly 720p anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lodin posted:

Laura's been blacklisted by Nintendo so now she has no fucks left to give. She also tweeted that From has Dark Souls 3 running on devkits and might be porting all three games.

A Star Fox Musou was pitched but rejected. Extra corroborated by the Unseen64 guy.

The leak-age is pretty fun.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Lodin posted:

Yeah, she said today because of the blacklisting she's just gonna leak all kinds of poo poo that she's been sitting on. Pretty funny.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So as revenge to Nintendo she's going to leak a bunch of stuff to make people want their products more. Good plan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the boys in ffxv arent in a band

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

even boys might be a misnomer. two of them are full grown men

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they are two adult men and two young adults who have to flee their besieged city-state and possibly fulfill an arranged political marriage. there's no japanese pop music

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

So as revenge to Nintendo she's going to leak a bunch of stuff to make people want their products more. Good plan.

And make money from the clicks.
The clicks have now taken down the site she works for.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who's Laura and what'd she do to get blacklisted?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Video Game Journalist, who leaked a bunch of Nintendo stuff. She leaked a bunch of Nintendo stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah this.

EDIT: Too slow I guess.

So she leaked stuff and?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Laura is a former UK games journalist who is also a cohost on the Jimquisition podcast. She also runs a site called Let's Play Video Games with two other former UK games journalist which is patreon supported.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Laura Kate Dale is a gamez jurnalist who has earned the reputation of leaking stuff about the Nintendo Switch which turned out to be true. Of course, no company that has a policy of secrecy likes leaks, so they in turn blacklisted her. But the way she's going she'll probably feel the wrath of Reggie next.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also lol at site clicks actually giving you all that much money unless you are operating a giant rear end site.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah this.

EDIT: Too slow I guess.

So she leaked stuff and?

She's a good journalist who actually knows how to journalist and chooses to focus this on games instead of the UK government for some godforsaken reason.

She's also on a lot of podcasts.

Dexo posted:

Also lol at site clicks actually giving you all that much money unless you are operating a giant rear end site.

She has a Patreon which is way better than clicks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What likely got her blacklisted is this:

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/800291109448523777

Even if some stuff here turns out fake, this would most likely be the vast majority of the January presentation. And Nintendo would not like that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not invited to limited press event = "blacklisted" apparently.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I feel like it's unlikely that whatever Retro has been working on for the last eight millennia won't be highlighted in some way

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

greatn posted:

Not invited to limited press event = "blacklisted" apparently.

No she was actually blacklisted...

Lemming posted:

I feel like it's unlikely that whatever Retro has been working on for the last eight millennia won't be highlighted in some way

Retro isn't working on anything, they're just scribbling pictures of Donkey Kong OCs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lemming posted:

Donkey Kong: Arctic Flames

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What likely got her blacklisted is this:

If that Mario Maker port has new items and slopes, then I'm sold.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's pretty easy to tell if a company is blacklisting you or not.

Also if she has sources in Nintendo it is extremely easy to find out if you are blacklisted or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Steve2911 posted:

No she was actually blacklisted...

Well to be fair, it's not like Nintendo has to give out press passes to bloggers. :v:

• Locked thread